Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

View Poll Results: How are you preparing yourself?
Externally 5 11.36%
Internally 39 88.64%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2008, 11:53 AM   #1
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Default All aboard ! The ship of doom, or the caravan of love?

Greetings All,

A time is coming.... a time of great change... stuff is going to happen to you.

Guaranteed.

But what?

Inside. In your heart of hearts. What do YOU feel or think is going to happen?

This is what this thread is about.

I awoke this morning with a thought on posting: Why should I post a point of view. Do I want other people to read my view and agree with it? To say that I'm right about something. Where does that get me? I know where I am currently. I believe that what is coming is split between some lines. The Whole vs The Self. Love vs Fear. The Internal vs the External.

Ok... this is my basic and simplistic (or revolutionary?!) view. But I was thinking this morning, there is more value to find out what is the percentage of people who believe one vision or the other, than for me to 'peddle' what I believe.

Internal or external. Are you getting prepared for what can happen to you in an external way (1) or an internal way (2).

1:Finding out about plans/knowledge/plots buying food/gold/water, starting a community which will help protect you from external issues/forces. Reading up on knowledge that will protect you and put you in a better place competitvely, if something should go to the wall

or

2:Thinking to yourself. The change that is coming is an INTERNAL one. the most necessary thing I can do is be myself, or be more myself than I have been in years. I can't affect the s**t that hits the fan, but I must be more loving and more caring of others than I've ever been. And if they carry me off at some point, well...I'll just carry on being me, because what is the point of anything, if I can't and if we can't have a world where we are all one?

So , there you go, a poll. Thought it would be interesting. I also understand that for some, both are equally important. Erm...sorry, gotta choose one option today please. I too bought a few extra tins of soup, back along. What I'm talking about here though is one's inner feeling of what is the RIGHT thing to be doing? And only our inner guidance will be saying which one we should be leaning towards, even if we are currently doing the other. It's that leaning that I'm curious about.

Last edited by Kulapops; 11-02-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
Leadman
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: All aboard ! The ship of doom, or the caravan of love?

Good start.

The poll is not up & running yet (sorry, can't help with that)

My old view: looks like it's going to rain today, better take an umbrella just in case, so I can stay dry.

My new view: looks like it's going to rain today, if I take a large umbrella I can stay dry and have room to keep others dry aswell. I know the large umbrella is heavier, but we can take turns holding it.
Leadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
Leadman
Avalon Senior Member

S**t the polls up now.

Why can't I choose BOTH.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:10 PM   #4
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadman View Post
S**t the polls up now.

Why can't I choose BOTH.
lol

Thanks for posting. Great comment.

I thought of having all three, but then I didn't think anyone would vote for option 1 or 2 then....

K
Old 11-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #5
dataeast
Avalon Senior Member

There's no in/out option, so there's no choice.

You know like Ying/Yang...

dataeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:29 PM   #6
Leadman
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataeast View Post
There's no in/out option, so there's no choice.

You know like Ying/Yang...

Don't tell me you have never heard of YIANG
Old 11-02-2008, 12:34 PM   #7
dataeast
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadman View Post
Don't tell me you have never heard of YIANG
She/He wasn't exactly what I was looking for.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #8
Leadman
Avalon Senior Member

"CHOOSE LIFE" ...............................Unless the choice is a suspended sentance!
Old 11-02-2008, 01:01 PM   #9
dataeast
Avalon Senior Member

LOL.

Well, apparently whatever happens, according to a impeachable source (me ), I'll survive it, I just haven't a clue as to how, so I'll keep looking after myself until it's no longer necessary.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:05 PM   #10
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

poll malfunction ;0 its doesnt have a both option BOTH !!! WOOOWOOOO
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:42 PM   #11
khristmaskathy
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: All aboard ! The ship of doom, or the caravan of love?

I am preparing both externally and internally, but your post really helped me realize that I need to work on the internal more than I have. I wish the original poster and everyone else a happy, peaceful day!
khristmaskathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #12
petem
Avalon Senior Member

I am quite new to this forum. I am trying to focus my internal at night when I meditate. I feel the only way to help people initially will be to serve their basic needs. Food Shelter Security. After that we can form communities and reach out to other people in need. If I get carted away how does that help the REAL people in need? IMHO we need to prepare ourselves externally in order to help organize communities and satify our internal needs. Am I way off base? I'm always looking for insight.

Pete
petem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #13
SuperManny
Avalon Senior Member

Yes I agree that if there was a 'Both' button, everyone would vote for it.

However, with sufficient internal preparation, there would be no need for external preparation at all. I'm not quite that enlightened yet, so I took a few minor external steps...

The biggest temptation, after TSHTF will be to wish things would go back to the way they used to be. If you can skip this temptation; live in the moment and look forward, you'll be well ahead of the crowd.

Once the genie escapes the bottle, there will be no "putting it back in" try as you might.
That's the main problem we're currently experiencing; our beloved government is desperately trying to maintain the status quo. If they'd just let things implode (like they're going to anyway) we could get on with it already, and start looking forward!
SuperManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:29 PM   #14
Norval
Banned

Both
Norval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #15
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineal-pilot-in merkabah View Post
poll malfunction ;0 its doesnt have a both option BOTH !!! WOOOWOOOO

Thanks to everyone for such a great response.

Yes ... both ?! Why didn't I think of that ???

Well if you see my original post, I did hint that that could be an option.

Of course, at the moment the poll is way balanced towards internal. That probably says something about your average Avaloner, or the average person reading this thread. If it were balanced, we might expect more 50 /50 taking place.

