+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1 4 14 35 LastLast

Thread: Racism

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,207 times in 912 posts

Default Re: Racism

Dear Avalonians,

There is a major clue which almost everyone in the non Slavic countries miss, though even in the Slavic countries 90% of the people will miss this connection through real history and the meaning of the following.

The term or a word itself "Race".

It comes directly (even it`s spoken similarly in all European languages) from proto Slavic word "Rasa".
    There are experts and scholars on ancient Serbian and other Slavic languages of whom you never heard of since west was not interested in anything beyond Austrian border through history.

"Rasa" means something else completely. The first meaning is obviously the "race" in its modern understanding but dig deeper and you'll find the following:

1. Rasa - kin or one unity among the ancient Serbian people and all Slavic
    2. Rasa - "Rod" - another name for the word in English - "Kin"
    3. Rasa - whenever a Serbian or Russian would address to its fellow Serbian neighbor or friend as "Rod" that means they are giving them an exalted respect as they are their kin. It can be a person on the street not related to anyone. This is the sign of high respect and love in its true meaning.
    4. Rasa - Ancient name (one of many) for Serbian was "Ras", thus we had medieval country of ours named Raska (pronounced as Rashka), also the English sound of the name of the Russia is heard like Rasha. When we say "The old Rasi" we mean of old Serbs from the past. We pronounce Russia as it is written - Rusia (Rusiah- kind of like people from north of England would say the letter U as U - not as the sound eu (picture the the sound of the beginning of the word "under"- not like "aender" sound).
    5 Rasa - we have a term when something is superb in its quality that it is "Rasan, rasno, rasna" - Rasan Konj - Pure bred horse, something untainted by anything, pure, pristine - Rasno. Rasna lepotica - unmatched beauty. So as you can see the ultimate meaning of exaltness is deeply written in our language and DNA.
    6 Rasa - that also means one people, one enormous people that have their own quality and culture that is excellent.

Anyways, I hope you folks will understand my effort here to draw closer what the true meaning of the word Race is.
    All white people came from one root. We are one race - rasa.
    Other people of black, yellow and red are different race - different rasa. You cannot be racist by default. You simply cannot because the true meaning isn't in this word.
    That is the clever and malicious word play by the dark entities through time to divide races. You cannot be a racist if you are white and hate blacks - you cannot be a racist - you are a hater and a person with malicious intent towards another man from a different race. Also if you are black and you hate whites - you are a hater and malicious person.

You cannot be a racist because that isn't existing. What persist is hatred, prejudice, fear and most of all ignorance.
    I grew up in Serbia before I moved to USA. There are no black people there save for the ones working in African embassies. There were few Gypsies along the way but that is about 1%. But despite this I never harbored any kind of hatred for a man or a woman based on their skin color or culture.

I simply know that it would be wrong to do this. I may not like some cultures and behaviours but I don't dislike the people. Everyone first and foremost is responsible for their own being and person.

When I moved to US, I had so many black and other races wanting to be friends because they felt that I treated them like any other human being, with respect. We talk openly about everything.

If you are lazy, dirty, evil, bad mouthed, criminal or hater, it is YOU who are doing this, not your skin. If you are black and doing bad stuff, I am going to call you out because of the doing not because of your skin, same goes if you are white, yellow or red - you will be called out, just like I would be if I do wrong.
    I ask openly as European and Serbian to my black friends why some of their people are so often offended but they (my friends of color) aren`t? The answer is always about ignorance and else, it is never about skin.

There is no racism, there is hate, ignorance and fear.
    Last edited by Beren; 27th November 2017 at 04:27.
    Love, love - and see what happens

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Beren For This Post:

Antagenet (19th December 2017), Bill Ryan (27th November 2017), Blacklight43 (27th November 2017), bluestflame (27th November 2017), bojancan (30th November 2017), Bruno (27th November 2017), Craig (1st August 2019), edina (30th November 2017), Ernie Nemeth (27th November 2017), Ewan (27th November 2017), Flash (27th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (27th November 2017), guyres (27th November 2017), happyuk (27th November 2017), Hervé (27th November 2017), Michelle Marie (27th November 2017), Michi (27th November 2017), Mike (27th November 2017), Noelle (28th November 2017), petra (27th November 2017), Wind (27th November 2017)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

"and for me the only logical remedy is tolerance"

Which below statement is a Racist remark ?

