Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
lemon_sky88
Avalon Senior Member

Default Obama, what are you doing?

http://www.newser.com/story/60473/ob...yber-czar.html

Ahhh anouther CZAR, just what america needed. now were safe and comfy and everything is nice. WRONG>!! if they mess with my internet im going on a mission (peaceful of course) But they will no longer hear from me on here i will be on the streets shouting at the top of my lungs! Milarky I tell ya! Any thoughts?
lemon_sky88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #2
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Obama, what are you doing?

People will get fairly upset if they try and take away or mess with the internet much more... As much as they want to do it and surely that's what this czar is for, I don't think it's a smart move for them politically speaking...
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:43 AM   #3
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Don't freak out, it's not about us, it's about military and government and infrastructure.

Obama setting up better security for computers,

WASHINGTON (AP) -- America has failed for too long to protect the security of its computer networks, President Barack Obama said Friday, announcing he will name a new cyber czar to press for action.

Surrounded by a slew of government officials, aides and corporate executives, Obama said the U.S. has reached a "transformational moment" when computer networks are probed and attacked millions of times a day.

"It's now clear this cyber threat is one of the most serious economic and national security challenges we face as a nation," Obama said, adding, "We're not as prepared as we should be, as a government or as a country."

He said he will soon pick the person he wants to head a new White House office of cyber security, and that person will report to the National Security Council and the National Economic Council -- a nod to his contention that the country's economic prosperity depends on cybersecurity.

While the coordinator's exact title has not yet been decided, Obama addressed concerns that the person might not have the budgetary and policy-making authority needed to force change. The coordinator, he said, will have "regular access to me."

As many as a half dozen candidates -- from the public and private sector -- are being considered for the job, according to officials familiar with the discussions.

Obama's announcement comes as the Pentagon is poised to create a new cyber command to improve protection of military networks and coordinate its offensive and defensive cyber missions.

Government officials have grown increasingly alarmed as U.S. computer networks are repeatedly assailed by attacks and scams, ranging from nuisance hacking to more nefarious probes and attacks, including suspicions of cyber espionage by other nations, such as China. Officials earlier this year revealed there was an attack against the electrical grid, and computers at the Pentagon were infected by a virus.

Even the president was a victim.

Obama said his presidential campaign's own computer system was attacked last year, and hackers gained access to e-mails and filed, but not to contributors or financial information.

"It was a powerful reminder: In this Information Age, one of your greatest strengths -- in our case, our ability to communicate to a wide range of supporters through the Internet -- could also be one of your greatest vulnerabilities," said Obama.

Laying out a broad five-point plan, the president said the U.S. must provide the education required to keep pace with technology and attract and retain a cyber-savvy work force. He called for a new education campaign to raise public awareness of the challenges and threats related to cyber security.

The newly interconnected world offers great promise, but it also presents significant peril, the president said, declaring: "Cyberspace is real, and so are the risks that comes with it."

He assured the business community, however, that the government will not dictate how private industry should tighten digital defenses. And he made it clear that the new cyber security effort will not involve any monitoring of private networks or individual e-mail accounts.

The Internet, he said, should remain open and free.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Obama-...-15385624.html
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:53 AM   #4
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
The Internet, he said, should remain open and free.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Obama-...-15385624.html
Until of course a false flag i9/11?
Old 05-30-2009, 01:16 AM   #5
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Chakras View Post
Until of course a false flag i9/11?
Cynic

Come on, it will have to stay open and free for lots of reasons. Commercial driven forces will mess with what people got to understand as "norms", like what is going on with Yahoo and Google, but we will adapt. There will always be free flows of information from places like this (PA/PC) for example.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:32 PM   #6
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

What I mean by my comment is not necessarilly that they will successfully shut down the information flow or change the internet in a very negative way, but my suggestion is that boy, they sure do want to!

Senate bills 773, 778 are all about that:

http://pakalert.wordpress.com/2009/0...-the-internet/

I do not doubt that there are plans laid out to do so, and a 'security czar' is like the patriot act, not used until the time presents itself.

That being said, I am in no way cynical about the future, I believe a great awakening is coming and the people themselves will not continue to fall for the lies of the elite for much longer.

First though, I think we need to learn where the real power lies... not outside of us, not with an elite group, not with technologically advanced aliens, not in a church or religion, but inside of us...

Optimistically, I think we are about to learn that and take back our power, but it takes forerunners to do that, and hopefully some of the people here are willing to step up
Old 05-31-2009, 06:15 PM   #7
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

They'll only take it away if we let them.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:46 PM   #8
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Internet2 is already well on the way.
http://www.internet2.edu/

I love how nice they make it sound.
But in reality it will be like cable tv.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:25 PM   #9
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
They'll only take it away if we let them.
Precisely.

Note however, YouTube and Google video have been working to censor stuff for a while now... For example, Alex Jones channels keep getting cut off due to 'copyright issues' just because they hold up a newspaper article during their videos.

it is important to inform people of what's going on in general so that we can wake up and put a stop to it.