Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 12-02-2008, 10:03 PM   #26
franciejones
Banned

Default Re: Did you see that???

My stepson and I repeatedly see things in our peripheral vision.
The first time it really scared Allen. After some assurances, he is now more curious and reports each incident with true excitement...I think its happening more frequently every week.
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:08 PM   #27
Lady of Light
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
I have always seen things that aren't there out of the corner of my eye, you know when your sat watching the tele or on your pc and you think you saw something move, you think it might be a spider or something but there isn't anything there, but lately have noticed this happening a lot more.
Mentioned it to my friend Flynt the other day and he has also noticed it happening more.
Anyone else noticed this?
I have ALWAYS seen these things my whole life. It was always brushed off whenever I would tell someone, so I stopped mentioning it to people. I went for years not saying anything about it accept for when someone would mention to me that it was happening to them. When I met my boyfriend, he said he has always seen these "shadows" too. These last few years have been very comforting knowing that I am not alone and that I can share with others.

Lady of Light
Lady of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:45 AM   #28
Wetpicketfence
Avalon Senior Member

dark pulsating spots with tiny white orbs floating around, when I am hungover....
Wetpicketfence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:48 AM   #29
Sol Invictus
Banned

Hey swanny - I call these the 'jelly baby men' due to their opaque nature and yet when looked at with the pheripheal vision they look dark or black.

My cat actually chases things i see in the corner of my eye around the living room. I leave her in the room at night and I am assured a sleepless night.

Guess she must like the taste or some thing.
Sol Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:03 AM   #30
Lady of Light
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetpicketfence View Post
dark pulsating spots with tiny white orbs floating around, when I am hungover....
I get similar things when sober. I don't drink. Haven't had even a sip of alcohol for over 3 years. I've come to regard anything of this nature as being absolutely normal.

Lady of Light
Lady of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:44 AM   #31
Banned

One of the first things I learned when I went on ops was about 'retina burn'. Meaning, if you look at something straight on and keep looking at it eventually you'll get retina burn and you won't be able to see clearly. It's basically eye fatigue from staring at one spot for too long.

I was taught to always keep looking around, even if you've got to look at one specific thing intently. It seems weird that if you're not looking directly at it you might miss something but in fact if there's retina burn you can be looking RIGHT AT whatever it is and still miss it. The trick is to 'see' it out of the corner of your eye.

Anyone ever notice how when you see something out of the corner of your eye almost always when you turn you're head there's nothing there? Some say this is a glimpse of entities that we can normally not sense. Could be. Is it also a physiological/psychological effect? Definitely.

It's a natural reaction to turn your head to look at whatever you saw from the corner of your eye, its a survival mechanism. But what if you DIDN'T turn your head? Would this thing stay there? Or would it go away just like if you turned your head? There is such a thing as jumping at shadows, meaning if you're expecting to see something (anticipating or fearful of it) you're more likely to think you've seen if, if only for a moment.

Also notice how people just seem to 'know' when someone is looking at them often times. Like when you're sitting in your car at a light, and you KNOW the person in the car next to you is staring at you. Basically this is (and 'retina burn') were the reasons I was strongly encouraged to develop better use of my peripheral vision. If people think you're oblivious and don't realize they're there you have the advantage. Also, if you're watching someone who's paranoid, one straight look in their direction and it's blown.

I encourage everyone to try to improve their peripheral vision. You'd be surprised how good you can get with it. There IS a limit to how much you can see but it's all about being aware, and seeing something different than what your eye is looking at. And remember, if you stare at ANYTHING long enough it will begin to look like something else- beware of illusions. But that's another topic.

Here's a fun illusion
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:50 AM   #32
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

I remember that a long time ago i was informed that when you look at a bright sky and you see the odd black dust like particle in your field of vision when you try and focus on the nearest point you can i.e. your own eye these are pieces of detached retina that naturally occur as the body is constantly renewing itself cell by cell and nothing to concern yourself over as it's a natural process.Just thought i'd mention it as this was mentioned to me out of curiosity more than anything.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:51 AM   #33
Sol Invictus
Banned

I do love it when people post factual explanations for the reason why my cat chases around the room the 'illusions and retina burn' I don't have.

I also love it because it goes to such great lengths to explain why in my bedroom at night she will sleep soundly curled up under the cupboard in her box, but in the living room she will create mary hell until it all falls silent.

She is way way more aware than any human, and if she is chasing the 'things' I glimpse, thats good enough for me to dump the 'illusions and retina burn / floaters explanation' in the 'thanks but no way am I going there' bin.

That said, if it helps you sleep at night to believe that, fair play.

Last edited by Sol Invictus; 12-03-2008 at 01:52 AM. Reason: spell check
Old 12-03-2008, 02:06 AM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
I do love it when people post factual explanations for the reason why my cat chases around the room the 'illusions and retina burn' I don't have.

