United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,171 times in 2,420 posts

Default Re: The Qanon posts, and associated US political analysis

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by edina (here)
    I've been following a Facebook page for MyStealthyFreedom to support the women in Iran. If you visit that page you will get a taste of how much the people of Iran are frustrated with the current regime.

A regime put in place by the corrupt bad actors that we all agree are wreaking havoc in that country and many other countries, including our own.

That is the "regime change" that is being discussed in this post.
    This is an important observation in my view. It is key testimony, for me at least, that helps shape my current view of what's really happening in Iran.

Thank-you.

===

Your above words led to me writing the following.

However I address the following not to you or anyone in particular, but rather to whomever (if anyone) might have felt like complaining, in frustration, that Q dissidents simply haven't done their homework well enough yet, and haven't sufficiently studied Q's posts and the various decoding efforts of Q by others.

Please excuse me when I write "you" below, for I know not who the "you" is to whom I am writing .

===

The influence that edina reports, above, of readings on another forum discussing Iran, on her understanding of Q's comments on Iran, is consistent with my impression that it is not always helpful to complain that others who disagree with us about the importance of Q haven't read enough of Q's posts.

What helped edina, in this case, if I read her testimony correctly, was that, using varied sources, of her choosing, she formed a "mental view" (gestalt) regarding what was going on in Iran and with it's current government. Then when she combined her view of Iranian affairs with other views she had formed of Q's posts (formed again I suspect from various sources, including Q's own words, and the decoding efforts of various autists and researchers), Q's posts on Iran took on a particular meaning that "made sense" to her.

===

We see the world, we manipulate our mental understanding of our world, using various terms, theories, philosophies, views, intuitions, etc. It matters far less how we came by the particular set of such views that we hold in the moment. The greatest heretic might have practically memorized the Bible, chapter and verse, and the greatest saint might not have read a word of it. Rather it matters what are those views.

===

Use terms, theories, philosophies, views, ... as one uses the tools one's trade. Fix them when they are broken, take care of them, replace them or get entirely new and different ones when the tools that one has on hand are inadequate to the task at hand. They are some of the tools by which human thinking and discussion are shaped.

===

When one finds one's self frustrated that someone else has apparently not adequately read and understood all the key subject material, such as Q's posts in this case, then keep in mind that what's more likely the problem, for those endeavoring to actively participate in the discussion (as opposed say to students taking a required class of little real interest to them at the moment), is that the other person has a sufficiently different gestalt, different view of the topic at hand, that they are not looking at the matter as you are, that the words, terms, ideas, they are using don't work well with the thoughts you are thinking. The screwdriver in your hand has become the pry bar in their hand. Telling them, with evident frustration, to read the entire screwdriver instruction manual probably won't help the discussion.
    It's also helpful to at least try to read the Q posts if you're going to find fault with them.

Also, thanks Paul. How many times have we had people come into this thread with inaccurate assumptions about us.

What are some of the names we've been called in months I've been active in this thread? Even Bill has joined in the disparaging comments.
    Sometimes I think that one reason this issue continues to pop up is because of people following Bill's lead. Think about it. Dennis even mentioned Bill directly in his complaints.

Respect goes both ways.

(Also, I want to add, honestly.... anyone actually reading this thread would know that all of us active in this thread do what you described. Every.Single.One.Of.Us. To me, it's obvious. But to someone who doesn't read along with us, it's not. It's like someone barging in on a conversation, throwing their derogatory opinions out there, oftentimes completely irrelevant to conversation, and may I add, rude.)
    Last edited by edina; 6th September 2018 at 05:56.
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th September 2018), KiwiElf (6th September 2018), lisalu (6th September 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th September 2018), mountain_jim (6th September 2018), Noelle (6th September 2018), Oddball (6th September 2018), ThePythonicCow (6th September 2018)

3. Link to Post #6742
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

What are some of the names we've been called in months I've been active in this thread? Even Bill has joined in the disparaging comments.
    Sometimes I think that one reason this issue continues to pop up is because of people following Bill's lead. Think about it. Dennis even mentioned Bill directly in his complaints.

Respect goes both ways.
    That's ok ... I am responsible for my views, which include in respect I might hold someone else's views.

