Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you leaving after the Forum becomes a Paid Subscription?
I am leaving if Avalon is a Paid Subscription. 266 75.78%
I am not leaving. 85 24.22%
Voters: 351. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2008, 09:25 AM   #151
suricatt
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs down Re: Will you leave if the forum is a Paid Subscription?

I'm very surprised you're actually considering paid subscriptions. In my view, it goes against the whole philosophy behind projectcamelot/projectavalon.

...my answer, just for the sake of the poll :
YES, I would leave!

Last edited by suricatt; 11-05-2008 at 09:29 AM.
suricatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #152
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Default Re: Will you leave if the forum is a Paid Subscription?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggywrinkle View Post
Why should I research for you if you are unwilling to give anything in return?
Bit of a selfish attitude there mate.
Do you only give in the hope you will receive something in return???
Good luck in the future.
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #153
ABHA
Avalon Senior Member

Would have to leave, disabled and broke lol
have a great day, and maybe learn how to find sponsors eh
ABHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:25 PM   #154
Baggywrinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Bit of a selfish attitude there mate.
Do you only give in the hope you will receive something in return???
Good luck in the future.
Something for nothing, Chicks for free? Is that YOUR attitude? Are you a dole bludger or still living at home with mum & dad? Box your computer up then, mate, and send it to me. I'll be waiting with my hand out.

A fair exchange of energy rather than the sense of entitlement that you seem to be promoting.

It's called the Golden Rule btw
( I had no idea I would be teaching ethics 101 at Avalon. But there seems to be a crying need)

Last edited by Baggywrinkle; 11-05-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:26 PM   #155
Mark
Avalon Senior Member

I wouldn't wnt to leave if this forum was a paid forum, but would have to leave because I have no money - simple.

Fell a little strange - having this forum brought to us for nothing and then having to pay for it - what's that all about? It's dealing in drugs - you get the first one free and then you come back to me for the rest but you're going to have to pay...
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:47 PM   #156
Baggywrinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I wouldn't wnt to leave if this forum was a paid forum, but would have to leave because I have no money - simple.
That is why I am petitioning for a read only forum
or a labor share for those
who cannot pay So that you still have access to critical information.

I have no idea what Bill Ryan's agenda is, and have no more or less pull than you do.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:55 PM   #157
elsinorelore
Avalon Senior Member

Hey, Ive said it before so Ill say it again; I think of Project Camelot and this forum as 1 hell of an education! Thats my personal opinion, I support everything that Kerry and Bill have brought forward to us, and all of its been for free for so long! They deserve some more support! The fee is still cheap as chips, and whether I believe in or against some the info Ive learned here, its been informative to say the least, & I like to keep my learning open to every side of information thats is brought to this forum...And hey, those that wont stay, thats your option, but I feel youd be losing out on this great tool of opportunity to grow. Ive read alot of things here I dont necessarily agree with, but Ive shared alot of GOOD with descent, open minded indiviuals, which is much more important to me, and even when I dont agree with others, I try to use discernment, and see if theres anything that can be learned from opposite opinions from others. Hate to see anyone go , but oh well, good luck and be well!
elsinorelore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #158
elsinorelore
Avalon Senior Member

sorry, forgot to add this in last time, I cant afford too much, but I can say that I can afford to help out 2 people. Maybe the moderators can figure this out, Im sure alot of us here would be more that happy to help someone out if they can not afford it!
elsinorelore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #159
herbivore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchie View Post
"Alpha Strategy: 1. the first plan for an individual to protect his wealth. 2. the best plan for protecting the basic savings of any individual during times of monetary turmoil."

THIS is what you're preaching on this forums about, in defense to no one wanting to pay your fee?!

first of all, we're all in a time of monetary turmoil right now. period.

secondly, are we not trying to rid ourselves and the earth of monetary and material baggage? that's not being the change you want to see.

thirdly, i myself am very surpised to have seen an avalon researcher like you act like this. you're supposed to be what the groundcrew looks up to in their time of need. instead you're asking for money for the work you VOLUNTARILY started in the first place.

herbivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:39 PM   #160
herbivore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Why should I research for you if you are unwilling to give anything in return?

