Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 03-23-2010, 04:05 AM   #1
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

Default Scientists Confirm Unexpected Gulf Stream Slowing

Hello All,

I found and posted this 2005 article on the Earth Changes-2010 thread, but felt it significant enough to post separately.
What stood out for me which further prompted this posting was the following statements from the article; "The weakening of the Gulf Stream is destabilizing currents worldwide, and will lead to radical climate changes in other areas. The nature of these changes is not known, and the current US administration has blocked US environmental agencies from studying the phenomenon, so the severity of its effect in this country is not under study".

The other part of interest was this; "So far, the only other media outlet that has picked up this story is the Sunday Times of Great Britain, and they have not provided the true perspective, or discussed the scale of the changes that are on their way. For the Times story, click here"

http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/?id=4595
May 2005

Best Regards,
gscraig
gscraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:02 AM   #2
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Scientists Confirm Unexpected Gulf Stream Slowing

so 5 years since this was published, do you think the changes we are having are caused partially by the gulf stream slowdown back in 2005?

Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 03-23-2010 at 05:24 AM.
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:37 AM   #3
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

December 2009...

Quote:
The unprecedented atmospheric circulation pattern brought exceptionally warm air to Greenland and the Arctic ocean while dumping cold Arctic air into the United States, Europe and central Siberia.

Is the Ice Age coming?
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:41 AM   #4
Boober
Avalon Senior Member

is this still on
Boober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
feardia
Avalon Senior Member

Scientists are always presenting us with poison memes in order for us to worry enough about them that they come to pass.

They used to tell us that the Gulf stream was caused by the action of the sun on the gulf of mexico heating the water, it turns out that it is caused by underwater volcanoes along the mid-atlantic ridge, and that isn't showing any sign of stopping.

I have stopped listening to scientists, especially when their dire predictions are used as part of the msm programming of the population.
feardia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

Feardia wrote:
Quote:
Scientists are always presenting us with poison memes in order for us to worry enough about them that they come to pass.

They used to tell us that the Gulf stream was caused by the action of the sun on the gulf of mexico heating the water, it turns out that it is caused by underwater volcanoes along the mid-atlantic ridge, and that isn't showing any sign of stopping.

I have stopped listening to scientists, especially when their dire predictions are used as part of the msm programming of the population.
Hello Feardi,
I'm usually in agreement with your thoughts here, but for me all bets are off until the sun is no longer displaying unprecedented behavior.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #7
feardia
Avalon Senior Member

@gs,
It only looks unprecedented from our viewpoint, it is probably perfectly normal behaviour, and there is very little we can do about it anyway, so relax and enjoy, its just a ride,
one love, people get ready...
Old 03-23-2010, 12:20 PM   #8
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

Hey rocky and feardia, whatcha think about the volcano in iceland , possible 2cd one to blow and there is another eruption happening I believe near australia 4000 below the oceans level. I know this has to have an effect on the current as well. ??

And the U.S. has blocked the study, this smells bad!
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:50 PM   #9
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

The government has already done the study and knows that the Gulf Stream will stop according to John Moore. They just don't want the public to know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygimp...layer_embedded
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #10
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, John Moore's video came to mind for me too NS. Including his description of how the weather patterns would become odd initially, and people would notice, but think little of it at first.

feardia wrote:
Quote:
It only looks unprecedented from our viewpoint, it is probably perfectly normal behaviour, and there is very little we can do about it anyway, so relax and enjoy, its just a ride,
LOL...I think you mistakenly just tried a Jedi mind trick on me
I usually agree with your scientist presenting poison perspective, except that the sun's behavior changes the game for me and this approach. Based on your post above, I gather you feel the same now?? As far as what we can do about the sun and suggesting I or we relax, is a misnomer.

This thread is simply found information being shared.

Best Regards
Old 03-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #11
Donald
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gscraig View Post
Hello All,

I found and posted this 2005 article on the Earth Changes-2010 thread, but felt it significant enough to post separately.
What stood out for me which further prompted this posting was the following statements from the article; [I]"The weakening of the Gulf Stream is destabilizing currents worldwide, and will lead to radical climate changes in other areas.
I read this today on a news website here in Quebec (Canada) :

"L'océanographe Peter Galbraith, de l'Institut Maurice-Lamontagne, effectue des relevés depuis 15 ans dans ce secteur. Il qualifie de «très exceptionnelle» cette situation.

