Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 12-02-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Easy Steps to Prevent Tooth Decay and Gum Disease

http://www.naturalnews.com/024972.html
NaturalNews) One part of getting older is rotting teeth right and gum disease? It's inevitable that when we age, our teeth will automatically go rotten and we will need fillings. But how true is this? Is it an absolute certainty that we have to have a mouth full of cavities as we get into old age? There is actually a significant amount of evidence that says otherwise. Age is not the issue, the issue is diet.

Dr. Weston Price was one of history's most amazing dentists. He studied many Indigenous people who never had any problems with rotting teeth until coming into contact with modern industrialization. They lived right into old age without any significant tooth decay. Yet when they began eating the standard diet of today, their teeth began to decay quite quickly.

The problem is that the modern diet generally lacks much nutritional value. High sugar junk foods, processed food, foods with pesticides, flavourings, colourings and other chemicals abound in our world today.

These foods lack vital nutrients that are necessary for healthy teeth, and these nutrients were present in the diets of most Indigenous people.

Interestingly, fluoride tooth pastes, fluoride in the water and fluoride treatments seem to do nothing positive for our teeth. In fact, there is a lot of evidence that fluoride is terrible for our health.

If we want healthy teeth, we cannot rely on convenience foods. Home made food that includes super foods are essential for our teeth as well as our overall wellbeing. We need to enjoy the food of nature, not the food of factories that are producing food at lightening speed for profit.

So what are some ways that we can avoid tooth decay and gum disease even into old age?

1.Avoid sugar, processed flour and grain products such as bread, crackers, biscuits, donuts etc. Colas, artificial flavors, colourings or foods with any artificial ingredients don't offer any nutritional value, and our bad for our overall health including our teeth. Any type of processed convenience food should be avoided to enjoy optimum teeth and gums.

2.Soymilk, soy protein, too much tofu, and unpasteurized milk also offer nothing of value to our teeth. In fact, they all cause tooth decay.

3.Raw milk is a super food that is packed with nutrients that are wonderful for our teeth. It balances the calcium and phosphorus in the body, and an imbalance of these minerals has been shown to cause tooth breakdown. People can drink as much raw milk as they want, while pasteurized milk has lost its value and causes imbalances.

4.If you have a sweet tooth but still want to enjoy healthy teeth, just replace your normal sugar with xylitol. Xylitol is a natural sweetener that occurs naturally and can be found in foods such as berries, fruit, vegetables and mushrooms. Its benefits have been widely researched. You can chew gum with xylitol, make cakes, put in tea, or put in anything that you would normally use sugar with.

5.Camu Camu is one of the best super foods for preventing gum disease. This amazing super food provides our bodies with endless benefits. It is the food with the highest amount of vitamin C in the world, and it also contains bioflavonoids. Studies show that a low immune system is one of the main reasons for unhealthy gums...and camu camu boosts the immune system like no other food.

6.Flossing is essential for healthy gums and teeth.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:00 PM   #2
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Easy Steps to Prevent Tooth Decay and Gum Disease

Ammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:09 PM   #3
She-Ra
Avalon Senior Member

Good toothpastes too, I use all natural ayervedic toothpaste and sometimes Black (and White) natural tooth powder but when that finishes I'm just going to use baking soda and foodgrade hydrogen peroxide.

Number 4 is interesting - I hadn't heard of that before even though I adore my fruit/veg. I wouldn't recommend chewing gum though unless a meal is forthcoming

Last edited by She-Ra; 12-02-2008 at 01:11 PM.
She-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:18 PM   #4
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

well it is the middle of the future here. There are other solutions, like gold. I dont think they need flossed.

JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:51 PM   #5
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Its not easy to give up chocolate
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:03 PM   #6
Bonnie
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Its not easy to give up chocolate
Tell me about it!
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:19 PM   #7
mwm4pa
Avalon Senior Member

Default Oil Pulling

Check out http://oilpulling.com/index.htm . My wife and I started this simple and powerful practise 2 months ago. Lots of benefits for dental and overall health.

Namaste
mwm4pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:11 PM   #8
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Review: Peri-Gum Mouthwash Concentrate is Medicine for Your Mouth
http://www.naturalnews.com/Review_00...al_health.html

For the last few months, I've been using Peri-Gum Mouthwash Concentrate, a combination of powerful, medicinal ingredients that contain potent anti-cancer and anti-bacterial compounds.

This isn't some sweet-tasting mouthwash "candy," and it's not loaded with artificial sweeteners or colors like most brand-name mouthwash products.

Instead, it contains echinacea, bloodroot, white oak bark, cayenne, bayberry, tea tree oil and peppermint oil. It takes just 5 drops mixed with water to bathe your entire mouth and gums in this concentrated medicinal tincture.

Although there are no studies yet to prove this, I believe this product exhibits powerful anti-cancer potential due to the well-documented anti-cancer effects of its ingredients. In addition to that, it's a super powerful anti-bacterial, anti-plaque tincture that will wake you up and leave you refreshed and alert!

I give Peri-Gum my Editor's Choice award. This is my favorite medicinal mouthwash, and I don't travel without it! Get some for yourself at www.Peri-Gum.com

NaturalNews has no financial relationship with the Peri-Gum company.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #9
Realview
Avalon Senior Member

Besides oil pulling try to obtain pure, raw Palm Oil and rub or brush it onto the teeth and gum. I'm thinking carotene is one of the reasons it is very effective. I believe it helps restore the enamel among other benefits. You can get raw Palm Oil at an African grocery store, some Asian grocery stores and even some Whole Foods markets. It is a dark orange oil and mostly a solid at room temperature with some discoloration.

Also, my understanding is that "Fluoride toothpaste" actually inhibits calcium regrowth for about a 12 hour period. Hence brushing twice a day with Fluoride toothpaste actually prevents the teeth from self healing.
Realview is offline   Reply With Quote