Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:57 AM   #1
Altered Species
Avalon Senior Member

Question Why Are There No "New" Books Of The Bible?

This just crossed my mind the other day. There have been no new books of the Bible in over 1900 years. The earliest book was written around 1450 B.C. and the latest book was written somewhere around 90 A.D. From what little research I did the books of the Bible were written in a span of 1600 years with a span of 400 years being the longest time between writings. Has God stopped talking for almost 2000 years?
Altered Species is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:35 AM   #2
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Why Are There No "New" Books Of The Bible?

No, we just stopped listening. After a couple of thousand years of hearing the same old doom and gloom about the "end of mankind if he doesn't mend his ways", we got fed up with waiting for the other shoe to hit the floor.

In actual fact, the books to be included in the Bible in its current version, were decided by Constantine who became the first Christian Roman emperor in 306 AD, and his cohorts. He called a meeting of Christian leaders from the then known Christian world, and kept them in captivity until they all agreed on what books were acceptable to them to be collected together as the basis for the Christian religion. Since then, nobody has had the guts to publish a Bible with all available books included - and believe me, there are plenty of them.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:41 AM   #3
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

The bible is a complete work within itself. It starts with the path from the celestial and ends with the triumphant return.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:47 AM   #4
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

For further clarification go to these sites:

www.allaboutreligion.org/gnostic-gospels.htm

www.tertullian.org/rpearse/nicaea.html
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:51 AM   #5
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

There are scriptures that were not included in the 'Bible'. You can find books in your library or book store which cover some of them. For example, the "Discovery of the Nag Hammandi Texts", by Jean Doresse, is one. It is about a prodigious collection of sacred gnostic texts, discovered in the late 1940s in Chenoboskion, a remote hamlet in upper Egypt. It includes the Gospel according to Thomas, which some scholars say surpasses the Dead Sea Scrolls in importance.
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #6
Norval
Banned

There is one book I know of that is still being wrote and has not been released as yet.

You will find this book mentioned in Malachi.
Norval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
Altered Species
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 The Great Work View Post
The bible is a complete work within itself. It starts with the path from the celestial and ends with the triumphant return.
Well, I'm not sure I would call the Bible a "complete work" within itself just because it has a book of the beginning and a book of the end. You can pick up the Bible and start reading anywhere really, and not all books in the Bible are about just the beginning and end of times.

Then you have what some consider to be books left out or books missing. Then you have some Jews who don't beieve in the New Testament and then you also have the Juda-Christians who do.

I'm not really trying to single out the Bible, it could be the Quran etc. The point is, why have people stopped recording what God has to say for almost 2000 years? Are we really to believe that God has not spoken through anyone since, and if so it really wasn't worth or believable to be written down and accepted as part of our religous texts?
Altered Species is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:43 PM   #8
ghglenn
Avalon Senior Member

Well, according to the Mormons, you can read all kinds of new stuff...

In the Bible it is written in Deuteronomy 4:2

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish [ought] from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

I would suggest that God would know when to call his book "done". The New Testament, is quite complete, and any new additions would be suspect just due to the finality of the existing work.

Last edited by ghglenn; 11-03-2008 at 04:34 PM.
ghglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:23 PM   #9
Shadowstalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghglenn View Post
Well, according to the Mormons, you can read all kinds of new stuff...

In the Bible it is written in Deuteronomy 4:2

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish [ought] from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

I would suggest that God would know when to call his book "done". The New Testament, is quite complete, and any new additions would be suspect just do to the finality of the existing work.
I have several Bibles that have been rewritten over the pas at least 60+ years and they have been rewriting it over and over again.

I have a 1943, 67, and 2003.

I especially love the part where they keep telling us that they recreated Adam , and to this day the ministers can not explain to me why, wow two Adams in the book of Genesis.

I use those books for research and boy was i surprised and more intrigued.

Last edited by Shadowstalker; 11-03-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Shadowstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:26 PM   #10
gordon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I have several Bible that have been rewritten over the pas at least 60+ years and they have been rewriting it over and over again.

I have a 1943, 67, and 2003.

I especially love the part where they keep telling us that they recreated Adam , and to this day the ministers can not explain to me why, wow two Adams in the book of Genesis.
The bible is really Christian c.r.a.p. It is simple as that.
gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #11
Shadowstalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon View Post
I never said I supported it as holy
Old 11-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #12
gordon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon

I never said I supported it as holy
What I mean is: I said that as a comment. I did not mean to post it as your thoughts. Sorry.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:37 PM   #13
Shadowstalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon View Post
What I mean is: I said that as a comment. I did not mean to post it as your thoughts. Sorry.
aahhh ok then, I understand. No biggie biggie
Old 11-03-2008, 05:34 PM   #14
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

"I would suggest that God would know when to call his book "done".

But God didn't write it... humans did.

One of the best things anyone can do, is to have a Concordance to the Bible in their personal library. Then you can see the original Hebrew words, and decide for yourself what the interpretation should be.

I can remember 30 years ago when I confirmed for myself that most of the references in the book of Genesis of 'God', and other scriptures, were really "Gods", plural.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elohim "Elohim (אֱלוֹהִים , אלהים ) is a Hebrew word which expresses concepts of divinity. It is apparently related to the Hebrew word ēl, though morphologically it consists of the Hebrew word Eloah (אלוה) with a plural suffix."
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:40 PM   #15
gordon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
But God didn't write it... humans did.
God created a perfect system for the perfect world, humans created a sinned system for the unperfect world. If any of the christians have really read the bible, they would see that christians themselfs have screwed the bible.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:41 PM   #16
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I started reading it once but found it incredibly boring
Much better books out there than that
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote