Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 09-23-2009, 08:18 AM   #201
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: END POPULATION EXPLOSION (petition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyT View Post
Actually, you might want to look at South Africa. The blacks have taken land away from owners who were successfully farming the land, and productive farms are being ruined. Farms which could feed people. Tell me that is smart. It is not smart, it is stupid.
http://www.africancrisis.org/default2.asp

Brook, I am sorry to say, I don't think you have a clue about Africa.

And you weren't able to give me a measuring stick for knowing when "the PTB will be gone".
Here is an article from your source there.....stunning

IQ Distribution by Race - Bizarre African/Asian IQ Facts
Date Posted: Wednesday 02-Aug-2006

[I'm going to put up a series of articles from an old regular reader in the Cape. This is pretty stunning stuff. A touches on a problem that has been bugging me quietly too - why aren't the Asians complete geniuses who dominate the world? The Asians *ARE CLEVER* - make no mistake. But there is something still not right - they're not dominating the world to the same degree that Whites have. Why?

A. has a theory of his own below, suggesting that their IQ distribution is not as wide as whites. So you get a lot of really dumb whites, but you also get a few, extremely intelligent whites.

A's theory is interesting. I had another theory - I wondered how accurate IQ measures CREATIVITY? I wondered if there were aspects of IQ which were not properly measured and that whites had an abundance of the "unmeasurable IQ" things - like, for example - mental creativity.

A makes a really fascinating point below which needs a lot more close attention. It is actually a brilliant concept. He is saying that even though blacks outnumber us 10 to 1, when it comes to the number of people with IQ's above genius level that there are many more whites at that level. Think about that.

Now you may think this does not matter, but it does. Any society is driven forward by the *FEW* people at the top of the IQ ladder. All societies work like this. The people right at the top are the ones essentially driving society forward.

This brings me back to a simple observation in my work and life in general that it is WHITES who are the most mentally active in this country. Whites are full of ideas, thoughts and critiques - whereas the blacks are merely regurgitating other people's ideas in a parrot-like fashion. Jan]

This is the most racist site I've seen in a long time.....they even have racist jokes...and brag about it

Last edited by BROOK; 09-25-2009 at 05:02 AM.
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:45 AM   #202
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
I work for and do fund raiser for Living Compassion.....for a group of BLACK Africans who don't want a handout..they want a chance to take care of them selves...and this community is doing it

http://www.livingcompassion.org/afri...mba_about.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FXEWrFKSq0

and here is the child I sponsor

Lonica Bwalya
Dear Brook,

Thank you for sponsoring Lonica Bwalya in support of the Kantolomba
Project in Ndola, Zambia. Attached is a PDF of a one-page document we
created to assist folks in their fundraising efforts for Bridge Walk
2009. Please feel free to contact us with any further questions.

We are grateful for your participation.

In lovingkindness,
Living Compassion
transforming lives, ending suffering

This is what I do about things that bother me and I feel needs change...

What do you do about what bothers you Kathyt?
After posting this...and your concern about my not having a clue about Africa...are you familiar with these people?...they don't need anybody to be beautiful...and they do just fine...without anybody's help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGLR8wEvRfQ

The Omo

Last edited by BROOK; 09-25-2009 at 05:04 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:09 AM   #203
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

The population explosion
Paul R.Ehrlich & Anne H.Ehrlich

http://www.ditext.com/ehrlich/title.html

Excerpt:

Quote:
human beings, besides tuning out gradual trends, do not easily recognize the need to adjust their ways of life to accommodate the needs of more than five billion fellows, most living thousands of miles away. That all people must change their behavior to permit everyone on the planet to lead a decent life is not a notion evolution has prepared us to accept readily. It is not surprising that Homo sapiens has brought its old mind into the new world. After all, biological evolution would require many thousands of generations to adjust the old perceptual apparatus to new situations, and world-scale problems have appeared only in the last one or two generations.