1-'Entry forbidden to Jews, Commies, and all thieves and traitors of Poland'

2-"Would you want a male Muslim babysitting for your children, and would you trust them alone with your daughters and wives. If the answer is no then that is because it is unwise to invite someone whom believes in violence and rape into your home. I just call that common sense. Would you put your child in a room with many poisonous snakes and some snakes that are not, would you risk it that they may get bitten by a poisonous snake."

"If we give to much attention to what separates us, we forget to recognize the beauty within us all"
    Last edited by Tangri; 27th November 2017 at 08:54.
    Love and Hope

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

Antagenet (19th December 2017), Beren (27th November 2017), Bill Ryan (27th November 2017), Blacklight43 (27th November 2017), Bruno (27th November 2017), Flash (28th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (27th November 2017), Michelle Marie (27th November 2017), Noelle (28th November 2017), petra (27th November 2017)

5. Link to Post #63
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,206 times in 437 posts

In my eyes racism is an openly expressed and acted upon "dislike" against people from other cultures.
    I caught myself thinking bad about foreign strangers but the key point is that I recognized it at such and I did not dramatize it any longer and I didn't treat that other person as inferior.
    It's actually by design that the human mind (as opposed to the actual spiritual being) gets in the way by posing critical thoughts about foreigners.
    It's a crude response-react system. If a person isn't aware of this artificial system, (I call it mind) and dramatises it and acts it out on others we have -- racism.
    I suspect everyone has had critical thoughts and "opinions" about people from other cultures but while many say - ah the heck with it - others really rub this in and ride this wave and act it out on others.
    Also part of this mind is this collective agreeing on those critical thoughts and in that way, many witch hunts have been started.
    Thus things like racism against Judes in Germany got started prior to WW II.
    As a teenager I once went into the Karl Valentin museum in Munich. I was appalled by the newspaper and propaganda exposes from post WW I time. It is that the collective mindset of the people was centered around dark humour. The only thing missing was a leader for the "sheeple".
    By looking for a word to describe for a harmonic society I found the word civilization but that word doesn't really cut it.
    A civilized society still has this mind which decides in place of the spiritual being and dictates what is right or wrong.
    So, I conclude it's about knowing of the above and rising beyond that crude react-response system and perhaps clear out those ingrained beliefs.
    Last edited by Michi; 27th November 2017 at 18:06.
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th November 2017), Bruno (27th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (27th November 2017), Hervé (27th November 2017), Michelle Marie (27th November 2017), Mike (27th November 2017), Noelle (28th November 2017), petra (27th November 2017)

7. Link to Post #64
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

I see two problems... vengeance from the ones who feel they have been wronged, and lack of common sense from the ones who are propagating it. Where is the common sense?!? Pardon my cynicism. I watched the Jerry Springer video where he tries to reason with the KKK leader, and bless him for trying, but he got nowhere. The KKK man even took a few stabs at Jerry because he's Jewish .... ho my.

I just feel as if racism / racists will become extinct eventually, just like the the Latin language has phased out into deadness, so will this philosophy of "I'm better than you" type of thinking.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (27th November 2017), Michelle Marie (19th December 2017), Mike (27th November 2017), Noelle (28th November 2017)

9. Link to Post #65
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

A great deal has to do with what a child is taught, or observes, during the formative years....IMHO!

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Antagenet (19th December 2017), Bill Ryan (27th November 2017), Ewan (28th November 2017), Iloveyou (30th November 2017), Michelle Marie (19th December 2017), Michi (27th November 2017), Mike (27th November 2017), Noelle (28th November 2017), william r sanford72 (28th November 2017), yelik (27th November 2017)

11. Link to Post #66
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,386 times in 1,223 posts

An additional aspect I‘m missing yet is power. Lust for power, power struggle (and who knows which forces behind that). If I’m not mistaken, racism was originally based on the belief that certain physical/biological factors are directly related to certain intellectual (in-)abilities or character traits - but I think it cannot be separated from oppression, from hierarchy and (economic, technological) disparity. It has always been a justification for plundering and extinction of lesser violent, lesser ruthless groups. It works only top-down, not vice versa imo. Well, that could be disputed.

