Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:22 AM   #1
PilotSimone
Avalon Senior Member

Default Seeking advice - confronting fears

Since I can remember (age 4-5) I have been afraid. Of what, I’m not entirely sure. Darkness and or isolation triggering fears I can only describe as an expectation that I’m going to be severely traumatized and/or eventually killed. No memories of anything that may have caused it. Nothing.

Throughout grade school the fear was lessened by sleeping with all of my bedroom lights on. At age 11, however, all hell broke loose for me mentally.

I can pinpoint the night it happened because I remember listening to the “Top 9 at 9” on our local radio station. "Thriller" hit #1 and my emotional life fell apart. What followed was an insane case of insomnia and emotionally-induced hives. I lived on 2-3 hours of sleep a night for more than a year.

The insomnia came from this awful feeling I’ve never been able to describe. Still after 37 years I find it hard to verbalize. Knowing I was the only person awake in our house each night would throw me into a tailspin. I would cry and beg my parents not to go to bed. Not to leave me alone and awake. In addition, every single emotion which progressed above or below neutral (ie. excitement or anxiety) brought hives that would cover me from head to toe.

Family and individual counseling gave me no relief. Despite sitting through several sessions, I never spoke. I already knew he couldn’t help me. To get through the school day, I was popping anti-anxiety pills between most classes. This would help keep the hives at bay.

Eventually the insomnia and hives left me and I’ve never looked back…until now.

To this point I have kept myself away from the triggers…dark places and isolation. The cause of my fear is still unknown.
I am seeking advice on how to progress from here. Not only for myself, but for my youngest son who has been following this same path for almost 2 years now. Since age 5 he has expressed to me this terror that he feels at night, but doesn’t know why it’s there. He feels a threat to his life each and every night. It breaks my heart into a thousand pieces that I can’t protect him from this.

Any insight or guidance offered is so appreciated.

Last edited by PilotSimone; 10-11-2009 at 12:26 AM.
PilotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:31 AM   #2
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Seeking advice - confronting fears

There is a technique called recapitulation. Please read DonMiguel Ruiz to see if it will lead you to a facilitator. There must be a very strong answer to a very strong fear. You can get to the bottom of it, I am sure.
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:47 AM   #3
Bobbie
Avalon Senior Member

Have you looked into a hereditary chemical imbalance or allergy. Allergy doesn't always mean hives, it can manifest in any variety of symptoms, including anxiety. I am not a doctor and I don't even play one on TV but it seems like it almost has to be biological since it is happening to your son as well.
Bobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:16 AM   #4
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotSimone View Post
Since I can remember (age 4-5) I have been afraid. Of what, I’m not entirely sure. Darkness and or isolation triggering fears I can only describe as an expectation that I’m going to be severely traumatized and/or eventually killed. No memories of anything that may have caused it. Nothing.

Throughout grade school the fear was lessened by sleeping with all of my bedroom lights on. At age 11, however, all hell broke loose for me mentally.

I can pinpoint the night it happened because I remember listening to the “Top 9 at 9” on our local radio station. "Thriller" hit #1 and my emotional life fell apart. What followed was an insane case of insomnia and emotionally-induced hives. I lived on 2-3 hours of sleep a night for more than a year.

The insomnia came from this awful feeling I’ve never been able to describe. Still after 37 years I find it hard to verbalize. Knowing I was the only person awake in our house each night would throw me into a tailspin. I would cry and beg my parents not to go to bed. Not to leave me alone and awake. In addition, every single emotion which progressed above or below neutral (ie. excitement or anxiety) brought hives that would cover me from head to toe.

Family and individual counseling gave me no relief. Despite sitting through several sessions, I never spoke. I already knew he couldn’t help me. To get through the school day, I was popping anti-anxiety pills between most classes. This would help keep the hives at bay.

Eventually the insomnia and hives left me and I’ve never looked back…until now.

To this point I have kept myself away from the triggers…dark places and isolation. The cause of my fear is still unknown.
I am seeking advice on how to progress from here. Not only for myself, but for my youngest son who has been following this same path for almost 2 years now. Since age 5 he has expressed to me this terror that he feels at night, but doesn’t know why it’s there. He feels a threat to his life each and every night. It breaks my heart into a thousand pieces that I can’t protect him from this.

Any insight or guidance offered is so appreciated.
Can I ask a few questions:

Is there a target for your fear??...Something under the bed....the darkness??
Sense of alone??

