Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 01-04-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Red face What do you make?

Taylor Mali...Tells a Lawyer...What a Teacher Makes...

Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
kriya
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What do you make?

Absolutely Brilliant That's made my day, thank you, Celine.

I am a teacher too....

Love,

Kriya

PS: IT AIN'T EASY
kriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriya View Post
I am a teacher too....

i am so in awe of you!!

Old 01-04-2010, 11:16 PM   #4
beren
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Ladies!

I am not a teacher though I do teach people on my work.
beren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:24 AM   #5
bigmo
Avalon Senior Member

Great video Celine... thanks for the post!
bigmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:17 AM   #6
haibane
Avalon Senior Member

I taught English to adults for a couple of years, and it is NOT an easy task. I admire all the good teachers (I wish I was one), especially those who face children every working day, since it's an act of bravery, but then again, where I'm from, good teachers are hard to find, the school system is rather hostile and accommodates much better for mediocrity. I wonder if it's any better elsewhere.

It is a great vid Céline, I just wish it was about an average, majority teacher. 'Cos I'm afraid it's not.
haibane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:58 AM   #7
es7ter
Avalon Senior Member

I would like to add a personal experience and viewpoint on the educational system...

When I was in High school it was a nightmare... I would like to add two comments here... 1, fault of the system (the teachers did not know better) 2, I am grateful for those times, because they made me who I am today.
So when I was there, in those days all I’ve got out of it was intimidation and a fear based hierarchy system. And both of those are hard to deal with for an indigo kid. The system is wrong and outdated, because the overcrowded classrooms and the curriculum are both useless. There was a lot of stress on our teachers and so they acted out fear of underperforming children and the pressure from the head master, who would have been better off as an army officer, rather than a positive authority figure for children.
And even tho I find it easy to learn massive amount of information quickly and sufficiently, the whole thing was a catalyst to rebel and wanting to destroy the system that caused us children so much grief over the years. It was separating us from each other. Those kids, whose parents were donating money to the school, were always safe from intimidation and even bad marks. My parents weren’t, so for me it was a struggle being bright, yet non-conforming. Until this day I feel strongly about the public school systems and its dangers to society. It just won’t cut it any longer. I sincerely hope, that what the indigos came to change (old systems) and re-build with the help of the crystals arriving, we can have an educational system for all, that is not based on corruption, fear and intimidation, but on true values, integrity and enough space for the left and right brained children to learn life skills as well as academic knowledge and develop into confident and smart individuals. A system, that brings joy to the teachers and students equally.
I am proud of being different now, but God knows, just how happy I was finishing up and never looking back. Maybe that’s what I needed, the stimulus, to go against and stay gifted, rather than conform and die, like a caged bird, which never learned to fly.

Thank God for the gifted and those, who dare to teach them with patience and love!
es7ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:22 AM   #8
shybastid
Avalon Senior Member

Sweet.. Well Done..
I've always remember'd since I was yearnin to learn,that I would always be a student or a teacher regardless of age, or who was teaching, or who was learning.
It was MY job to know when to learn, or when to be a teacher.
I'm still learning.
REAL teachers the know the difference. And when to be students.
shybastid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #9
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haibane View Post

It is a great vid Céline, I just wish it was about an average, majority teacher. 'Cos I'm afraid it's not.

Hmm sadly yes...many teachers are not as...motivated...

But perhaps we need to learn to encourage the ones that are...
Old 01-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #10
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

bump
Old 01-05-2010, 05:03 PM   #11
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

Super video... we are ALL teachers and students... everyday... learning from others who instruct us, and giving others our wisdom and experience on anything at any given time...

very well said... i am gonna put that on my favorites list on my youtube
xbusymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:05 PM   #12
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbusymom View Post
very well said... i am gonna put that on my favorites list on my youtube
Thank you!

"I make a god damn difference! what about you??"

love it...
Old 01-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #13
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

I'm a dad....and I hope I MAKE a difference.

Peace

GREAT VIDEO!!!!
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #14
beren
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer1965 View Post
I'm a dad....and I hope I MAKE a difference.

Peace

GREAT VIDEO!!!!

As long as you catch up your children conversation with other kids(they all must not see you or know that you are listening...OK not suggesting that you spy your kids ) where they say something about you that really makes them proud and that they are loving you because you are their dad... then you really make something. You are making them become men or women...and that is a tough job .
Old 01-05-2010, 06:43 PM   #15
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

Teachers do make a difference, unfortunately much of the material being thought in these organize learning institutes may be detrimental. And it also may be the (disruptive) students subconscious protecting its mind from absorbing the inaccuracies that’s being programmed into the minds of the youth. What’s being cultured in these schools is how to stay confined to their system.