Modern racism has as little to do with skin color or skull shape as rape has to do with sexuality. That‘s just the surface. But the concept is too convenient for the string pullers, they cannot waste it. They mix it with all kind of political, social, cultural aspects and reinvent it over and over. It‘s an empty formula and a perfect projection screen for anything. Just my two cents, so far.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Iloveyou For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th November 2017), Bruno (27th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th November 2017), Michelle Marie (19th December 2017), Noelle (28th November 2017)

13. Link to Post #67
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,647 times in 1,188 posts

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    A great deal has to do with what a child is taught, or observes, during the formative years....IMHO!
    Absolutely and the Establishment controls it

Brown eyes and blue eyes Racism experiment (Children Session) - Jane Elliott

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th November 2017), Bruno (27th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th November 2017), Michelle Marie (19th December 2017), Noelle (28th November 2017), william r sanford72 (28th November 2017)

15. Link to Post #68
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,119 times in 2,959 posts

Smile Re: Racism

Here are some facts about racism in Europe and in the US, all confirmed by recent studies.

It seems fairly obvious therefore that the establishment is attempting to shift the narrative by talking about race all day.

It goes like this.

"We're in a mess politically and economically. An oligarchy is ruling us. It's terrible."

"Do I hear racism?"

That's it. And if you say, "no, it's not about racism," then you will be mocked, ridiculed and berated for not caring about "what matters." It's a psychopathic tactic, plain and simple. It doesn't require much intelligence from those who are employing it, but rather insolence and perseverance.

The establishment is trying to shift attention away from their own role in the enslavement of humanity. They attempt to shift the attention to an emotionally charged issue such as racism, so that people start infighting and navel-gazing, preventing them effectively from having any time or focus to figure out what really keeps humanity down.

Caveat: Of course racism is a real issue in the US, in Europe and all over the world. I know enough people who suffered heavily from this. However, given the mess that we're in as a human race, it is not the issue that should concern us the most when the world is transforming into a corporatocratic police state.

16. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

Antagenet (19th December 2017), Baby Steps (28th November 2017), Bill Ryan (27th November 2017), Bruno (28th November 2017), cascadian (28th November 2017), DNA (27th November 2017), Ernie Nemeth (28th November 2017), Ewan (28th November 2017), Flash (28th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th November 2017), guyres (28th November 2017), Hervé (27th November 2017), Michelle Marie (19th December 2017), Noelle (28th November 2017), starlight (3rd December 2017), T Smith (5th June 2019), yelik (27th November 2017)

17. Link to Post #69
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Well, here we go.

* Bill takes a deep breath *

This thread has its genesis in some discussion in the mods team over the last few months about this subject in general.

Out of that, came a suggestion to post what is now this thread: a historical overview of the realities of the roots, causes and history of racism. I undertook to do it myself.

At this point, and at this point only, I'll state a personal caveat: (Or, maybe it's a disclosure.)
    I do NOT believe any current member of Avalon is a racist in any way that I understand the meaning of the term. I DO believe there are current major issues about the forced integration of different cultures, in both North America and Europe, and there may be hidden agendas behind that, and that these issues are worth understanding and discussing.
    That's my personal view. Others may have different angles on this, by 5º or 180º.

I thought I'd look up a definition, first. That's because, as best as I can see, the word is loosely used and MISued in a wide variety of ways.

Here's just a few: (try looking this up yourself... it's interesting)
    • prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

• a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.
    • a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
    • hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
    • Racism is the practice of discriminating against people based on their race, national or ethnic background. Although old prejudices often live on, most people will agree that racism is unacceptable.
    • Someone who practices racism is called a racist. Racism comes from the idea that the different races are intrinsically different. It’s racism when a white person discriminates against a black person, just as it’s racism if a Japanese person discriminates against a German person. Many worldwide political movements have fought to end racism.
    And there are 101 other definitions, too. It didn't help all that much.