Le 13 mars dernier, il a enregistré une température de moins 0,5 degré Celcius. Ce relevé hivernal a été mesuré jusqu'à 75 mètres de profondeur, du jamais vu, selon lui."

Translation :

"Institut Maurice-Lamontagne's Oceanographer Peter Galbrait has been studying this sector for the last 15 years. He says this situation is very exxceptionnal. On march 13th, he recorded a temperature of minus 0,5 celsius. This winter reading has been taken at a 75 meters depth. He's never seen something like that".

The temperature of the sea water is rising. The sector he's talking about is "Îles-de-la-Madeleine" (Quebec, Canada). Just by the Gulf Stream !

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/environnem...3_accueil_POS1

Donald

And then, just before he died, he looked at the sky one last time and he said: "There's only one of us here".
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #12
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
the nature of these changes is not known, and the current US administration has blocked US environmental agencies from studying the phenomenon, so the severity of its effect in this country is not under study".

this study was done 40 yrs ago and Discovery magazine and the TV show did a story about this very thing the warming of the polar caps and subsequent melting of them will cause an influx of cool fresh water to enter the gulf stream and slow or stop the conveyor belt system bringing on an Ice age not global warming as we are being fed .

Climate Gate shows a cooling trend for the last 10 years and an ice age is aways proceeded by a warm period with higher levels of CO2 according to ice core samples removed from Antarctica
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:35 AM   #13
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

I have placed some inquires with the EPA, EWG, and the author of this article to see if anyhing else shakes loose. I will follow up once I receive a response.

gscraig
Old 03-31-2010, 03:04 PM   #14
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

Hello All,
I received a response from an inquiry I made with the EPA, trying to confirm if there is a block from researching the Gulf Stream.

My question:
"Hello,
I am contacting you to confirm if there remains a block by the US Government on the Environmental Protection Agencies from researching changes in the Gulf Stream? This was apparently initiated in 2003 via the Bush Administration, and wanted to know it's current status?"

EPA's response:
Quote:
Thank you for visiting EPA's Climate Change site.
We are unaware of any effort to block research by any agency on the potential effects of climate change on the Gulf Stream.Please note; My inquiry was not pertaining to a block on Cimate Change effects on the Gulf Stream. It was changes in the Gulf Stream
To learn more about the potential impacts of future climate change on the Atlantic Meridonal Circulation, please see the Extreme Events page of EPA's Climate Change Site: http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/effects/extreme.html[/url]
We hope you find this information helpful
After clicking on the link provided, it was predominately information in their data base focusing on Extreme Events and Abrupt Climate Change with possible triggers, one being "a brightening or dimming of the sun". Now, if you scroll down, a reference to a National Resource Council report on Inevitable Surprises is also provided.
In a nutshell, this amount of information being provided simply on the premise of what was supposedly "C02" triggered, is quite significant. I think this answer is quite a bit of information that's in the public domain.

I've yet to receive a response from the EWG, an EPA employee or from the Team whom made this claim in their article.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:13 PM   #15
feardia
Avalon Senior Member

Science Daily Link

Atlantic 'Conveyor Belt' Not Slowing, NASA Study Finds

ScienceDaily (Mar. 29, 2010) — New NASA measurements of the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation, part of the global ocean conveyor belt that helps regulate climate around the North Atlantic, show no significant slowing over the past 15 years. The data suggest the circulation may have even sped up slightly in the recent past.

Full story at link...

Mind you if NASA say it, hmmmmm.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:46 PM   #16
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Feardia;
From what I've seen, I think about 90% of all the "scientific dire predictions" are really about fishing for grants on some pet project.

They give a prediction that "X is imminent!!"
When asked, "When?" they respond...
"Well, we really don't know. We'd like to study that, but...."

it's a funding game, many times.

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:38 PM   #17
Kundaflower
Avalon Senior Member

And now they confirm opposite...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8589512.stm

And if you dont belive holy BBC here is orginal...

http://www.agu.org/pubs/crossref/201...GL042372.shtml

Peace..
Kundaflower is offline   Reply With Quote