So, if society is to come to grips with the population explosion and the other elements of the greatest crisis it has faced in historic times, it will have to do so through cultural evolution. Cultural evolution consists of changes in the body of non-genetic information that is passed from person to person and [188] generation to generation. Cultural information, unlike the genetic information coded into the DNA of human beings, can be altered very rapidly -- well within a single generation in the modern world, sometimes within a week.

Cultural evolution must be harnessed and directed so as to amplify people's awareness of the gradual environmental changes that so threaten our civilization. Somehow we've all got to learn that a fluctuating but continually climbing line on a graph measuring the concentration of a colorless, odorless gas in the atmosphere may represent an enormously greater threat to our children's security than all the world's terrorists put together. People must learn to perceive in columns of population statistics an increasingly certain death knell for their way of life.

It's tough to override a legacy of billions of years of biological evolution and tens of thousands of years of cultural evolution.

Making the population connections therefore isn't all that easy, because people are basically designed not to pay attention to the factors that are related to population growth, or to that growth itself. Population growth, climate change, faltering food security, the loss of stratospheric ozone, increased acidity of rain, the extermination of populations and species of plants [189] and animals, and various other signposts collectively pointing toward global collapse are all trends too gradual for human beings to perceive easily and are not obviously connected to one another. Worse yet, most of them are difficult or impossible to perceive directly, even when attention is called to them.
Good and interesting book that adresses the problem of overpopulation in humane like and respectfull ways .
Focus is put on the necessicity of a global cultural revolution .

As metaw3 below I am favoring massive education resulting in raised awareness and global responsability rather then the use of coercive laws .

Love always
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 09-23-2009 at 10:12 AM.
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:30 PM   #204
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I work for and do fund raiser for Living Compassion.....for a group of BLACK Africans who don't want a handout..they want a chance to take care of them selves...and this community is doing it

and here is the child I sponsor

This is what I do about things that bother me and I feel needs change...

What do you do about what bothers you Kathyt?
Thank you for sharing the info about Ndola. I looked up Ndola on the internet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ndola, "it the third-largest city in Zambia, with a population of 774,757 (2007 estimate). It is the industrial, commercial, administrative and distribution on the Copperbelt, Zambia's copper-mining region, and capital of Copperbelt Province. It is also the commercial capital city of Zambia and has one of the three international airports."

Nice little city, if it has an international airport. They even have a college, Northem Technical College, Ndola, Zambia. I hope the thousands and thousands of people in Hdola themselves are taking care of their less fortunate, as it appears to be quite an industrious and prosperous city. Certainly bigger and more industrious than the city I live in.

You asked me what I do, I can tell you what I don't do. I never give to any of these organizations which come begging on TV or magazines asking for money. You never know where that money goes. I choose to give charity in my local community, where I know it is needed, as here too, we have hungry and disadvantaged people. There are hundreds of ways to volunteer in my community and help children in need here, and I choose and do what I believe is most beneficial here.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
On the other topic, you might want to look at the ruined farms in South Africa.

"Africa: A ruined farm worth R100 million
Date Posted: Monday 13-Feb-2006

I've been lucky enough to catch another news item showing another ruined farm that was handed over to the blacks via "Land Reform" - which the ANC assured us would NOT be the failure that so-called "Land Reform" was in Zimbabwe!

This farm in Letsitele, is a massive Orange farm. As best I could make out from the news item, this farm was worth R100 million. As I was saying, the ANC is not handing over just any old "silly family farm" - they are actually getting the best, the finest farms/businesses which are worth enormous sums of money, and they are handing it over to the blacks. And these farms are collapsing! The blacks can't even keep a successful going concern functioning!

This farm produced 140,000 oranges worth R7 million per annum at the time it was handed over to the blacks. Now it produces - NONE!"

