Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst 1 14 24 26 LastLast

Thread: Did we really go to the Moon?

1. Link to Post #461
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,124 times in 332 posts

Default Re: Did we really go to the Moon?

Well...

The moon is safe to land on.. providing you wear proper gear. The moon is in the geocorona atmosphere of the Earth. It does not take much technology just to get there and back.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anu Raman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th June 2022), mojo (26th March 2022), wondering (26th March 2022)

3. Link to Post #462
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,278 times in 1,399 posts

The question is moot at this point in time as to if we went to the moon or not. The simple truth is this! Someone is up there now because anyone with a telescope and a little patience can see for themselves that things fly around the moon leaving shadows as they fly over so they are not far off the surface when doing this. Tracks are there from vehicles, and some viewers have found trash on the moon surface in the way of discarded metal pieces of something one of hte agencies left there. There is also a flag and a flag pole there. China has a very active rover there and some have claimed to spot it on the surface also. I watch the moon myself from time to time. If you do this yourself do yourself a favor and get a filter. Otherwise it will give you a headache from the middle of the head to look too long at the moon, especially when full with no filter on the lens!
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

Alecs (26th March 2022), Bill Ryan (19th June 2022), mojo (26th March 2022), mountain_jim (26th March 2022), wondering (26th March 2022)

5. Link to Post #463
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

Quote Posted by Ratszinger (here)
    The question is moot at this point in time as to if we went to the moon or not. The simple truth is this! Someone is up there now because anyone with a telescope and a little patience can see for themselves that things fly around the moon leaving shadows as they fly over so they are not far off the surface when doing this. Tracks are there from vehicles, and some viewers have found trash on the moon surface in the way of discarded metal pieces of something one of hte agencies left there. There is also a flag and a flag pole there. China has a very active rover there and some have claimed to spot it on the surface also. I watch the moon myself from time to time. If you do this yourself do yourself a favor and get a filter. Otherwise it will give you a headache from the middle of the head to look too long at the moon, especially when full with no filter on the lens!
    Surely your entire post was tongue-in-cheek?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th June 2022), mojo (26th March 2022), Nick Matkin (19th June 2022), onevoice (27th March 2022), RatRodRob...RRR (17th November 2022)

7. Link to Post #464
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I tried to find the most appropriate place to post this, and noticed there are quite a few Moon landing threads scattered all over the place here.
    Perhaps some consolidation might be helpful?

An hour or so ago I did a search for:

"What happened to the space shuttle technology from 1969?"

I had read that all records of the technology had been destroyed by NASA for
    some reason.
    My search wasn't very fruitful at all. Google wasn't willing to offer any information,
    at least not in a forthright manner.

One article popped up by a Bob MacDonald.
    This dude works at the CBC and has had a spot doing science commentary on their radio station for many years, especially space-related commentary.
    He gets easily excited and comes across as being extremely enthusiastic (kid-like) about his field of interest.

This is the title of the article that popped up:
    "50 years ago, we flew to the moon. Here's why we can't do that today" (published Nov 10, 2017.)

You can't make this stuff up!

It really is a puke-worthy article. You should read it if you have a paper bag next to you at the ready.
    Here are some highlights:

"Never, in the history of technology has there been such inventiveness, innovation, daring, and remarkable achievements in such a short time as the moon missions. It is amazing what can be accomplished with virtually unlimited funds, an enormous workforce, and willingness to take huge risks. And of course those risks paid off when Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin touched down on the moon for the first time … with only seconds of fuel remaining in the tanks.

Of course, those conditions don't exist today.
    The NASA workforce is one-tenth of what it used to be and funds are limited. The last 45 years have been spent building space shuttles and the International Space Station, which is why we don't have the technology to take people back to the moon.

Anyone who was around during the heady days of the moon program was convinced that half a century later we would be taking family holidays on the moon, setting off from an orbiting space hotel.

Oh, well.

It is unlikely there will be a time like that again.

Leaving the Earth is not easy, even with 50 years of experience. But that doesn't mean we should stop trying."

Come on, how stupid do you think we are Bob?