Of course, in a balanced YIANG world (love that comment btw ) we are all doing a bit of both. But I'm glad some agree that we can personally be skewed (thats skewed, not scr***d !) more towards one than the other and that can change too. A bit like yin and yang.

There is no winner, no right choice. But a tending towards one or the other brings about change. It's a good time to reflect on what the kinds of changes we want to see will be (imo) - largely internal ones or external.

Keep up the voting ! And the comments
Old 11-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #16
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

I thought "both", but after some thinking and reading the thread and some self reflection.

It is basically only the outside, for the survival during this vacation here, in either situation.
The inside is ok.. (In my world view.)
Nothing can or will happen to it, in the worse case, it will have some dirty experiences to carry for a while/eternity, but with a clear conscience and only as a result of reactions to what happens in the worse case....
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:52 PM   #17
stal
Avalon Senior Member

uummm....both.

how can you truly know the light if you have never known the dark?

or to quote beavis and butthead

'why cant everything be cool?'
'well, if everything was cool, how would we know what sucked?'

if you read something on here that 'scares' you, harden the f#*k up. sticking your head in the sand and thinking about pretty colours will not save you. build a bridge and get over it. yes, good intentions will help, but you just might have to get off your a*s and DO SOMETHING. n*m*ste-ing will not help you. do yourselves a favour and stop bowing before.......

apologies for the rant. space pope helps those who help themselves...

Last edited by stal; 11-02-2008 at 05:56 PM.
stal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:56 PM   #18
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Noah and his animal nature is the alchemical ark working towards the goal.

It take the submission of the animal nature to till the soil to find truth so the animal and man can both feed of the divine.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:26 AM   #19
fastarr
Avalon Senior Member

Change is inevitable.

I deal with it as it comes.

I choose to Live.
fastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:10 AM   #20
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Kulapops, you know me enough to know my answer to that, (by the way I was 19 on inner side, hehe). But if I may brother, I will use this opportunity.

I am glad there is no both option. Because it obliges us to make a priority. In doing so, it tells much about ourselves.

I'm on the path of inner transformation since many years, like many here. I know that in order to see a change in the outside, it has to be impulsed from the inside. But at the same time, the outside experience gathers information/feelings within and transform the inside.

The Experience digested and discerned becomes Knowledge and Knowledge applied becomes Wisdom, with Time. Wisdom opens up new possibilities and this is exactly what we are offered now. Or we sleep and become part of a collective that doesn't let Freewill be. Or we wake up and draw Wisdom inside to become One nation of Hu-man where Freewill is respected.

And of course, the well of Wisdom dwells inside.

Namaste, Steven

Last edited by Steven; 11-03-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:28 PM   #21
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

are they big tins of soup ? cos you may have to share them with all my mates , and there mates too ,but i know you are the generous kind .
i like spring vegatable . and tomato . long as ite heinz .
i just need your adress ?
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #22
flynt144
Avalon Senior Member

If you work on yourself Internally you automatically change the external and vice versa.
They are the same!

Last edited by flynt144; 11-03-2008 at 08:11 PM.
flynt144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:44 PM   #23
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks again for everyone for posting and voting.

It really was a tremendous response.

I agree that these facets are connected and we can transmute one through the other. Internal changes bring about a change in our external reactions and external forces can affect our internal balance.

Great. Everyone seems to agree this, whilst tending towards one, or the other, balancing the two or doing one to learn the other.

What interested me was the application of this universally understood principle to what we read at Avalon. Why do we read some threads and not others. What is our focus? Some threads resonate, whilst other's draw us away from our centre (whether to internal or external)

I begin to notice (for myself, not saying it's an absolute truth) that while there maybe several hundred threads to read, I could look down the list and categorise them one way or the other. Internal/External talking about love and expansion or fear and hiding/ impending disaster.

See , although we talk about factors going on in the outside world, I'm guesing all of this is really about how we interface with the outside world (and not about the outside world at all - if you're internal. And if you're an external sort of person then this is reversed) and we're all different, we'll all have a different reaction.

Thanks again for participating.

K

P.S. Rythm, the Oxtail's gone... and one of vegetable soup. Family were over at the weekend. Dash, now does that mean I now have to go out and replace them??? Well, yes, I like soups actually. :0)

Last edited by Kulapops; 11-03-2008 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Adding a postscript
Old 11-04-2008, 12:00 AM   #24
deb003
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Re: All aboard ! The ship of doom, or the caravan of love?

I had prepared myself externally and then I was still felling scared, angry, resentful, hopeless, stressed, frustrated, dramatic, powerless so i realized that it's the inside job that will grant me peace of mind. Even in the vast of all these outside things going on, it's the way I look at it that makes the difference between being okay or loosing my sanity.
Thanks for the post.
deb003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:14 AM   #25
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb003 View Post
I had prepared myself externally and then I was still felling scared, angry, resentful, hopeless, stressed, frustrated, dramatic, powerless so i realized that it's the inside job that will grant me peace of mind. Even in the vast of all these outside things going on, it's the way I look at it that makes the difference between being okay or loosing my sanity.
Thanks for the post.
Thanks for that Deb, what a great comment. that really resonates with me... you know, I found exactly the same thing. I think that's what lead me to write this thread and to wonder what other people are experiencing. None of the info/research was benefitting me in any tangible way and I certainly didn't feel any better.

For everything I thought of 'preparing' for, I could think of something else that could go wrong or would still need preparing for. Then I though...'whoaah... wait a minute! It's in the process, not the result.' that's when I started to look more at the effect on me, rather than the scenarios themselves.