Last edited by KathyT; 09-23-2009 at 06:39 PM.
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #205
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
You asked me what I do, I can tell you what I don't do. I never give to any of these organizations which come begging on TV or magazines asking for money. You never know where that money goes. I choose to give charity in my local community, where I know it is needed, as here too, we have hungry and disadvantaged people. There are hundreds of ways to volunteer in my community and help children in need here, and I choose and do what I believe is most beneficial here.
That's nice....I also do work with mentally handicapped in my community...as well as support the homeless shelter in downtown Los Angeles....

Quote:
"Africa: A ruined farm worth R100 million
Date Posted: Monday 13-Feb-2006

I've been lucky enough to catch another news item showing another ruined farm that was handed over to the blacks via "Land Reform" - which the ANC assured us would NOT be the failure that so-called "Land Reform" was in Zimbabwe!

This farm in Letsitele, is a massive Orange farm. As best I could make out from the news item, this farm was worth R100 million. As I was saying, the ANC is not handing over just any old "silly family farm" - they are actually getting the best, the finest farms/businesses which are worth enormous sums of money, and they are handing it over to the blacks. And these farms are collapsing! The blacks can't even keep a successful going concern functioning!

This farm produced 140,000 oranges worth R7 million per annum at the time it was handed over to the blacks. Now it produces - NONE!"
this article is from that web site again..the same one that reports articles like this..

Nelson Mandela: The Songs They Sing about Killing Whites

This portion shows Nelson Mandela and Ronnie Kasrils at a funeral in 1992, where all the ANC/SACP members sing about killing the whites. This excerpt shows Mandela there, and it contrasts the words of the song, sung in Xhosa (the tribe from which Mandela comes), with the words he speaks in english. It also shows other members of the ANC, including women and children singing the same words. It has been noted over the years, that often, these black leaders, say one thing in a "native" language, but when questionined in english, they say something very different. In this excerpt you will see that.

S.Africa: Thieves beat mom, rape girl, 9

this no doubt is an example of the "materially poor, but spiritually rich" black people at work. Scum like this should be hung until they are DEAD!

USA: Blacks kill more blacks than whites ever Lynched

A regular reader of AfricanCrisis as well as of American Renaissance sent me these comments. I am fascinated by the statement that more blacks in America are killed by other blacks annually than were ever lynched in TOTAL by whites!! I would love to see the actual statistics. Many times these things are blown completely out of proportion to make whites feel guilty and later when you see the stats you wonder what the fuss was all about.

As for Oprah, well, I think her agenda is largely crafted by her all white Liberal staff! (Sssh, the S.African Govt and Media will *NEVER* want to discuss Oprah's tendency to only hire WHITES!!! But I have heard this fact confirmed by someone who actually dealt with Oprah's staff here in S.Africa!) Oprah talks black but hires white! If you really think about it, this school, and Oprah and the kids... how many WHITES from S.Africa and the USA were actually involved in creating this? A LOT!! Jan]

Yes, Oprah spends R60 million on schools in Africa instead of the United States. Her excuse is the children in Africa want to learn, unlike the children in the inner cities of the USA, who only make trouble.

The main point to this all, is Oprah is a RACIST. Can you even imagine a White man, say Bill Gates, trying to contribute funding to an all WHITE school for White children only? People like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would not only call him racist, but they would do their best to destroy him and bankrupt his businesses. Our US government would call it illegal and shut the school down unless minorities were allowed to go to the school.

Why don't the blacks at least admit that they are incapable of producing prosperity without the aid from the White man. At least there would be honest reasons as to WHY they fail at EVERYTHING they do. The reason they fail is twofold:

(1) They are born with a low IQ and this is unchanging without help from a supreme being "God".
2) They have extreme levels of aggression and little self control. This is genetic and inherent in all blacks.

Funny thing, even the Bible says nothing against slavery, just that the slaves should be treated well and they must rest on the 7th day. Most blacks were far better off as slaves than they are today.