This is the link to the full article.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th June 2022), mojo (19th June 2022), Nasu (11th May 2023), onevoice (19th June 2022), RatRodRob...RRR (17th November 2022)

9. Link to Post #465
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,741 times in 1,499 posts

Quote Posted by DaveToo (here)
    Quote Posted by Ratszinger (here)
    Surely your entire post was tongue-in-cheek?
    Or they have no idea of the limitations of commercially available optical telescopes, or watched too many YouTube videos!

Hopefully the post is an example of Poe's law.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th June 2022), mojo (19th June 2022), Nasu (11th May 2023)

11. Link to Post #466
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,497 times in 4,310 posts

For starters there was no 'space shuttle' technology in 1969. The Space Shuttle was developed in the mid 1970s, and it's first space flight, Columbia, didn't occur until 1981. But it is true, Nasa's excuses are exceedingly weak. They want us to believe an organisation with the world's most talented innovators, scientists, and engineers, with the most advanced facilities the world has ever seen and the most resources has...regressed in technology, and cannot reproduce today what they achieved 50 years ago. That is the greatest whopper Nasa ever told. And they've told a lot of them.

Nearer the truth, I suspect, is the technology for a moon mission which they performed in the Apollo years simply isn't available to Nasa any more because it wasn't theirs in the first place, but on loan from the Military Industrial Complex. In other words, certain special technologies from the deep-black world were necessary for Apollo to succeed - perhaps propulsion, perhaps radiation shielding, or things we don't know about.

It's quite likely the MIC had a stake in those missions, with certain (secret) mission parameters beyond simply conducting surveys and picking up moon rocks. When asked about his experiences on the moon Edgar Mitchell didn't remember the missions at all, his mind was blank, even after hypnotherapy; and once, at a convention in the mid-70s, Buzz Aldrin had an on-the-spot nervous breakdown when asked the same question. A very similar reaction to a PTSD sufferer. I believe they were most definitely there, but someone, after the fact, didn't want them remembering what they did or what they saw. This is at the very crux of why Nasa has never been back - they're not allowed. After Apollo, the moon went dark - like Groom Lake, Pine Gap, and certain areas in Antarctica you cannot view with Google Earth. Perhaps the moon is now owned or used by the SSP, which means it is 'out of bounds'.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th June 2022), DaveToo (19th June 2022), mojo (19th June 2022), Nasu (11th May 2023), onevoice (19th June 2022), RatRodRob...RRR (17th November 2022)

13. Link to Post #467
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

Quote Posted by Mark (Star Mariner) (here)

For starters there was no 'space shuttle' technology in 1969. The Space Shuttle was developed in the mid 1970s, and it's first space flight, Columbia, didn't occur until 1981. But it is true, Nasa's excuses are exceedingly weak. They want us to believe an organisation with the world's most talented innovators, scientists, and engineers, with the most advanced facilities the world has ever seen and the most resources has...regressed in technology, and cannot reproduce today what they achieved 50 years ago. That is the greatest whopper Nasa ever told. And they've told a lot of them.

Nearer the truth, I suspect, is the technology for a moon mission which they performed in the Apollo years simply isn't available to Nasa any more because it wasn't theirs in the first place, but on loan from the Military Industrial Complex. In other words, certain special technologies from the deep-black world were necessary for Apollo to succeed - perhaps propulsion, perhaps radiation shielding, or things we don't know about.

It's quite likely the MIC had a stake in those missions, with certain (secret) mission parameters beyond simply conducting surveys and picking up moon rocks. When asked about his experiences on the moon Edgar Mitchell didn't remember the missions at all, his mind was blank, even after hypnotherapy; and once, at a convention in the mid-70s, Buzz Aldrin had an on-the-spot nervous breakdown when asked the same question. A very similar reaction to a PTSD sufferer. I believe they were most definitely there, but someone, after the fact, didn't want them remembering what they did or what they saw. This is at the very crux of why Nasa has never been back - they're not allowed. After Apollo, the moon went dark - like Groom Lake, Pine Gap, and certain areas in Antarctica you cannot view with Google Earth. Perhaps the moon is now owned or used by the SSP, which means it is 'out of bounds'.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you, Mark. This is the most encompassing explanation for the question of whether the NASA astronauts went to the moon in the Apollo years. There's so much real evidence that much of the landing photos and video were faked, especially since the lighting used were apparently artificial and not natural due to the angle of the shadows, etc. Also in many of the pictures, the lunar module footpads were not enveloped in dust as it would have been if that lunar module had actually landed on the moon with rocket blasts firing during its descent to stir up all the lunar soil and dust. Why would NASA release such pictures and videos when experts outside of NASA could demonstrate beyond shadow of doubt that many of the publicly released press materials were faked? NASA also has not satisfactorily explained what technology was used to protect the astronauts when passing through the Van Allen radiation belt. This is where they had to use MIC technology that they could not disclose publicly.

