Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Australia and New Zealand

Notices

Old 09-12-2008, 11:57 PM   #1
Johnno

Smile Melbourne/Victoria

Melbourne/Victoria Chapter of Ground Crew Network

Welcome to all in Melbourne or Victoria country Ground Crew potentials.
Lets correlate the safe spaces in and around our state.
Regards,
DarkMatter

Last edited by Johnno; 11-05-2008 at 03:29 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:14 AM   #2
Lt Ripley
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Melbourne/Victoria

Hey Dark Matter,

Good to see you here.

I think any mountain area in Vic would be a great starting place.
Lt Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:42 AM   #3
Johnno

Hello Lt Ripley
Good to see you here also.
I was thinking of Mount Macedon, which isn't too far from Melbourne. Its highest peak is just over 1000 meters, which hopefully should be high enough.
Only trouble is that a plot of land on the mountain side would need to be purchased and then developed. I don't think the owners of the land would like squatters appearing there preparing it for safe space use.
This is one of the hurdles for many seeking a safe place to prepare. Going to a possible safe space location at the last minute could be disastrous.
What are your thoughts???
Take care.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter

Last edited by Johnno; 11-05-2008 at 03:29 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:53 AM   #4
Mattriks
Avalon Senior Member

Hey there,

yep great to see melbs/vic in the mix. most of 2C magazine (2ndcreation.org)crew live here, but Even and Edward are up North. At the moment I'm wondering whether to head that way too, still working that out. Our current episode of 2C (Planetary Arts to Survive and thrive) is about getting off the grid and transforming the grid and seed saving and all that stuff. Welcoming any input you may have. Look forward to developing our local avalon node.
Mattriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:43 AM   #5
Johnno

Hello Mattriks and welcome.

Quote:
Even and Edward are up North
North of Victoria or north as in Queensland???

Quote:
Our current episode of 2C (Planetary Arts to Survive and thrive) is about getting off the grid and transforming the grid and seed saving and all that stuff.
Definitely.

Quote:
Welcoming any input you may have.
I think we need a collection of people to pool resources and study a good location for the safe space.
We need to form a committee that can meet to discuss, organize, plan and raise money to purchase land, provisions, equipment etc.
We need quite a few members with dedication and a will to get things moving so a safe space can be developed.
Who out there is willing to commit???
Take care.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter
Old 09-13-2008, 03:50 AM   #6
ForsakenFalcon
Avalon Senior Member

Hi all.
Just popping in to say I'm allso from Vic (infamous frankston )

Though I'm a Super Novice as In master of nothing novice at many thing's
So I'm screwed in term's of getting a placement with in a ground crew =P
ForsakenFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:41 AM   #7
Johnno

Welcome ForsakenFalcon.

Quote:
Just popping in to say I'm allso from Vic (infamous frankston )
I won't hold that against you. I'm from Deer Park myself. The other side of Melbourne.

Quote:
Though I'm a Super Novice as In master of nothing novice at many thing's
So I'm screwed in term's of getting a placement with in a ground crew =P
You don't need to have a University degree to obtain placement within a ground crew, so don't worry there.
Ground crew members and placement is for ALL who want to have a safe space place they can go to when it all hits the fan.
We need to organize members, the more the better. For the time being we need to see how many are willing to join and work to form the new Melbourne/Victoria chapter of the ground crew.
In the next few weeks I will try to organize something to get the ball rolling and I hope by then we will have more members.
Take care.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter
Old 09-15-2008, 03:47 AM   #8
whoisit1998
Avalon Senior Member

I'm also from melbourne....

and I can say after having an enlightenment experience ONEness is the only reality... so you are me, I AM you, I AM God, YOU are God, we are all GOD, every thing is GOD.... and PUG (pure unconditional Love) is the only answer...

that aside, I did have a dream yesterday to get to higher ground in melbourne.. cos the changes were happening...