Did you know that blacks kill more blacks in one year than were lynched in a century. "The number of blacks killed in 2005 in this one homicide category alone approaches the total of all the blacks lynched in this country from 1882 to 1968, according to records maintained by Tuskegee University."

And of course we cannot forget the section about "racist Jokes"...which I refuse to post....there are many other just as racist material on that site....plenty of it....but this is the mentality of the site you drew that article from?

Is this the information that makes you such an expert on Africa? Well just a little FYI.....the indigenous people of Africa are ...you guessed it...."BLACK"...and that is their country

How dare you suggest that they're mentality is less then able to farm...they probably worked those farms for the white men running them.

Do you remember

South Africa under apartheid

Racial segregation in South Africa began in colonial times, but apartheid as an official policy was introduced following the general election of 1948. New legislation classified inhabitants into racial groups ("black", "white", "coloured", and "Indian"), and residential areas were segregated by means of forced removals. From 1958, Blacks were deprived of their citizenship, legally becoming citizens of one of ten tribally based self-governing homelands called bantustans, four of which became nominally independent states. The government segregated education, medical care, and other public services, and provided black people with services inferior to those of whites.
Apartheid sparked significant internal resistance.[1] A series of popular uprisings and protests were met with the banning of opposition and imprisoning of anti-apartheid leaders. As unrest spread and became more violent, state organizations responded with increasing repression and state-sponsored violence.

I am simply stunned and shocked that you would endorse this site.....it is pure racism .....shocking at best.....and since you seem to endorse this site with posts of that nature...does that mean you are a racist?

Last edited by BROOK; 09-24-2009 at 03:36 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:55 PM   #206
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Why don't the blacks at least admit that they are incapable of producing prosperity without the aid from the White man. At least there would be honest reasons as to WHY they fail at EVERYTHING they do. The reason they fail is twofold:

(1) They are born with a low IQ and this is unchanging without help from a supreme being "God".
2) They have extreme levels of aggression and little self control. This is genetic and inherent in all blacks.

Funny thing, even the Bible says nothing against slavery, just that the slaves should be treated well and they must rest on the 7th day. Most blacks were far better off as slaves than they are today.

Did you know that blacks kill more blacks in one year than were lynched in a century. "The number of blacks killed in 2005 in this one homicide category alone approaches the total of all the blacks lynched in this country from 1882 to 1968, according to records maintained by Tuskegee University."

II am simply stunned and shocked that you would endorse this site..

[/COLOR]
I must say I am stunned too ! Needless to say that this is narrow minded thinking.
I would 'nt let the solving of population growth in the hands of people holding such views
no matter how " intelligent " they think they are.

Where is the LOVE ?

peace
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 09-23-2009 at 10:14 PM.
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:21 PM   #207
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
I must say I am stunned too ! Needless to say that this is narrow minded thinking.
I would 'nt let the solving of population growth in the hands of people holding such views
no matter how " intelligent " they think they are.

Where is the LOVE ?

peace
mudra
Yes Mudra They call that ....
Eugenics

Eugenics is the study of, or belief in, the possibility of improving the qualities of the human species or a human population by such means as discouraging reproduction by persons having genetic defects or presumed to have inheritable undesirable traits (negative eugenics) or encouraging reproduction by persons presumed to have inheritable desirable traits (positive eugenics)."[2] Prominent in the late 19th century and the Progressive Era, eugenics became a core tenet of some of the policies behind Adolf Hitler's Nazi regime.

Remember Hitler????? The pure white race

There is a shop on that site...and I bet they offer pure white sheets

Last edited by BROOK; 09-23-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:31 PM   #208
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

RaKaR....I know you and I strongly disagree on this subject..but I know your heart is in the right place.....so I want anyone reading this to understand ...that I know RaKaR..does not subscribe to this line of thinking...it's too bad it veered into this subject..but it just shows that this form of thinking is still around...and it saddens me very much to think there are those who have not progressed beyond such hatred.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:51 AM   #209
manticore
Avalon Senior Member

The powers that be want to reduce the population? Yes.

