Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Resources > How To Get Hold Of Stuff

Notices

Old 09-20-2008, 09:58 AM   #1
Samson
Avalon Senior Member

Default Lets go?! (almost)Free location found

This post is rewritten because the original location and link were no longer available, BUT!!!
Ive contacted local authorities in Norway and have been offered several locations in one breath! I am NOT kidding!
So if we really want to see and be the change it is possible! All it takes is YOU!
Aint this what Avalon is all about?
If you think you're willing to live in Norway.
If youre willing to live very eco-minded, selfsufficient and all it takes to be part of the solution. It is possible. Land and houses are available and are virtually for free for people with the right intentions.

So I invite you to introduce yourself.
There is room for all of us.

Let's do this.

PLEASE step forward.

The ironic thing is. These locations are mainly abandoned miletary complexes.
Authorities are willing to give them (for free) to "eco" people.

I do trust and love you all, but i wont give all the inside information just like that.
(did so last time, and lost the location!)

PEACE!!!

Last edited by Samson; 09-24-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:33 AM   #2
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Lets go?! (almost)Free location found

Hey Samson!

Where you located buddy?

I cant translate the page so i cant see what it says, i was thinking about moving to a community like this one purely to get away from current society.

Also, those mountains look awesome for basejumping!!

If you could give me the link to the translation i wont have to go and learn norweigan
2infinityandbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:46 AM   #3
Samson
Avalon Senior Member

To get these places rockin again you need people, lots of them.

What are your dreams? Do you think you can realise them in or around a really huge complex with a lot of likeminded people?

Last edited by Samson; 09-24-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #4
Pluto
Avalon Senior Member

Last edited by Pluto; 09-20-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:51 AM   #5
Samson
Avalon Senior Member

I'm trying to keep this post as readable as possible. I would have deleted this one if i could but havent found out how to that, yet.

Last edited by Samson; 09-24-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:58 AM   #6
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
the translated version in Englisch
http://translate.google.com/translat...-8&sl=nl&tl=en

The place is not used for years. Eco farming is heavely subsidised in Norway.
And as i wrote i see lots of oppertunities here for a lot of ideas.
A few questions.

A. Who owns it?
B. Is it possible to move a community in there?
C. How much will it cost me?
Old 09-20-2008, 12:00 PM   #7
chatoyant

Quote:
the translated version in Englisch
http://translate.google.com/translat...-8&sl=nl&tl=en

The place is not used for years. Eco farming is heavely subsidised in Norway.
And as i wrote i see lots of oppertunities here for a lot of ideas.
I am thinking that in lieu of rent they would expect a comprehensive maintenance arrangement so be sure to recruit craftspeople, woodworkers, painters, plumbers and electricians. Or people ready to learn such craft.

I wish I could go but I bring to much baggage as I care for old people (family). My plan is to retire in Denmark with my Danish cousins. I hope we still have air travel by then!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #8
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatoyant View Post
I am thinking that in lieu of rent they would expect a comprehensive maintenance arrangement so be sure to recruit craftspeople, woodworkers, painters, plumbers and electricians. Or people ready to learn such craft.

I wish I could go but I bring to much baggage as I care for old people (family). My plan is to retire in Denmark with my Danish cousins. I hope we still have air travel by then!
I'm a semi qualified carpeneter. Always knew it would come in handy.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:15 PM   #9
GaiaLove
Avalon Administrator

excerpt from that site:

Quote:
Price
There is no rental or fixed farm payment. It does, however, have an agreement whereby the tenant / lessee is responsible for the maintenance of buildings and land. The most important for the regional council is that Rein Fjord Lille back in service and activities that take place again. A business plan is essential.

Click here to chat LIVE with other members of Avalon
GaiaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:18 PM   #10
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaiaLove View Post
excerpt from that site:
Thank you.

Ahh, i will maintain the houses if someone does the business plan.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:03 PM   #11
Samson
Avalon Senior Member

The business plan will be combined from our interests and ideas.
The intent is selfsufficient eco farming. Thats how we'll 'mainly plan to work and live.
Well run a restaurant, have cows, grow biological food. Tourism is a market.
Meditationcourses... how would you like to live?
What will it cost? Little if nothing. Well your ticket to get there is yours.
Thing is if we come up with a descent plan the local authorities are more then willing to let us have these abandoned places.
Much more interested people are needed, before i even consider to contact the authorities there again. The business plan is just ment to make sure we wont live on unemployment income there. (cant find the right word, and cant blame them)

Last edited by Samson; 09-24-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:14 PM   #12
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

http://www.migrationinformation.org/...lay.cfm?ID=307

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:49 PM   #13
Artemis
Avalon Senior Member

hey...hey....hey....take it easy boy....lol

do you have any experience of that part of the world....

it is soo diffrent from the more populationdense parts of europe.....

can you live without any light in daytime for at least 2 month....complete darkness... lol... and during the summer have sunlight 24/7

the agricultural season is about 3 month.... and it is cold.....

do you consider that Norway is not part of EU and doesnt get any support from them...

do you consider that Norway is a quite expensive country to live in if you have income you will expect to take with you....

