Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you leaving after the Forum becomes a Paid Subscription?
I am leaving if Avalon is a Paid Subscription. 266 75.78%
I am not leaving. 85 24.22%
Voters: 351. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2008, 09:44 PM   #226
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Will you leave if the forum is a Paid Subscription?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relin View Post
"It seems people are confused about the nature of non-profit and for-profit. PA and PC cost money to run. The mods aren't making any money and I doubt Bill and Kerry and setting anything aside for retirement. Anyway, check out the cost of gas, hotels and plane tickets back and forth between Arizona and Vegas and Australia and Russia and the rest of Europe, and you'll get an idea of what kind of money it takes to bring us the videos they let us see."

Did anyone put a gun to your head and tell you that you had to do this project. I enjoy doing many things that take up my time and effort, but you dont see me crying poor and asking people to support me in my hobbies.

Only people who don't plan or invest wisely would be having financial problems. I've always been sceptical about the ultimate goals of PC. In my opinion it's nothing more than another income stream for the Bill and Kerry retirement fund... PC is all hype and no substance..

If you're both strapped for cash why don't you do what the majority of humanity does - work for a living.
insta ban this troll moron also lol @ retiring.. what planet are you on shmuck.. what aare you doing here?? expecting life to carry on as normal ?? we dont need your sort on here ty.
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:22 AM   #227
dreb13
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ryan View Post
* Having read all comments and suggestions, we're now thinking of an extremely modest $1 per month subscription - with the option, when registering, of choosing to add-on a regular, small voluntary monthly donation.
2,709 active members as of 11/17/08
2709 * $1 a month = $2,709 a month.
$2,709 a month * 12 months = $32,508 a year

A buck a month sounds like it could go a long way....imagine $2 bucks
dreb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:51 AM   #228
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Can we wait until the $ crashes before we pay???
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:57 AM   #229
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
2,709 active members as of 11/17/08
2709 * $1 a month = $2,709 a month.
$2,709 a month * 12 months = $32,508 a year
That's assuming everyone subscribes. Take away my dollar..
Dean Plejaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #230
deepblu777
Avalon Senior Member

WANTED: Job that pays me more than the $26.32 a day. I work for the school system and that's what I make...unless school is closed,
then I make -0-.

I feel for everyone trying to get by, these guys are doing a great job and I sure don't expect them to do it for free, either.

All my best wishes for us all...I'll still check in to read and look for new links to info. I will appreciate that, VERY MUCH!

I won't be able to thank you again or offer up any thoughts but I still have my own energy to put out there, so that will have to do.

Been nice communicating!

Love to all the Folks!

deepblu777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:09 PM   #231
Deathstar
Avalon Senior Member

Why does it always come down to the money, it's so sad. I hope PC and PA don't become like other sites with paid subscriptions. The information needs to be out for free to everyone......! I've they want change a paid subscription isn't the solution, most people will leave and find an other free places to exchange free information.

I understand it from a cost based picture but if you can't afford it close it, simple!

Peace.
Deathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:21 PM   #232
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Why does it always come down to the money
Because of mindcontrol..........

With me or anyone I co-operate with it doesn't. People come first. Anything else is secondary. Empowerment of the individual first through collective co-operation.
Dean Plejaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:40 PM   #233
dreb13
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Plejaren View Post
That's assuming everyone subscribes. Take away my dollar..
I chose "active members" in that figure and not "members" assuming that most of the active members would chip in a buck a month.

There are 5,327 "members" listed as of 11/18/08 and I assume that most of them will not pay a fee to post on the forum.
dreb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #234
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

All the info will remain 100% free from my understanding.
Anybody can view - no different from what it is now.

The only slightly backward thing is - if you have information or wish to express your opinion/ideas YOU will have to pay get it out there! Weird.
So, do you feel your info. good valuable enough to share?

Peace
Iain
iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:49 PM   #235
yikes!
Avalon Senior Member

I think I can swing a $1, count me in for that during these hard times.
yikes! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:13 PM   #236
ADAM KADMON
Avalon Senior Member

Bill Ryan,

I have written you a PM suggesting more profitable alternatives rather than converting the forum to a paid subscription. I hope you will find time to read my message and respond, I think it would benefit everyone here and allow us to keep this forum for free which I think is ideal for everyone involved.

