Results 16,101 to 16,120 of 18919

Thread: The Qanon posts, and associated US political analysis

1. Link to Post #16101
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

Default Re: The Qanon posts, and associated US political analysis

Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    This is great news. Hope they set up a funding site early to donate & PRIMARY the RINOS. This is so important.

What good does it do to have another party if they rig all the elections. Without free elections this is meaningless. if Trump doesn't pull out a come back soon, IMO we have no country and we live under Chinese rule. They will never let it go again. They are locking us down now hard and fast.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

Alan (26th January 2021), Bassplayer1 (25th January 2021), Bluegreen (26th January 2021), BushPilot (27th January 2021), ClearWater (26th January 2021), edina (26th January 2021), Gemma13 (28th January 2021), iota (28th January 2021), Ivanhoe (25th January 2021), Jayke (25th January 2021), mojo (25th January 2021), mountain_jim (25th January 2021), One (26th January 2021), Sadieblue (26th January 2021)

3. Link to Post #16102
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Quote Posted by Savannah (here)
    Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    This is great news. Hope they set up a funding site early to donate & PRIMARY the RINOS. This is so important.

What good does it do to have another party if they rig all the elections. Without free elections this is meaningless. if Trump doesn't pull out a come back soon, IMO we have no country and we live under Chinese rule. They will never let it go again. They are locking us down now hard and fast.
    The Saker did a good article on why Communism won’t be able to take hold across America. They’ll no doubt try their best, but it’ll unravel as too many people now see the Biden regime as illegitimate.

http://thesaker.is/zone-b-exists-thu...i-promise-you/

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (25th January 2021), Bluegreen (26th January 2021), BushPilot (25th January 2021), edina (26th January 2021), Gemma13 (28th January 2021), iota (28th January 2021), Jad (26th January 2021), mojo (25th January 2021), mountain_jim (25th January 2021), One (26th January 2021), Sadieblue (26th January 2021), Savannah (26th January 2021)

5. Link to Post #16103
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,293 times in 8,660 posts

Great summary of Election Fraud proofs in symbolcomms new wordpress blog

https://decodingsymbols.wordpress.co...-fraud-proofs/

Gab link

https://gab.com/Symbols

Quote 01/25/2021 Blog Post 3: Election Fraud Proofs (Fixed)
    https://decodingsymbols.wordpress.co...-fraud-proofs/

There's a reason all of this stuff is censored. Because the quantity and transparency of fraud is beyond debate. You won't be able to watch/read all of these proofs, it would take months to do so.

Just skim a few and maybe post one or two that catch your eye on gab?
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (25th January 2021), Ben (26th January 2021), Bluegreen (26th January 2021), BushPilot (25th January 2021), ClearWater (26th January 2021), edina (26th January 2021), fifi (26th January 2021), Gemma13 (28th January 2021), Jayke (25th January 2021), mojo (25th January 2021), One (26th January 2021), Sadieblue (26th January 2021), Savannah (26th January 2021)

7. Link to Post #16104
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,506 times in 5,654 posts

Dinesh is very humorous in this podcast but he's also really good at making things understandable.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (25th January 2021), Ben (26th January 2021), Blacklight43 (26th January 2021), Bluegreen (26th January 2021), BushPilot (25th January 2021), edina (26th January 2021), Gemma13 (28th January 2021), Jayke (25th January 2021), mountain_jim (26th January 2021), One (26th January 2021), Sadieblue (26th January 2021), Savannah (28th January 2021)

9. Link to Post #16105
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,309 times in 307 posts

Live Q&A: Trump Opens 'Office of the Former President'; DOJ Probes Attempts to Overturn Election.

Crossroads with JOSHUA PHILIPP (live now)

#Trump​ announced on Jan. 25 the formation of a new "Office of the Former President," which he said in a statement will manage his public statements and appearances. And the #Biden​ Administration's Justice Department is now investigating whether there were attempts to overturn
    the 2020 #election​. In this live Q&A with Crossroads host Joshua Philipp we'll be discussing these stories and others, and answering questions from the audience.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/25/trump-...mer-president/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...r-president-f/
    Last edited by Sadieblue; 26th January 2021 at 03:44.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sadieblue For This Post:

Bluegreen (26th January 2021), BushPilot (26th January 2021), edina (26th January 2021), Gemma13 (28th January 2021), jaybee (26th January 2021), Jayke (26th January 2021), mojo (26th January 2021), mountain_jim (26th January 2021), One (26th January 2021), Savannah (28th January 2021)

11. Link to Post #16106
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Thus, Harris in a sense has her hand on two Bibles.
    I am totally with you Satori my friend, but at the same time this idea of two Bibles in itself strikes me as highly problematic. See this post on the issue of doubles.
    If you apply this to the Bible, which is supposedly The One Book like no other, then might you not also apply it to God? There is only one God, but actually…. there are TWO ‘only one Gods’. Which is a definition of Satanism.