I wonder how did NASA obtain the accurate gravitational ahead of the time to program the lunar module's descent mechanism? It seems to me that determining the gravitational parameters of the moon through publicly known earth-bound means would not be accurate enough to ensure safe and reliable programming of the lunar module's descent mechanism. I'm not aware if it is even physically possible to test the lunar modules descent mechanism on earth due to the huge difference in gravity between moon and earth. Most likely the secret MIC technologies were used on the moon to measure the physical properties of the moon prior to the development of the Apollo hardware. We most likely had secret bases on the moon way before the Apollo missions.

On the other hand, there seems enough evidence to indicate that we did land there, such as the laser reflector which were used many times to accurately measure the distance of the moon from earth by publicly known laser based technique. Also your reference the Buzz Aldrin breakdown at a convention after being asked about his experiences on the moon.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th June 2022), DaveToo (19th June 2022), Jambo (12th July 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th June 2022), mojo (19th June 2022), Nasu (11th May 2023)

15. Link to Post #468
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mark (Star Mariner) (here)

Thanks Mark for the 'space shuttle' correction.
    I readily admit my space terminology and research is not up to par with space experts.
    I have done research into the moon landings, but it certainly hasn't been exhaustive.

Sure the MIC could have been involved with moon missions. Could you give us the reason(s) that they would want to collaborate with NASA? Why not simply keep their missions secret if they were indeed involved in this?

As far as Mitchell's and Aldrin's weird reactions to being questioned about the landings...
    Sure your explanation could be true. To me, it's more likely they simply couldn't answer the questions because they weren't there and couldn't make them up on the spot, or didn't rehearse them well.

Quote Posted by onevoice (here)

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Mark. This is the most encompassing explanation for the question of whether the NASA astronauts went to the moon in the Apollo years. There's so much real evidence that much of the landing photos and video were faked, especially since the lighting used were apparently artificial and not natural due to the angle of the shadows, etc. Also in many of the pictures, the lunar module footpads were not enveloped in dust as it would have been if that lunar module had actually landed on the moon with rocket blasts firing during its descent to stir up all the lunar soil and dust. Why would NASA release such pictures and videos when experts outside of NASA could demonstrate beyond shadow of doubt that many of the publicly released press materials were faked? NASA also has not satisfactorily explained what technology was used to protect the astronauts when passing through the Van Allen radiation belt. This is where they had to use MIC technology that they could not disclose publicly.

I wonder how did NASA obtain the accurate gravitational ahead of the time to program the lunar module's descent mechanism? It seems to me that determining the gravitational parameters of the moon through publicly known earth-bound means would not be accurate enough to ensure safe and reliable programming of the lunar module's descent mechanism. I'm not aware if it is even physically possible to test the lunar modules descent mechanism on earth due to the huge difference in gravity between moon and earth. Most likely the secret MIC technologies were used on the moon to measure the physical properties of the moon prior to the development of the Apollo hardware. We most likely had secret bases on the moon way before the Apollo missions.

On the other hand, there seems enough evidence to indicate that we did land there, such as the laser reflector which were used many times to accurately measure the distance of the moon from earth by publicly known laser based technique. Also your reference the Buzz Aldrin breakdown at a convention after being asked about his experiences on the moon.
    Onevoice you give photo evidence of faking the landings etc.
    Yet you still believe the landings were real.
    Could you explain why they needed to fake the photos if they actually went there?

At the end of the day, because of so many different possibilities, fake photos/but real landing, real photos/but fake landings etc. etc. it seems this topic will stay in the realm
    of 'belief', ie. "I believe the moon landings were fake/real" rather than ""I know the moon landings were fake/real and here are the reasons why...".