Others are responsible for their reviews and in what respect they hold dissenting views.

So long as a healthy discussion continues, opening up as many minds as possible (including my own), as quickly as possible, on important topics, to as good an understanding as we each might aspire to and be able to achieve, then I am grateful for the opportunity to participate and perhaps even contribute.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th September 2018), KiwiElf (6th September 2018), Michelle Marie (6th September 2018), Noelle (6th September 2018)

5. Link to Post #6743
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

Wow!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	39015

If this is really true, I think we would all benefit the most by sticking TOGETHER around that common ground! Let's huddle together.

I have a big family with 7 kids. We are all very different with different lifestyles and opinions. But we all love each other. I feel like we're family here, too.

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th September 2018), KiwiElf (6th September 2018), Lettherebelight (6th September 2018), lisalu (6th September 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th September 2018), mountain_jim (6th September 2018), Noelle (6th September 2018), onawah (7th September 2018), ThePythonicCow (6th September 2018)

7. Link to Post #6744
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Respect goes both ways.
    That's ok ... I am responsible for my views, which include in respect I might hold someone else's views.

Others are responsible for their reviews and in what respect they hold dissenting views.

So long as a healthy discussion continues, opening up as many minds as possible (including my own), as quickly as possible, on important topics, to as good an understanding as we each might aspire to and be able to achieve, then I am grateful for the opportunity to participate and perhaps even contribute.
    Well, you do contribute Paul.
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th September 2018), KiwiElf (6th September 2018), lisalu (6th September 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th September 2018), Michelle Marie (6th September 2018), mountain_jim (6th September 2018), Noelle (6th September 2018), ThePythonicCow (6th September 2018)

9. Link to Post #6745
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    Wow!

Attachment 39015

If this is really true, I think we would all benefit the most by sticking TOGETHER around that common ground! Let's huddle together.
    I do NOT see this tweet on @realDonaldTrump's twitter feed.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th September 2018), KiwiElf (6th September 2018), Lettherebelight (6th September 2018), lisalu (6th September 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th September 2018), Michelle Marie (6th September 2018), mountain_jim (6th September 2018), Noelle (6th September 2018), RunningDeer (6th September 2018)

11. Link to Post #6746
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Respect goes both ways.

The inaccurate assumptions breaks down healthy communication.

And please, stop with the peacemaking... LOL

People are each responsible for their choices, and the consequences of their choices.

Healthy relationships are built on mutual trust, mutual respect, mutual appreciation and mutual understanding.

That doesn't mean I become a doormat because someone choses to not trust, respect, appreciate or understand me.

Ergo, why I typically ignore the drama, and stay on focused with the content of the the topic of this thread.

In the recent exchange with Dennis Leahy, all of the above was severely lacking. Please don't make excuses for him.

Let's get back on topic.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th September 2018), KiwiElf (6th September 2018), lisalu (6th September 2018), Michelle Marie (6th September 2018), Noelle (6th September 2018), Oddball (6th September 2018)

13. Link to Post #6747
    Thanks

Clear Vision

Righteous Mission

+ Cooperation

That's us!!!

...seek out common ground.
    Unity.

MM
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 6th September 2018 at 06:26.
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th September 2018), KiwiElf (6th September 2018), Lettherebelight (6th September 2018), lisalu (6th September 2018), Noelle (6th September 2018)

15. Link to Post #6748
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

The hit pieces on QAnon cherry pick posts in isolation, and also conflate. It's a common tactic by propagandists. Most Q researchers are aware of this and frankly, don't pay any attention to the hit pieces.

So the people actively engaged in researching the Q posts have the context of the earlier one, and many others, when considering the meaning of the one that Dennis emotionally triggered on.)...
    "Propagandist?"

"Triggered?"

One thing so far caught my eye, and I presented that one thing. To actually "cherry pick", one would have to read all the material. This was more like:

Bill Ryan had examined the material dribbling out months ago, and is the most qualified of anyone here to discern between a real whistleblower and a psyop. "q" had an inane, "gamey", coy, teasing, sophomoric feel to the dribble and Bill told us that's not how whistleblowers act - and that in his opinion, it is a psyop. So, to me it was early identified as a psyop, and I paid no attention to it. When I heard that "q" targeted Iran (yes, 'targeted' is the correct word), I opened this thread to find out what the reaction was. I didn't even see anyone mention it. So I did. The general reaction is that if I didn't inhale all of the "q" dribbles, then I was not even qualified to wonder out loud why "q" is echoing netanyahu and the deep state, pounding the drums for regime change in Iran. Blasphemy!