I am reminded of CS Lewis’s Space Trilogy books and how a non-Christian who is lukewarm but nonetheless caught up in the ‘scientific nihilism’ of Satanism, suddenly decides to make a stand when he is ordered to stamp on a crucifix, and refuses to comply. If these people truly have the scientific aims and methods they claim, then why on earth do they require me to stamp on a symbol that means nothing to me and should mean nothing to them? In other words, desecration ought to be meaningless for these people.

What you – possibly – have here is the exact reverse: a Satanist who is required to swear on the Bible and finds the only way possible to ‘make a stand’ is to double up. You may think this is enough for compliance with the Christian/constitutional ritual. Some others may think this is enough to point to Satanism. A third opinion might suggest that such sitting on the fence is a defeat for Satanism: she really should have stamped on the Holy Book.

I don’t know what this video says about Biden’s oath, but I know the following from hearsay. On French primetime TV last night, he was described as having sworn on a Douai Bible. There was a report from the town of Douai, in northern France, explaining how Douai College was a seminary where priests were trained in Elizabethan times to risk their lives preaching in England. My addition to this primetime info: people like the Jesuits Edmund Campion or Robert Southwell gave their lives for the Catholic faith. This was in Shakespearean times, Southwell was family, so the place to go for further details is the Shakespeare thread, here.
    Douai college also produced an English translation of the Bible to compete with the King James English Bible to which Shakespeare contributed two words (spear and shake).

So the superposition of the two bibles may also be making an interdenominational point. Biden is Catholic, and possibly seeking to cash in on the aura of the last Catholic president, JFK.
    I like the way you think araucaria. Always have, even when I did not fully understand or grasp what you were saying or could not repeat it in any detail even when I did. (On the latter point, I usually follow your thinking and analyses when reading your posts, but I’d flub it on occasion if I tried to convey it to someone else.)

I too found it interesting, if not odd, that she had two Bibles. The double cross, most of us are familiar with. The double Bible? Hmmmm. Seems like a negative. Was she negating the Bible?

I chalked it up to a desire on her part to involve her personal Bible in the process. I even wondered if other VPs had done that in the past.

None of us know what was between the pages of the black binder she placed her hand on, as opposed to simply placing her hand on the “ceremonial Bible” (my term for convenience), as most others who came before her did. Was it a Bible? Was it something else? Why did she do that, especially given the totality of circumstances surrounding the election and inauguration?

The basic, somewhat mundane point of my post was to address the claim that Harris did not put her hand on “the” Bible, which would be true if “the” Bible is the ceremonial Bible. But it is not true that she did not put her hand on “a” Bible. At least, from other photos I looked at, it was quite clear the black book said “Holy Bible”.

Again, do we really know it was a Bible? But then, do we really know the ceremonial Bible we saw is a Bible? I don’t. And, by the way, I have no trouble with the notion Harris is not a good and trustworthy person, Satanic or not.

Double Bible. Double cross. Interesting.
    I went back and looked at the Bible’s Harris used when she was “sworn” in as the putative VP and drilled down a little further on the subject.

Harris did indeed use two Bibles. But she did not use the “ceremonial Bible” as was customary. Rather, we are told she used a Bible that once belonged to US Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, which was brown and underneath the black Bible. It turns out, we are told, that the black Bible is not Harris’ Bible, but that of a friend, Regina Shelton.

Marshall, it is said, inspired Harris’ career path and Shelton was like a second mother to Harris and her sister.

Apparently Harris owns no Bible, or if she does, she wanted to acknowledge these two people by using their Bibles.

I don’t know and I’m not spending anymore time on it. But I did want to be as accurate as I can be given available information.
    Thank you, Satori, for your comments on my posting style (1) and Kamala Harris’s behaviour on January 20 (2). The two are not quite totally unrelated, as I shall try to explain while staying on topic.