I then turned to Wikipedia, which has a LONG and interesting page:
    It starts with
    • Racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another, which often results in discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity. Today, the use of the term "racism" does not easily fall under a single definition.
    "Does not easily fall under a single definition" — no kidding. That gives carte blanche for the term to be used loosely as a general criticism (or, more bluntly, sometimes a targeted, demeaning, put-down) that may not necessarily be warranted or accurate.
    "This thread has its genesis in some discussion in the mods team over the last few months about this subject in general."

Probably those mods were right when they were pointing Racism. If they used word of " Discrimination" it wouldn't rightfully emphasized their feeling.

Racism wasn't a problem and a curse word until 1950's. It became curse word when western countries criticized Nazis to killing civilians because they were Judaic and/or Gypsy. But they never emphasized Gypsies. As Americans did not for Black people.

."a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

.a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
    hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

.Racism is the practice of discriminating against people based on their race, national or ethnic background. Although old prejudices often live on, most people will agree that racism is unacceptable."

Of course, the term will be used loosely as a general criticism to point out "stop what you are doing , it is wrong" It is a crying toward ignorance .

Do you think Israelis are Racist? If you ask them, they would say "not necessarily be warranted or accurate" maybe "a little bit of Fascist(?)

I will repeat again with my respect.

"and for me the only logical remedy is tolerance"

Last edited by Tangri; 27th November 2017 at 21:54.
    Love and Hope

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

Antagenet (19th December 2017), Bill Ryan (29th November 2017), bluestflame (30th November 2017), Bruno (28th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th November 2017), Michelle Marie (19th December 2017), Noelle (28th November 2017)

19. Link to Post #70
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

From the "practical" side of things, this excerpt taken from here (<---):

Quote Instead of remembering the first world war in a way that flatters our contemporary prejudices, we should recall what Hannah Arendt pointed out in The Origins of Totalitarianism - one of the west's first major reckonings with Europe's grievous 20th-century experience of wars, racism and genocide. Arendt observes that it was Europeans who initially reordered "humanity into master and slave races" during their conquest and exploitation of much of Asia, Africa and America. This debasing hierarchy of races was established because the promise of equality and liberty at home required imperial expansion abroad in order to be even partially fulfilled. We tend to forget that imperialism, with its promise of land, food and raw materials, was widely seen in the late 19th century as crucial to national progress and prosperity. Racism was - and is - more than an ugly prejudice, something to be eradicated through legal and social proscription. It involved real attempts to solve, through exclusion and degradation, the problems of establishing political order, and pacifying the disaffected, in societies roiled by rapid social and economic change.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th November 2017), bluestflame (30th November 2017), Bruno (28th November 2017), christian (29th November 2017), Ewan (28th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th November 2017), guyres (28th November 2017), Michelle Marie (19th December 2017), Noelle (28th November 2017)

21. Link to Post #71
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Thanks for the article from The Guardian, Herve.....makes one wonder who the REAL Controllers are???

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Antagenet (19th December 2017), Bill Ryan (29th November 2017), bluestflame (30th November 2017), Bruno (30th November 2017), Hervé (28th November 2017), Michelle Marie (19th December 2017)

23. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

Long but worthy. I found this fascinating. I am sharing this because I see in the thread broad commentary ranging from dominance hierarchy, political correctness, broader discrimination and so on. These videos are collectively 7hrs long, I found them riveting. They have helped me to understand better why western civilisation is heading where it is.

https://youtu.be/USg3NR76XpQ

https://youtu.be/6G59zsjM2UI. <<<<< especially this one

And, post modern Marxism

https://youtu.be/PfH8IG7Awk0

Although not strictly re: racism it is about discrimination an the PC police
    Last edited by Huntress; 29th November 2017 at 12:42.
    "Love knows no limits to it's endurance, no end to it's trust, no fading of it's hope: love outlasts all and stands when all else has fallen."