A pkt of cigarettes 8 euro..... a pizza 12 euro..... and many from Norway is shopping in Sweden if they live near enough... nearly half the prices....

I dont think they will leave the machines nessecery for farming... they cost a fortune....

It is few people living in that part of Norway.... is it enough people by tourism that will find the place for a restaurant for example......

I can list a lot of more.... but I think this is enough..... so find information and study the subject carefully.....

by the way... I am Swedish but have friends in Norway and have spend some time there....and have experience of the northen parts of scandinavia....
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:50 PM   #14
Samson
Avalon Senior Member

@artemis, and all.
It's a 4 season country. Yep.
Been there more then once and consider it to be one of the most beautiful countrys ive ever seen.
Anyone interested in starting a pizzeria?
You have to be high up North to find these months of winterdarkness...
But Hey if this pole shift comes we might live on the equator soon....lol
The migration information does not apply to us yet. If our intentions are good, we'll get a lot of help to overcome these formalities.
The machines needed for eco farming are subsidised.
Having 30 cows in a biological farm. Brings you 175.000 litres of milk a year that you can sell. There is a good marked for it. And youll
get 8000 Euro's a year subsidy.

Thousands of acres, a lot of buildings, fresh water..., all it takes is a lot of people that will take care of it, without demolishing it.
I really thought it would be easy to get people interested. So far only 5 are really interested.
If we think the "moneymakerssystem" is going to end, we'll have to get selfsufficient.
Sponsors are welcome, dont get me wrong there.
The idea is a free, open, durable, creative selfsufficient society...
We 4 us 4 a better future.
Cheesemakers, beekeepers, woodworkers... It takes a lot of people to make things easy.
This is not a 9 to 5 job. This a 24/7 way of life. It's a big step, i realise that and so should you.

imagine it this way...
We can have the key of an entire abandoned city if we promise to take care of ourselfs the buildings and the beautiful nature surrounding it.
This is not an utopian dream this is real and ours to realise.

So if you think this is interesting, say hi, and give this topic to others that might be interested!

A thousand times, PLEASE

Last edited by Samson; 09-24-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:20 PM   #15
vipersocks
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Samson,

What a wonderfull idea!

I'm a time served carpenter and joiner and building site manager now lecturing at College, so could provide the necessary skills for the benefit of the community.

I'll have to convince my better half though! Not sure she'd agree but I'll give it a go.

thanks
vipersocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:31 PM   #16
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

does it have old nuclear shelter facilities? what is it ex military?? im down with it but if war kicks off how will i get to norway from here.. i can take a boat i suppose.. there are 3 of us in group maybe 4.. norway wont be expensive by the time people have to go to this vilage since the globaL ECONOMY WILL COLLAPSE IN 09 Anyway..keep me posted on thsi im very interested we need to be able to protect ourselves against neutron weappons...
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:28 AM   #17
Rebel4Life
Avalon Senior Member

Sounds fun but what is your take on this article :
http://www.illuminati-news.com/Articles/59.html
So does that mean we get bunkers too? O.O
Rebel4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:53 AM   #18
historycircus

I am not trying to poo-poo on anyone's parade, but there are certain laws, national and international, that one might look into regarding property ownership and occupation before you make the thrust of this thread a viable alternative to dealing with the future right where you are.

"Local authorities in Norway" needs explaination - as the government of Norway is part of the, shall we say, global paradigm of unpleasantness. Ask Billy Mier - even he has issues with his regional "powers that be."

Besides, wherever you live, North or South America, Finland or Botswana, won't the people who live near you and survive what is coming need you the most? Won't you be the most capable to handle the needs of those you are familiar with?

Don't leave a region to join the like minded. Service to others (versus service to self) demands that you don't do what the threadmaker here is requesting - I think. I don't know. Just a thought. I would love to hear what you think.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:00 AM   #19
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Here is a site where folks can get instant translations. Enjoy

www.babelfish.yahoo.com
Old 09-25-2008, 06:19 AM   #20
VinnieCooper
Avalon Senior Member

Weldone Samson. Its a Dream oppertunity for sure.

I've been working on Community Farming / Vocational Training in the UK For a couple of YEARS now. Funding it myself. Its boiled down to me offering free Micro-Farming Solutions to people for their gardens, and serving drinks @ MusicEvents.