Since I've been doing internet marketing for the better part of 10 years, I know from personal experience subscription based forums, while appealing to the owner, does not appeal to many others. And the "fall out" of people would be great. If you have 2,700 members now, and 1/2 of them are active, you can count on only 20-30% of those active users sticking around once it's being switched to a paid model. Further, merchant accounts and automatic rebilling software and interfaces have a monthly operating cost. Finally, the fall out of peoples credit cards expiring, declines, and charge backs can quickly eat up any margins profits a model like this might bring in...

Thus, I propose a solution that will your supports will respond positively too and rather than dimish your following and subscriber base, indeed raise it and be vastly more profitable. I do hope, you will find the time to respond as it addresses everyone's needs and employs a skill-set I am proud to say have made me financially well off.

Hope to hear back,
Adam K.
ADAM KADMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:43 AM   #237
Nebula

I haven't read thru every post on this thread, so i don't know if anyone has suggested the following! if so my apologies in advance.

-how about asking for free will donations from members! whichever amount one can afford to donate!
Old 11-19-2008, 01:04 AM   #238
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

I posted this to the new threads that have popped up on this subject - and I will read through the posts here to present any ideas and suggestions to Bill and Kerry and the mod team.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you cannot afford the minimal option of $1 per month, there will be other options available. Some members will gift in those who cannot pay. You could help out the project in some way. Just let us know ... post a Private Message to me or post here if you would like to find an option to stay.

The only limit is the lack of imagination to pursue solutions. We will do what is possible for those who want to stay.

For those who are leaving based on philosophical objections, without some income, Bill and Kerry will not be able to continue their work. This subscription fee is just one of many ideas, but others will take more time to implement.

Brainstorming ideas is encouraged. Please do not be disparaged.

Karen
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:50 AM   #239
Rebel4Life
Avalon Senior Member

hmmm will our stuff that we post get censored? I had a thread going and someone closed it down...why? Too much truth getting out there? An actual solution to the problem? I had a thread on common law going in case your wondering what it was about...
Rebel4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:52 AM   #240
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

i have not read this entire thread, but the pages i did read had many valid points concerning charging for the FORUM. the information that PC puts out into the world, has opened many doors for many people. obviously, here we all are. B&K have been doing this for free for many years. they are still not asking people to pay for the information they gather. in fact, i think in the announcement made by PC the entire forum will be able to be accessed by whomever would like to read it.

i make this point because this forum is how all of US came to meet one another. be grateful to have such outrageous companionship and the ability to connect with one another keyboard to keyboard. (and for most of us, conscious awareness of the eXchange, energy grid to energy grid)

money is energy. power is having your energy return to you from where ever you left it.

here are some of the questions i asked myself when the paid forum arrived?

has PC assisted you to discern the world with new eyes? were you able to recall your energy from belief systems that were false, and contributing to the madness of slumbering consciousness? can you sacrifice one gallon of gas a month to assist PC to continue on with their journey, and hopefully stir the pot a bit more waking up more folks? can you make a difference with a donation or fee?

we interchange energy everyday, all day long. the world is out of balance because so many people are taking, and not giving. this is not sustainable. this point should be contemplated if you are considering support or non-support for the very people that have been on a march to wake folks up from their slumber.

so the big question is, how can you support the greater shift in consciousness. who are you going to share your energy with, and what will be the experience gained from the eXchange.

i think it is more than obvious, that most of social consciousness is at the tipping point. as a group, we are all standing on the edge of a chasm waiting for someone, or something to come along a give us a nudge. well, i dare say, as a group, we might be standing there for millions of years.

the right use of knowledge is power. we must begin, as that same group, to ACT in ways that support the greater good of everyone. and we have to do this by pushing ourselves over that edge.

this is how we can shift out of the old brain ways, and the consciousness of lack that comes along with focusing on money as value or valuable. the more we resist this collapse of the old brain, the more chaos will be created. this is a powerful teaching from nature herself, and she is about to start her class. it is called LOVE and SURRENDER 101.

so remember folkies, support one another from your hearts.

unlimited mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:59 AM   #241
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4Life View Post
hmmm will our stuff that we post get censored?

No, there is not any censorship as far as ideas. Rude and abrasive attitudes and a few other factors caused several hundred threads to be placed in an out of view review area. We are working on reviewing and restoring them as quickly as possible. The list was notified of this, but we realize it is highly unlikely that everyone can read all the posts.

I had a thread going and someone closed it down...why?

