PDA

View Full Version : Having The Strength To Shine

Lazlo
11th June 2011, 15:08
I'm sure we have all experienced it at some time.

It is the experience of feeling full of light and positive energy. You feel expanded, your energy extends beyond the physical limits of your body.

Animals approach you, strangers smile and make eye contact, thoughts and intuitions flow easily, you feel calm and centered, colors are more vivid, sounds are more clear.

It is existing in a state of connection.

The problem is maintaining this state. It is very easy when you are well rested, free from stress and fear, surrounded by loved ones, and in a calm and reflective state of mind.

I "usually" know when I have slipped from this heightened state and instead am energetically withdrawn. It is most obvious when I am in a crowded area, full of strangers.

When I sense myself withdrawing, it is usually at a time and place where it is not possible to take the time and have the privacy to reflect, meditate, and center. I try to slow down, breathe deeply, and think about expanding my awareness. It is always somewhat effective, but I know that there is more that I could do.

What do you do in order to raise your level of consciousness when in a place that you feel bombarded, overwhelmed, or pressed upon?

Ethereal Blue Being
12th June 2011, 04:25
Always imagine myself surrounded by energy/light.. always.. no matter if it is day, night, dreamstate, meditation, contemplation, dancing exercising .. it takes the extreme emotional responses and primal reflexes out of the equation. I visualize/feel the light as white, goldens, blues, indigos(higher vibration). I visualize increasing the density of the photons if the situation warrants it..at the same time I also..for lack of a better word "project" my "point of view 2 or 3 feet above my head 360 degree view all at once (while still maintaining my eyes point of view.)...Ive done this as long as long as i can remember. My father was a math & science teacher and loved psychology and never ever told me I was odd or foolish for doing this.It sounds complicated but it just takes practice. I feel it is important to remember that your should bring the field of "light" very close to your body when near individuals or in large groups of people ( bring it all the way to you literally like a second skin) because IMHO it is against spiritual law to direct energy into another "being" without their permission.For extreme possibly life threatening situations imagine sounds, tones or pulsations combined with light as is necessary. living this way has helped in thousands of ways over the years.. Im 55 so thats not as extreme as it sounds.There is only a handful of people in my life that ive told this too..Side note.. sometimes electrionics may act weird.Lazlo I hope this helps in some way for you

Tony
12th June 2011, 09:43
The constant practice of regular meditation helps. This can then expand into daily life. In every activity there can be stillness, the trick is to constantly drop attachment to its effect.
Because there is the next moment, afresh! It's all a gradual process. Sometimes one just explodes with anger... we aren't enlightened yet!
The Dalai Lama used say.."Go home, and punch a pillow!"

There is nothing to maintain...those moments, just happens.

What do you do when you are being bombarded?
Be aware that your pure consciousness is aware of what is going on. In my experience, be aware seems to make it worse. It's not of course, one is just more aware of what is going on! The trick is not to react to good things and bad things. It keeps life simple. Being too keen to have every dog that sees you could up and give you a lick, could end up in a lot of disappointment.

Do less, just be still. There is always someone else to cheer up...give them a good lick!

Lazlo
12th June 2011, 14:43
Always imagine myself surrounded by energy/light.. always.. no matter if it is day, night, dreamstate, meditation, contemplation, dancing exercising .. it takes the extreme emotional responses and primal reflexes out of the equation. I visualize/feel the light as white, goldens, blues, indigos(higher vibration). I visualize increasing the density of the photons if the situation warrants it..at the same time I also..for lack of a better word "project" my "point of view 2 or 3 feet above my head 360 degree view all at once (while still maintaining my eyes point of view.)...Ive done this as long as long as i can remember. My father was a math & science teacher and loved psychology and never ever told me I was odd or foolish for doing this.It sounds complicated but it just takes practice. I feel it is important to remember that your should bring the field of "light" very close to your body when near individuals or in large groups of people ( bring it all the way to you literally like a second skin) because IMHO it is against spiritual law to direct energy into another "being" without their permission.For extreme possibly life threatening situations imagine sounds, tones or pulsations combined with light as is necessary. living this way has helped in thousands of ways over the years.. Im 55 so thats not as extreme as it sounds.There is only a handful of people in my life that ive told this too..Side note.. sometimes electrionics may act weird.Lazlo I hope this helps in some way for you

Thank you for taking the time to open up. You make very good points for consideration.

The part of your quote that I bolded is very interesting. This goes directly to my question, as this sort of retraction of the "light" when in close quarters or crowded public places is what seems to happen automatically, like when your pupils dilate when you see something interesting.

Your point is that I shouldn't even try to project during these situations. This feels right, as if I have been doing the correct thing, but misinterpreting the why of it. Thanks again for the thoughtful reply...you've just given me plenty to think on, and some reading to do!

shijo
12th June 2011, 19:01
The only way i know is to invoke the Mystic Law of Nam Myo Ho Renge Kyo daily for as long as i can muster, does the trick though...regards Shijo.

Lazlo
12th June 2011, 19:13
The only way i know is to invoke the Mystic Law of Nam Myo Ho Renge Kyo daily for as long as i can muster, does the trick though...regards Shijo.

Thanks Shijo, looks like some more reading to do.

Do you have a link or an Author/Title that you like?

Anno
12th June 2011, 20:24
[...]
What do you do in order to raise your level of consciousness when in a place that you feel bombarded, overwhelmed, or pressed upon?

I find my center and remember that whilst I can't choose what I feel, I can choose if/how I react. Expanding the center outwards creates a shield. I've also started adding audiobooks and podcasts to my iPod so in really crowded or intense places I can break out some Tolle or similar.

shijo
13th June 2011, 06:16

Thanks Shijo, looks like some more reading to do.

Do you have a link or an Author/Title that you like?

This summation and condensed series of syllables explains the 80, 000 teachings of Buddhism in a nutshell and is to be invoked as the Law of ones own substance, it is the teacher of all buddhas of the past present and future Lazlo, You can find millions of references online and comes originally from the Lotus Sutra, please be aware that some groups of loonies have hijacked the teaching and turned it into a carnival of material benifit, no need to go on. regards Shijo.

Crake
13th June 2011, 19:36
Attaining a state of love and light is a wonderful experience, but this is not the ultimate goal. IMHO.

We should seek balance in everything. This means that we need to allow ourselves to feel hate, anger, frustration and fear at times. These are natural emotions/teachers/experiences which are all part of the human experience. We should not seek enlightenment as a means of escape from dealing with our personal crap. We need to step into our basements and clean out the clutter when the time is right.

There is a season for everything.

Part of my mission on planet earth is to experience the full array of human emotions and yes, this includes the horrible things too.

Remember, it's not all love and light. Sometimes the Truth hurts.

Let's get real about this.

Sorry if this may come off as harsh, but this is how I feel.

Blessings,
Crake