(1) I don’t know Kamala Harris at all, and so let me put it on record that I too tend to think she was only making a gesture (a nod, a wink?) to a couple of friends. Unfortunately in so doing, she managed to make a story of what should have been a total non-story. And now that story has to be painstakingly unmade. Any such solemn occasion should be a non-story: you do the things and say the words exactly as required; that is what is meant by solemnity. This is no time, there is no room, for self-expression. (In France, there is no Bible at all; you simply raise your right hand and take the oath: no matter, it’s not about the Bible.) Here self-expression involved a special message to friends when the only message was to the American people. To the non-story (she was sworn in), one or more stories have become attached, up to and including of the worst kind, namely that making gestures to friends instead of addressing the entire nation is a perfect definition of cronyism. This is how conspiracy theories are spawned by the very people incriminated thereby. The only way to put a halt to this situation is for public figures – not only, but especially public figures – to be squeaky clean in the exercise of their duties. Until they start doing this, the situation is only going to get worse and their every tiny gesture is going to come under scrutiny… until they start doing this. It is all about breaking this ‘vicious’ ‘circle’ (puns intended).

(2) As a self-appointed anonymous poster on a forum that is largely a haven of free speech, my own case is rather different. I say largely, because from time to time visitors come on official business of some kind. While it doesn’t matter what I think of much of the content of the forum when speech is free, there has to be a certain loss of freedom in order to achieve peaceful cohabitation. This is willingly accepted by most because it comes naturally as tolerant, civilized behaviour. And ultimately of course, what I think does matter because, however uncomfortable they make us, these are the people with whom one is going to be interacting. Hence the forum membership is the very opposite of a clique: people looking for common ground when seemingly there is none. In a sense, what is communicated is less important than the communication method, which ideally becomes contagious.

As an illustration, Americans will understand this freedom in geographical and historical terms as the escape from a tiny island in Europe to the vast uncharted territory of north America. There was the drive west, and then once the Pacific was reached, a corresponding rebound eastwards, as the country gradually filled up. Meanwhile, among the stay-at-homes in the thirteen colonies, a British-style east coast establishment subculture emerged. As I see it, these are the two forces in conflict at this time.

In the above cases, problems begin to arise when a perceived level of overcrowding is reached. Free speech is a neat concept to entertain among a small elite, but when it spreads to the masses, it is harder to accept, unless it can be reined in. Likewise, the spirit of adventure, whereby you push forward into the unknown, and there is always somewhere beyond to explore, is stifled, and one is like a 35-year-old going back to live with their aging parents. For him/her, the freedom is gone: meals at fixed hours etc. And for them, with this change of gear, the comfortable sedate life is gone. Those are the two horns of the Old World/New World dilemma we have been facing for a long time and trying to take the positives.

When it comes to posting on a forum like this, freedom affects both content and form. Any reader problems I may cause may be due to form rather than content. The usual method is to make form subservient to content: you shape your discourse to expose a pre-existing idea or theory, the way a lawyer might build up a case. For example, you can state that the answer to the world, the universe and everything is 42, then proceed to explain why. The cosmic hitchhiker’s joke is to skip the explanation. Unfortunately, this is no joke but how the authoritarian suppression of free speech actually operates. 42 is a given to be taken unquestioningly as fact. Like the God of religion, it was there from the beginning – dogma, all in the book. This is a false god, a pale copy of the God one can discover for oneself, or at least a tiny part. For many people, the Bible encapsulates precisely that, suggesting that all conflict is fundamentally religious.

An alternative, my preferred method, is simply to explore; any ‘answer’ is not a given, but an outcome, and it immediately becomes a new question. The opposite of dogmatic. This doubtless can be frustrating for anyone looking for hard data to take to the bank, or for a lawyer to submit to a court of law. As a mere self-appointed anonymous poster simply exploring, it is not my job to indict anyone or persuade anyone, but simply to sift through evidence from my individual perspective. My overall impression, as I have stated before, is that some people need to go to jail; that is the best I can do. Kamala Harris? I have no idea.

What Harris did is an issue of the addressee. If she spoke to just a few while making a solemn undertaking to the nation and the world, then that was a mistake that needs to be corrected; we shall see. This is a major problem today: spying and surveillance are examples of ways of misaddressing or misappropriating information while FOIA requests and whistle-blowing are examples of ways of correcting this; and the vicious circle is created and maintained by ever-greater secrecy. The opposite occurs with ordinary people, whose secret dream is invariably to go viral. This is rarely possible or even desirable. If, say, you write a love poem, you will save it for one known addressee, otherwise the message is lost. Likewise, many messages are intended for a small number of addressees (‘to whom it may concern’) but since these persons in a position to act are unknown, the message has to be broadcast.

