Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Pondering Prayer

1. Link to Post #41
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Default Re: Pondering Prayer

Quote Posted by Villival (here)
    I'm embarrassed to say what I thought the helicopters were when they were over my house. I actually thought it was good guys. Lack of fear was helpful I guess. I mean I just had NO idea how deep all this goes. What a baby. I didn't have a clue. I guess that's why the prayer thing is so confusing now. Just not sure who is on first anymore.
    My little brother remembers thinking helicopters were going to come to help him and now in hind sight he feels silly, but I don't think either of you have any reason to feel embarrassed about it.

I think a lot to do with praying is knowing how to pray. I obviously don't know how. To me, talking to God just makes more sense than saying prayers. When something actually answers back though... it's kinda creepy!

I legit felt like something was using my prayers against me at one point, so that could be another big reason why I don't want to pray. World Peace seems like a nice safe thing to pray for though, I still like that idea because it's not selfish.

Someone once told me the Our Father is a "very powerful prayer", and I think that the reason why they said so is because it teaches us "how to pray". You mentioned you know that prayer, so maybe pondering upon that particular prayer itself would be helpful.

Petra, does this mean we are qualified to tell war stories; having gotten drafted so to speak? Or maybe I should say shanghaied.
    Oh Villival I hope you're trying to be funny, because that's just too funny. No PTSD jokes please

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Michelle Marie (19th December 2017), Spiral (16th December 2017)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

You know how it feels when someone says, go say you're sorry...

That's what praying always seemed like to me.

When you think God before a thought that needs attention. That is a prayer that can bring miracles...

There is no right or wrong way to pray, but no words are necessary unless you are sharing with those around you.

4. Link to Post #43
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

This was under one of Kerry's videos so I watched, then spotted it the orb I saw an image of before it disappeared.

10 mins in

Could an anti-gravity propulsion create Cat 2 hurricane winds around it?

Does this mean I broke the Quarantine by launching Darth Cheney beyond it?

5. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

I used to just talk to God like S/He was my friend. And say the Our Father, etc.

What kind of freaked me out was one night I very spontaneously and earnestly looked at the moon and asked the Blessed Mother for a man and named all the qualities I wanted him to have. And wham, I got an answer immediately that I would be rewarded for kindness. And it turned out to be true, but only after many, many months of testing. So, it really made me cautious about what I ask for. And it wasn't the first time she answered me, very literally. I think the earnestness of the prayer has a lot to do with it. There were definitely what I would consider miracles that happened after my son's death, too.

That said, I really, really wanted whatever was best for life, God, humanity, etc. and always have. I like talking to you Petra. It's interesting you and your brother both had experiences. I wonder how often it runs in families. Two of my cousins were targeted, too.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Michelle Marie (19th December 2017), petra (18th December 2017), pyrangello (23rd December 2017), Spiral (17th December 2017)

7. Link to Post #45
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I used to just talk to God like S/He was my friend. And say the Our Father, etc.

What kind of freaked me out was one night I very spontaneously and earnestly looked at the moon and asked the Blessed Mother for a man and named all the qualities I wanted him to have. And wham, I got an answer immediately that I would be rewarded for kindness. And it turned out to be true, but only after many, many months of testing. So, it really made me cautious about what I ask for.
    Sounds like you did well! I'm happy for you. It's good to know what you want - I still don't think I know. My feelings kind of change around a lot, and so I suppose in way I'm just protecting people from me. I wouldn't wish myself on my worst enemy kind of thing (ha ha). My life is more reminiscent of This Monkey Paw Tale. I'm planning to stay single

I think there's definitely something with bloodlines. I keep thinking about blood types lately too, but I can't seem to put anything together. I've researched into RH - and RH +, and although there's interesting factors there such as being incompatible for procreation, but it's not enough to come to any conclusions. I found a basic chart on the red cross site of blood types broken down by race. Caucasians most frequently have the RH - factor. I also found this page related to pregnancy describing what it is and why it affects pregnancy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to petra For This Post:

Michelle Marie (19th December 2017)

9. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

Petra, I didn't ask until I'd been alone a long time and had gone through a lot of s*it. And I suspect I was prompted by divine providence on that one. And, spoiler alert, we didn't come together through any kind of tralala, rose strewn path. It was pretty much a lifetime of trial by fire. When we got together, it was kind of against all odds.

My point is that just because you get what you ask for, it's probably never HOW you imagined you would get it, if that makes sense. I think I had to learn to love myself before I could have what I have.

You may change your mind (or God may change it for you) at some point. You are a real sweetheart.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Michelle Marie (20th December 2017), petra (19th December 2017)

11. Link to Post #47
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ha ha you too Villival, that made me laugh about God changing my mind too. Perhaps, because loneliness is a motivation for me. I'm not looking for romance but I sure would like someone to hold hands with.... other than myself

12. The Following User Says Thank You to petra For This Post:

Michelle Marie (20th December 2017)

13. Link to Post #48
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

Quote Posted by petra (here)
    Ha ha you too Villival, that made me laugh about God changing my mind too. Perhaps, because loneliness is a motivation for me. I'm not looking for romance but I sure would like someone to hold hands with.... other than myself
    You never know when someone might pop into your life!