Is there overpopulation? That depends on who you ask.

There is definitely a correlation between education/industrialization and population levels. Take France as an example. They are experiencing negative birth rate/growth. When you have negative growth, your society eventually dies. You have to always have even growth (same number for each birth and death) to at least maintain your society. That is why they have opened the doors to immigration. In the next 20-30 years, ethnic French will be the minority. Russia and Japan are experiencing the same and Japan is in trouble because it is a very homogeneous society. The same occurs with couples who marry later in life. They seem to have less children, unless it is religiously motivated.

I spent some time in Singapore in the 90's. At the time, Singapore was experiencing negative growth. The government funded Singles' Cruises. If you were single, the government would pay for the entire trip. That was a solution, instead of opening the door to immigrants, which they have also done. Once the numbers got back on track, they stop funding the program.

This is definitely a very hot topic, but worthy of discussion. Gosh, even a show would be ideal to discuss this from both perspectives. I saw someone talk about that we will not be able to reach Type 1 civilization if we cannot tap into renewable resources. Well, as Clif High said during my last show, we already have that capability. That's when I interjected and told him that TPTB have the capability and are not releasing it to us, therefore keeping us at Type/Class 00.

All you need to do is drive throug the United States, Canada and Australia. Get out of the cities. You will see hundreds and hundreds of empty miles. We can see how two countries that experience "too much" population deal with it. China has a one child policy and India does not. India is exploding in that regard and will soon, if not yet, surpass China as the most populated country.

I may get some heat by saying this but I think overpopulation, just like global warming, is a surgically engineered thought by TPTB, so that in the event we are taxed for anything (carbon tax), they can claim it's for the good of the planet and if they device another form of depopulation control (i.e., swine flu vaccinations / chemtrails), it's all to keep overpopulation population and the limited resources under control.

Someone mentioned that releasing AIDS was a way to reduce population. I agree that they want to reduce certain segments of the population (including Africa). However, take South Africa as an example. Many of the young are working just to support the sick and the productive population is always at risk from this. You cannot survive when a small portion is supporting the majority.

Folks, sometimes we have to step outside our paradigms to see the true reality. Mental programming/conditioning is happening 24/7.

All the best,

Mel

Last edited by manticore; 09-24-2009 at 01:18 AM.
manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:08 AM   #210
artvision
Avalon Senior Member

RaKaR,

Sorry I didn't want insult you on this thread, we are criticizing ideas, not people; I was moderated for that. Just I felt the urge to inform that I'm totally in disagreement with your idea!

I walked all the world and I want to confirm you that all people are similar.

Everybody likes the good things of life, all hate the bads. If you pinch someone the same red blood is going out, even skin different color...

Everywhere are good people and bad people. Smart or stupid, etc.

HUMANS are not GOD!

Let's leave God with his business and us with ours!

Last edited by artvision; 09-24-2009 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Correction
artvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:13 AM   #211
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

What you posted reminded me of this article Mel...

Quote:
The cry should go up in Europe: more babies, please
From The Times

Melanie McDonagh

Of all the bogeys you might have thought well and truly nailed in the past decade or so, the population control movement seemed most obviously to have a stake through its heart. At a time when we – I mean, anyone over 35 – are all horribly conscious that there won’t be enough taxpayers to support us in gin and cigarettes in our old age, the very last thing we need to worry about is excess population growth. On the contrary: as seen from the dinner party circuit, the real crisis is the difficulty for female graduates in getting anyone to breed with. Forty per cent of women graduates don’t have a single baby at the age of 35.