Whether they went to the moon or not, I think all will agree that MacDonald's explanation for why they haven't been back in 50 years is absolutely ridiculous (lack of funds and manpower).

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Mark (Star Mariner) (20th June 2022), mojo (19th June 2022), Nasu (11th May 2023)

17. Link to Post #469
    Thanks

Could you explain why they needed to fake the photos if they actually went there?

At the end of the day, because of so many different possibilities, fake photos/but real landing, real photos/but fake landings etc. etc. it seems this topic will stay in the realm
    of 'belief', ie. "I believe the moon landings were fake/real" rather than ""I know the moon landings were fake/real and here are the reasons why...".

Whether they went to the moon or not, I think all will agree that MacDonald's explanation for why they haven't been back in 50 years is absolutely ridiculous (lack of funds and manpower).
    Personally, I don't believe Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin actually landed on the moon. That is of course my opinion. I believe the whole thing was faked by NASA for reasons that we'll probably never know. However, it appears to me that Buzz Aldrin displayed PTSD symptoms in public, so it is hard to tell whether he really went to the moon or was compelled by the PTB to fake it.

Perhaps as Mark stated, the Military Industrial Complex had a compelling reason to put on a global "show" to let the world know that we landed on the moon using Apollo craft. For over two decades I did work at the Kennedy Space Center as a software engineer, not directly involved with the space shuttle directly but back office bespoke software development and support among other positions.

The computers aboard the Apollo lunar landers were very crude:
    The Soviets launched the first satellite into space. And the first man. Also the first woman. So when NASA astronauts rapidly approached the moon 50 years ago, a lot was riding on a computer with less than 80 kilobytes of memory.

By today's standards, it's a dinosaur. The Apollo Guidance Computer (AGC) weighed 70 pounds. Programs were literally woven into the hardware by hand — it was called "core rope memory."

So I had many opportunities to view the space shuttles very closely. Before I left the space center I got a tour of one of the space shuttle before it was sent to a museum for display. So I saw firsthand how crude the equipment on the space shuttle are. Especially the antiquated computers on board is very crude even by 2011 standards.

This is the photo of the main cockpit area where the mission commander and the pilot would sit (since none of the instruments were not powered, they covered the display areas with printout of actual display):

The view of instrument clusters on the ceiling:

The view of the instrument clusters that control the robotic arms during payload deployment. The yellow windows look into the payload area, while the darker windows higher are the overhead windows. The guy in the picture is not me, he was a technician that assisted the people like me who were touring the space shuttle.

A view of the thermal tiles around the nose landing gear area:

There was a sign board where we all got to put our signatures. So my signature is on one of the space shuttle on display in a museum somewhere.
    Last edited by onevoice; 19th June 2022 at 19:41.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th March 2023), DaveToo (19th June 2022), Ewan (11th May 2023), jaybee (19th June 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th June 2022), mojo (19th June 2022), Nasu (11th May 2023)

19. Link to Post #470
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,413 times in 5,643 posts

Quote Could you explain why they needed to fake the photos if they actually went there?
    Personally believe that we went to the moon but not with humans. When serving as a weapons specialist on the F4E Phantom in the Air Force from 74 to 78 and one of the overall system tests required an early computer system. They could have easily navigated the Van Allen belt using a system like the one in 70s that was used on the military aircraft. This would explain why they had Astronauts filmed on a Hollywood studio set.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th March 2023), DaveToo (19th June 2022), Ewan (11th May 2023), guenonsbitch (24th August 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th June 2022), Nasu (11th May 2023), onevoice (19th June 2022), RMF808 (21st March 2024)

21. Link to Post #471
    France Avalon Member
    Language
    French
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,375 times in 354 posts

Excuse me for jumping in here without having studied all the different arguments and trying to become totally informed. For me they went to the moon and they also made the fake studio landings. In a cold war period where propaganda rules the world they could not envision a failed mission. So they asked Kubrick to make a film of a false landing . In fact it is totally impossible they would have adventured to go to the moon without also making such back-up. And when images from the false landing leaked the whole controversy started.
    Last edited by Philippe; 19th June 2022 at 20:19.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Philippe For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th March 2023), Ewan (11th May 2023), guenonsbitch (24th August 2023), mojo (19th June 2022), Nasu (11th May 2023), onevoice (20th June 2022)

23. Link to Post #472
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,497 times in 4,310 posts

Sure the MIC could have been involved with moon missions. Could you give us the reason(s) that they would want to collaborate with NASA? Why not simply keep their missions secret if they were indeed involved in this?
    There are several possible reasons why. I put forward a few earlier in the thread. It's basically along these lines.