We all have interests some of them similer some of them the same and some of them completely different.Thisplan should be able to satisfy them all.

Bussiness Plan. #1

Stage 1 - Sustain "Ground Crew"
Set aside maybe +/- 50 Acres of land to grow; Some Indigenous - North European, Grain and Root Vegetable's which will Constitute as the staple Diet of "GROUND CREW" Who could be LIVING ON SITE. (Perhaps Swede, Turnip, Oats, Rye. Possibly Onion, Leek, Cabbage and or Cauliflower)

Stage 2 - Commercial Agriculture
Using a variety of indigenous Berrys, we use up the rest of the Farming Land.
These Berry Bushes will be pollonated Via a Network of Beehive's which will also provide, two wonderful resourses; Honey & Wax, Oh and berry's.

Stage 3 - Processing Agricultural Resourses
After Establishing a Honey Processing Plant within the Compound, (Not difficult Extraction through centrifuge* - bacicly a series of cunningly adapted Pottery wheels) We turn our attention to the Bussiness of making MEAD or Honey Wine, using both the honey and the fruit. A portion of which we sell to pay for maintainence cost's as part of the contract or pay rent or pay off loan etc. The rest gives us capital for the Next Stage of the Plan. Also this gives us a means to suppliment* our staple diet. (One Possible Market is to sell at or too is the MUSIC EVENT's industry.)

Stage 4 - Vocational Training
Now with this Mead Based capital we employ Expertise in Our fields of interests, to Run Intensive Vocational Training Course's, for the GC. Aimed at providing us with the skills nessesary Teach the various Vocations ourselves. Possibly using our own certification Scheam.

Stage 5 - Vocation School.
With our newly aquired* skills we can then Run Courses ourselves FREE OF CHARGE to whomever is interested. Using the Ample Space afforded by the genorosity of the Norweigen Gov. Hence Providing a Worthwhile Service to the world. Using our Mead Capital and will power to expand the facilities. Everything else can be built up around this structure. Name some intersting Vocations, I can think of hundreds, to name but a few.

Stage 6 - Further Service's
The Space is there and could be well used in Conservation, Reintroduction, Breeding Programs for Endangered species; Such as The North European Lynx, Grey Wolf, Brown Bear, Bison?, Wolveine and or the European Beaver. Not to mention plants insects Reptiles etc.. This Could potentially draw various other oppertunities and interests. All Costs of tuition regarding this could again be offset Via Mead Sale's. If no other professionals Could provide the services required freely aspart of the GC.

Stage 7 - Expansion
Through Promotion of this template we could do similer work through out the world helping people to develop their cultures. Sustably, in subsitance based type fashion.

Stage 8 - Commercial Skills
Through Vocational Training we can also aquire Commercially useful skills, if we provide these skills as a free service sustained by food from similer projects, the world would eventully be run entirely on a volentary subsistance basis. ie no need for tax, too pay some body to work.

This has been a plan that I've been working on for a while now its simply been adapted to this situation.

The Finer Details are another story, but are fairly simple.
But for me they include complete Independance from Non-renewable Fuel's aside from emergency back up facilities.
Possibly The use of clean energy products such as Hydro Wind Tidal etc....We could also act as a Showroom for various Eco Technology's.

I'm very Interested in Expanding this with everybody here that's interested.

Also in the interest of diversity I'm Keen to use Only the indigenous Plants and Animals, and developing only Indigenous Culture' (Norway way has Plenty) as opposed to importing it.

SAMSON YOU ARE THE MAN Amazing oppertunity maybe the Avalon Founders Could Help us ?
I wont Pursue this Until I get some feedback from You but It would be nice to approach this together perhaps using Avalon as the official Vessle? What do you think? Thanks for your posting

Initial Over heads:-
Seeds
Beehives + Bee's (really not that scary...yeahright)
Supply's
Transport

Can i just say Sauna as well.

From Norwegian Horticultural research I find you can expect to yield about 2.53 tonnes of Berrys (RedCurrants + other berrys) per acre.

Peace & Love to you hope we can get things moving soon.

Last edited by VinnieCooper; 09-25-2008 at 01:16 PM.
VinnieCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:15 AM   #21
Metamike
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Samson - I used to be an American citizen. I am now Nowegian - having lived in this country and have family after 38 years of experience here. Your information is intriguing. I looked at the link and could not get the same general idea - but if you are right. I might be a good link to check things out. The Norwegian military has been very much dismembered and of course there are plenty of buildings and infrastructures that are available. As far as I know, they still cost money. I will do what I can to help.