A forum like Avalon operates somewhere within these confines. A gathering of the like-minded? Yes and no: equally a gathering of the different-minded. This is where what I said above about form over content (tolerance before exactness) comes into play in our exchanges. Some subjects – particularly the horrific ones – cannot even be broached without unprecedented tolerance. While ordinary tolerance is permissive, victimhood perpetuating a cloud of problems, this is something else; because it leads to exactness. To forgive and forget is conditional upon this thing and that being established, understood as to how and why, and STOPPED. This is not intolerance, but simply situating the limits to personal freedom.

So this is my frame of reference. My posting does not reflect my thinking, it IS me thinking out loud, what you see is what you get, nothing is hidden; it is there to be examined, improved, emended. In that sense, I have no addressee but myself, although one or two others may find it helpful in a general way: that is the best I can do, and I am content with that.

12. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th January 2021), Ben (26th January 2021), Blacklight43 (26th January 2021), Bluegreen (26th January 2021), BushPilot (26th January 2021), ClearWater (26th January 2021), Craig (26th January 2021), edina (26th January 2021), Ernie Nemeth (26th January 2021), Gemma13 (28th January 2021), Jad (26th January 2021), Jayke (26th January 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th January 2021), mountain_jim (26th January 2021), One (26th January 2021), PurpleLama (26th January 2021), Sadieblue (26th January 2021), Satori (26th January 2021), Savannah (28th January 2021)

13. Link to Post #16107
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

MONKEY WERX

Tracking Trump - he believes he went to Florida briefly, but now is in a secured bunker

Troops leaving DC - not the sign we wanted, however!

Last edited by Ba-ba-Ra; 26th January 2021 at 16:31.
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ba-ba-Ra For This Post:

Bluegreen (26th January 2021), BushPilot (26th January 2021), edina (26th January 2021), Gemma13 (28th January 2021), Jayke (26th January 2021), mojo (26th January 2021), mountain_jim (27th January 2021), One (26th January 2021), pyrangello (27th January 2021), Sadieblue (26th January 2021), Savannah (26th January 2021)

15. Link to Post #16108
    Thanks

" Over the weekend the dwarf king summoned a pair of his most pliable minions up from the cellar and turned them loose to explain that actually allowing people what they want to watch on tv is a massive threat to democracy."
    Tucker Carlson

'President Biden seems to understand that right wing radicalization is a real problem. Fox & FB & Qanon fantasies and all of that has caused the separate realities in the US."
    Brian Stelter the Dwarf King

WHY we can never stop...
    Last edited by mojo; 26th January 2021 at 20:10.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Alan (26th January 2021), BushPilot (26th January 2021), ClearWater (26th January 2021), edina (26th January 2021), Ernie Nemeth (26th January 2021), Gemma13 (28th January 2021), Jayke (26th January 2021), mountain_jim (27th January 2021), One (26th January 2021), Sadieblue (27th January 2021), Savannah (26th January 2021)

17. Link to Post #16109
    Thanks

The vote to go ahead and impeach was 55-45 with Murkowski Collins, Mittens & a few sleeper RINOs giving the go ahead. But Rand Pauls speech was really good.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

BushPilot (26th January 2021), edina (26th January 2021), fifi (27th January 2021), Gemma13 (28th January 2021), Jayke (26th January 2021), mountain_jim (27th January 2021), One (26th January 2021), pyrangello (27th January 2021), Sadieblue (27th January 2021), Savannah (26th January 2021)

19. Link to Post #16110
    Thanks

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Arcturian108 (27th January 2021), Bluegreen (26th January 2021), BushPilot (27th January 2021), ClearWater (27th January 2021), edina (2nd February 2021), Gemma13 (28th January 2021), Jad (26th January 2021), mojo (27th January 2021), mountain_jim (27th January 2021), One (26th January 2021), pyrangello (27th January 2021), ramus (27th January 2021), Sadieblue (27th January 2021), Savannah (28th January 2021)

21. Link to Post #16111
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,108 times in 2,424 posts

My understanding is that the Judge issued a temporary retraining order (TRO). That is a win, but not the final word.

A TRO is designed to maintain the status quo until the hearing on a preliminary injunction. The status quo being that deportations may proceed if Texas so desires because Biden's EO is held in abeyance under the TRO.