But, against all the odds, the population control lobby is back and trying to make the breeders feel guilty. The Optimum Population Trust – a wonderfully loaded title – made a call this week for families in the UK to limit themselves to no more than two children. It was like stepping into a time warp, back to the Seventies. Britain’s birthrate, growing at its fastest for nearly 30 years – at 1.87 children per couple – is, says the author of its report, Professor John Guillebaud, an environmental liability. “Each new UK birth, through the inevitable resource consumption and pollution that UK affluence generates, is responsible for about 160 times as much climate-related environmental damage as a new birth in Ethiopia.” He wants the Government to appeal to families to “stop at two children”, with particular reference to fecund teenage girls. Funny, I dimly recall Patricia Hewitt, as Health Secretary, opining that couples ought to have three children – one for each parent, and one for the State.

And there is the hint – but just a hint – from the Optimum Population people that if voluntary restraints do not work, governments will bring in coercive measures. The example that springs to mind here is, of course, China and its compulsory one-child policy. I’ve come across some distinguished academics myself who wouldn’t dream of trying to impose coerced abortion here but have made it quite clear, in private conversation, that we should all be grateful on environmental grounds that it happens in China.

Most environmentalists are more sensitive, at least in their public pronouncements. But undeniably, population control is back on the public agenda. There was a nuanced BBC radio discussion on this subject to coincide with the Live Earth concert between the writer George Monbiot and Chris Rapley, the head of the British Antarctic Survey, in which Professor Rapley declared that population growth was the “Cinderella subject” in the environmental debate. More people equals more carbon emissions: simple as that. Monbiot agreed that the subject was not talked about as much as it should be and emphasised that if we’re talking about population control, we have to worry not just about the developing world but about the breeding habits of the affluent West. About us.

That sounds dandy. The nice approach to curbing population growth is by making family planning more freely available in the developing world and in particular, to educate girls, who then marry later and have fewer children. The complementary route is to increase economic growth in developing countries: when people don’t have to rely on children as their seed corn for old age, they tend to have smaller families. Trouble is, increased economic
growth also means higher carbon emissions. You can’t win.

But when it comes to the suggestion that in Western Europe, and especially Britain, we should be cutting back on babies, especially among the indigenous population, well, the family planners have got to be nuts. Do they all have private pension provision, own homes and health insurance, or what? The rest of us – including those, like me, who are eco-puritans – have a vested interest in ensuring that the Continent does not shrink out of existence. We’ve got our old age to think about. The price of family homes in Britain and Ireland is already the most effective contraceptive measure ever known.

Don’t the environmentalists get out at all? Don’t they realise that there are only two classes in Britain for whom three or more children are an option – the rich, for whom mortgages don’t matter, and the poor, whose children are supported by the benefit system? The increase in the birth rate this year was largely accounted for by immigrants and older, richer mothers. One reason why there's such resentment – articulated by the Labour minister Margaret Hodge – among white working-class Britons about asylum-seekers with children getting social housing ahead of them is that the system seems to discriminate against couples who postpone having children until they can afford them in favour of ethnic minority communities with large families.

Europe needs more babies – the average continental family has a mere 1.37 children. Cutting back non-EU immigration to limit pressure on housing stock would help. So would state cash handouts. In Portugal, where the birthrate has fallen to 1.7 children per couple, the Government has considered giving tax breaks to people who have more than two children and levying higher taxes on those who have fewer. Germany is similarly concerned – it could lose the equivalent of the population of the former East Germany within 50 years. Russia’s population is contracting at the rate of three quarters of a million a year: the resourceful Mr Putin is paying mothers to have a second child.

The last thing we should be doing is bullying people to breed less. The population controllers have to be put back in their box. You know, Augustus Caesar had a tax on Roman bachelors. With due allowances for gay men and professional celibates, there’s lots to be said for the idea.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle2067023.ece
Old 09-24-2009, 03:19 AM   #212
Bobbie
Avalon Senior Member

And....don't forget we've got the whole inside of the globe to populate as long as we stay clear of the moulton lava, etc.
To me it's about having a responsible population, regardless of the number. The world is becoming more aware everywhere, not everyone, but everywhere.