In a community garden there are shares. Shares may be
earned with labor or with cash. Is it my responsibility to
make sure that you eat when there is no food to be had
and you have done nothing to prepare? To an extent, yes. That is called charity. Are you looking for handouts? I can help. It is free for the taking if you know it exists and you know where to find it. It is priceless, and it will help feed your family in hard times.

http://www.biorationalinstitute.com/...a_strategy.pdf

There, now you can't say I never gave you anything.
Of course, it would be a good idea to support the author by buying a hard copy.

Is it my responsibility to show you how to grow the food
if you are unwilling to lift a finger on my behalf? In community I've got your back, we work together to our mutual benefit. In a welfare society you'd better work harder because they are all depending on you. The mods here are all volunteers. What have you brought them that will help feed their families if the system really does
crash?

In your own community/ground team group, how much
deadwood will you carry before you rebel and say enough?

The right information when I need it in a concise format
without wading through pages of unrelated and often trivial debate. That is priceless. I would pay money for it, big money. Indeed, I have in the past.
this is not a community in which we're all trying to survive, this is an internet forum.

"Is it my responsibility to show you how to grow the food
if you are unwilling to lift a finger on my behalf?" - are you saying that it's not your responsibility to research if we're unwilling to pay you?

in a living community, of course i would carry my wight to keep myself and others alive. but that's a far cry from this internet forum we have here.

first you said the truths that are found here are priceless, yet you're literally putting a price on sharing those truths.

do you sit at this forum all day? and do nothing else to make a living?

"The mods here are all volunteers. What have you brought them that will help feed their families if the system really does
crash? " ARE YOU SERIOUS?

volunteer - 1. a person who voluntarily offers himself or herself for a service or undertaking. 2. a person who performs a service willingly and without pay.

i guess i lost the memo that said i have to pay back anyone who's ever gave me knowledge.

i'm done ranting.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #161
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
Something for nothing, Chicks for free? Is that YOUR attitude? Are you a dole bludger or still living at home with mum & dad? Box your computer up then, mate, and send it to me. I'll be waiting with my hand out.

A fair exchange of energy rather than the sense of entitlement that you seem to be promoting.

It's called the Golden Rule btw
( I had no idea I would be teaching ethics 101 at Avalon. But there seems to be a crying need)
No I happen to be self employed living in my own place helping people when I can thx
I'm a nice bloke thx
Old 11-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #162
milk and honey
Avalon Senior Member

A discussion forum is something that all members contribute their time and knowledge to. No-one should have to pay to participate in an exchange like that.

If you need to charge for something then charge for the product itself... ie.. Project Camelot videos. Perhaps one dollar per view would be fair and would generate a lot of money.

If you insist on disseminating that info for free then choose some other product to sell. A fee for the discussion forum should be the last thing on your list. It is unprecendented i'd say for good reason. It's not fair.

I wouldn't pay to read and contribute what I and other forum members post here. A lot of it is just blather and personal opinion anyway.... which is all very well as a free exchange.

Last edited by milk and honey; 11-05-2008 at 03:59 PM.
milk and honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #163
Ant0ni081
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk and honey View Post
A discussion forum is something that all members contribute their time and knowledge to. No-one should have to pay to participate in an exchange like that.

If you need to charge for something then charge for the product itself... ie.. Project Camelot videos. Perhaps one dollar per view would be fair and would generate a lot of money.

If you insist on disseminating that info for free then choose some other product to sell. A fee for the discussion forum should be the last thing on your list. It is unprecendented i'd say for good reason. It's not fair.

I wouldn't pay to read and contribute what I and other forum members post here. A lot of it is just blather and personal opinion anyway.... which is all very well as a free exchange.
Agree with everything you stated here. Good post and to the point.

We can try to free our minds. . . .but never our wallets it seems lol

Takecare all
Ant0ni081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:22 PM   #164
Worlds Beyond

I'd like to make a suggestion as follows:

Ask for donations/voluntary subs from those who really can afford to help (of which there are many), and keep the forum free access to those who truly cannot afford to pay, to still be able to fully participate...

I know £5 per month might not be much for many, but for others it is .. this is not a sum they have spare each month.. no matter how invaluable this forum is for most people, it would still be classed as non-essential for those who do not have much...

Personally, if I had to pay to access, I'd have to decline.. not simply from personal circumstances, but also because I know that £5 per month can help a lot of truly desperate people in this world...

