Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:15 AM   #26
Average Joe
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Where to go: Polar ice melting (Map), Wars in the world, other possible catastrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by lock'N'load View Post
This is what little Boriska was talking about.
I wouldn't worry about Moscow being underwater next year. At least not from polar ice cap melting. Whilst it has been estimated that if all the polar ice melted (which will NEVER happen...even a huge 6 degree rise would leave the poles well below zero) you would get the same result as the illustration, we have to understand that polar ice cap melting is a very slow process.

They've been melting for years around the peripheries due to the warming climate and the sea level hasn't risen one tiny bit yet. The coast that I knew 30 years ago is still the coast.

I'm not saying that melting will not increase the sea level in future, but if it does happen it won't happen quickly.

if Moscow is to be underwater next year then it can only be from a massive flood or tsunami.
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:57 AM   #27
Swamisalami
Banned

Default Re: Where to go: Polar ice melting (Map), Wars in the world, other possible catastrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
if Moscow is to be underwater next year then it can only be from a massive flood or tsunami.
An other possibility is rain and/or melting snow/ice which will overfill the rivers. Seen that sometimes overhere in the lowlands.
Swamisalami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #28
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

I saw one photo where it seemed obvious to me that the ice had been sheared off by manmade methods. It was all over the news and I thought, well, is the emperor wearing new clothes or not?!? Any data coming from an obvious government controlled organization is immediately suspect for a double take.

cheers!
Gnosis
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #29
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

The best data that seems right to me is that we are coming up against a near simultaneous periodic galactic warming force and a periodic earth mini ice age, and add in the hand of the current techno boys (scalar, etc.), and what do you get?
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
climate changes, emigration, safe zones, survival, wars