IMHO, I think that in time we will live in a world that we will have 2 or 10 kids if we can afford them - if we can provide for them and have the capacity to love them, which is the right of any child. Population control is not the answer, but rather knowledge, light, love and learning to take responsibility for our actions is. Fear, greed and irresponsibility has not served humanity well. I'm sure looking forward to it.

Quote:
SIX BILLION people can fit into the state of Texas

Bobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:23 AM   #213
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie View Post
And....don't forget we've got the whole inside of the globe to populate as long as we stay clear of the moulton lava, etc.
To me it's about having a responsible population, regardless of the number. The world is becoming more aware everywhere, not everyone, but everywhere.

IMHO, I think that in time we will live in a world that we will have 2 or 10 kids if we can afford them - if we can provide for them and have the capacity to love them, which is the right of any child. Population control is not the answer, but rather knowledge, light, love and learning to take responsibility for our actions is. Fear, greed and irresponsibility has not served humanity well. I'm sure looking forward to it.

Well said....I'm looking forward to it as well

And welcome Bobbie to the forum
Old 09-24-2009, 03:28 AM   #214
Bobbie
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Brook....BTW, I love your avatar. I have a lamp that looks like that when it's turned on.

Quote:
Well said....I'm looking forward to it as well

And welcome Bobbie to the forum
Bobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:37 AM   #215
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manticore View Post
All you need to do is drive through the United States, Canada and Australia. Get out of the cities. You will see hundreds and hundreds of empty miles.
I have always lived outside cities. The hundreds and hundreds of miles are not empty, although they may appear to be so to someone who has lived their whole life in a city.

Mankind needs forests, our forest land is shrinking due to mankind's using lumber at a rate faster than regrowth. Mankind needs agriculture land, but to have productive farm land, you need WATER, and here in California, water is so regulated by the California Water Resources Control Board, that neither humans nor agriculture can count on increasing water supplies. More and more communities are experiencing mandated water rationing, because we have reached the point where more people have to share less water. Watersheds are tightly regulated.

I've worked with County Planning departments. Land use is facing tough battles everywhere, as we want sustainable communities and we want to save ag land, yet where are our grandchildren going to live? So they build more and more condominiums with no yards, more high rise apartments, where the children have no place to play.

Planning departments don't encourage 'urban sprawl', as the costs to cities to provide sewer and water to 'spread out' houses, is higher than they can afford. So the developers just build more houses on postage size lots with no back yards to speak off.

People think there are hundreds of empty miles that somehow are available to turn into "something", not realizing there is NO water available, NO natural resources or industries to provide jobs.

What is happening to our natural resources? How many years do we have left? http://www.newscientist.com/data/ima...5/26051202.jpg

Clean water and the availability of ag land is a major consideration to our survival on this planet. Where are we going to find huge quantities of ag land and water for future generations?
Old 09-24-2009, 03:43 AM   #216
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyT View Post
Where are we going to find huge quantities of ag land and water for future generations?
Seawater Desalination in California

CHAPTER ONE: BACKGROUND

• Desalination Plants Worldwide
  • Desalination Technologies
    • Reverse Osmosis (RO)
    • Distillation
  • Input Water (Feedwater)
  • Product Water
  • Product Water Recovery
  • Pretreatment Processes
  • Filter Backwashing, Membrane Cleaning and Storage, Scaling Prevention and Removal, and Pipeline Cleaning
  • Waste Discharges
  • Energy Use
  • Comparison of Distillation and Reverse Osmosis Technologies
  • Costs of Desalinated Water
  • Costs of Other Water Sources
Desalination Plants Worldwide

