Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:34 AM   #1
Gaia
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs down make friends with your local police...

If you have the means it is necessary to make friends with your local enforcement society. I am able to talk to our patients and my son will talk to his customers at his restaraunt. PLEASE listen to this. They are people too and they will listen to you... Money is not everything to most people these days. TRY!!!!

LOVE LOVE
Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:00 AM   #2
kauhane
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: make friends with your local police...

I agree gaia I've been doing some drywall work at a policemen's home
developed a rapport with him talking about stuff he runs into on a daily basis
at work he suddenly shifted the conversation to gangsters who run our society it was awesome i didn't have to say a thing.. i realized that he had 20 yrs on the force and could smell the ******** too.. people lie to him all the time at his job so it seems almost natural that seasoned cops arent so gung ho as the guys straight out of the academy
kauhane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:07 AM   #3
historycircus

While the advice is admirable, the reality is this: the type of person who is drawn to modern law enforcement, goes through the conditioning, and becomes a law enforcement official, is not the type of individual to have around.

They are the type who like to brag about how brave cops are, but are personal cowards. They like to bully and intimidate, not protect. There are good cops out there, just not many. Mark my words, when the system turns to ****, most cops will be the very people everyone else has to worry about in terms of personal safety.

Last edited by Argante; 09-28-2008 at 08:46 PM. Reason: vulgarity
Old 09-28-2008, 03:15 AM   #4
Banned

I completely agree.

Power corrupts, and police have power. That being said, they're people just like you and me and (at least in my experience) most of them aren't the complete douchebags they are stereotyped as. Most of them are just ****** off and jaded from seeing the dark side of humanity day in and day out.

In my experiences with police, every time (with the exception of one occasion and that time you could say he had me "red handed") I dealt with them they were cool when they could've made life VERY difficult. Don't lie to them (unless they can prove it), don't treat them like idiots or be a know-it-all and they'll probably return the favor.

I've found that mutual respect can be achieved if they know what you're about... but there are always jerks with guns out there, luckily they seem to be the minority in my case.

Just watch out for the hopelessly crooked/close-minded ones; as a police friend one said to me (I paraphrase): "Some guys you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week, which was the way wants it, well- he'll get it when the time comes, not from me- but it all comes around sometime or another, badge or not!" I think he was partially quoting a Guns n Roses song, but his point is valid.
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:45 AM   #5
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by historycircus View Post
While the advice is admirable, the reality is this: the type of person who is drawn to modern law enforcement, goes through the conditioning, and becomes a law enforcement official, is not the type of individual to have around.

They are the type who like to brag about how brave cops are, but are personal cowards. They like to bully and intimidate, not protect. There are good cops out there, just not many. Mark my words, when the system turns to ****, most cops will be the very people everyone else has to worry about in terms of personal safety.

I second this!! Logic tells me there must be cops who are decent human beings. But the vast majority are simple thugs.

Last edited by Argante; 09-28-2008 at 08:48 PM. Reason: vulgarity
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:09 AM   #6
mwood82
Avalon Senior Member

**** the PO-lice!!!

Last edited by Argante; 09-28-2008 at 08:48 PM. Reason: vulgarity
mwood82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:16 AM   #7
LOST IN SOUL
Avalon Senior Member

I agree with Whitecrow. I wish i was wrong, but i will not trust them as a group !! Full Stop.

Just as the rest of this forum knows... even though we have doubts.. we should still just love them from a distance and stay focused on staying positive.

Cheers.
LOST IN SOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:23 AM   #8
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwood82 View Post
**** the PO-lice!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiX7GTelTPM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87hll...eature=related - remix live

Last edited by Argante; 09-28-2008 at 08:49 PM. Reason: valgarity
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:55 AM   #9
MMe M
Avalon Senior Member

Its kind of frightening lately. Are they being trained as of late that everyone is an extreme danger?

It just seems that excessive force is being used more in the last six months than any time I can remember previously. We have observed way more people pulled over and the police searching cars. We have also noticed some deep undercover police in our own area. We are rural, incredibly so, and I cant imagine there being a big reason for this much police protection. The most that ever happens out here is the kids squeal their tires on Friday and Saturday nights. Maybe even drag race, thats what it sounds like but nothing more than that. Its really pretty tame out here in the sticks.

I knew some police officers, I went to school with them but havent seen them recently.
MMe M is offline   Reply With Quote