First off, JFK challenged NASA to go to the moon in his famous 1962 speech. That set the ball rolling. NASA found themselves confronted with an almost insurmountable task. Many inside NASA in the early days of Apollo have confirmed that, saying something to the effect that what they were trying to do was impossible. The technology did not exist, not even close. In fact, one of NASA's loudest critics was astronaut Gus Grissom -- who died in the (highly suspicious) Apollo One fire.

This is where I believe the MIC stepped in. It was the only way. Because Apollo had to be a public domain mission. They needed the US to reach the moon first in front of the whole world. Firstly to upstage the Russians, but also to in effect 'claim' the moon as US territory by planting an American flag in the lunar soil - for the MIC. NASA had to be the front though. Through NASA, the MIC would then effectively control access to space.

Which they have essentially done. Russia have achieved very little in space since the 60s. They had the Mir space station for a while, but that constantly malfunctioned and eventually fell out of orbit and burned up. They certainly have got nowhere near the moon (with a manned mission) in all this time.

I have little doubt that Apollo did go to the moon. I think that's pretty clear. But the missions were partially fake, the real objective being (possibly) to investigate an alien lunar presence, alien tech, alien artefacts, or alien architecture. This was something the MIC most definitely would want to have recorded, explored, and potentially retrieved.

The capsule, and the LEM, may have employed advanced secret technology to get the job done (safely). Footage from inside the capsule is probably real. Footage shot from the orbiter might well be real also. But much of the footage we see of the surface was probably not the real surface, not the real moon, and not the real mission. This was the cover, possibly shot in a studio, or in the Nevada desert etc (particularly the high res stuff).

The moon-landing conspiracy is a clever blend of reality and fakery. This is how counter-intelligence works, by blending heavy slices of disinformation with certain measured quantities of reality. It's why 'conspiracy theorists' chase their tails for decades and decades and never find the ultimate truth (think JFK, too). The available evidence is rarely black and white. It's most often grey.

As far as Mitchell's and Aldrin's weird reactions to being questioned about the landings...
    Sure your explanation could be true. To me, it's more likely they simply couldn't answer the questions because they weren't there and couldn't make them up on the spot, or didn't rehearse them well.
    Copy/pasted below is what Bill posted back here. It's well worth musing over these stories and what they ultimately mean. In my opinion, these are not the reactions of men who are lying, but men who were messed with. Big time.

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Here's Jay Weidner, on Art Bell's radio show on 4 August 2015.

This audio clip is HIGHLY recommended listening, concerning the Apollo astronauts' loss of memory. The person talking first is Stanton Friedman, who was also a guest on the show:

http://projectavalon.net/Jay_Weidner...t_memories.mp3 (3 mins 20 seconds, 4 Mb)

Summary: Stanton Friedman asks whether Jay Weidner thinks the Apollo astronauts were lying. Weidner replies by saying:
    • Buzz Aldrin, in a Las Vegas conference a year after returning from the moon (20 July 1970, the anniversary), was asked by a reporter "what it was really like on the moon". Aldrin immediately felt so nauseous, and suddenly had such a gigantic headache, that he could not speak, started shaking uncontrollably, and his wife had to help him leave the room. This is documented in Buzz Aldrin's own autobiography. Weidner compares that to a scene in Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange, when apparently similar brainwashing methods were depicted in the film.
    • Weidner then describes how he was told by a good personal friend, a very well-known professional hypnotherapist called Dr Robert Masters, that Edgar Mitchell had come to him asking to be hypnotized — because he "could not remember anything about the moon". Masters did indeed hypnotize him, but despite that, Mitchell STILL could not remember anything.
    • Art Bell then confirms this, from an earlier radio show when Mitchell had told Bell on air that he could not remember much about the moon. Bell said that had "stopped him cold".
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th March 2023), DaveToo (20th June 2022), Ewan (11th May 2023), Harmony (12th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (12th September 2022), Mike (20th June 2022), mojo (20th June 2022), Nasu (11th May 2023), onevoice (20th June 2022), Peace in Oz (21st June 2022), RatRodRob...RRR (17th November 2022)