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Huntress For This Post:

Antagenet (19th December 2017), Bruno (30th November 2017), Michelle Marie (19th December 2017), T Smith (5th June 2019)

25. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Beren (here)
    Dear Avalonians,

There is a major clue which almost everyone in the non Slavic countries miss, though even in the Slavic countries 90% of the people will miss this connection through real history and the meaning of the following.

The term or a word itself "Race".

It comes directly (even it`s spoken similarly in all European languages) from proto Slavic word "Rasa".
    There are experts and scholars on ancient Serbian and other Slavic languages of whom you never heard of since west was not interested in anything beyond Austrian border through history.

"Rasa" means something else completely. The first meaning is obviously the "race" in its modern understanding but dig deeper and you'll find the following:

1. Rasa - kin or one unity among the ancient Serbian people and all Slavic
    2. Rasa - "Rod" - another name for the word in English - "Kin"
    3. Rasa - whenever a Serbian or Russian would address to its fellow Serbian neighbor

Anyways, I hope you folks will understand my effort here to draw closer what the true meaning of the word Race is.
    All white people came from one root. We are one race - rasa.
    Other people of black, yellow and red are different race - different rasa. You cannot be racist by default. You simply cannot because the true meaning isn't in this word.
    That is the clever and malicious word play by the dark entities through time to divide races. You cannot be a racist if you are white and hate blacks - you cannot be a racist - you are a hater and a person with malicious intent towards another man from a different race. Also if you are black and you hate whites - you are a hater and malicious person.

You cannot be a racist because that isn't existing. What persist is hatred, prejudice, fear and most of all ignorance.
    I grew up in Serbia before I moved to USA. There are no black people there save for the ones working in African embassies. There were few Gypsies along the way but that is about 1%. But despite this I never harbored any kind of hatred for a man or a woman based on their skin color or culture.

I simply know that it would be wrong to do this. I may not like some cultures and behaviours but I don't dislike the people. Everyone first and foremost is responsible for their own being and person.

When I moved to US, I had so many black and other races wanting to be friends because they felt that I treated them like any other human being, with respect. We talk openly about everything

There is no racism, there is hate, ignorance and fear.
    Hi Beren, raca actually is borrowed directly from the German Rasse which means race. I appreciate what you are trying to say though, I think that accepting the uniqueness of the individual enriches the collective and so adopting a more inclusive mindset would do wonders for the world.
    "Love knows no limits to it's endurance, no end to it's trust, no fading of it's hope: love outlasts all and stands when all else has fallen."

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huntress For This Post:

Bruno (30th November 2017), Michelle Marie (19th December 2017)

27. Link to Post #74
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by neutronstar (here)
    If you are looking for advice all I could say is learn their language.
    Here you go Bill.
    https://www.rosettastone.com/lp/ppc/...xoCE54QAvD_BwE
    I'm not looking for advice. Or a language program.

You mean well, and thank you, but you didn't understand a single word I was really saying.

I'm saying that the Ecuadorians who'd prefer I wasn't in their country are NOT racist.

I'm also trying to get intelligent people, reading this, to THINK.
    I'm not talking about race.

You say "But I can feel the quiet, low-key, silent attitudes towards me... sometimes, in some places."

You say they don't want you there. That is what I am getting at. You can't communicate with them. I wouldn't want you there either if I couldn't talk to you. You are an unknown to them. They fear that. You are a stranger that doesn't want to communicate with them. You prove that by not learning there language.

I would never move to another country without learning their language, because of the things you are saying of how you are being treated. How could I expect to be accepted by a people that I don't want to talk to. That is what they think.
    As a dialysis nurse, I remember taking care of a woman, originally from China, that did not speak a word of English. I have to be honest and admit my empathy hardened when I looked at her history and found out she had lived in the US for almost 25 years! Although it might not be true, I felt she must really have some hostility towards the US if she has refused to learn the language. I don't think I would have felt that if she was able to speak just a few words of English, if she had put forth the tiniest effort.I interpreted the total lack of effort as a sort of stubborn dislike and an attempt to have no part in the country she has lived in and benefited from for the past 25 years, whether that was true or not.