How is your diet??....Enough vitamin D...particular D3

Do you "wind" down before bedtime?...Meditate....find a quiet place in your mind??
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:25 AM   #5
Bobbie
Avalon Senior Member

Stargazer1965 has a very valid point. I noticed that one of your episodes was triggered by watching a "thriller" program on TV. There have been studies done and they have discovered that what you do for the 2-4 hours before you go to sleep can seriously affect your sleeping and dreams. If you watch thrillers, then, it stands to reason, given your problem, that you would be traumatized by it.

I'm with Stargazer, some nice quiet time with a glass of warm milk (calcium is a must to calm the body and mind) might help. Then there is always valerian. It's an herb that is extremely pungent, in fact, if you have a cat they might try to cover it up, but it's very effective in calming you before sleep. It's available in any Wholefoods or healthfood store. I'm sure there are also homeopathic remedies that will calm your mind and induce sleep.
Bobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:37 AM   #6
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Have you ever had any shamanic healers check you out?
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:48 AM   #7
cloud9
Avalon Senior Member

I would suggest to try hypnosis or past life therapy as Mrs. Dolores Cannon practices, also I'd suggest reading Conversations with God.
cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:52 AM   #8
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

There has to be a non-traditional mental health professional who can help here. The following is just an uneducated thought:

If we get recycled...and live life after life...then there is probably some unfinished business which carries over from one life to the next. I don't do regression hypnosis. I consider all of the supernatural and psychic delving to be playing with fire...and that we are living in a haunted solar system. Demonic harassment of some variety is always a possibility. But I still wonder if there are previous-life issues at work here. Try deep-thought in the name of Jesus and with the power of the Holy Spirit. This is my alternative to traditional prayer. I don't grovel before God, imaginary or real. However...there really is power in the name of Jesus...and the Divinity Within Humanity is quite powerful. It couldn't hurt to try this.

But again...the right non-traditional mental health professional might be the best approach. But finding such a person might be very difficult.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:02 AM   #9
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

All of us have some dwellers, dark forces that feed on us for energy. Whatever our weakness, there is something there, some energy that wants us to continue doing whatever it is we are doing that feeds them energy.

Now I hope that doesn't sound to scary! Hmmm..

Well, it's no different than the fact that we have tiny little organisms that live all over our bodies at the microscopic level. Germs also exist, and when we don't wash our hands, the germs continue to thrive and exist. They can make us sick.

Germs make us sick physically, entities and dwellers make us sick spiritually and mentally (and physically to be honest).

What humanity will soon learn is that it is imperative to use spiritual protection. This is the one thing that will actually protect our planet from the dark forces that are here behind the scenes, including fear entities, energies and dwellers.

I highly recommend working with Archangel Michael to help you overcome your fears. Ask him to cut you free and show you the way.

If you're unsure about Archangel Michael, just give him a try and see what happens.

Here's a page I put together about how to connect with him:

www.squidoo.com/archangel-michael

The ultimate law is free will. So although Archangel Michael can easily clean up planet earth right this instant of all the dark forces that are feeding on humanity behind the scenes, he will not do so unless we ask him to. The same goes for you and your family. His protection is available to you, but you need to invite him to be a part of your life to make that happen.

The spoken word is the most powerful way to do that.

You can and should always say "Within God's Will" whenever you call to him. That way, you can be sure it is always for your highest benefit.

With Archangel Michael you can overcome all of your fears and realize you are More than all of the baddies put together. You are a Son or Daughter of God and it's God's will that you are fully protected at all times. Truly know this, and you are protected and will have no fear.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:45 AM   #10
PilotSimone
Avalon Senior Member

I should clarify that I am not currently having these symptoms (it's a rarity for me to be alone at night). However, it does still exist. I had to travel for a job back in the 90s and most nights I only slept a few hours. I’d lie down on my back and eventually drift off from simple exhaustion.

My reason for addressing it now is to help my son and to rid myself of the “mother of all fears” I’ve held for so long. It keeps popping into my head that I need to work through this now...

Quote:
Can I ask a few questions:

Is there a target for your fear??...Something under the bed....the darkness??
Sense of alone??

How is your diet??....Enough vitamin D...particular D3

Do you "wind" down before bedtime?...Meditate....find a quiet place in your mind??
Darkness is the bigger fear. When it’s too dark I just feel things around me. I’m not comfortable with this feeling. I want nothing to do with it. I feel 5-years old again.

For those asking about allergies, I don’t appear to have any. I had the 50+ common allergens skin ***** test on my back…nada. A hereditary chemical imbalance, I’m not sure. It’s possible. I have suffered from depression at various times in my life.

I do meditate before bed and other times throughout the day.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I have many to consider, so I feel hopeful I'm going to find my answer.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:51 AM   #11
PilotSimone
Avalon Senior Member

14 Chakras -

I must have been posting when you were.

Something in your message really resonated with me. Thank you for the suggestion. I am going to try this approach first and see how it goes.

I also wanted to add something that happened to me recently in a dream... Pinhead from Hellraisers was approaching me quickly. Rather than closing my eyes and breathing (which I normally do) to make these things disappear, I kept my eyes open. I concentrated on sending him love from my heart and I stood still. He got right up in my face and then disappeared. It was one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life. I don't know what it means, but it was very empowering.

Last edited by PilotSimone; 10-11-2009 at 05:16 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:33 AM   #12
FIIISH
Avalon Senior Member

PilotSimone,

Welcome to Avalon!

I have suffered from anxiety and insomnia most of my adult life. In times
of extraordinary stress, I would experience sleep paralysis and night terrors
to boot. As my mother, maternal grandmother and uncle all have suffered
from similar symptoms their whole lives, I suspect there is a genetic flaw at work that causes a chemical imbalance.

I suggest looking into the Ultramind Solution by Dr Mark Hyman.
It has helped me a great deal. I am still experiencing symptoms,
but they are under control and I expect them to continue to abate
as my body adjusts to some recent significant changes I have made to diet and medication.

Some of the others here have already made some good suggestions regarding other angles that may be helpful to you. I do think that I have been targeted by the dark forces at times, and the angels are the only reason I am still here. I practically have a direct line to Archangel Michael!
Ask them for help as often as you feel the need.

My heart goes out to you and your son.

Sincerely,

FIIISH

Last edited by FIIISH; 10-11-2009 at 05:39 AM.
FIIISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #13
khristmaskathy
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Seeking advice - confronting fears

Someone I know has gone through EMDR therapy and it helped her so much! You can google it and find an EMDR therapist close to you. She had some severe anxiety issues and highly recommended this to me when we had our tragedy in April. I have not done it yet, but am looking to do so sometime this fall. I wish you the best of luck and am really sorry you are going through this. You're in my thoughts and I hope you can get some relief and have peace and joy!

Blessings,

Kathy
khristmaskathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:36 PM   #14
chelmostef
Avalon Senior Member

Hi there Pilot Simone,

I wondered if you have any pets specifically cats.
I could be way way of here. My parents had pet cats when were children and they are great companions, they where allowed to sleep on our beds, it was very comforting to know there is somthing with you at night so your not on your own and a cat can be this comfort, you can share things with them you can share with know one else. My cat helped my though some very hard times in my life, growing up I devolpoed a very special bond with him.. I still miss him to this day... I did notice you said you had allergies, so cats could be a problem.. I would allso say that I had asthma and I was alleric to one cat and not the other..

Like I say I could be way of, but I thought I would suggest it... Hope you can get to the bottom of it..

Stef
chelmostef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:46 PM   #15
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotSimone View Post

Something in your message really resonated with me.
14Chakras! Nice!

Boost your vibrations and fear cannot stick. There is no thing for it to hold on to Have a great day!

Last edited by JesterTerrestrial; 10-11-2009 at 01:48 PM.
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #16
Jonathon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
I would suggest to try hypnosis or past life therapy as Mrs. Dolores Cannon practices, also I'd suggest reading Conversations with God.
I absolutely second this statement. It is probable that you have trauma buried in the subconscious. The only way I have ever seen this effectively dealt with is through 1) past life regression and 2) realization of God Consciousness through meditation (which is what worked for me). Inherently all fears are rooted in separation consciousness - that being separation from the source once you incarnate into the physical. However, there can be any number of past experiences layered over from current or previous lives. For example, there are documented cases in PLR (past life regression) where unexplained, completely unnatural fear reactions and phobias were tied back to previous experiences - such as fear of water/drowning being tied back to a previous life experience of having been drowned. Once these events are brought back into the conscious mind, they can be dealt with.

As for myself, I have not tried PLR as of yet, although I plan to very soon. I have also been dealing with strange fear reactions since I can remember. Mine deal mostly with social anxiety and disharmony. I really feel like I can from somewhere much more loving and balanced than here because being on earth at this time (from birth to present) has been difficult. It's so disharmonious!! I'm not certain where this comes from as I have been unable to pin it down to this lifetime.

On the whole I have been able to deal with it myself through spiritual awakening and realization of who I really am. The father and I are one and there is no death - separation is merely an illusion. There is nothing to fear! This is a practice of course. Like they say about enlightenment... it's not a place you arrive, it's a path you walk.
Jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fear