Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Books, Videos, Articles, etc.

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
aroundthetable
Avalon Senior Member

Default Why does God let us suffer? Free E-Book

Qoute from the book,

The Road to Despair

Following September 11, 2001, soon after the “war on terrorism” began with the attacks on Afghanistan, I was called in to a BBC radio programme. It was a panel discussion among various men of faith, asking the question whether or not there can be such a thing as a ‘just war’.
In the course of the discussion a Buddhist representative, while roundly condemning violence of any sort, said, “The attacks on the US require a moral response.”
I agreed, but added, “In order to respond morally to anything I would suggest that we need a consistent moral framework.”
“Well, it’s not exactly rocket science,” he replied. “It should be pretty obvious what is right and wrong.”
I had no problem with that either. “Yes it should, and I am sure both sides in any moral debate would also accept that. However, both would no doubt consider their own point of view to be obviously correct, and the other side to be hopelessly wrong.”

It is a good read for all faiths and spiritual seekers alike, here is the link for the free download.

http://krishnadharma.com/blog/?cat=16
aroundthetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Why does God let us suffer? Free E-Book

Thank you, will give it a read. Moral perspectives can be a tricky path to navigate.
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

I have not read the book yet but I know that God let us suffer because that is our wish, we have free will

We have to chose to live in harmony with the cosmic laws and give up our addiction to the victim-victimizer co-dependant game in order to be able to enter the path of no suffering, co-creation, interdependance and joy

I will try to make some time to read it anyway, thank you for the link

Love
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #4
aroundthetable
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower View Post
Thank you, will give it a read. Moral perspectives can be a tricky path to navigate.

I hope this help to navigate through a potential minefield in many areas of life
aroundthetable is offline   Reply With Quote