Well, you're not the only one reading this thread, and some others probably DO want less cultish reactions to the "anonymous" game clues (do you really think the nsa and cia don't know who the "q anon" group is?), and the accompanying sycophantic reactions to a few of trump's* ugly truths being stated. As each of the false prophets have been unmasked here on Project Avalon, many members are appreciative for the discernment. Some get bitter and leave when the story they believed is shown to be phony.

Speaking of phony, so, is "q" supposed to be anonymous just to the public, or is the premise that "q" is also anonymous to the deep state? The deep state, including the nsa and cia who have access to, well, everything digital, are unable to identify the anti-deep state "q?" Doesn't that sound pretty hard to believe?

*(because trump is germane to this thread, as this is all about trump and his administration. You wanna hear me rant about psychopathic criminals like killary and obama and sanders? I'll be happy to, in the appropriate thread. I'm not partisan. Partisans only know that the other guys are bad guys - I know it's all of them, not half of them.)

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Ivanhoe (6th September 2018), Matthew (6th September 2018), onawah (7th September 2018), PurpleLama (6th September 2018), Satori (6th September 2018)

17. Link to Post #6749
    Thanks

Wow!

Attachment 39015

I do NOT see this tweet on @realDonaldTrump's twitter feed.
    Is it fake? I know there are fake Trump Twitter messages.

However, we are attempting to maintain our hard won freedoms and pry the clutches of tyrannical forces from our country and our world.

Fires in California again, hurricanes going toward Hawaii and the dust filled cat 5 going toward the east coast...
    I'd say the storm is literally upon us!

(Maybe I should get a Twitter account!?!?). LOL -- NOT!

MM
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 6th September 2018 at 06:52.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th September 2018), KiwiElf (6th September 2018), Lettherebelight (6th September 2018), lisalu (6th September 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th September 2018), Matthew (6th September 2018), onawah (7th September 2018), RunningDeer (6th September 2018)

19. Link to Post #6750
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    The hit pieces on QAnon cherry pick posts in isolation, and also conflate. It's a common tactic by propagandists. Most Q researchers are aware of this and frankly, don't pay any attention to the hit pieces.

So the people actively engaged in researching the Q posts have the context of the earlier one, and many others, when considering the meaning of the one that Dennis emotionally triggered on.)...
    "Propagandist?"

"Triggered?"

One thing so far caught my eye, and I presented that one thing. To actually "cherry pick", one would have to read all the material. This was more like:

Bill Ryan had examined the material dribbling out months ago, and is the most qualified of anyone here to discern between a real whistleblower and a psyop. "q" had an inane, "gamey", coy, teasing, sophomoric feel to the dribble and Bill told us that's not how whistleblowers act - and that in his opinion, it is a psyop. So, to me it was early identified as a psyop, and I paid no attention to it. When I heard that "q" targeted Iran (yes, 'targeted' is the correct word), I opened this thread to find out what the reaction was. I didn't even see anyone mention it. So I did. The general reaction is that if I didn't inhale all of the "q" dribbles, then I was not even qualified to wonder out loud why "q" is echoing netanyahu and the deep state, pounding the drums for regime change in Iran. Blasphemy!

Well, you're not the only one reading this thread, and some others probably DO want less cultish reactions to the "anonymous" game clues (do you really think the nsa and cia don't know who the "q anon" group is?), and the accompanying sycophantic reactions to a few of trump's* ugly truths being stated. As each of the false prophets have been unmasked here on Project Avalon, many members are appreciative for the discernment. Some get bitter and leave when the story they believed is shown to be phony.

Speaking of phony, so, is "q" supposed to be anonymous just to the public, or is the premise that "q" is also anonymous to the deep state? The deep state, including the nsa and cia who have access to, well, everything digital, are unable to identify the anti-deep state "q?" Doesn't that sound pretty hard to believe?