I am going to look more into the law of one series... but to me reality is God's dream (my dream)

we are but characters in this dream, just like the analogy of having a dream, all those characters in the dream ARE your creation, they are in YOUR mind... and yet we see them as being 'seperate' it is only once we become 'lucid' in the dream, do we remember who we realy are...
whoisit1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:35 AM   #9
vesta
Avalon Senior Member

I don't know about the rest of you in Vic but I'm fairly sure I just read F/F stepping up to take his place in the Victorian Ground Crew.........

What we need to remember is that we all bring is our unique gifts and talents to the team and while some will have learnt things at uni others amongst us have been studying hard @ the school of life and have a lot of life experience ie street smarts to bring to the mix.

As our crews grow and develop so will we and we will all continue to grow together on this journey.

For example - some will know the best type of food to sustain us long term, some will be able to locate it, others will actually be able to source it..... others will know how to prepare it to share with everyone not necessarily exclusive talents but some will be more adept at some things than others!

Falcon you are far from foresaken amongst ur kin here.

Blessings,

Vesta.
vesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:49 AM   #10
Mattriks
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Peeps,

yeah when i say 'up north' i mean:

I have friends in northern nsw, and i've been considering that move for a while. I visited a few moons ago for a couple of weeks and got a good taste of living off the grid.

And another friend is in Inverell which is in the middle of woop woop but has water and good soil and is well away from the coast and he has placed himself there specifically because he thinks it will be a 'safe place'.

Those are the two places i'm thinking but i'm also not totally closed to finding the rite place in Victoria either. Many family and friends are here.

My time frame at the mo is to make some kinda movement in january (half way through this blue electric storm year, in dreamspell speak). With a Van, a solar setup, plants, seeds, love, my (soon to be) wife, a guitar etc. My energy at the moment is going into 2C magazine, some music projects, and getting appropriately resourced to make the shift.

I'm happy to be be part of connecting up with more victorians which ever way it goes. Sharing resources and hope and joy.

Big Love to ya family.

Mattriks
Mattriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:22 AM   #11
Aussie Babe
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Guys!

I am sorta new to all this but getting a very quick wake-up call.

I am in Central Vic, Maryborough to be exact and moved here from Melbourne many years ago, or maybe I should say I was told to come here by my unseen friends.

I feel that we (hubby & I) are safe here and have no terrible panic feeling that we must move to a safer place,so we are staying put.

Looking forward to interacting with you all.
Aussie Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:23 AM   #12
Nyssa
Avalon Senior Member

Hi guys,

I live near Geelong, but am moving to NSW for my safe spot, so I haven't really researched Victoria for safe places. I know of a guy that's settled in Mount Macedon purely on inner guidance of what's to come. He made sure he had a bore on his property, etc, so seems to me that's it's probably a good place to be.

Inverell looks good too, especially if there's good soil there.

There's so much to do it can be over whelming. We buy a bit extra each week when we go for groceries and put it aside for later, (cans etc) it's eaiser doing a bit at a time, and you feel better/safer each time you add to your collection.

It's a great idea to create communities, good luck with yours,

Nyssa.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:18 PM   #13
sirdiablo69
Avalon Senior Member

Gday folks,
l would like to hear from others in the hope of co-ordainating some safe havens outside melb metro, l unfortunately do not have access to enormous funds, as l have reviewed the asking price for various properties / land etc on the basis that ther may be a collapse of our finacial system, therefore any banks loans used to make such purchases may be invalidated. At any rate l would like to hear from other whom also see the need for alternate living arrangements as opposed to suburban melbourne,
sirdiablo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:26 PM   #14
sirdiablo69
Avalon Senior Member

Gday Dark Matter lm also located in the western suburbs of melbourne, with similar concerns as yorself and would be both willing an interested in joining forces with to assist in pooling our combined resources so that we may with various others provide an option to suburban melbourne in case of the undesirable events portayed taking place as suggested by others, be it finacial colapse, food shortages, bioweapons, etc etc
Old 09-20-2008, 09:48 PM   #15
sirdiablo69
Avalon Senior Member

Gday,
lve have been looking at some of the options, and l must say that although mt macedon ids convieniant so far as proximity its also extremely close to suburban melbourne, which unfortunately means that in time of food shortages etc there will be large numbers of melbournians seaching quick alternatives to residential melbournes lack of resorces therfore l believe mt macedon would in effect be to close to and subject to maraudinf elements that could nay would be very needy and most inhospitable with regards wanting/ taking from any reserves we may have of food liveststock etc

Last edited by sirdiablo69; 09-20-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:30 PM   #16
Johnno

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesta View Post
I don't know about the rest of you in Vic but I'm fairly sure I just read F/F stepping up to take his place in the Victorian Ground Crew.........