By rule there must be a hearing on a preliminary injunction within 10 days of the date of the TRO. If granted the preliminary injunction extends the TRO until the case is finally resolved. However, the judge has the power to amend the TRO and provide for some other relief in the preliminary injunction order. If at or after the preliminary injunction hearing the TRO is quashed, the EO goes back into effect

If Texas gets a preliminary injunction, then there would be more or greater cause for Mr. Paxton and his team to celebrate. Such an order will include a finding or conclusion that Texas is likely to succeed on the merits of the case, i. e, likely to get a permanent injunction against the EO, if the case does continue in court.

22. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th January 2021), Ben (27th January 2021), Bluegreen (26th January 2021), BushPilot (26th January 2021), Clarity (29th January 2021), ClearWater (27th January 2021), edina (2nd February 2021), Gemma13 (28th January 2021), Jayke (26th January 2021), Journeyman (27th January 2021), mojo (27th January 2021), mountain_jim (27th January 2021), One (26th January 2021), PurpleLama (27th January 2021), pyrangello (27th January 2021), Sadieblue (27th January 2021), Savannah (26th January 2021), sunflower (26th January 2021)

23. Link to Post #16112
    Thanks

Trump likely to be acquitted after majority of Republicans vote that Senate trial is unconstitutional.

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sadieblue For This Post:

Ben (27th January 2021), Bluegreen (27th January 2021), BushPilot (27th January 2021), Clarity (29th January 2021), edina (2nd February 2021), fifi (27th January 2021), Gemma13 (28th January 2021), Ivanhoe (28th January 2021), Jayke (27th January 2021), mojo (27th January 2021), Savannah (28th January 2021)

25. Link to Post #16113
    Thanks

Fun story doing the rounds on Gab today. Billion dollar Hedge funds tried to short the stock of ‘GameStop’. Reddit users found out and organised to buy GameStop shares en-masse. Someone mentioned that the hedge funds had leveraged their short position to the point that for every 11 point increase in stock price, the traders would lose $1 billion. No idea if those numbers are legit or not but it’s causing a bit of media stir.

https://gab.com/NeonRevolt/posts/105625719719221562

26. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Alan (27th January 2021), Ba-ba-Ra (27th January 2021), Bassplayer1 (27th January 2021), Ben (27th January 2021), Bluegreen (27th January 2021), Brigantia (27th January 2021), BushPilot (27th January 2021), Clarity (29th January 2021), edina (2nd February 2021), Gemma13 (28th January 2021), Jad (27th January 2021), Journeyman (27th January 2021), mojo (27th January 2021), mountain_jim (27th January 2021), PurpleLama (27th January 2021), ramus (27th January 2021), Sadieblue (27th January 2021), Savannah (28th January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (29th January 2021)

27. Link to Post #16114
    Thanks

The troops remaining does seem very strange to me, and invites ongoing speculation as to what is really happening behind the scenes....

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/ref...y7hIMLCDD_TdHc

Reflecting the Authoritarian Climate, Washington Will Remain Militarized Until At Least March

The idea of troops in U.S. streets for an extended period of time -- an extreme measure even when temporary -- has now become close to a sacred consensus.

Glenn Greenwald

Washington, DC has been continuously militarized beginning the week leading up to Joe Biden’s inauguration, when 20,000 National Guard troops were deployed onto the streets of the nation’s capital. The original justification was that this show of massive force was necessary to secure the inauguration in light of the January 6 riot at the Capitol.

But with the inauguration over and done, those troops remain and are not going anywhere any time soon. Working with federal law enforcement agencies, the National Guard Bureau announced on Monday that between 5,000 and 7,000 troops will remain in Washington until at least mid-March.

The rationale for this extraordinary, sustained domestic military presence has shifted several times, typically from anonymous U.S. law enforcement officials. The original justification — the need to secure the inaugural festivities — is obviously no longer operative.

So the new claim became that the impeachment trial of former President Trump that will take place in the Senate in February necessitated military reinforcements. On Sunday, Politico quoted “four people familiar with the matter” to claim that “Trump’s upcoming Senate impeachment trial poses a security concern that federal law enforcement officials told lawmakers last week requires as many as 5,000 National Guard troops to remain in Washington through mid-March.”