*(because trump is germane to this thread, as this is all about trump and his administration. You wanna hear me rant about psychopathic criminals like killary and obama and sanders? I'll be happy to, in the appropriate thread. I'm not partisan. Partisans only know that the other guys are bad guys - I know it's all of them, not half of them.)
    sigh

Case in point....

Thank you Bill

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th September 2018), KiwiElf (6th September 2018), lisalu (6th September 2018), Oddball (6th September 2018)

21. Link to Post #6751
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Is it fake? I know there are fake Trump Twitter accounts.
    I don't know.

Where did you find it?

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th September 2018), KiwiElf (6th September 2018), Michelle Marie (6th September 2018), RunningDeer (6th September 2018)

23. Link to Post #6752
    Thanks

I don't know.

Where did you find it?
    On 8chan
    https://8ch.net/qresearch/res/2897860.html

Post 2898017

Here's another one...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	39016

MM
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 6th September 2018 at 06:30.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th September 2018), KiwiElf (6th September 2018), lisalu (6th September 2018), RunningDeer (6th September 2018)

25. Link to Post #6753
    Language
    English
    Thanks

When I heard that "q" targeted Iran (yes, 'targeted' is the correct word), I opened this thread to find out what the reaction was. I didn't even see anyone mention it. So I did.
    I count some 310 posts on this thread with the word "Iran" in them, including several responding, with some detail and care to clear posting, to your inquiry as to what we thought of Q's latest comments on Iran, none of which (did I miss one?) include any post of yours, responding on the substance of these several posts responding to your inquiry.

And please, stop with the peacemaking... LOL
    Well, I tried.

But I have now concluded, as you can see in my immediately preceding comment, that I have failed.

Carry on.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

edina (6th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (6th September 2018), KiwiElf (6th September 2018), lisalu (6th September 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th September 2018), Michelle Marie (6th September 2018), Noelle (6th September 2018), Oddball (6th September 2018)

27. Link to Post #6754
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I don't know.

Where did you find it?
    On 8chan

Post 2898017
    Aha - I see it now.

Posts https://8ch.net/qresearch/res/2897860.html#q2898026, https://8ch.net/qresearch/res/2897860.html#q2898027, ... through https://8ch.net/qresearch/res/2897860.html#q2898030 have all concluded, in the space of a minute or two, that that 8ch post was fake and gay.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th September 2018), KiwiElf (6th September 2018), lisalu (6th September 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th September 2018), Michelle Marie (6th September 2018), Noelle (6th September 2018), Oddball (6th September 2018), RunningDeer (6th September 2018)

29. Link to Post #6755
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here's another one...
    Attachment 39016

MM
    That one is real: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...41538950209537

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th September 2018), KiwiElf (6th September 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th September 2018), Michelle Marie (6th September 2018), Noelle (6th September 2018), Oddball (6th September 2018), RunningDeer (6th September 2018)

31. Link to Post #6756
    Thanks

I don't know.

Where did you find it?
    On 8chan

Post 2898017
    Aha - I see it now.

Posts https://8ch.net/qresearch/res/2897860.html#q2898026, https://8ch.net/qresearch/res/2897860.html#q2898027, ... through https://8ch.net/qresearch/res/2897860.html#q2898030 have all concluded, in the space of a minute or two, that that 8ch post was fake and gay.
    Yeah, I just saw that obvious fake one further down.

Alas, the storm was not officially announced again. But we do have the expanded observations as I mentioned previously!

There's only one county between us and the current California fire! And the fire is bordering that county! Siskiyou.

That's on 8 chan, too. They do keep an eye out for current news.

MM

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th September 2018), KiwiElf (6th September 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th September 2018), Noelle (6th September 2018), Oddball (6th September 2018), onawah (7th September 2018), RunningDeer (6th September 2018), ThePythonicCow (6th September 2018)

33. Link to Post #6757
    Thanks

Here's another one...
    Attachment 39016

MM
    That one is real: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...41538950209537
    Thank you for checking. I love cooperation!

I don't do Twitter unless I'm directed there with a link.