Much as I like and would miss this valuable place, with a spare £5 I'd rather help put some food or clean water into a truly poor person's belly each month... or actively DO something to help the Billions on Earth who don't have the bare essentials for life... let alone luxury of being able to access the internet or chat forums ...

Blessings
Old 11-05-2008, 04:44 PM   #165
tom
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: Will you leave if the forum is a Paid Subscription?

I suppose i could give up my irish pork link's we all have to make sacrifices.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:06 PM   #166
TAXMASTER
Avalon Senior Member

I think it would be a good idea to have a donate now button tied to paypal and those that receive value will want to pay for it. hopefully that will pay the bills. if it doesn't then there is always plan 2.

Namaste'
TAXMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #167
sammytray
Avalon Senior Member

Build it and they will come!

How about invoking the laws of attraction...

If I were to "ask" for the finances to help humanity, would the finances be there by simply "seeing" the expenses of running this forum/site PAID?

I would pay $5/month for "awakening" as many as possible. Yes I would, I would attract the money to do so.

I would state "if this forum still has more to offer, than the finances will be available" The cost of as many as possible acting as one strong consciousness to help bring in the New paradigm?????? PRICELESS

Ask ye shall receive!
sammytray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:06 PM   #168
Baggywrinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbivore View Post

i'm done ranting.
Is that a promise?

Yes I am very serious.

Set your sense of entitlement aside and pay it forward if you cannot pay it
back. As I have done here for you throughout this forum casting pearls. There never was and never will be a free lunch. What
you learn here may save lives in the future in real time.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:40 PM   #169
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Baggy you need to learn about Karma, that will save your future lives
Old 11-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #170
zorgon

Quote:
There never was and never will be a free lunch.
It's obvious to me you have never been to Vegas

Quote:
What you learn here may save lives in the future in real time.
So I should pay for that? Since I am one of those 'teaching' why should I pay to try to wake you up?

Heck even the Red Cross and St Johns Ambulance give FREE lessons and info on how to save lives...
Old 11-05-2008, 07:00 PM   #171
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorgon View Post
It's obvious to me you have never been to Vegas

So I should pay for that? Since I am one of those 'teaching' why should I pay to try to wake you up?

Heck even the Red Cross and St Johns Ambulance give FREE lessons and info on how to save lives...
I value your opinion Zorgon... but we are teaching eachother. You are not any better than the most offensive or un enlightened member on the fourm...

I agree though... None of us should pay for it
Orion Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:00 PM   #172
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon View Post
I...a while ago, Carol did request to all if the members would like to be a Mod. Whitecrow if you do know or not, the Mods on Avalon-Camelot use their free time to be on here. They do it because they want to, they do not get paid to be here, they pay with their free time to deal with the members.
Of course I know the mods are unpaid. Duh. And yes, I saw the request and I did offer. No one got back to me. And there's no beef! I neither need nor especially want to be a mod...was just offering to help out.

I don't have oodles of free time. I come here every day because I think we are discussing important subjects (mostly). I come here every day because I believe I can contribute. If what the owners want is money instead of my intellectual contributions they're out of luck because I don't have any.

I'm thinking this thread reveals the true intent of the owners.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #173
zorgon

Quote:
So that you still have access to critical information. .
What 'critical' information is that? Most of what is here is taken from hundreds of websites and the rest is purely speculation and hearsay.

Was the GFL ship 'critical' information? What about the non occurring Oct 7th meltdown?

The information brought here is donated for FREE by the members... then sold without a royalty? Hmmm don't we have copy right laws precisely to prevent this?

If I spend hours and weeks researching material and present it to share for FREE, why would I be happy that someone else is now getting paid for my work?

Donations, merchandise and ads... perfectly valid to raise the miniscule money needed to run a forum... in fact if done right you can get rich on it. Some forums have admins that make their living at it

Plane fare, hotel rooms and an expense account? Thats what sponsors are for..
Old 11-05-2008, 07:06 PM   #174
herbivore
Avalon Senior Member

i think you have the answer you were looking for, baggy.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:06 PM   #175
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Morris View Post
You are not any better than the most offensive or un enlightened member on the fourm...
Quite true... you mistook my intent I DID say "one of those" and 'teaching' was in the quotes

Now I gotta run and earn some of that money everyone is talking about

TTFN

Tags
forum, paid subscription