The next day, AP, citing “a U.S. official,” said the ongoing troop deployment was needed due to “ominous chatter about killing legislators or attacking them outside of the U.S. Capitol.” But the anonymous official acknowledged that “the threats that law enforcement agents are tracking vary in specificity and credibility.” Even National Guard troops complained that they “have so far been given no official justifications, threat reports or any explanation for the extended mission — nor have they seen any violence thus far.”

It is hard to overstate what an extreme state of affairs it is to have a sustained military presence in American streets. Prior deployments have been rare, and usually were approved for a limited period and/or in order to quell a very specific, ongoing uprising — to ensure the peaceful segregation of public schools in the South, to respond to the unrest in Detroit and Chicago in the 1960s, or to quell the 1991 Los Angeles riots that erupted after the Rodney King trial.

Deploying National Guard or military troops for domestic law enforcement purposes is so dangerous that laws in place from the country’s founding strictly limit its use. It is meant only as a last resort, when concrete, specific threats are so overwhelming that they cannot be quelled by regular law enforcement absent military reinforcements. Deploying active military troops is an even graver step than putting National Guard soldiers on the streets, but they both present dangers. As Trump’s Defense Secretary said in response to calls from some over the summer to deploy troops in response to the Black Lives Matter and Antifa protests: “The option to use active duty forces in a law enforcement role should only be used as a matter of last resort, and only in the most urgent and dire of situations."

Are we even remotely at such an extreme state where ordinary law enforcement is insufficient? The January 6 riot at the Capitol would have been easily repelled with just a couple hundred more police officers. The U.S. is the most militarized country in the world, and has the most para-militarized police force on the planet. Earlier today, the Acting Chief of the Capitol Police acknowledged that they had advanced knowledge of what was planned but failed to take necessary steps to police it.

Future violent acts in the name of right-wing extremism, as well as other causes, is highly likely if not inevitable. But the idea that the country faces some sort of existential armed insurrection that only the military can suppress is laughable on its face.

Recall that ABC News, on January 11, citing “an internal FBI bulletin obtained by ABC News,” claimed that “starting this week and running through at least Inauguration Day, armed protests are being planned at all 50 state capitols and at the U.S. Capitol.” The news outlet added in highly dramatic and alarming tones:

The FBI has also received information in recent days on a group calling for “storming” state, local and federal government courthouses and administrative buildings in the event President Donald Trump is removed from office prior to Inauguration Day. The group is also planning to “storm” government offices in every state the day President-elect Joe Biden will be inaugurated, regardless of whether the states certified electoral votes for Biden or Trump.

None of that happened. There was virtually no unrest or violence during inauguration week — except for some anti-Biden protests held by leftist and anarchist protesters that resulted in a few smashed windows at the Oregon Democratic Party and some vandalism at a Starbucks in Seattle. “Trump supporters threatened state Capitols but failed to show on Inauguration Day,” was the headline NBC News chose to try to justify this gap between media claims and reality.

This threat seems wildly overblown by the combination of media outlets looking for ratings, law enforcement agencies searching for power, and Democratic Party operatives eager to exploit the climate of fear for a new War on Terror.

But now is not a moment when there is much space for questioning anything, especially not measures ostensibly undertaken in the name of combatting white-supremacist right-wing extremism — just as no questioning of supposed security measures was tolerated in the wake of the 9/11 attack. And so the scenes of soldiers on the streets of the nation’s capital, there in the thousands and for an indefinite period of time, is provoking little to no concern.

What makes this all the more remarkable is that a mere seven months ago, a major controversy erupted when The New York Times published an op-ed by Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) which, at its core, advocated the deployment of military troops to quell the social unrest, protests and riots that erupted over the summer after the killing in Minneapolis of George Floyd. To justify the deployment of National Guard and active duty military forces, Cotton emphasized how many people, including police officers, had been seriously maimed or even killed as part of that unrest:

Outnumbered police officers, encumbered by feckless politicians, bore the brunt of the violence. In New York State, rioters ran over officers with cars on at least three occasions. In Las Vegas, an officer is in “grave” condition after being shot in the head by a rioter. In St. Louis, four police officers were shot as they attempted to disperse a mob throwing bricks and dumping gasoline; in a separate incident, a 77-year-old retired police captain was shot to death as he tried to stop looters from ransacking a pawnshop. This is “somebody’s granddaddy,” a bystander screamed at the scene.

(Cotton’s claim that police officers “bore the brunt of the violence” was questionable, given how many protesters were also killed or maimed, but it is true that numerous police officers were attacked, including fatally).

