Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 01-03-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
dayzero
Avalon Senior Member

Default New Year - New Time!

A 'New Time' Resolution - From Eden Sky

[sent - December 29, 2008]

In honor of the globally observed "2009" Gregorian Calendar New Year point, I'd like to take a moment and invite us to contemplate what the Gregorian Calendar at large signifies for us personally and as a planetary species. What role does it play in our daily lives?

Having studied calendars and prophecies for the last 13 years, I discovered that before the Gregorian calendar imposition in 1582, which went on to establish the 12-Month calendar as the (unquestioned) world standard, there were vastly more accounts of thriving cultural calendar traditions and cycles observed by the peoples of the planet then survive today. These calendrical lineages offered the human-being maps of time that served to connect them to their Sacred Relationship to Time, in phase with the microcosm of their life as a reflection of the larger macrocosm of the Universe.

Nowadays, it is my feeling that as a species we have been conditioned to accept a numb and meaningless association to our calendar and how we track "time," and relate to it; how we schedule the cosmic, creative life-force that we have been granted as students on this Earth... Straddling the globe, like a language and code casting the spell of artificial time, everywhere we look - from our daytimers, computers, cellphones, TV, doctor's offices, prisons, presidential offices, banks, supermarkets, elementary schools - we are all told the day's "date" in Gregorian terms, "Monday December 29th, 2008," but what does it mean? Where does it come from? Have we really considered what we've been subscribing to? And is this the best choice to agree upon as a planet? Is it working, is it serving the awakening of our human potential? It is reminding us to how to prioritize our human role as Shepards of the planet? Or is it reinforcing that we keep our focus on working, shopping, and paying our bills?... Whose agenda might it be serving?

I have come to the understanding that the Gregorian calendar operates as a veil that can distract and obscure our connection to our own natural rhythms and the natural rhythms of the Earth we live upon and Universe we dream within. Sourced in the Vatican Catholic Church, Pope Gregory the 13th, and the earlier calendars of Caesar and the Roman Empire, its mathematical structure does not reflect or teach us about the natural rhythms of our journey around the Sun, nor elucidate the spiritual meanings of our relationships to the spiralling patterns and harmonic ratios of the Stars...

As Dr. Jose Arguelles has shared in his life-long research and analysis of the Gregorian Calendar as an instrument of global social governance, its main function is to entrain us with an artifical pulse and mental construct of time that upholds the paradigm: Time is Money. Fueled by the vibration of survival fear, this mentality separates and compartmentalizes, and allows the Biosphere's resources, as well as our own human bodies and life-force, to be perceived solely as material worth to be potentially exploited, rather than respected as sentient equals, mirrors of the one web of life.

Rather than offering guidance to illuminate the sacred workings of our lives and our relationships with all of life, which is the ultimate opportunity of a sacred calendar, I conceive of the phenomena of the Gregorian calendar and its ally in linearizing time: the mechanical clock (creating together what Arguelles calls the 12:60 artificial timing frequency) as a socially-accepted, consensus reality that the whole globe is participating in, essentially because we haven't taken the time to investigate it and ascertain the effects our daily calendars and sense of time actually have upon us, our relationships, and our navigation as a Planet.

In Gregorian time, we are disassociated from the archaic, sacred meanings of the 7 days of the week, and the misnamed 12 months of the year (Sept = 7 and is the 9th month, Oct = 8 and is the 10th month, Nov = 9 and is the 11th month, etc) and their erratic numbering of 28, 29,30,31 leave us with a feeling of disorder and chaos. Because we are not rooted to natural cycles, there is a vibration of scarcity as though we are perpetually in danger of running out of time, as its minutes seem to all be owned by some obligation, some past regret, or future stress... It doesn't help that the clock ticks relentlessly, echoing the mechanical pulse of the machine of industry, progress and the greed of the empire of the egoic mind.

This materialist relationship to time promoted by the 12-month calendar and clock is contrary to the dimension of Natural Time in which time is understood as energy; consciousness; life; the infinite possibilities of the unfolding art of beingness; synchronic patterns of fractal aesthetics... One expression of this is the 13:20 natural timing frequency, which was first recorded by the ancient Maya and then re-articulated by Dr. Jose Arguelles in the form of a 13-Month/28-day Calendar. In Natural Time we come to not only understand the simple yet complex mathematical order that underlies our cycles, but simultaneously we gradually re-connect with our inherent, internal sense of time and natural timing, grounded in our own terrestrial yet cosmic beingness.

As we all know, these unprecedented times on Earth are presenting an ongoing series of challenges in which our only true option in these critical crossroads is to walk the path of that which is life-sustaining and in harmony with Nature. Therefore, I propose a 2009 New Year's Resolution to practice all year long: "See beyond the flimsy box of artifical time and dare to explore your inner sense of Natural Time!" This is a personal study that can be accessed by tracking nature-based calendars as well as by cultivating one's connection to one's natural, internal rhythms which are harmonized with the larger, Synchronic Order. This is a continual path of sensitizing to and gradually trusting the instinct of telepathy that we all have within, waiting to be activated by putting our awareness on it.

This process of awakening our telepathy is greatly supported by taking one's attention off the idea of time being located outside of oneself (mistaking "time" for the numbers on a clock or a computer screen) and truly awakening to the understanding that We are Time; Time is within us, its sacred order governs our unfolding as creatures in this Great Mystery. The more we put our attention on following our spirit's guidance, our heart's inspiration, our body's rhythms, the more we can find we are In The Flow with our own center and in harmony with our web of responsibilities and relations; In Sync...

Ultimately, my intention for this message is to inspire an expanded context in which to perceive the Gregorian calendar and the effects of its time prescription. Especially as we continue navigating this unfolding prophetic journey of the Mayan Great Cycle which culminates in 2012, we need to be as lucid and cosmically aligned as possible. Rather than consigning the 12-month calendar the power of our un-examined allegiance, let us empower ourselves with our sovereign connection to Natural Time, which always lives within us as our deepest intuition and unfolding, of which there are countless sacred ways to track and designate the rhythms of our lives.

All of this is not to say one should not celebrate or honor 2009. The idea of a "New Year" brings an innocent and welcome sense of renewal, and this is something we all seek instinctively, to start again, fresh. Let us be re-born every day by finding renewed courage to live from our Hearts. This is an invitation to reclaim our sense of Sacred Time, by whatever means that process calls to us - as we are the ones who are given the task to live in Harmony once again with the sacred whole of life, on behalf of all beings everywhere, and to do so we need instruments and maps that elevate our insights and ignite conscious awakening of ourselves as children and stewards of our Mother Nature!

In Lak'ech - I am Another Yourself,
Eden Sky
http://www.13moon.com/
TIME IS ART!
dayzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #2
islandman
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: New Year - New Time!

I am trying to get my head around the 13 moon or Mayan calander. It makes alot of sense to me, to measure time in cycles of the moon and in cycles in general. There is alot of information to take in as each day has its own meaning but I feel its a project worth pursuing. More info available here http://www.13moon.com/
islandman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arguiles, calendar, new year, time