I don't think this is racism, but looking back, I was unconsciously making a lot of assumptions on my part. Did I really know she could speak no English just because she wasn't speaking it? Was I sure she could learn a second language? Did her lack of communication mean she really did have disdain for the culture she was currently living in?
    Last edited by Pam; 29th November 2017 at 19:59.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bruno (29th November 2017), christian (29th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (29th November 2017), Michelle Marie (19th December 2017)

29. Link to Post #75
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 435 posts

Culture, like Racism, can be tricky to conclusively define; perhaps impossible.

I see culture as ever changing, ever varied; the wordplay of culture-- grown in the Petri dish is not an unintended metaphor, surely...
    Is it possible to preserve culture? Yes, some parts of a culture maintain tradition- but more often than not culture goes through its own metamorphosis. I am thinking of the fusion of culture in Iberian peninsula (Spain) with the Moors, Saracens, Jews, Christians etc. People are ultimately nomadic.
    Like the introduction of a new bacterium, culture changes.
    And to "Preserve" suggests something that has to be added- something which is, in essence, artificial.

In terms of variations, consider the many strains and expressions of Christianity: from fundamental orthodox to more "fluid" faiths (churches that sanction woman as priests/deacons/ and accept homosexuality; gay marriage).
    My point is that culture is fluid; ever changing.

The Roman Catholics were responsible for killing the early Gnostics and Christian Cathars; due to varying cultural beliefs and practices (and posed a threat -illogical?-to the prevailing power structure).

so, as many have posted, there is fear...

which seems to be why Bill is shunned by Ecuadoreans (not all) and why there is resistance to the great number of Muslims entering European countries.

I know a nurse in a regional hospital in Outback Australia. In Aboriginal culture, there are various skin clans (different tribes/skin colours within aboriginal communities). An elder of one clan refused to take a bed next to a person of a different clan. Is this racism? Intolerance? Or just honouring one's free will?

Ha, a complex issue with many varying shades...

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lunaflare For This Post:

Bruno (30th November 2017), christian (29th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th November 2017), Hervé (29th November 2017), Mark (19th December 2017), Michelle Marie (19th December 2017)

31. Link to Post #76
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    From the "practical" side of things, this excerpt taken from here (<---):

Quote Instead of remembering the first world war in a way that flatters our contemporary prejudices, we should recall what Hannah Arendt pointed out in The Origins of Totalitarianism - one of the west's first major reckonings with Europe's grievous 20th-century experience of wars, racism and genocide. Arendt observes that it was Europeans who initially reordered "humanity into master and slave races" during their conquest and exploitation of much of Asia, Africa and America. This debasing hierarchy of races was established because the promise of equality and liberty at home required imperial expansion abroad in order to be even partially fulfilled. We tend to forget that imperialism, with its promise of land, food and raw materials, was widely seen in the late 19th century as crucial to national progress and prosperity. Racism was - and is - more than an ugly prejudice, something to be eradicated through legal and social proscription. It involved real attempts to solve, through exclusion and degradation, the problems of establishing political order, and pacifying the disaffected, in societies roiled by rapid social and economic change.
    Come on, racism and/or intolerance has always existed - it is the fear of the unknown that provokes it. From Ghengis Kahn to Attila the Hun to the Japanese perception of foreigners and of Chinese to fights between tribes, to..... name it, it has always existed.

Of course, then it will be curtailed into classes and hierarchy as well. Which has always happened as well amongst all great apea and humans. The stronger making sure the weaker remains below.

As well as sexism - the only time sexims is slightly giving away is since we have contraception on one hand and since education is a must in the work force on the other hand, making women as able as man to compete and succeed (the strongest has become the mentally stronger). Yet, even there, having babies is socially detrimental .

In fact, the main problem is that we still are, as a humanity, excessively primitive in our thinking and behaving.

