Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:47 AM   #376
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Default Re: Love and beauty are pervading our world...

If I Had My Life To Live Over
By Erma Bombeck -- written after discovery of her terminal cancer

I would have talked less and listened more. I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained and the sofa faded.

I would have eaten the popcorn in the "GOOD" living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.

I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.

I would have sat on the lawn with my children and not worried about grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.

I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment realizing that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.

When my kids kissed me impetuously, would never have said, "Later, now go get washed up for dinner." There would have been more "I love you's" ... more "I'm sorry's" ... but mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute ... look at it and really see it ... live it .. and never give it back.

Love Always
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:59 PM   #377
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Guan Yin (Goddess of Mercy)- Guan Yin is said to have 33 different manifestations, capable of preventing 12 kinds of major misfortune, the suffering need only utter her name to be rescued. She is said to be merciful, indiscriminate of wealth, fame, status and intelligence. Legends recount that Guan Yin, originally called Miao Xian, was the third daughter of a king, and was born in a blaze of celestial light. Millions have consistently asked for Quan Yin's help in fertility issues, prosperity, health concerns and other life challenging situations. She is portrayed in a number of different ways in Statuary, sometimes seated on a lotus blossom, or a dragon, often holding a vase from which she is said to pour the serum of life. Her name is spelled many different ways, usually as an oriental female.

Love Always
mudra
Old 11-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #378
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

YouTube- Guanyin Thousand-hand Goddess of Mercy

Love Always
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 03-25-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:38 AM   #379
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you for reminding me of this. When my husband and I were going through a very punishing time I happened into a mariner's museum on the south side of Lake Huron, Canada. It impacted me greatly to see a painted wooden statue of this beautiful chinese lady and the plaque called her "The Chinese Goddess of Mercy". We did receive the mercy we did not deserve and we managed to turn our lives around.

I am reminded of her again to thank her and also to remind myself to extend mercy to those who ask for it.
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:27 AM   #380
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Thank you Gnosis .
Blessings come at the most unexpected times .
It seems that as we are heading down towards pain and darkness there is a point where our higher consciousness connects/reminds us of the Light.
When you met Kuan Lin your Heart was ready to receive her blissfull gift .

Love Always
mudra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
Thank you for reminding me of this. When my husband and I were going through a very punishing time I happened into a mariner's museum on the south side of Lake Huron, Canada. It impacted me greatly to see a painted wooden statue of this beautiful chinese lady and the plaque called her "The Chinese Goddess of Mercy". We did receive the mercy we did not deserve and we managed to turn our lives around.

I am reminded of her again to thank her and also to remind myself to extend mercy to those who ask for it.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #381
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

YouTube- Tribute to Wolves

Love Always
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 03-25-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:26 PM   #382
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Sedona Mystery Visitor

This digital photo was taken October 10, 2004 by Chuck Oldham of Gateway To Sedona. It is a "real" photo! The only edit to the photo is a boost in contrast...otherwise, it remains unretouched. This near-perfect, sketch-like image of a dove was found on the pane of our living room picture window. We speculated that a dove must have impacted the glass, but no injured bird was found anywhere nearby. What a detailed impression our mystery visitor left behind!

Love Always
mudra
Old 11-17-2009, 10:40 PM   #383
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Love Always
mudra
Old 11-18-2009, 04:58 PM   #384
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

The Awakening
-- By Sonny Carroll - waketolife.com

There comes a time in your life when you finally get it... When in the midst of all your fears and insanity you stop dead in your tracks and somewhere the voice inside your head cries out- ENOUGH! Enough fighting and crying or struggling to hold on. And, like a child quieting down after a blind tantrum, your sobs begin to subside, you shudder once or twice, you blink back your tears and through a mantle of wet lashes you begin to look at the world from a new perspective. This is your awakening.

You realize that it is time to stop hoping and waiting for something, or someone, to change or for happiness, safety and security to come galloping over the next horizon. You come to terms with the fact that there aren’t always fairytale endings (or beginnings for that matter) and that any guarantee of "happily ever after" must begin with you. Then a sense of serenity is born of acceptance.

So you begin making your way through the “reality of today” rather than holding out for the “promise of tomorrow.” You realize that much of who you are, and the way you navigate through life is, in great part, a result of all the social conditioning you’ve received over the course of a lifetime. And you begin to sift through all the nonsense you were taught about:

- how you should look and how much you should weigh
- what you should wear and where you should shop
- where you should live or what type of car your should drive
- who you should sleep with and how you should behave
- who you should marry and why you should stay
- the importance of having children or what you owe your family

Slowly you begin to open up to new worlds and different points of view. And you begin reassessing and redefining who you are and what you really believe in. And you begin to discard the doctrines you have outgrown, or should never have practiced to begin with.

You accept the fact that you are not perfect and that not everyone will love, appreciate or approve of who or what you are... and that’s OK... they are entitled to their own views and opinions. And, you come to terms with the fact that you will never be a size 5 or a “perfect 10” Or a perfect human being for that matter. So you stop trying to compete with the image inside your head or agonizing over how you compare. And you take a long look at yourself in the mirror and you make a promise to give yourself the same unconditional love and support you give so freely to others. Then a sense of confidence is born of self-approval.

And, you stop maneuvering through life merely as a “consumer” hungry for your next fix, a new dress, another pair of shoes or looks of approval and admiration from family, friends or even strangers who pass by. Then you discover that “it is truly in giving that we receive and that the joy and abundance you seek grows out of the giving. And you recognize the importance of “creating” & “contributing” rather than “obtaining” & “accumulating.”

And you give thanks for the simple things you’ve been blessed with; things that millions of people upon the face of the earth can only dream about a full refrigerator, clean running water, a soft warm bed and the freedom to pursue your own dreams.

And then you begin to love and to care for yourself. You stop engaging in self-destructive behaviors including participating in dysfunctional relationships. You begin eating a balanced diet, drinking more water and exercising. And because you’ve learned that fatigue drains the spirit and creates doubt and fear, you give yourself permission to rest. And just as food is fuel for the body, laughter is fuel for the spirit and so you make it a point to create time for play.

Then you learn about love and relationships, how to love, how much to give in love, when to stop giving and when to walk away. And you allow only the hands of a lover who truly loves and respects you to glorify you with his touch. You learn that people don’t always say what they mean or mean what they say, intentionally or unintentionally and that not everyone will always come through and interestingly enough, it’s not always about you. So, you stop lashing out and pointing fingers or looking to place blame for the things that were done to you or weren’t done for you. And you learn to keep your Ego in check and to acknowledge and redirect the destructive emotions it spawns; anger, jealousy and resentment.

to be continued here:
http://www.inspire21.com/site/stories/awakening.html

Love Always
mudra
Old 11-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #385
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

The Forever Grandmother

http://projectavalon.net/forum/pictu...pictureid=7943
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #386
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

The Forever Grandmother

http://projectavalon.net/forum/album...pictureid=7941
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:02 PM   #387
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Very beautifull eXchanger ...amazing grace in these crystals
Thank you

Love from me

mudra

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger View Post
Old 11-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #388
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Blessings
lightbeing
lightbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:04 PM   #389
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

In echo to your last post dear Lightbeing ..

YouTube- Spiritual Flute: The Beauty of Nature

Love Always
mudra

Old 11-21-2009, 09:43 PM   #390
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

YouTube- " Wonderful World "

Love Always
mudra

Old 11-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #391
Oliver
Avalon Senior Member

Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:24 PM   #392
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

because it looks so peaceful....
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:27 AM   #393
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Check out these funky fish

Last edited by 14 Chakras; 11-23-2009 at 07:30 AM.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #394
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

Pretty amazing creatures, 14Chakras, making their own light down there.

Thanks for great video.

Aloha,BC
bushycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:16 PM   #395
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Amazing 14Chakras ...There really are not dark spots in the universe.
Light and life seem present everywhere .
That's really the beauty of creation .

Love Always
mudra
Old 11-24-2009, 01:22 AM   #396
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Piano Lessons
-- By Mildred Hondorf

I am a former elementary school music teacher from DeMoines, Iowa. I've always supplemented my income by teaching piano lessons - something I've done for over 30 years. Over the years I found that children have many levels of musical ability.

I've never had the pleasure of having a protege, though I have taught some talented students. However, I've also had my share of what I call "musically challenged" pupils. One such student was Robby. Robby was 11 years old when his mother (a single mom) dropped him off for his first piano lesson.