What we need to remember is that we all bring is our unique gifts and talents to the team and while some will have learnt things at uni others amongst us have been studying hard @ the school of life and have a lot of life experience ie street smarts to bring to the mix.

As our crews grow and develop so will we and we will all continue to grow together on this journey.

For example - some will know the best type of food to sustain us long term, some will be able to locate it, others will actually be able to source it..... others will know how to prepare it to share with everyone not necessarily exclusive talents but some will be more adept at some things than others!

Falcon you are far from foresaken amongst ur kin here.

Blessings,

Vesta.
Well said Vesta. Thank you.

Sorry for the delay in responding. Internet woes as usual.
A very warm welcome to Vesta, Mattriks, Aussie Babe, Nyssa and sirdiablo69.
Are any of you wanting to form a community so we can create the Victorian Chapter Ground Crew??? sirdiablo69 has made the commitment via visitors messaging system, how about the rest???
Take care all.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter
Old 09-21-2008, 05:19 AM   #17
fiolla
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Melbourne/Victoria

Hi folks from Victoria, nice to meet you all here, I am Fiolla from Spain! Next tuesday I will head off from Alicante to fly to downunder and visit Melbourne and Victoria for the first time in my life.I will hire a campervan and explore mainly Victoria and aboriginal places there.Any travelling tips?
fiolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:29 AM   #18
fiolla
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdiablo69 View Post
Gday,
lve have been looking at some of the options, and l must say that although mt macedon ids convieniant so far as proximity its also extremely close to suburban melbourne, which unfortunately means that in time of food shortages etc there will be large numbers of melbournians seaching quick alternatives to residential melbournes lack of resorces therfore l believe mt macedon would in effect be to close to and subject to maraudinf elements that could nay would be very needy and most inhospitable with regards wanting/ taking from any reserves we may have of food liveststock etc
I am new around here and I don´t know the countryside you are speaking about, but you just have a reasonable point there. concerning safe places.When the time comes, you have to be aware of your fellow men, they are the most dangerous species!
Australia will be a good part of the world to be, lots of space in the inland region and far enough from the coast in case of tsunami..........
Old 09-21-2008, 07:59 AM   #19
Aussie Babe
Avalon Senior Member

Angry Re: Melbourne/Victoria

Hello and Welcome Foilla!

You are in for a treat traveling around this wondrous land of ours.Enjoy!

Are there any more members centered around Central Vic? I feel like I am in this part of the world all alone.

Would be willing to link up with somebody /anybody to share ideas etc/
Aussie Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #20
fiolla
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Babe View Post
Hello and Welcome Foilla!

You are in for a treat traveling around this wondrous land of ours.Enjoy!

Are there any more members centered around Central Vic? I feel like I am in this part of the world all alone.

Would be willing to link up with somebody /anybody to share ideas etc/
thanks for your welcome aussie babe!You´re not alone as you see, there´s a lot of poeple around here! Very anxious to see your country and meet poeple over there, sideseeing Melbourne, hire a campervan and explore Victoria!

Old 09-21-2008, 10:49 PM   #21
Johnno

Hello fiolla,
Welcome to this thread of the Forum.
Also welcome to Australia when you get here.
As Aussie Babe has stated already, you will find Australia a very fascinating place, but you may have to go to the Northern Territory to find good places of aboriginal sites. There are not too many here in Victoria unfortunately.
I wish you a great time while visiting our country.
Take care.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter
Old 09-21-2008, 11:54 PM   #22
Johnno

Default The hurdles of a safe space...

The Hurdles of Safe Space
I'm assuming that many of you are wondering what to do and how to go about finding a safe space to survive the possible calamities that may happen in the very near future. I ponder this every day, and without being too overly cynical, the options, unfortunately don't look too favorable.
Here are just some examples of the hurdles involved:

(1) The need for a plot of land and/or property of the ideal safe space location
Who amongst us could afford to purchase a plot of land and/or property??? I know I could never afford this, and I suspect most of you would be in the same boat. So what can we do???
We need to band together, form a committee and pool our resources. We would need to meet on a fairly regular basis to organize the best options for the survival of all members and their families.

(2) Where would be the IDEAL safe space location???
As sirdiablo69 has already pointed out: "l must say that although mt macedon ids convieniant so far as proximity its also extremely close to suburban melbourne, which unfortunately means that in time of food shortages etc there will be large numbers of melbournians seaching quick alternatives to residential melbournes lack of resorces therfore l believe mt macedon would in effect be to close to and subject to maraudinf elements that could nay would be very needy and most inhospitable with regards wanting/ taking from any reserves we may have of food liveststock etc".
He is 100% correct on this point. Unfortunately Mount Macedon is too close to a major population center. So where else???
Country Victoria would probably be the best alternative. Aussie Babe and her hubby seem to be in an ideal location. Population isn't too high. It may not be mountainous, but its probably far enough away and high enough above sea level to be a safe spot in case of tidal waves.
Someone has already suggested the Snowy Mountains. What about in and around the ski resorts: Falls Creek, Threadbo etc.???

(3) If you do have a safe space to go to, when do you move in???
If your retired and well off, then you could probably go now. But if you work for a living, you can't just move in and still be expected to go to work every day. Especially if the safe space is very far away.

All of the above questions need to be answered and alternatives nutted out. I've only given a couple of examples, there are heaps more questions that need to be resolved, but just one person cannot be expected to solve them on his or her own. We need to get our heads together and overcome these issues if we are to have a higher probability of survival when the s--t hits the fan.
Anyone who is interested in forming a committee to overcome the logistics of a safe space, then please let me know in this thread. BUT, you MUST be committed. No half arsed wanting to help. Its all or nothing. Sorry to be blunt, but possible lives could be at stake here.
Take care all and I look forward to your votes of confidence.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter

P.S. If you have any comments, views or criticisms, then please post them here.

Last edited by Johnno; 09-22-2008 at 02:30 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #23
fiolla
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMatter View Post
Hello fiolla,
Welcome to this thread of the Forum.
Also welcome to Australia when you get here.
As Aussie Babe has stated already, you will find Australia a very fascinating place, but you may have to go to the Northern Territory to find good places of aboriginal sites. There are not too many here in Victoria unfortunately.
I wish you a great time while visiting our country.
Take care.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter
thank you for the tip Dark Matter, but I think I will go to Geelong first to visit an aboriginal centre there(it sais in my guide).Since the whole of Australia used to be aboriginal country, I am sure that my special "antenna" will find some places where there is strong and good energy that we can use to survive!As you know the aboriginals were very good at surviving, we can learn o lot of them, that´s why I would like to see and feel their places......
Old 09-22-2008, 12:54 PM   #24
AussieG
Avalon Senior Member

Forums are fine but face to face sets the pace, is anyone organizing a meeting in Melb. If so, where and when.
AussieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:04 PM   #25
sirdiablo69
Avalon Senior Member

Gday all
l am going to post my email for two reasons the first is because l recieved an eamil claiming to be from this sites founders stating that the site is being closed down for various reasons and secondly l strongly suspect it no longer safe to state online much info so far as locations etc are concerned you can reach me at mschoen57@bigpond.com temporarily, a further word of warning that various govt interests tend to dictate that they plant there own operatives within various groups for the purpose of gathering intelligene and info that may bring down any threat percevied by their respective leaders, l hope all this serves as a suitable warning to all such as myself hoping to meet like minded individuals, as for meeting all or any interested in forming some melb group to discuss and consolidate on safe havens please feel to to make conatact via my email address provided ASAP as this opportunity is not indefinate