So, to me, the problems is not only to declare and name racism and sexism, but also to find ways to have a majority of humans to evolve pass those primitive ways of thinking and behaving.
    Last edited by Flash; 30th November 2017 at 03:01.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bruno (30th November 2017), christian (29th November 2017), Mark (19th December 2017), Michelle Marie (19th December 2017), Wind (29th November 2017)

33. Link to Post #77
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

We are not really our race, our gender or anything like that, because we are much more than that. Those are just external things that people tend to identify with.

As long as people fail to see that we are eternal spirits coming to this Earth in different shapes, sizes and colors, there will continue to be backwards thinking and incredibly ignorant things such as racism.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Bruno (30th November 2017), christian (29th November 2017), Ewan (30th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th November 2017), Iloveyou (30th November 2017), Mark (19th December 2017), Michelle Marie (19th December 2017), Michi (29th November 2017)

35. Link to Post #78
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,119 times in 2,959 posts

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    As long as people fail to see that we are eternal spirits coming to this Earth in different shapes, sizes and colors, there will continue to be backwards thinking and incredibly ignorant things such as racism.
    We all intuitively understand that evolution tends towards greater understanding of each other and therefore increased integration of cultures. Therefore it's something we intuitively strive for and appreciate. We see it as a sign of progress.

The social engineers know this. Therefore they want to give us a taste of what we strive for, but in a twisted way. It's a bait-and-switch in order to engineer outcomes that fit their agenda. They present us with a counterfeit version of cultural integration. The very term forced integration implies that it's a shortcut, it's not the real thing.

Cultural integration is our destiny, I believe. This challenge right now is about humans having the discernment, patience and determination to tell organic integration from forced integration.

Or in more simple terms, humanity is being enslaved all over the world and it won't fix things to merely ship as many people from poorer countries into richer countries as possible. However, living in Berlin and talking to refugees often, I do also see positive seeds sprouting in all of this mess. It's never that black and white, it seems, but always what we make out of it.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

Bruno (30th November 2017), Ewan (30th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th November 2017), Iloveyou (30th November 2017), Mark (19th December 2017), Michelle Marie (19th December 2017), sanma (30th November 2017), Wind (29th November 2017)

37. Link to Post #79
    Great Britain Avalon Member Amenjo's Avatar
    Thanks

Love and Truth,

Amenjo

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amenjo For This Post:

Antagenet (19th December 2017), Bruno (30th November 2017), christian (29th November 2017), Franny (1st December 2017), Mark (19th December 2017), Michelle Marie (19th December 2017)

39. Link to Post #80
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 times in 189 posts

Bill, I honour your courage to share your personal experience of living in Ecuador,
    and for raising this issue of racism and discrimination among humans.

I'm curious to know why you've brought up this topic for discussion at this timing now,
    and what you wish to achieve from this.

I had to think for some time about whether I should post on this thread or not.
    I'd actually started writing, then deleted it, repeating this maybe 3 or 4 times.

After all the thinking, I could see the necessity of taking a big step forward and share my experiences.

So here goes.

Since age 3, I've been labeled a 'legal alien' for living in a foreign country, was raised in a 'melting pot' where there was a great diversity of races, ethnicities, nationalities, religious beliefs, skin color, etc. We all lived together in one area, there was respect for each other's family roots, and appreciated the many different cultural backgrounds.

For those interested in the definition of a 'melting pot', here's one part of the description on Wikipedia.

Quote Melting pot

Origins of the term
    In the 18th and 19th centuries, the metaphor of a "crucible" or "smelting pot" was used to describe the fusion of different nationalities, ethnicities and cultures. It was a metaphor for the idealized process of immigration and colonization by which different nationalities, cultures and "races" (a term that could encompass nationality, ethnicity and race proper) were to blend into a new, virtuous community, and it was connected to utopian visions of the emergence of an American "new man".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melting_pot

I had a very difficult time integrating myself into the country of my origin at age 12. I was bullied for not being able to speak my mother tongue nearly as well as the kids who'd grown up there. I really could not fit into the people or the culture at all. My physical growth stopped for some time due to culture shock and stress, and my height remains to be the same since then, a little over 150cm. This was the same story for my twin sister as well, at least we had each other to support ourselves through this, as our parents could not relate to nor understand what we were going through.