See above. Many threads were moved to the correct topic areas, we are now putting in a place holder to direct you to the new location.

Too much truth getting out there?

No, those types of suppositions have been made more than once, but as far as I know, no thread has been closed for content. I am new to the mod team and I don't know everything yet, but I think I'm right on that one.

An actual solution to the problem? I had a thread on common law going in case your wondering what it was about...

Carol has stated several times, we can find your thread and return it to the forum as soon as possible if you ask. I'll see if I can find it for you. It was mostly a matter of logistics, too many members too fast, too many posts, and not enough moderators/moderators stepping down. We do apologize and are working on making improvements, Karen

You can send me or any mod a private message if you have more questions.

Last edited by Karen; 11-19-2008 at 03:02 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:08 AM   #242
nibiru
Avalon Senior Member

Sounds good and fair...the cosmic lesson for this is : Service to self- service to others in a balanced format.
Just please, i repeat, please open up diversity in payment methods... Not all of the users have credit cards, others do not move around with debit cards and for many others paypal is unexisting in their home countries...maybe a bank account number could work as an option also...and thank you very,very much for opening this forum...
Long live for project avalon !
nibiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:57 AM   #243
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Yes, there will be other payment options, including a PO Box for Snail Mail. PM me if you want to use Snail Mail. I don't have the address now, but will get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibiru View Post
Sounds good and fair...the cosmic lesson for this is : Service to self- service to others in a balanced format.
Just please, i repeat, please open up diversity in payment methods... Not all of the users have credit cards, others do not move around with debit cards and for many others paypal is unexisting in their home countries...maybe a bank account number could work as an option also...and thank you very,very much for opening this forum...
Long live for project avalon !
Old 11-19-2008, 04:06 AM   #244
MAP
Avalon Senior Member

Location: click sing along with me =) ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn0bgdsCxXE
Exclamation Re: Will you leave if the forum is a Paid Subscription?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rn0bgdsCxXE

Last edited by MAP; 11-19-2008 at 07:57 PM.
MAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:25 AM   #245
Help Me Become
Avalon Senior Member

I have to say I would not likely pay a subscription either. By charging a fee you perpetuate the exisitence of the monitory system, the very system that has brought to its knees the world as we know it. What needs to be done to keep it free. Free exchange of ideas and experience is the only way to change our world for the better
Help Me Become is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:48 AM   #246
Rebel4Life
Avalon Senior Member

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=4886 there it is. Why are a selected number under review? I looked in my account any my comments made in that thread are not there no more.
Rebel4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:07 AM   #247
LadyShankari
Avalon Senior Member

oh sorry i got my 75,000 figure from the "posts", sorry my err
LadyShankari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:20 AM   #248
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=4886 there it is. Why are a selected number under review? I looked in my account any my comments made in that thread are not there no more.
hi, that link you posted, it goes to a page not found. are you saying is is back out on the public forum. Can you send a link again? Are there other key words besides common law? Carol explained why threads were being moved to review in a thread here:
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7124
Old 11-19-2008, 08:40 AM   #249
Bill Ryan
Project Avalon Co Founder

Quote:
hmmm will our stuff that we post get censored? I had a thread going and someone closed it down...why? Too much truth getting out there? An actual solution to the problem? I had a thread on common law going in case your wondering what it was about...
Hi, Rebel:

Your thread almost certinly didn't get deleted. VERY few threads ever are. This is a rumor that has started and is just not true.

Some threads are MOVED (to an area where they are better categorized), and some are temporarily moved to a moderators' area for review. There's been a large backlog of these, but many have been sorted out now.

The problem has been that when a thread is bookmarked (or referenced in a blog, e.g.) then it SEEMS not to be there any more, and a rather brutal message shows up which says "You don't have permission to access this page".

It's a limitation of the vBulletin software that we cannot change that message - as best I know. It gives entirely the wrong message. It SHOULD say [something like]

"This thread has been moved to ________ . Please wait while we redirect you", or

"This thread has temporarily been moved to the moderators' area for review, and will be reposted as soon as possible."

We apologize for this limitation, and there's nothing we can do to change the messages or automatically redirect the pages. The solution is to use the Search function to find the threads (or individual posts) - you'll almost always find they're still on the forum.

Very best wisehs, Bill
Bill Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:55 AM   #250
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Are the whistleblowers expected to pay to share their knowledge?
iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum, paid subscription