I also love it because it goes to such great lengths to explain why in my bedroom at night she will sleep soundly curled up under the cupboard in her box, but in the living room she will create mary hell until it all falls silent.

She is way way more aware than any human, and if she is chasing the 'things' I glimpse, thats good enough for me to dump the 'illusions and retina burn / floaters explanation' in the 'thanks but no way am I going there' bin.

That said, if it helps you sleep at night to believe that, fair play.
I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way. I fully believe that such things exist. I was just talking in a general sense, as when you're specifically looking at/for something. And that can also mean psychologically, whether a belief in such things might make you more apt to have a glimpse of these things or they are just products of a fantasy prone mood.

Animals are real good indicators, or 'tripwires'- they often give the first sign something is amiss. That being said, also most animals will (seemingly) sometimes jump at shadows. And they are in tune with us- when we're agitated or expectant they respond accordingly.

BTW Sol Invictus, I'm not saying you've got a fantasy prone personality or that you're expectations are influencing your cat. I'm not being sarcastic, also I really am not saying that. I'm just pointing out that that can be a factor, it's ultimately up to the individual to come to their own conclusion, and I respect yours.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:22 AM   #35
Sol Invictus
Banned

As I respect your opinion; you have been given good opthalmic advice to care for your eyes in a harsh environment, and it is sound medical advice.

However, it cannot account for the hundreds of people whom will stand up and say 'I saw some thing', and have perfect or near perfect vision.

I also know that if Sammie hunts some thing, its to eat it. Her nature is semi feral (she is a rescue cat) and if I leave her in the room at night alone, i can hear her trying damn hard to catch some thing.

Oh, and there are no spiders in the house because I have electrical / magnetic repellers through out.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:28 AM   #36
Sol Invictus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 371 View Post
I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way. I fully believe that such things exist. I was just talking in a general sense, as when you're specifically looking at/for something. And that can also mean psychologically, whether a belief in such things might make you more apt to have a glimpse of these things or they are just products of a fantasy prone mood.

I am going to say this one thing, and please don't take it personally because it is a comment against society and its rules as a whole.

I hate it when a person can come forward and say some thing out of the ordinary and this catch all 'fantasy prone' label is used.

Children experience unusual things... they get labled as fantasy prone, drugged and ignored.

Adults see some thing unusual... they get ignored and ridiculed.

Our whole society is so wrapped into the lie sold to them by the powers above them that anything can be explained away by this damming label.

Thats why its called a fringe belief; society doesn't want to hear it, so pushes it away to the edges and beyond, much poorer for doing so too.

Any how, i'll leave this alone now as I can see the way avalon is going, and really i'll do my thing and leave off commenting and sharing... because more and more people here on the boards have a ready supply of societies labels at hand to plaster all over peoples posts.#
Old 12-03-2008, 03:21 AM   #37
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus35 View Post
Thanks for the info. "Peer"
I normally try to relate to them by turning slowly, still looking out of the corner of my eyes, and say things like "whats going on buddy", being friendly, hoping that they will make themselves a little more visible. Nothing has happened yet, but I am hoping..

They're very shy.....
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:29 AM   #38
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsonik View Post
Woahoh!! This has all gotten much heavier than I had imagined. I don't think there's any explanation for what that effect is, it could be a great many things. Peer, I see what your saying, when I look into a clear blue sky I usually see those tiny little dots of changing colour moving all around almost like dust but not affected by volumetric light. Don't know why I can only usually see them against a bright sky though. I can focus on them but they never go out of focus really - they just move too fast to follow. Anyone else seen these? They're quite entertaining if you're bored:P
No that is not what is meant.
What you see is Mouche Volante, and those are proteine parts inside of the eye.
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:38 AM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
I am going to say this one thing, and please don't take it personally because it is a comment against society and its rules as a whole.

I hate it when a person can come forward and say some thing out of the ordinary and this catch all 'fantasy prone' label is used.

Children experience unusual things... they get labled as fantasy prone, drugged and ignored.

Adults see some thing unusual... they get ignored and ridiculed.

Our whole society is so wrapped into the lie sold to them by the powers above them that anything can be explained away by this damming label.

Thats why its called a fringe belief; society doesn't want to hear it, so pushes it away to the edges and beyond, much poorer for doing so too.

Any how, i'll leave this alone now as I can see the way avalon is going, and really i'll do my thing and leave off commenting and sharing... because more and more people here on the boards have a ready supply of societies labels at hand to plaster all over peoples posts.#
You're right in what you're saying. I'm not labeling anyone as anything, I'm just pointing out that you've got to consider that possibility, but I think you understood what I was trying to say. Maybe I just spent too much time in psychology classes, I use these terms which are really SO subjective...