PS immigration to this country is not easy if you are not already in Eu.
Metamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:46 AM   #22
Metamike
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieCooper View Post
Bussiness Plan.

INDIGENOUS is the ONLY WAY. FULL STOP. Thats the lesson all to often forgotton. Indigenous = Diversity any other Idea = Mono-culture ie bland.

Work with the Indigenous Species, as they already work there why ruin their eco system? Then Process the Produce to add quality.

OBVIOUSLY You'd wouldn't rely on any fossil fuels.
You proberly wouldn't need a fridge.
End up doing the whole
Sauna.
Tipi.
Dogsledge.
skiing.
Boat Building.
Rune casting.
Stav.
& Mead.
Type thing.

Maybe get involved in endangered species Program ie LYNX and birds re-population projects etc...
Fishing Is likley to be quite good.
Lets get real here! I agree that you have to think a little more tribal and indegineous. So far we can only dream of not using wood here in Norway to heat our houses. Solar is good but It will not provide heat in the winter. Depending where you are - Also the winters here are not always that much snow. We are really not talking about a society that is meant to survive for ever. Only until the time that those that are going into the New world 4 density are ready to cross over. If you dont understand this. I can put you up to date.

Who am I - Photographer, graphic artist, painter, NLP - instructor - therapist, hypnotist, author, researcher - free energy - work with simple electronics, web design, carpenter have built 4 houses - fisher, hunter, kajakk padler, and spiritual advisor. I have some economic resources, but they have to be liquidized fairly soon to take advantage of the situation.
Metamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:03 PM   #23
VinnieCooper
Avalon Senior Member

@MetaMan Your Right Meta... I was slightly Lax with my Terminology as regard Fossil Fuel's, I OBVIOUSLY ment to a Suggest a move away from Dependancy on Non-Renewable Fuels, of which Wood Would Consitute The main Body of..... the solution, aswell as perhaps Wind? as you suggested. potentially even Tidal energy due to numerous fjords off the Eastern coast of Norway.

Should I persure this, Which Realisticlly I want to. I'd be potentially bring

A NLP master practitioner (can teach instructors), Homeopath, Hypnotheripist, Nuclear Phyicist, Astrologer, First-aid, Cabinate maker, EX-REME (helicoptor engineer.) Lecturer.

A Chemist and quailified Pharmacist (Currantly works for UN), A Botanist, A Linguist, Farmer....Blah Blah Blah

I'm personally Proficient in all trades, Plumbing (not Gas), Carpentary (especilly in Constructional applications such as Roofing), Tiling, GroundWork, Plastering, Cabling and Bricklaying. I Have experiance in Micro Farming, event organising, Cold Call Canvassing, fundamental motor Mechanics, Welding Various team Sports etc...
Etc Etc Its not as big as Your List.........

But then Its not so much about what skills you've got, its more about what kind of Attitude you bring.

Humility important toremember. I know my capacity. for instance... Spelling is not one of my strong points, however patients canbe.

Everybody has a Skill Set, I bet the manSampson has loads of skills. I wouldn't care if he didn't, cause he seems like a sincere and motivated kind of a Dude keen to share productive Info ie teamplayer.

Thus Let go of your Ego.MetaMan
that last comment about me not being Realistic made me Angry. Because erh I found it Slightly Condasending. Because Well I'm quiteobviously being serious DONT APOLISIGE just Learn, you can thank me if you must

Oh by the way what part of Norway do you come From metaman?
VinnieCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:09 PM   #24
gazbom
Banned

Default Re: Lets go?! 500 people are wanted

Quote:
This post is rewritten because the original location and link were no longer available, BUT!!!
Ive contacted local authorities in Norway and have been offered several locations in one breath! I am NOT kidding!
So if we really want to see and be the change it is possible! All it takes is YOU!
Aint this what Avalon is all about?
If you think you're willing to live in Norway.
If youre willing to live very eco-minded, selfsufficient and all it takes to be part of the solution. It is possible. Land and houses are available and are virtually for free for people with the right intentions.

So I invite you to introduce yourself.
There is room for all of us.

Let's do this.

PLEASE step forward.

The ironic thing is. These locations are mainly abandoned miletary complexes.
Authorities are willing to give them (for free) to "eco" people.

I do trust and love you all, but i wont give all the inside information just like that.
(did so last time, and lost the location!)

PEACE!!!
Me and my family are very interested, where could we apply and find more information!
gazbom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:13 PM   #25
gazbom
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2infinityandbeyond View Post
Thank you.

Ahh, i will maintain the houses if someone does the business plan.
I'll help!
I can lay bricks, plaster and I'm as handy as hell with timber and my hobby is gardening!
gazbom is offline   Reply With Quote