Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:08 PM   #1
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Default Indian Probe - Large Quan. of Water On Moon

So, after 50 years of NASA telling us, "Nothing to see here, move along. Just a dead rock in space..."

Dreams of establishing a manned Moon base could become reality within two decades after India’s first lunar mission found evidence of large quantities of water on its surface.

Data from Chandrayaan-1 also suggests that water is still being formed on the Moon. Scientists said the breakthrough — to be announced by Nasa at a press conference today — would change the face of lunar exploration.

The discovery is a significant boost for India in its space race against China. Dr Mylswamy Annadurai, the mission’s project director at the Indian Space Research Organisation in Bangalore, said: “It’s very satisfying.”

[...]

Dr Annadurai would not provide any further details before a news conference at Nasa today from Dr Carle Pieters, a planetary geologist of Brown University who oversaw the M3.

Dr Pieters has not spoken about her results so far and was not available for comment last night, according to colleagues at Brown University. But her results are expected to cause a sensation, and to set the agenda for lunar exploration in the next decade.

Rest of story here.

Imagine that! A "dead rock in space" with water still forming. huh!

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:19 AM   #2
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Indian Probe - Large Quan. of Water On Moon

You mean they did not see the manned moon bases already there and say, "I wonder if they will let us hang out there". How about moon bases 2 decades ago.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:21 AM   #3
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Well when I read in the story that:
  • The release of this information was coordinated with NASA, and
  • That they held it up until it could be handled that way,
the truth, was probably in trouble, or on life support.

I'm thinking of following the links through to the press releases, and press conference on this. I wonder if anyone asked NASA how a dead rock, with little atmosphere is producing water no one could "find" until someone besides 'NASA owned' groups went there?

Old 09-26-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Exactly, it is a smoke screen. People will be like "Wow there is water on the moon" and talk about that instead of all of the testimony from different independent people about how we have had bases there since the 60's. The old dog and pony show.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:47 PM   #5
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Ok, I did a google late last nite, and the first hit I came up on the subject with a nasa.gov link has the feel of a fairy tale. It's basically a "gosh we sure tried, but we don't know" story with a 40-year history.

The 2nd NASA hit is right here. It wasn't a tricky search either, I went to Google and types in: water on the moon
and let fly.

This 2nd link? it's dead. "connection was reset". Here is the summary that came with the link on the search page:
"There is no other source of water on the Moon, and shipping water to the Moon for use by humans would be extremely expensive ($2000 to $20000 per kg). ..."
Now, I know this is "a bit" presumptive, and such but, anyone else wanna guess with me where the above conversation was going?

I'm guessing it's probably more of the usual, "Nothing to see here, move along. Just a dead rock in space..."

NASA is such a consistent disappointment. I really do believe we'd be farther out in space is we simply hired monkeys to throw rocks up in the air... and took notes.

Fred

Old 09-27-2009, 03:52 PM   #6
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

There is odd stuff at NASA, indeed.

Court: NASA Can't Investigate Employees' Medical Records, Finances, Sex Lives

Low-risk employees of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory won their lawsuit to prevent the government from investigating their financial and medical records, questioning their friends and learning about their sex lives before issuing them ID cards. http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=67613

I read a blog of a husband of a NASA employee. She was subjected to all kinds of grills to obtain clearance. A lot of people quit. It's bookmarked elsewhere. I'll have to dig it up. There was a whistleblower who came out about it too.

Last edited by no caste; 09-27-2009 at 03:55 PM.
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #7
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post
The old dog and pony show.

Here's something I saw just now looking for the NASA employee blog.

December 13, 2007
Review of DARK MISSION by a former NASA employee substantiates Hoagland's claims
Key Findings from Dark Mission:
1. NASA is a defense agency of the US Government per the original agency charter.
2. NASA withholds data of non-human intelligence for the good of human society per "Brookings."
http://feralhouse.com/fh_blog/archiv...ew_of_dark.php

Brookings Institute

The Brookings Institution building near Dupont Circle in Washington, D.C.

From Wikipedia -

Brookings traces its history back to 1916... Brookings ranked as the second-most influential and first in credibility among 27 think tanks.

Which, again, changed - right before my eyes! -

1916-1979

Brookings was founded in 1916 as the Institute for Government Research (IGR) with the mission of becoming "the first private organization devoted to analyzing public policy issues at the national level."[46]

The Institution's founder, philanthropist Robert S. Brookings (1850–1932), originally financed the formation of three organizations: the Institute for Government Research, the Institute of Economics, and the Robert Brookings Graduate School.[3] The three were merged into the Brookings Institution in 1927.[3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brookings_Institution

The Think Tank Field Guide
'The Scholars'
* Brookings Institution, United States
* Council on Foreign Relations, United States
* Chatham House, Britain
* Danish Institute of International Studies, Denmark
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/c...?story_id=4598
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:10 PM   #8
feardia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post
Exactly, it is a smoke screen. People will be like "Wow there is water on the moon" and talk about that instead of all of the testimony from different independent people about how we have had bases there since the 60's. The old dog and pony show.
who is we?
feardia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
india, moon, nasa, water