25. Link to Post #473
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,103 times in 806 posts

MOON LANDING HOAX CONFESSION

One year to the day after the publication of the revelatory book "Moon Man: The True Story of a Filmmaker on the CIA Hit List", which divulges the deathbed confession of the former Chief of Security at Cannon Air Force Base in Clovis New Mexico, who confessed thereon to his participation in the falsification of the first "moon landing", his identity is finally revealed. This predetermined waiting period was previously negotiated with his sole surviving son, who himself passed away this year.

Cyrus Eugene Akers detailed the information in the book, including not only the location of the filming of the first fake moon landing at his military base, the dates it was filmed, and the CIA codename for the operation, yet also gave the names of fifteen government scientists and officials who were allowed exclusive observation of this historic government fraud, some of whom are still alive today. The list was given to Akers by President Lyndon Johnson, who was there at the first day of filming.

Threatened with execution if he ever revealed this information, Security Chief Akers kept all of this to himself until his deathbed, the guilt from which prompted his tearful confession to his son, who was also threatened with assassination after sharing this information with the author of Moon Man, Bart Sibrel.

Last edited by Hughe; 23rd October 2022 at 15:23.
    For free society!

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hughe For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th March 2023), DaveToo (11th September 2022), eagle0027 (12th September 2022), Ewan (11th May 2023), Harmony (12th September 2022), Jad (12th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (12th September 2022), mojo (23rd October 2022), Nasu (11th May 2023), onevoice (12th September 2022)

27. Link to Post #474
    United States Avalon Member ChiefD's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

There are a number of books out that explain the anomalies listed throughout this thread. While I'm generally a skeptical person, I believe these men went to the moon. There is no way you can tell me that they were able to do a fake thing on a movie set and then what, keep it secret? Uh uh. As Ben Franklin stated, three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead. No way there was the technology for them to fake this. There is technology now that could but back in 1969 and the early 70's? No way. I was five years old, and I remember our parents getting us up at 0 dark hundred to watch the men land on the moon. While there are some conspiracies I believe in, this isn't one of them. I am certain they went to the moon.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChiefD For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th March 2023), Ewan (11th May 2023), Johnnycomelately (23rd October 2022), mojo (23rd October 2022)

29. Link to Post #475
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ChiefD (here)
    There are a number of books out that explain the anomalies listed throughout this thread. While I'm generally a skeptical person, I believe these men went to the moon. There is no way you can tell me that they were able to do a fake thing on a movie set and then what, keep it secret? Uh uh. As Ben Franklin stated, three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead. No way there was the technology for them to fake this. There is technology now that could but back in 1969 and the early 70's? No way. I was five years old, and I remember our parents getting us up at 0 dark hundred to watch the men land on the moon. While there are some conspiracies I believe in, this isn't one of them. I am certain they went to the moon.
    So you think the technology required to fake video footage was beyond the capabilities of the time in 1969, but the technology required to construct spaceships and navigate to the moon and back successfully were well within the capabilities of the time?

Which of those two tasks do you think is more difficult?

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

eagle0027 (29th October 2022), Ewan (11th May 2023), guenonsbitch (24th August 2023), Johnnycomelately (23rd October 2022), mojo (23rd October 2022), Nasu (11th May 2023), onevoice (5th March 2023), RatRodRob...RRR (17th November 2022), RMF808 (21st March 2024), TealHorizon (22nd November 2022)

31. Link to Post #476
    Thanks

In a recent email, I received some information which discussed that the Apollo missions to the moon in 1969 were all faked. After further review of this information, I downloaded the video, "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Moon". This video can be downloaded, until March 12, 2023 when the link will expire.