There’s an influx of young bright individuals (probably Indigo and Crystal Children) failing in today’s school systems….ever wonder why? Well, most of us know the body heals itself, so maybe the brains deterrence of this info is seen (by so called professionals) as having a predisposition …therefore naming the child un-teachable and a distraction instead of a thinker or innovator. Something to ponder…

As far as teaching morals, responsibilities and respect for self and others…teachers can, and often do play a big part in that.

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #16
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace of mind View Post
Teachers do make a difference, unfortunately much of the material being thought in these organize learning institutes may be detrimental. And it also may be the (disruptive) students subconscious protecting its mind from absorbing the inaccuracies that’s being programmed into the minds of the youth. What’s being cultured in these schools is how to stay confined to their system.

There’s an influx of young bright individuals (probably Indigo and Crystal Children) failing in today’s school systems….ever wonder why? Well, most of us know the body heals itself, so maybe the brains deterrence of this info is seen (by so called professionals) as having a predisposition …therefore naming the child un-teachable and a distraction instead of a thinker or innovator. Something to ponder…

As far as teaching morals, responsibilities and respect for self and others…teachers can, and often do play a big part in that.

Peace
That's funny...I had a long conversation with my 5 year old last night about how the dinosaurs really did not die out entirely and that Daddy thought there were still smaller Brontosaurus' in Africa and Pterosaurs in Texas.

Of course when she repeats that in school she'll be laughed at and "corrected" by the teacher.

I'm wrestling with all this as we speak because I'm getting to enroll her in kindergarten.

Thoughts???

Signed CONCERNED DAD

or

SG
Old 01-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #17
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Thoughts???

Signed CONCERNED DAD

or

SG

A great question...
Honestly, i have very little faith in the public system here in Canada...

i am hoping to help pay for my grandsons private education...which is a step up...but... Homeschool seems to be the best choice if you want to teach your children to follow in your steps...
Old 01-05-2010, 07:53 PM   #18
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Céline View Post

A great question...
Honestly, i have very little faith in the public system here in Canada...

i am hoping to help pay for my grandsons private education...which is a step up...but... Homeschool seems to be the best choice if you want to teach your children to follow in your steps...
I am the product of the private school system (catholic) and I have never suffered more abuse and false teachings in my entire life...

Home School it is then....

Thanks Celine....that was easy...lol
Old 01-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #19
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I am the product of the private school system (catholic) and I have never suffered more abuse and false teachings in my entire life...

Hmm i am very sad to know that happened to you...

Yes perhaps the private school suggestion is not as good as the Home school one...though i am sure there are many horror stories about that as well...just do your best...
Old 01-05-2010, 10:35 PM   #20
beren
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

SG

I am sorry for you and Catholic schooling... makes people puke on the very idea of God and Christ and rest since you wanted or not, connect God to beatings in school or sexual abuse...

I hope that they did not do any of that things to you ...
I hope my friend...

I am maybe a bit off topic here but I had to say my bad on that kind of "schooling" you wrote.

I am sure you are being good dad!
Old 01-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #21
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

I'm wrestling with all this as we speak because I'm getting to enroll her in kindergarten.

Thoughts???
1)homeschool?
2)or counter act with evening conversations to correct (internet treasure hunting)
3) or bolster up creative thinking with lots of praise and support for individualism.
4) weekend arts and crafts projects (imagination possibilities -what if?)
5) history timeline
6) (find old books/articles for accurate info) ( http://www.accelerated-achievement. com - $100 for full school curriculum k-12 CD)

Last edited by xbusymom; 01-05-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:31 PM   #22
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beren View Post
SG

I am sorry for you and Catholic schooling... makes people puke on the very idea of God and Christ and rest since you wanted or not, connect God to beatings in school or sexual abuse...

I hope that they did not do any of that things to you ...
I hope my friend...

I am maybe a bit off topic here but I had to say my bad on that kind of "schooling" you wrote.

I am sure you are being good dad!
I got the beatings but not the sexual abuse...that was saved for home.

All gone like a long lost nightmare..Peace friends
Old 01-06-2010, 12:50 AM   #23
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbusymom View Post
1)homeschool?
2)or counter act with evening conversations to correct (internet treasure hunting)
3) or bolster up creative thinking with lots of praise and support for individualism.
4) weekend arts and crafts projects (imagination possibilities -what if?)
5) history timeline
6) (find old books/articles for accurate info) ( http://www.accelerated-achievement. com - $100 for full school curriculum k-12 CD)
Thanks XBM...I'll check out this site!!
Old 01-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #24
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

i am so glad you found some answers on this thread StarGazer...

That is what i believe poetry is for...create a difference, make you think and feel something

Old 01-07-2010, 04:50 AM   #25
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

Stargazer,
I also just remembered the free PDF "The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America" that gives loads of info how we got to this point... and why

http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com.../DDDoA.sml.pdf