Cotton acknowledged that the central cause of the protests was a just one, noting they were provoked by “the wrongful death of George Floyd.” He also strongly affirmed the right of people to peacefully protest in support of that cause, accusing those justifying the violence of “a revolting moral equivalence of rioters and looters to peaceful, law-abiding protesters,” adding: “A majority who seek to protest peacefully shouldn’t be confused with bands of miscreants.”

But he insisted that, absent military reinforcements, innocent people, principally ones in poor communities, will suffer. “These rioters, if not subdued, not only will destroy the livelihoods of law-abiding citizens but will also take more innocent lives,” Cotton wrote, adding: “Many poor communities that still bear scars from past upheavals will be set back still further.”

The backlash to the publication of this op-ed was immediate, intense, and, at least in my memory, unprecedented. Very few people were interested in engaging the merits of Cotton’s call for a deployment of troops in order to prove the argument was misguided.

Their view was not that Cotton’s plea for soldiers in the streets was misguided, but that advocacy for it was so obscene, so extremist, so dangerous and repugnant, that the mere publication of the op-ed by The Paper of Record was an act of grave immorality.

“I’ll probably get in trouble for this, but to not say something would be immoral. As a black woman, as a journalist, I am deeply ashamed that we ran this,” pronounced the paper’s Nikole Hannah-Jones in a now-deleted tweet. The New York Times Magazine writer Taffy Brodesser-Akner posted a multi-tweet denunciation that compared Cotton to an anti-Semite who “says, ‘The Jew is a pig,’" argued that “hatred dressed up as opinion is not something I have to withstand,” and concluded with this flourish: “I love working at the Times and most days of the week I'm very proud to be part of its mission. But tonight, I understand the people who treat me like I work at a tobacco company.”

Former NYT editor and Huffington Post editor-in-chief Lydia Polgreen announced, also in a now-deleted tweet: “I spent some of the happiest and most productive years of my life working for the New York Times. So it is with love and sadness that I say: running this puts Black @nytimes staff – and many, many others – in danger.” That publication of the Cotton op-ed “puts Black New York Times staff in danger” became a mantra recited by more journalists than one can list.

Two editors — including the paper’s Editorial Page editor James Benett and a young assistant editor Adam Rubenstein — were forced out of their jobs, in the middle of a pandemic, for the crime not of endorsing Cotton’s argument but merely airing it. Media reports attributed their departure to a “staff revolt.” The paper itself appended a major editor’s note: “We have concluded that the essay fell short of our standards and should not have been published.” In addition to alleged flaws in the editorial process, the paper also said “the tone of the essay in places is needlessly harsh and falls short of the thoughtful approach that advances useful debate.”

There is a meaningful difference between deploying National Guard troops and active duty soldiers on American streets. But both measures are extraordinary, create a climate of militarization, have a history of resulting in excessive force against citizens engaged in peaceful protest and constitutionally protected dissent, and present threats and dangers to civil liberties far beyond ordinary use of law enforcement.

Why was the idea of troops in American streets so grotesque and offensive in June, 2020 but so normalized now? Why were these troops likely to indiscriminately arrest and murder black reporters and other journalists over the summer but are now trusted to protect them? And what does it say about the current climate, and the serious dangers it poses, that the public is being trained so easily to acquiesce to extreme measures in the name of domestic security?

We are witnessing the media and their public treat what ought to be regarded with great suspicion as not only normal but desirable, all through the manipulation of fears and inflation of threats. That does not bode well for those who seek to impede the imminent attempt to begin a new domestic War on Terror.

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

28. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (27th January 2021), Ben (27th January 2021), Bluegreen (27th January 2021), BushPilot (27th January 2021), Clarity (29th January 2021), ClearWater (27th January 2021), edina (2nd February 2021), fifi (27th January 2021), Gemma13 (28th January 2021), Ivanhoe (27th January 2021), Jayke (27th January 2021), mojo (27th January 2021), PurpleLama (27th January 2021), Sadieblue (27th January 2021), Savannah (27th January 2021)

29. Link to Post #16115
    Thanks

Keep the FAITH Patriots & stay strong.... It's not over... the operation is continuing ... remember Flynn quote, Done in 30

Dave of X22 offers wonderful insight.
    https://x22report.com/the-decision-o...-sent-ep-2388/