💙🌹💙🌹💙🌹💙
    🌹🌹🌹MM🌹🌹🌹
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

petra (20th December 2017)

15. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

That's part of being human; just wanting someone to hold onto when we are scared or tired or whatever. Hey, wanting that actually got me engaged at 55. Go figure.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Michelle Marie (20th December 2017)

17. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

That's part of being human; just wanting someone to hold onto when we are scared or tired or whatever. Hey, wanting that actually got me engaged at 55. Go figure.
    Desire + Imagination = Experience

Go for it! 😍😘
    MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Valerie Villars (23rd December 2017)

19. Link to Post #51
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

My point is that just because you get what you ask for, it's probably never HOW you imagined you would get it, if that makes sense.
    Quote Posted by Desert Dreamer (here)
    Someone kissed me under the mistletoe...

Too fast! Not funny! I've really got to watch my step, that's definitely NOT what I wanted.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Michelle Marie (23rd December 2017), Valerie Villars (24th December 2017)

21. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

My point is that just because you get what you ask for, it's probably never HOW you imagined you would get it, if that makes sense.
    Someone kissed me under the mistletoe...

Too fast! Not funny! I've really got to watch my step, that's definitely NOT what I wanted.
    That's funny!😘

When it's the right one it will feel right. 👀Watch out for the ones that are not!👀LOL👀

Happy Holidays🎅🎅🎅
    MM

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

petra (2nd January 2018)

23. Link to Post #53
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

That's funny!😘
    OK Fine, it's Funny The whole drive home I was like "oh crap oh crap oh crap", and that's kind of funny too...

I'm the one that needs to be "watched out" for! This is a guy who I already betrayed once (stupidly), and he forgave me for that, so I absolutely refuse to hurt him a second time. I kind of feel like bait - but I'm not falling for it. Damage control already under way - he already knows I'm a bit nuts

24. The Following User Says Thank You to petra For This Post:

Michelle Marie (2nd January 2018)

25. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Chapter 5 of the Tao Te Ching begins with the lines "Heaven and Earth are heartless / treating creatures like straw dogs". Su Zhe's commentary on this verse explains: "Heaven and Earth are not partial. They do not kill living things out of cruelty or give them birth out of kindness. We do the same when we make straw dogs to use in sacrifices. We dress them up and put them on the altar, but not because we love them. And when the ceremony is over, we throw them into the street, but not because we hate them."

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones." -- Marcus Aurelius

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alanantic For This Post:

Michelle Marie (2nd January 2018), petra (2nd January 2018)

27. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

That's funny!😘
    OK Fine, it's Funny The whole drive home I was like "oh crap oh crap oh crap", and that's kind of funny too...

I'm the one that needs to be "watched out" for! This is a guy who I already betrayed once (stupidly), and he forgave me for that, so I absolutely refuse to hurt him a second time. I kind of feel like bait - but I'm not falling for it. Damage control already under way - he already knows I'm a bit nuts
    Nuts is good. I hope I fall under that category!

Unpredictable, keep them guessing...!

Ultimately, follow your heart and you'll be okay.

Funny is also perspective....looking back, or finding the humor, etc.

Humor also helps to heal, at least that's what I have found. And I have been through some *!*%*! Crap.

Warm smiles,
    MM

PS. Wow. Great quote, Alanantic. It reeks of wisdom.
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 2nd January 2018 at 19:49.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

petra (2nd January 2018)

29. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Thank you all of you for your very heartfelt answers. There is so much wisdom and perspective in this thread. I did have an exquisite, internal communication with God at one point and it made any feelings, emotional or physical on this plane which had been "peak" feel like seeing color after having been blind my whole life. Then I got tested and challenged by all kinds of beings and still I stood firm and was grateful and then.............I got dumped back into the real world with no seeming net. I was confused as hell. I thought, how could I have been shown/experience all this and then get dumped back into black and white with no visible means of support.

So, all my used to be notions went by the wayside and I really shied away from prayer, which I felt confused about. What I was shown/experienced was incredible but, you still have to have a means to live (i.e. monopoly money) in this world. You know, the stuff comes in handy. It's like remembering heaven and then getting dumped in hell. It was like that for a long, long time.

However, It is all good now. I just get a little wonked out when I think of praying because it gets results I never thought possible, or practical, in this world.

Thanks again to each and every one who replied. It's obvious that the folks here are steps above the kind of blind prayer we have been taught.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Rich (3rd January 2018)

31. Link to Post #57
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Anyway, since it happened, I have been very conflicted about prayer. Specifically, who am I praying to? Or what? Is prayer even useful? This has really bothered me and I have a hard time with this issue. I do believe in an ultimate creator and the Holy Spirit.
    Anyway, I am wondering what those who are really awake, think about prayer. Do you pray (other than your life being a prayer)? Who do you pray to? Why?
    Personally I feel no need to define who I pray to since what we pray to is determined by our attitude.
    My "prayers" are usually just positive sayings or asking for something I want.
    Prayer is the trust that you already have what you ask for (Bashar said something along those lines).

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

greybeard (3rd January 2018), Valerie Villars (3rd January 2018)

33. Link to Post #58
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

I am praying to the Ineffable and I expect I am heard by ALL THAT IS and the answer will arrive and healing HAPPENS including for me.
    Bump this thread

Quote Episode 182 — Ross Newkirk: True Healing

Premiered Mar 29, 2022 Have you ever turned to the science of healing for help? How do information fields affect that process?

Ross Newkirk describes the powers of natural healing and how prayer really works in this uplifting Living 4D conversation.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Harmony (17th May 2022), O Donna (17th May 2022), Peace in Oz (17th May 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3