In the following YouTube video, Journalist Bart Sibel gives great explanations of how the missions to the moon were faked:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kiBvdYO4yw

I worked for over 20 years at Kennedy Space Center as a software engineer, so everyday I passed by a display of a massive Saturn V rocket on its side on my way to the office when I worked there. I saw firsthand how even the equipment onboard the early Space Shuttles were very primitive even back then. The memory on the main computers on the Space Shuttle had iron core memory, a very primitive form of memory that is resilient. The computers that interfaced with the Space Shuttle during launch preparations were also very primitive as well. At first all the instruments and switches were analog. In later years, some of the displays were upgraded to digital LCD panels.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th March 2023), Ewan (11th May 2023), Franny (11th May 2023), Nasu (11th May 2023)

33. Link to Post #477
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,522 times in 32,788 posts

A fascinating new story. (I had to search for a while to find a balanced western article that didn't ridicule Rogozin and connect his opinion with "Russia's ruthless and illegal invasion of Ukraine".)
    Russian Space Agency Chief Questions Apollo Moon Landing

Dmitry Rogozin, a former chief of the Russian space agency Roscosmos, has expressed skepticism about the authenticity of the 1969 Apollo 11 Moon landing. In a statement on Telegram on Sunday, Rogozin revealed that about 10 years ago, during his government service, he had sent an official request to Roscosmos for documentary evidence of the Americans' stay on the moon.

His doubts are based on the return of Soviet cosmonauts from space expeditions barely able to stand on their feet and undergoing long recoveries, in contrast to US astronauts who, according to Rogozin, crawled out of their lunar ships "like cucumbers from the garden."

Rogozin continued his search for evidence while working at Roscosmos but said he could not find anything other than the "angry accusations" of some academics who claimed that he undermined Russia's "sacred cooperation with NASA."

He also received a call from a high-ranking official accusing him of "aggravating the international situation" with his doubts about the Apollo 11 landing. However, Rogozin maintains that his only intention was to establish the true state of affairs in the issue of the exploration of the Moon by the United States.

Rogozin's skepticism is not new. In 2019, during an interview with a Russian news agency, he questioned the authenticity of the Apollo Moon landing, suggesting that the US government may have faked it to win the space race against the Soviet Union. He also criticized NASA's plans to return to the Moon, saying that it was a waste of resources.

34. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (11th May 2023), Arcturian108 (10th May 2023), atman (10th May 2023), Ewan (11th May 2023), Franny (11th May 2023), Harmony (11th May 2023), Kalamos (10th May 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th May 2023), mountain_jim (11th May 2023), Nasu (11th May 2023), onevoice (11th May 2023), Operator (10th May 2023), RMF808 (21st March 2024), Yoda (10th May 2023)

35. Link to Post #478
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Im not sure if this has been posted before but this long documentary appeared today on Odysee:

American Moon (English Version)

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Alecs (11th May 2023), Bill Ryan (10th May 2023), Ewan (11th May 2023), Franny (11th May 2023), Harmony (11th May 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th May 2023), mountain_jim (11th May 2023), Nasu (11th May 2023), Yoda (11th May 2023)

37. Link to Post #479
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

---
    ---
    I was kind of expecting this now Russia may feel not being surpressed/overruled by the US. They also mention why Russia
    may have been silent all those years about the moon landings in the documentary American moon

What other skeletons may come out of the US's closet ?

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th May 2023), Ewan (11th May 2023), Franny (11th May 2023), Harmony (11th May 2023), mountain_jim (11th May 2023), Nasu (11th May 2023), Yoda (11th May 2023)

39. Link to Post #480
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,522 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Operator (here)
    ---
    ---
    I was kind of expecting this now Russia may feel not being surpressed/overruled by the US. They also mention why Russia may have been silent all those years about the moon landings in the documentary American moon

What other skeletons may come out of the US's closet ?
    Roswell, JFK, 9/11, drug trafficking, corruption everywhere in DC, Hunter Biden, Wuhan, election fraud... I'm sure the Russians know everything. (And the US knows that they know, giving another reason for Russia to be an enemy to be destroyed.)

40. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ewan (11th May 2023), Franny (11th May 2023), Harmony (11th May 2023), Ivanhoe (11th May 2023), Jambo (11th May 2023), mountain_jim (11th May 2023), Nasu (11th May 2023), onevoice (11th May 2023), Operator (11th May 2023), Pris (11th May 2023), RMF808 (21st March 2024), thepainterdoug (11th May 2023), Violet3 (11th May 2023), Yoda (11th May 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst 1 14 24 26 LastLast