PDA

View Full Version : Does Google Have An Evil Plan?

Mandala
24th March 2012, 23:19
I knew Google was into a lot of different things. I did not realize to what extent. You control the internet, you control the world and everyone in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5B8LzcDOF8

truth4me
25th March 2012, 00:30
Google----the Wal-mart of search engines.....

sunnyrap
25th March 2012, 00:59
I actually remember this from their early days:

"Don't be evil" is the informal corporate motto (or slogan) of Google,[1] originally suggested by Google employees Paul Buchheit[2] and Amit Patel[3] at a meeting. Buchheit, the creator of Gmail, said he "wanted something that, once you put it in there, would be hard to take out," adding that the slogan was "also a bit of a jab at a lot of the other companies, especially our competitors, who at the time, in our opinion, were kind of exploiting the users to some extent." While the official corporate philosophy of Google[4] does not contain the words "Don't be evil", they were included in the prospectus (aka "S-1") of Google's 2004 IPO (a letter from Google's founders, later called the "'Don't Be Evil' manifesto"): "Don’t be evil. We believe strongly that in the long term, we will be better served — as shareholders and in all other ways — by a company that does good things for the world even if we forgo some short term gains."[5] The sixth point of the 10-point corporate philosophy of Google says "You can make money without doing evil."[4] The motto is sometimes incorrectly stated as Do no evil.[6][7]

Alex Laker
25th March 2012, 01:25
I dunno... I prefer Google's more open source approach to say Apple's closed-source high margin game. In the end, the internet is a media tool in which there is an absolute killing to be made. I think rather that google is just an example of another business in a toxic economy. It works with the régime. Sure a lot of things about business are evil, but within its own context, I do not think google has a particularly evil initiative.

So yeah, the whole economy is broken, but really if we want to see evil within the context of the boundaries within which business works, then we should of course look to the banks. Even from a partially unawoken point of view we can see that banks are the epitomy of entrepreneurial evil. From that same point of view, congrats to Google, for being successful. From my own point of view, I feel sorry for those who think they have success, when really they are another part of the media machine. The banks control the politicians control the media. Google can never really be the example that it wants to be because it has gone from a two man organisation where the ideas may have been entirely beneficial to mankind to a business which has many complexities in the way of how it is controlled, some of which are malevolent.

johnf
25th March 2012, 01:51
Never say never. We become what we resist.

sunnyrap
25th March 2012, 02:32
Well, if we wish to have 'good' rule the world...perhaps we need to create another saying besides 'power corrupts'?

Cilka
25th March 2012, 03:35
Never say never. We become what we resist.

I totally disagree with this statement, a typical new age thinking.

DarMar
25th March 2012, 05:04
Simple as this:

IF YOU DON'T USE IT, IT CAN DO NOTHING TO YOU

so is google living evil? or againg humans take easier path to go on and blaiming others for NOT TAKING OWN RESPONSIBILITY?

actually it is pretty more or less same as: microsoft, bing, apple, yahoo... should i continue?

google is NOT powerfull, the only power it has is the one people give to it. And thats it.

it reminds me of black humor: oh no mr.judge i didnt kill that guy, knife jumped into my hands and stabbed him 30 times :P

yes we are innocent and pure .. and baaaad google is using us ... right...

sunnyrap
25th March 2012, 05:10
patience with human and being human running thin, eh?

Cilka
26th March 2012, 00:30
National Security Agency is soon to open the largest spy center.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/all/1