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th January 2021), Ben (27th January 2021), Bluegreen (27th January 2021), BushPilot (27th January 2021), Clarity (29th January 2021), ClearWater (27th January 2021), edina (2nd February 2021), Gemma13 (28th January 2021), Jayke (27th January 2021), Sadieblue (28th January 2021), Savannah (28th January 2021)

31. Link to Post #16116
    Thanks

Lin Wood Fireside Chat | Solarwinds Gets RAIDED b y Texas Rangers, US Marshalls, Arrests, Dominion

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sadieblue For This Post:

Ben (28th January 2021), BushPilot (27th January 2021), Clarity (29th January 2021), ClearWater (27th January 2021), edina (2nd February 2021), Gemma13 (28th January 2021), Jayke (27th January 2021), mojo (27th January 2021)

33. Link to Post #16117
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

JUST IN: DHS Issues National Terrorism Advisory, Takes Veiled Shot at Conservative Media, Trump Supporters – Admits They Have No Info to Indicate Specific, Credible Plot

DHS Issues National Terrorism Advisory, Takes Veiled Shot at Conservative Media, Trump Supporters – Admits They Have No Info to Indicate Specific, Credible Plot

The DHS took a veiled shot at Trump supporters and conservative media outlets even though the only violence since Biden’s inauguration has been by far-left Antifa and BLM in Seattle, Tacoma and Portland.

As Trump said its us they are really after, he was just in the way.

34. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th January 2021), BushPilot (27th January 2021), Clarity (29th January 2021), ClearWater (27th January 2021), edina (2nd February 2021), Gemma13 (28th January 2021), Ivanhoe (27th January 2021), Jayke (27th January 2021), mojo (27th January 2021), mountain_jim (27th January 2021), onevoice (27th January 2021), PurpleLama (27th January 2021), Sadieblue (28th January 2021)

35. Link to Post #16118
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

^^^
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...t-presidential

I can see where this is going....

How long before we have a false flag to galvanize public "opinion" even further. Anyone with any critical thinking skills can see the events of the 6th were not as portrayed by the media, and so many who believed that will believe what comes next.

Believe me!
    Last edited by PurpleLama; 27th January 2021 at 18:49.

36. Link to Post #16119
    Thanks

https://twitter.com/Cukullen/status/...009191425?s=20

speaking of Solar Winds hack

https://twitter.com/_whitneywebb/sta...273369088?s=20

https://www.thelastamericanvagabond....larwinds-hack/

Another Mega Group Spy Scandal? Samanage, Sabotage, And The SolarWinds Hack
    Posted on January 21, 2021 AuthorWhitney WebbComments(4)

The devastating hack on SolarWinds was quickly pinned on Russia by US intelligence. A more likely culprit, Samanage, a company whose software was integrated into SolarWinds’ software just as the “back door” was inserted, is deeply tied to Israeli intelligence and intelligence-linked families such as the Maxwells.

< much more at link <

https://twitter.com/_whitneywebb/sta...573790216?s=20

Last edited by mountain_jim; 27th January 2021 at 19:21.

37. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th January 2021), Ben (28th January 2021), BushPilot (27th January 2021), Clarity (29th January 2021), ClearWater (27th January 2021), edina (2nd February 2021), fifi (27th January 2021), Gemma13 (28th January 2021), Jayke (27th January 2021), Journeyman (28th January 2021), lisalu (28th January 2021), mojo (27th January 2021), Sadieblue (28th January 2021)

38. Link to Post #16120
    Thanks

Hi all,
    Maybe you will recall and earlier post in this thread when I mentioned watching a live feed in DC on MUSTANG MEDIC channel. It was about the Washington Monument not turning the lights on. It was really cool sharing it here because it was just a simple data point. Now it ends up being some thing. In the video link below And We Know mentions the Gateway Pundit article about the DC lights out. Another thing pointed out in the video that slipped by most people was Gen Flynns brother. Its super critical to understand. cheers.

Edit: Maybe someone can post the rumble video and not just the link like below?

https://rumble.com/vda0m5-1.25.21-th...past-pray.html

39. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th January 2021), Ben (28th January 2021), BushPilot (27th January 2021), Clarity (29th January 2021), ClearWater (27th January 2021), edina (2nd February 2021), Gemma13 (28th January 2021), Jayke (28th January 2021), mountain_jim (27th January 2021), Sadieblue (28th January 2021), Zanshin (28th January 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 806 of 946 FirstFirst 1 306 706 756 796 806 816 856 906 946 LastLast