I prefer that students (especially boys) begin at an earlier age, which I explained to Robby. But, Robby said that it had always been his mother's dream to hear him play the piano. So I took him as a student. Well, Robby began with his piano lessons and, from the beginning, I thought it was a hopeless endeavor.

As much as Robby tried, he lacked the sense of tone and basic rhythm needed to excel. But, he dutifully reviewed his scales and some elementary pieces that I require all my students to learn. Over the months he tried and tried while I listened and cringed and tried to encourage him. At the end of each weekly lesson he'd always say, "My mom's going to hear me play someday." But, it seemed hopeless. He just did not have any inborn ability.

I only knew his mother from a distance as she dropped Robby off or waited in her aged car to pick him up. She always waved and smiled but never stopped in. Then one day Robby stopped coming to our lessons. I thought about calling him, but assumed, because of his lack of ability, that he had decided to pursue something else. I also was glad that he stopped coming. He was a bad advertisement for my teaching!

Several weeks later I mailed to the student's homes a flyer on the upcoming recital. To my surprise Robby (who received a flyer) asked me if he could be in the recital. I told him that the recital was for current pupils and because he had dropped out he really did not qualify. He said that his mom had been sick and unable to take him to piano lessons, but he was still practicing.

"Miss Hondorf...I've just got to play!" he insisted. I don't know what led me to allow him to play in the recital. Maybe it was his persistence or maybe it was something inside of me saying that it would be all right.

The night for the recital came. The high school gymnasium was packed with parents, friends and relatives. I put Robby up last in the program before I was to come up and thank all the students and play a finishing piece. I thought that any damage he would do would come at the end of the program and I could always salvage his poor performance through my "curtain closer."

Well, the recital went off without a hitch. The students had been practicing and it showed. Then Robby came up on stage. His clothes were wrinkled and his hair looked like he had run an eggbeater through it. "Why didn't he dress up like the other students?" I thought. "Why didn't his mother at least make him comb his hair for this special night?"

Robby pulled out the piano bench and he began. I was surprised when he announced that he had chosen Mozart's Concerto #21 in C Major. I was not prepared for what I heard next. His fingers were light on the keys, they even danced nimbly on the ivories. He went from pianissimo to fortissimo... from allegro to virtuoso. His suspended chords that Mozart demands were magnificent! Never had I heard Mozart played so well by people his age.

After six and a half minutes he ended in a grand crescendo and everyone was on their feet in wild applause. Overcome and in tears I ran up on stage and put my arms around Robby in joy. "I've never heard you play like that Robby! How'd you do it?"

Through the microphone Robby explained: "Well Miss Hondorf... remember I told you my mom was sick? Well, actually she had cancer and passed away this morning. And well... she was born deaf, so tonight was the first time she ever heard me play. I wanted to make it special."

There wasn't a dry eye in the house that evening. As the people from Social Services led Robby from the stage to be placed into foster care, I noticed that even their eyes were red and puffy and I thought to myself how much richer my life had been for taking Robby as my pupil. No, I've never had a prodigy, but that night I became a protege... of Robby's. He was the teacher and I was the pupil. For it is he that taught me the meaning of perseverance and love and believing in yourself and maybe even taking a chance in someone and you don't know why.

This is especially meaningful to me since, after serving in Desert Storm, Robby was killed in the senseless bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City in April of 1995, where he was reportedly... playing the piano.

Love Always
mudra
Old 11-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #397
Oliver
Avalon Senior Member

The legendary favorite singer of the old style Balkan`s bohemians.
Zvonko Bogdan, Vojvodina, Serbia.
Mmmmm...were is the red wine?

Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:03 AM   #398
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

Bowing in Love

Grace
Took my hand
To a land
Never seen before.
But wait,
Remembering
In now,
Eternity is seeing
The ray of cosmic Being.
Thrilled,
In tears
I bow
Prostrate to this power.

Love Always,
Bushycat
bushycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:44 AM   #399
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Bushy ...you are a true He-artist.
I love your He-art be it your paintings and now your poetry .
Thank you dear for being so much Light.

Love from me
mudra

Old 11-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #400
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

YouTube- ENYA - Paint the sky with stars

Love Always
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 03-25-2010 at 11:28 AM.