I've had some personal experiences that were so weird I probably wouldn't believe it if some random person told me my own story. So I don't try to tell anyone that an experience they've had isn't real, because I simply don't know.

It's cool Sol and you're right, people want to cry BS! Pure Fantasy! when someone makes claims they don't understand. I just think in order to better try to understand it you've gotta consider it from that angle as well.

-Peace

Last edited by 371; 12-03-2008 at 03:40 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #40
DragulaROB
Avalon Senior Member

that RARELY happens to me...only in a hard noticable degree

not worthy of mentioning
DragulaROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:17 AM   #41
ucan
Avalon Senior Member

If I sit patiently I can usually count them as I notice them and they appear at different points around the room - little sparkles that want to be noticed - I've always assumed it was something to do with the way the eye's work as I can repeat the phenomena on certain objects at certain angles.

Also have you ever concentrated on the space between things? Defocus your eyes and look into the air - it is filled with all sorts of sparkly dust, especially in a house - our eye's pick it all up, but our brains filter it all out. Everything moves - nothing is static!

It's the little spooky noises that follow me that freak me out more ;-)
ucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:18 AM   #42
Tara
Avalon Senior Member

I've been seeing this for years, but it's been much more prevalent in last few months. Multiple times daily. I was paranoid at first, now I'm used to it. It's become a normal part of my daily life. I feel like either port holes have opened up, or maybe vortex's of some sort. I know nothing about this stuff. I do know it's not drugs, eyesight, etc. It's real, and whatever these entities are, they exist in our reality now. I originally thought they were souls that hadn't crossed over, and I used to yell at them, asking "what?!! already". No verbal communication, but sometimes they seem like they are intensely in my face, or space, I should say.
Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:28 AM   #43
Ace of Hearts
Avalon Senior Member

I noticed recently that this is happening more and more as days go by to me as well. This often occurs when I am reading or doing some work on my laptop, it seems as though there is something from the corner of my eyes that is either playing with me or trying to get my attention for some reason. There are times when this thing is distracting me so much that I simply stop reading, remove my glasses and just start staring at the same spot I had noticed it, hoping to get a good look at it but I can never get a clear view of it. After a minute or so I simply get this big smile on my face and go back to what I was doing.

Is this what they refer to the “veil thinning out”?

Ace of Heart
----------------
I Seek Truth, Peace & Purpose
Ace of Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:37 AM   #44
dayzero
Avalon Senior Member

Love this thread....I get them too, just recently, I've had bursts of light in addition to the dark flitters. Much more activity.

And Sol, I have exactly the same thing with my cat. Exactly.

The ringing of a small bell helps, if they're a problem for you.
Great to ring the bells before sleep [above the head, no kidding - i got that off a post on here somewhere, and it really works]
dayzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #45
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I tried to look at them without looking at them last nite, if you know what I mean, but no luck I'm paranoid of spiders creeping up on me
Glad to see it's normal that we are seeing more of these
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #46
flynt144
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan View Post
Also have you ever concentrated on the space between things? Defocus your eyes and look into the air - it is filled with all sorts of sparkly dust, especially in a house - our eye's pick it all up, but our brains filter it all out. Everything moves - nothing is static!
This sounds like what Stuart Wilde calls 'dry rain' it very easy to see, using a dark colour back ground, indoors or outdoors, something like a hedge or tree is best, then stare at the space in between you and it, and there you are, dry rain!
flynt144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #47
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I realised today that things seem to have gone quiet lately.
I'm not seeing the things out of the corner of my eye at the mo
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #48
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I guess this kind of coincides with what Frank initially wrote above. I have read about what is referred to as dark shadows or shadow people. As I understand, they are beings whose presence can be felt and are usually spotted out of the corner of one's eye. These beings feed off of negative thought patterns/vibrations and can encourage negative situations.
Interesting, I am definitely moving into a much more positive phaze of my life (by design) and find I see them more now than ever before. I even had someone pop their head around the door and smile at me the one morning, clear as a bell, full colour, very real.

I used to be pretty scared of them but now I don't mind, as I have come to no harm.
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #49
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
I tried to look at them without looking at them last nite, if you know what I mean, but no luck I'm paranoid of spiders creeping up on me
Glad to see it's normal that we are seeing more of these
HaHa Swanny, I'm not afraid of death, but I can't say the same about spiders! Yuk!!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:08 PM   #50
Egg
Banned

A fear of spiders is a common side effect of being an abductee - yep, josh you not, thats totally legit. It seems they use them as a fear 'flash card' to make you less able to resist other machinations.

Spiders however in real life (bar the real nasties) fear us way way more than we fear them. Oh and the electronic 'hum' from a lap top fan and hard drive drives them nuts so they stay away.
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote