Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:40 AM   #1
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

Default ALERT - Announcement for Pandemic Likely

There has been a struggle to contain what is now called Novel H1N1 (swine flu).

Having recently signed up with Flutracker, I have witnessed an incredible amount of preparation beyond normal for tracking the flu (I have already reported this on my blog).

The reporting process that was in place was quite successful at tracking the annual seasonal influenza in the states. There would be no need to "supercharge" the ability to do this except for;

1) An expectation that the number of infections would increase beyond the current systems ability to "timely" track it.

2) That the mortality rate (death rate) would increase, or both.

Barring any discussion of how it was started, there is a very, very, high likelihood that WHO will announce a Novel H1N1 pandemic sometime Thursday, June 11, 2009.

So, what will happen?

This will no doubt stir discussion of mandatory flu vaccines. And as I already mentioned last week I was eye to eye with a Senator in my state and asked him if there is going to be a mandated vaccination ordered. The answer was politically skirted by not answering my question on mandating. You can also get that story here in the forum or on my blog.

Nevertheless, I told the senator that should a mandate occur that there could likely be a revolt among some of the allopathic healing profession. Of course that won't be many, but some will refuse to give the shot.

The good news is, this does not necessarily mean the CDC will make the same announcement. However, with changes in defining a pandemic at WHO and the CDC, I'm not qualified to advise whether marital law can be invoked or if vaccines will be mandated without the CDC declaring a pandemic. In my opinion, the empire will do its pleasure regardless.

I recommend you act accordingly.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Last edited by Waterman; 06-11-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:13 AM   #2
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: ALERT - Announcement for Pandemic Likely

Thank you waterman for keeping us informed on this subject
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:29 AM   #3
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I don't want to hurt anyone but if anyone, and I mean ANYONE tries to jab a vaccine into my skin, I will personally put them down.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:16 AM   #4
McMaster
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I don't want to hurt anyone but if anyone, and I mean ANYONE tries to jab a vaccine into my skin, I will personally put them down.
Double that...
McMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:23 AM   #5
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post

hahahahahahahahahah im with you on this one Humble

.................plezze people

i Realy believe this is just a flew virus like eny other . more scare mongering .

i have no wish to change eny ones believe tho ....
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #6
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

WHO gets ready declare a swine flu pandemic
By MARIA CHENG AND FRANK JORDANS – 13 hours ago

GENEVA (AP) — The World Health Organization is gearing up to declare a swine flu pandemic, a move that could trigger both the large-scale production of vaccines and questions about why the step was delayed for weeks as the virus continued to spread.

On Wednesday, WHO chief Dr. Margaret Chan quizzed eight countries with large swine flu outbreaks to see if a pandemic, or global epidemic, should be declared. After Chan's teleconference, the agency announced that an emergency meeting with its flu experts would be held Thursday.

Since swine flu first emerged in Mexico and the United States in April, it has spread to 74 countries around the globe. On Wednesday, WHO reported 27,737 cases including 141 deaths. Most cases are mild and require no treatment.

The world is in phase 5 of WHO's pandemic alert scale, meaning a global outbreak is imminent. Moving to phase 6, the highest level, means a pandemic has begun. If that declaration is made, it will push drugmakers to fast-track production of a swine flu vaccine.

Chan says she personally believes that a pandemic is under way, but was seeking clear proof that swine flu is spreading rapidly from person to person outside the Americas before declaring a global epidemic.

"Once I get indisputable evidence I will make the announcement," she told reporters Tuesday.

It would be the first flu pandemic in 41 years, since the Hong Kong flu of 1968.
At GlaxoSmithKline PLC, spokesman Stephen Rea said the company was already working with a key ingredient of the swine flu vaccine to see how quickly doses could be produced. Other major pharmaceuticals like Sanofi Pasteur have also been working on a swine flu vaccine since WHO gave them a "seed stock" of the virus last month created by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Rea said it could take up to six months before large amounts of a swine flu vaccine are available. At the moment, GlaxoSmithKline is still making regular flu vaccine, which it expects to be completed by July.

After that, Rea said GlaxoSMithKline could speed up its swine flu vaccine production if a pandemic is declared. Once that announcement is made, the company would be obliged to fulfill contracts it signed with countries including Britain, Belgium and France, promising to provide a pandemic vaccine as soon as possible.

If a global outbreak is announced, countries would likely activate their own pandemic preparedness plans if they haven't already. That could mean devoting more money to health services or imposing measures like quarantines, school closures, travel bans and trade restrictions — some of which WHO opposes.

According to WHO's own pandemic criteria, a global outbreak means a new flu virus is spreading in at least two world regions.

With thousands of cases in North America and hundreds in Japan, Australia and Europe, many experts say that threshold has already been reached, but the U.N. agency has held off on making the pandemic call for political reasons.

"If you look at the science, we were at phase 6 weeks ago," said Michael Osterholm, a flu expert at the University of Minnesota who has advised the U.S. government on pandemic preparations.

"What's happening right now is not about public health surveillance and science," he told The Associated Press in an interview Wednesday. "It's about politics and risk communication."

Osterholm said WHO's delayed decision has cost the agency credibility.
"As soon as you try to incorporate risk messaging into science, you are on a slippery slope," he said. "WHO has exacerbated the issue by dancing around it."

In May, several countries urged WHO not to declare a pandemic, fearing it would spark mass panic. The agency appeared to cave into the requests, saying it would rewrite its definition of a global outbreak so that it wouldn't have to declare one right away for swine flu.

But WHO officials have been concerned in recent days after seeing media reports and health experts discussing more swine flu cases than were being reported by the countries themselves.

In one of the most glaring examples, Britain rushed to report another 75 infections Wednesday, for a total of 750 cases, after some outside health officials said the country was not looking very hard for swine flu.

Britain's Health Protection Agency insists the virus is not spreading in communities. But three Greek students recently returned home after catching swine flu in the U.K., proof the virus is spreading more widely than British authorities admit. Two of the cases were documented in the journal of the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.

WHO said announcing a pandemic would not mean the situation was worsening, since no mutations have been detected in the virus to show it is getting more deadly.
One flu expert said WHO's pandemic declaration would mean little in terms of how countries are responding to the outbreak.

"The writing has been on the wall for weeks," said Chris Smith, a flu virologist at Cambridge University, adding he didn't know why WHO had waited so long to declare a pandemic. "WHO probably doesn't want people to panic, but the virus is now unstoppable."

AP Medical Writer Maria Cheng reported from London, Frank Jordans reported from Geneva.
Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Source:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jTkkEKE5LtPih_5Jcc-3MpD0gOYQD98O1NF80
Old 06-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #7
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterman View Post
...could likely be a revolt among some of the allopathic healing profession. Of course that won't be many, but some will refuse to give the shot...
Anyone have any ideas of how we can promote this?
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #8
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

More people get the regular flu than this every year . More deaths have also occurred last year by the regular flu than what has been killed by the swine flu . Its another control mechanism And I`ll not fall for it .
CDC = Center for Defense Contracting

Last edited by Northern Boy; 06-11-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #9
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

We can start by remembering that Freedom is not free.

Last edited by Waterman; 06-11-2009 at 12:01 PM.

Tags
cdc, martial law, pandemic, vaccines, world health organization