I've made a lot of effort to learn the language, connect with the people there, appreciate their culture, but despite all the efforts, somehow I could never be considered as one of them and was discriminated for not having the same upbringing as them. Eventually I couldn't care any less about it anymore, it seems that the people of the country of my origin have a lot of issues regarding racism and discrimination throughout its history, which I prefer to have as little association with as possible, nor with the people and country in general, including my parents, relatives and friends. I still give my full respect and keep contact with them, but only at a minimum as necessity requires.

I currently live in a country that's miles away from the country of my roots, living among the natives as well as foreigners, where I feel I belong and could offer my services. But is there really such a place on earth in our current time, where people are truly accepting and respecting of the different races, ethnicities, religious beliefs? Law enforcements and regulations in each country seem to brainwash the people to think it's normal for foreigners to be treated differently. "Love thy neighbor as thy self" is easier said than done, really, as it has so many layers of depth to it.

Now here's the part where I had to really stumble upon.

• Someone who practices racism is called a racist. Racism comes from the idea that the different races are intrinsically different. It’s racism when a white person discriminates against a black person, just as it’s racism if a Japanese person discriminates against a German person. Many worldwide political movements have fought to end racism.
    I will honestly confess that in the past, I've caught myself doing exactly this, and even possibly still now. I actually had chills go down my spine when I read these lines.

Well Bill, I'm very sure you mean no harm by tuning into my consciousness and pinpointing my greater issues, if anything it would be to bring more awareness and wisdom to it, and I'm very grateful that you've brought this opportunity.

I'm not sure if you've read my previous posts in other threads about one of my pastlife memories as a teenage Jewish boy who died in Auschwitz. My parents are witness to this and saw me suffer as a child from traumatic nightmares of dying. I was put under heavy experimentations then, which could possibly still be going on.

To make long story short, I have resistance against German people deep down in my subconsciousness. Some of my colleagues I work with are Germans, as there's a fair amount of them where I currently live, and some of them I've become good friends with. But when they try to have any further personal contact with me, I reject them out of natural instincts and put a distance between them.

Does this make me a racist?
    How do I justify my mindset and attitude when the majority of the people still do not understand the truths to having reincarnations and past lives as part of our reality, and for me to explain my past life memory would most likely fail in vain? Moreover, how is it possible to end this eye-to-eye mentality by victimizing myself of discrimination?

What will it take for human beings to truly understand that each one of us is as equally valuable and important?
    That we are all of the same souls, experiencing physical lives on earth as human beings of wisdom, justice, and love?

Why do we keep giving ourselves excuses to discriminate and despise those that we dislike or disagree with, just because of the slight differences?
    Is this just the effects of 'divide and conquer' agenda of the dark forces, or is there something else?
    Is this ever going to find a resolution?
    If only we could let go of all our fears and hatred.

For what it is worth, I try to make a positive contribution to the people and this world by connecting more with those whom I can give and receive genuine love and compassion with, regardless of race (yes German people too), in the best way that I can. This includes family, partner, friends, colleagues, neighbors, that person walking down the street, anyone and everyone I meet, get to know, and can hold close to each others' hearts, both near and far.

While I was writing this post, my computer froze twice, my phone restarted itself, then recieved a call from an unknown number (it has a similar but slightly altered number each time), and I was feeling very fearful for no apparent reason, which was all interesting to experience. Putting on some songs like 'No Woman No Cry' by Bob Marley helped this time

My deepest gratitude to Bill, mods, fellow Avalonians, and guests, for allowing me a voice to speak out my personal life experiences here, and for reading through it.
    Last edited by Omi; 30th November 2017 at 01:06.
    Remember that all is One. -Edgar Cayce

40. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Antagenet (19th December 2017), Bill Ryan (10th December 2017), Bruno (30th November 2017), christian (30th November 2017), Ewan (30th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th November 2017), Franny (1st December 2017), Hervé (30th November 2017), Iloveyou (30th November 2017), Mark (19th December 2017), Wind (30th November 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1 4 14 35 LastLast