Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > United States > Hawaii

Notices

Old 09-30-2008, 08:07 AM   #1
SoldierOfTruth808
Avalon Senior Member

Default Spirit/Energy/Mana: Experiences and Stories

(This is a good place to reopen this topic... Ill repost the original thread to get the ball rolling in the right direction.)

Ok, this has always been fascinating to me. I believe in energy, I believe it is a real tangible force. Ive seen examples of it in my life and even the lives of others, its serious *****. From the smallest of occurances to the outstanding, energy plays a role in pretty much all. An example I always give is of my Ex girlfriend, and im sure alot of people can relate to this example. We had been together for 3 years, shared a bed, food, time, and even fluids. If I wanted her attention I never had to speak a word. I could look at her, and picture her eyes looking at me and she would turn and do just that. She could have been clear across the room, but to me because of all the time we had spent together we were now directly apart of the same energy. On the same note when we broke up there were times when I knew she was falling farther and farther away from me, I felt as though I could literally feel that bond of energy fading... its been almost a year and I dont feel that it has completely died even though we both have our own lives going on at this point. I would like to know if anyone else has any stories of energy/spirit/mana whatever you wanna call it that they could share... Im totally interested in hearing some good ones. Ill even share another story before I go to diversify this convo.

This is an example of mana. My best friend and I are from Kailua, we almost literally spent our childhood days on the Heiau near castle hospital. Lots of people are leary of Heiau because they know that spirits exsist near and on them... im sure you all have heard the stories. But of this Heiau, we have no fear, we almost feel apart of it. So one night as we do and have done for years, we go down to a really dark portion of the Heiau to spark something up if you know what I mean. We had made this trip a million times at night. We believe that for the most part the area has a lack of mana because of all the development and tourist traffic, but theres this one banyan tree thats over a rock formation that we know for sure is fully active. So we begin our trek down near this tree to the spot we go to smoke. The second we entered the shade of this tree (moonlight) the both of us, without verbal communication, stop dead in our tracks. I remember feeling alarmed, but since I try to trust my instincts now, I didnt turn and run in fear. We both looked at eachother and my best friend said to me "You feel like we should turn back?" and I just noded as we turned and headed back up the path. We talked about it and both felt like something was telling us it wasnt a good idea to go down there that night. As if we knew we werent alone at that moment. That was actually one of the biggest moments that I could tell myself that mana still thrives on our lands.

Anyway, post it up guys,
Ro

(Ramamalamalamalamalama you had a good response I encourage you to repost it)

Last edited by SoldierOfTruth808; 09-30-2008 at 08:12 AM.
SoldierOfTruth808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #2
ramallamamama
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Spirit/Energy/Mana: Experiences and Stories

SOT808, there is still another thread that was compiled and the mods grouped posts from different Hawaii related threads into one. Having our own sub forum is good. Yes, we are USA, definitely not the Mainland though.

peace/love

-repost-

Ah, Ulupo Heiau... Were Menehune ETs? I've often wondered? I have a story from that sacred spot, I'll save it for another day.

I learned to swim at Kailua YMCA in a Summer Fun program. I moved to Kaneohe in 1971 from the San Francisco Bay Area. I was an impudent little tow head, rejoining my Father's side of the family after my Mother's untimely passing on. My Mom's side of the family were all Hippies, Pop's career military.

It was difficult.

Fast forward to my first year of college at Windward Community College. I was majoring in liberal arts, table tennis and fine Hawaiian buds. Mostly the last two.

In those days, the Haiku stairs were way off-limits. The US Coast Guard was custodian of the property, they were still running their ULF Omega station. (Google that for a kick sometime...) So one day a couple friends and myself decided to cut classes and make the hike up to the top of the ridge.

For PA community members we are talking about the most breath taking place of natural beauty I have ever seen. Haiku Valley is a valley of 2K' sheer crenelated cliffs covered by dense foliage. The government decided to stretch aerial antenna across the valley, from ridge to ridge. I leave you to your Googling for the purpose. Today there is a effing freeway that runs through it's heart.

Back to my story... We loaded up our backpacks with beer and food and a bong and embarked on our journey. Here's where the journey got ugly.

Disrespecting the land, I thought it would be cool if I dislodged and tumbled some giant boulders into the forest below. We were noisy and probably left beer can empties along the way.

On the way down I almost fell to my death. It was a miracle that I didn't. I slipped in loose dirt and through some kind of super human effort managed to grab a railing at the last minute. I would have fallen hundreds of feet and crashed into treetops and rocks.

Thinking nothing of it all, I continued in my self absorbed existence.

I was riding my bicycle to school and around town. I almost got run over a few times, crashed when my brake failed and got very ill, all within a few days. I was filled with a sense of impending doom. I felt very uncomfortable when I was at the college campus, which is right at the base of Haiku Valley.

I mentioned this to a friend that was of Native Hawaiian descent. He was like,"Dude, you have to come talk to my Mom..." His Mother was Napua Stevens a very popular Hawaiian music entertainer in Waikiki in the 40s and 50s. She was quite old by then and was writing about Hawaiian cultural beliefs and history.

I told her that there might be a connection between my wonton destruction of pristine land and my spate of 'bad luck'. With love, she explained to me what I had done. She spoke of ****** off spirits and my need to make amends.

She told me to go to Sandy Beach and collect some salt from the tide pools, meditate on what I had done and come back the next day. I did and when I called on her the next day she had a tapa cloth bag filled with red kahili ti leaf stalks and an olena bulb. She explained the importance of each item. She instructed me to go back up to Haiku valley where I had tumbled the boulders plant the olena and ti, sprinkle the salt and pray for forgiveness to the spirits of the valley.

Filled with dread, I did these things. By the time I was finished my sense of impending doom was lifted. I had no more near death experiences in my daily life. I recovered from the sickness I was illness I was feeling.

Since then I have hiked often, all over Oahu. I feel love from the land, feel cradled in it's embrace even. I bring offerings. I'll bring fruit, papaya, mango, guava all collected by myself and leave them on little 'altars' I make.
I thank whatever forces are around me for providing me with such a beautiful place to be.

To this day I volunteer for beach clean up, stream clearing and trail maintenance opportunities. I am all about helping others and protecting the land. What else is there really?
ramallamamama is offline   Reply With Quote