Of the more than 7,500 desalination plants in operation worldwide, 60% are located in the Middle East. The world's largest plant in Saudi Arabia produces 128 MGD of desalted water. In contrast, 12% of the world's capacity is produced in the Americas, with most of the plants located in the Caribbean and Florida. To date, only a limited number of desalination plants have been built along the California coast, primarily because the cost of desalination is generally higher than the costs of other water supply alternatives available in California (e.g., water transfers and groundwater pumping). However, as drought conditions occur and concern over water availability increases, desalination projects are being proposed at numerous locations in the state.
Desalination Technologies

Desalination is a process that removes dissolved minerals (including but not limited to salt) from seawater, brackish water, or treated wastewater. A number of technologies have been developed for desalination, including reverse osmosis (RO), distillation, electrodialysis, and vacuum freezing. Two of these technologies, RO and distillation, are being considered by municipalities, water districts, and private companies for development of seawater desalination in California. These methods are described below.

http://www.coastal.ca.gov/desalrpt/dchap1.html

Last edited by BROOK; 09-24-2009 at 04:14 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:52 AM   #217
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Planning departments don't encourage 'urban sprawl', as the costs to cities to provide sewer and water to 'spread out' houses, is higher than they can afford
How about using that money they spend on WARS
Old 09-24-2009, 03:55 AM   #218
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
People think there are hundreds of empty miles that somehow are available to turn into "something", not realizing there is NO water available, NO natural resources or industries to provide jobs.
Half empty? ...or half full?

Last edited by BROOK; 09-24-2009 at 04:43 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:41 AM   #219
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

i bet African problems had been much less serious before the whites got there. They still are manipulating people there...remember the genocide in Rwanda? UN didn't send troops there to stop it but soldiers went to Iraq to fight fot human rights....ridiculous, isn't it
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:51 AM   #220
TheObserver
Avalon Senior Member

And don't forget the bs in Darfur/Sudan.

ps: love the cat burgundia!
TheObserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:08 AM   #221
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
i bet African problems had been much less serious before the whites got there. They still are manipulating people there...remember the genocide in Rwanda? UN didn't send troops there to stop it but soldiers went to Iraq to fight for human rights....ridiculous, isn't it
Absolutely...they might have been able to start their own Farms
Old 09-24-2009, 07:09 AM   #222
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
How about using that money they spend on WARS
Assuming you're talking about the US government, how soon do you think you are going to get Congress to change their mind on the military budget?

They can't even agree on health care....

Wishful thinking, but I'll be waiting... and waiting... and waiting..
Old 09-24-2009, 07:25 AM   #223
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
i bet African problems had been much less serious before the whites got there. They still are manipulating people there...remember the genocide in Rwanda? UN didn't send troops there to stop it but soldiers went to Iraq to fight fot human rights....ridiculous, isn't it
If this is an example of "problems before the whites got there"...it's no comparision. Rwanda was an ethic battle within the country, basically a civil war.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/1288230.stm?lss
"Between April and June 1994, an estimated 800,000 Rwandans were killed in the space of 100 days.

Most of the dead were Tutsis - and most of those who perpetrated the violence were Hutus.

Ethnic tension in Rwanda is nothing new. There have been always been disagreements between the majority Hutus and minority Tutsis, but the animosity between them has grown substantially since the colonial period.

1994: RWANDA'S GENOCIDE

The two ethnic groups are actually very similar - they speak the same language, inhabit the same areas and follow the same traditions. "
Old 09-24-2009, 07:53 AM   #224
manticore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hello burgundia,

Actually, problems started happening when the land in the African continent was conquered. Natives in Africa lived in peace and tribes were usually divided by rivers. After the new lines of demarcation were established by the "conquerors" everything changed and Africa today is mostly looked upon as a source minerals and other resources.

Cheers,

Mel
manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:11 AM   #225
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

I do my part by not getting pregnant. That however does not mean that I do not want to be a mother. My husband and I have chosen to adopt when we are in a position to do so. The change needs to start personally with us, first.

Peace of Mind,
Wormhole
Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, awareness, choice, responsibility