Usually the fake Trump Twitter posts are raunchy and you just KNOW they are fake. LOL

MM

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th September 2018), KiwiElf (6th September 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th September 2018), Noelle (6th September 2018), RunningDeer (6th September 2018), ThePythonicCow (6th September 2018)

35. Link to Post #6758
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

I've been following a Facebook page for MyStealthyFreedom to support the women in Iran. If you visit that page you will get a taste of how much the people of Iran are frustrated with the current regime.

A regime put in place by the corrupt bad actors that we all agree are wreaking havoc in that country and many other countries, including our own.

That is the "regime change" that is being discussed in this post.
    This is an important observation in my view. It is key testimony, for me at least, that helps shape my current view of what's really happening in Iran.

Thank-you.

===

Your above words led to me writing the following.

However I address the following not to you or anyone in particular, but rather to whomever (if anyone) might have felt like complaining, in frustration, that Q dissidents simply haven't done their homework well enough yet, and haven't sufficiently studied Q's posts and the various decoding efforts of Q by others.

Please excuse me when I write "you" below, for I know not who the "you" is to whom I am writing .

===

The influence that edina reports, above, of readings on another forum discussing Iran, on her understanding of Q's comments on Iran, is consistent with my impression that it is not always helpful to complain that others who disagree with us about the importance of Q haven't read enough of Q's posts.

What helped edina, in this case, if I read her testimony correctly, was that, using varied sources, of her choosing, she formed a "mental view" (gestalt) regarding what was going on in Iran and with it's current government. Then when she combined her view of Iranian affairs with other views she had formed of Q's posts (formed again I suspect from various sources, including Q's own words, and the decoding efforts of various autists and researchers), Q's posts on Iran took on a particular meaning that "made sense" to her.

===

We see the world, we manipulate our mental understanding of our world, using various terms, theories, philosophies, views, intuitions, etc. It matters far less how we came by the particular set of such views that we hold in the moment. The greatest heretic might have practically memorized the Bible, chapter and verse, and the greatest saint might not have read a word of it. Rather it matters what are those views.

===

Use terms, theories, philosophies, views, ... as one uses the tools one's trade. Fix them when they are broken, take care of them, replace them or get entirely new and different ones when the tools that one has on hand are inadequate to the task at hand. They are some of the tools by which human thinking and discussion are shaped.

===

When one finds one's self frustrated that someone else has apparently not adequately read and understood all the key subject material, such as Q's posts in this case, then keep in mind that what's more likely the problem, for those endeavoring to actively participate in the discussion (as opposed say to students taking a required class of little real interest to them at the moment), is that the other person has a sufficiently different gestalt, different view of the topic at hand, that they are not looking at the matter as you are, that the words, terms, ideas, they are using don't work well with the thoughts you are thinking. The screwdriver in your hand has become the pry bar in their hand. Telling them, with evident frustration, to read the entire screwdriver instruction manual probably won't help the discussion.
    OK, then riddle me this, my friend: Iran is on the 2001 USA, INC. PNAC hit-list and the israeli hit-list, but saudi arabia is not. saudi arabia is a notorious theocratic monarchy that chops off dissident's heads, and women are treated probably the worst of any nation on Earth. Iran is not currently attempting to exterminate any neighbors, but saudi arabia is (Yemen.) However, "q" doesn't call for "regime change" in saudi arabia. For that matter, does "q" call for israel to stop the slaughter of innocent 'prisoners?' So, a couple of terroristic nations, actively murdering men, women, and children - in their homes, on school buses, in hospitals, and standing in a caged field - are overlooked by "q", and instead pressure is put on Iran, the nation that was put on the deep state hit list 17 years ago, and that netanyahu desperately wants destroyed.

Sometimes, what doesn't happen is even more important than what does happen. "q" is ignoring active, overt, psychopathic, genocidal murderers in the same region, but stops to cheer-on "regime change" in Iran. That's damning. It's illogical. Nor does it follow an emotional pathway because the murders in Yemen and Palestine are horrific, overt, and common knowledge - it couldn't help but pull your heart strings in that direction because the carnage is photographed and anyone who wants to look can see it. If you want to, you can hear some of the screams.

There isn't an emotional or logical reason. It makes no sense for the heroic leaker to bypass the real-time murders taking place right in the same region, to call out Iran or call out to the people of Iran. "q" has a hidden agenda.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Ivanhoe (6th September 2018), Matthew (6th September 2018), Mike (6th September 2018), onawah (7th September 2018), PurpleLama (6th September 2018)

37. Link to Post #6759
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,533 times in 32,788 posts

Even Bill has joined in the disparaging comments.
    Not intentionally disparaging, as in discourteous — though I may not agree with some strongly-held views here. That's rather different.

I appreciate the clarification about Iran. I'm not 100% convinced. But I'm comfortable to leave that be.

My question was a genuine one: Q's reference to 'regime change' (a well-used euphemism with a usually very clear meaning) seems very odd, and I still think it is.

Dennis is not on the forum and Bill is not responding.

So, let's all get back to the discussions at hand.

When they respond then I'll respond to their questions.

No use in having a conversation with closed minds.
    For everyone's info: I quite often leave my computer unattended, sometimes for half a day or more, while my open browser page stays on one particular thread. I never actually log off the forum, I'm just not always actually actively here. If I seem not to respond, please don't assume that means anything other than my not being active on the thread at that time.

I've hardly got a 'closed mind', btw. I'm just not that interested in what frequently seems to be near-endless, unproductive speculation, but that might draw to a close quite soon. (See Kev Baker's interesting new video.) I played a ton of Treasure Hunt games when I was a kid; I don't really want to play them now.

And besides, this thread is not always a pleasant place to hang out for anyone who disagrees with the Q mindset. And in my opinion, it is a mindset. (Closed, or otherwise: you decide.)

The often quite defensive-aggressive posture adopted by some who are clearly keen advocates of 'Q' suggests to me that a cult-like phenomenon is taking place. Not only here, but on many other social media venues. Many can see this and have remarked on it. Kev Baker even equates it to a 'religion'.

A religion is an emotionally-invested belief system that offers security and hope, but in almost all cases lacks any real evidence for its premises.

If you think that's 'disparaging', then there's no point in any dialog at all. Rather, I'd suggest it's an intelligent observation worthy of intelligent discussion.

But I'll now bow out again and let that discussion continue. Let's see if more comes to light about who Q may or may not be (and/or have been).

Meanwhile, I am interested in the seemingly important new initiative announced in Ann Vandersteel's interview of Robert Caron and Joshua Macias, because it seems to promise to have inbuilt transparency, documentation, and accountability. I do think all those things are important. They're not provided by Q, and never have been.
    But let's wait and see on that, as well, before we judge too soon.

38. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (6th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (6th September 2018), Hazelfern (7th September 2018), Ivanhoe (6th September 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th September 2018), Matthew (6th September 2018), Michelle Marie (6th September 2018), Mike (6th September 2018), mountain_jim (6th September 2018), onawah (7th September 2018), PurpleLama (6th September 2018), Rita Sweeney (6th September 2018), RunningDeer (6th September 2018), Satori (6th September 2018)

39. Link to Post #6760
    Language
    English
    Thanks

OK, then riddle me this ... PNAC ... saudi arabia ... Yemen ... Iran ... Palestine ... "q" has a hidden agenda.
    It's a bloody mess, Dennis, a convoluted, layered, shifting, swirling cesspool of unspeakable and unspoken and misspoken deceptions.

I simply don't know how to have a useful discussion on it with someone who has such different views.

The honest efforts of myself, and of others, earlier in this thread, to answer your previous question regarding Iran were the best we could do.

It wasn't good enough to form the basis of a useful discussion.

... hence ... I have no useful answer ... meaning no answer that I am optimistic might lead to a useful discussion.

40. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

edina (6th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (6th September 2018), KiwiElf (6th September 2018), lisalu (6th September 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th September 2018), Matthew (6th September 2018), Michelle Marie (6th September 2018), Mike (6th September 2018), mountain_jim (6th September 2018), norman (6th September 2018), Oddball (6th September 2018), onawah (7th September 2018), Rita Sweeney (6th September 2018), RunningDeer (6th September 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 338 of 946 FirstFirst 1 238 288 328 338 348 388 438 838 946 LastLast