+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your Brain on DMT and How to Make It Naturally

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,972 times in 595 posts

Lightbulb Your Brain on DMT and How to Make It Naturally

Most of our decisions are made emotionally. Almost all of them are made with a subconscious supposition formed around previous experience – an imprint that was created from as early as the time we were in our mother’s womb, until we are about five years old (some scientists say until we are 13), when it is said that our world view is already developed. This means if you were raised in a hostile environment, due to poverty, war, psychologically damaged parents, alcoholism, etc. you are likely to internalize a “reality” which then recreates itself over and over again in what Rupert Sheldrake calls the morphic field. DMT may be able to reverse this damaging psychological trajectory.

Conversely, if you were raised in an environment where everyone was loving and kind, all your needs were met with ease, and you were allowed to express yourself creatively, and autonomously, without enmeshment or other more overt forms of suppression of the Soul, then you would have a very different world view from which to base all future experiences and decisions upon.

To further explain this phenomenon, your childhood experience, or arguably your Soul’s experience through multiple lifetimes, would attach meaning to every other similar experience based on your past – not on the present moment.

If the color red was associated with pain and upset, you would again feel pain and upset every time you saw this color, even though it is simply one of a myriad different vibrations on the viewable light spectrum. Red, would therefore act as a trigger.

In other people, red might signify passion, love, or creative force. You can see how this early programming can cause very different life trajectories and experiences. If red is associated to a highly traumatic experience, then we might even feel fearful and shrink into ourselves just seeing pink!

When the ancient yogis talked about samskaras – rote patterns of thinking – they may not have known specifically how proteins bind to neurons to reinforce these neural pathways, or “neurosis” every time someone once again sees “red,” but interestingly, this is exactly what happens.

The neural pathways are bound with proteins and then built up like scar tissue. In some of my earliest yoga classes I was taught that samskaras can be translated loosely to mean, “some scars.” I never knew how prescient this definition truly was until I learned more about the neurological processes of undoing the brain’s patterned thinking.

Nonetheless, substances like DMT, endogenous to the human body, but greatly increased with the use of things like meditation or even a dark room, work to undo these “scars” in our neurological make-up.

They lovingly disrupt these patterns – sometimes with a spiritual wallop we weren’t expecting – but always to help us ascend out of the self-created prison that this mind-set is perpetuating.

Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca, for example, hyper-activates the region of the brain were we store memories – which are almost always entrenched in emotion. Sometimes memories which were long forgotten on the surface – just as in a deep meditative state. We are then able to use a different part of our brain to re-assign meaning to that experience, and to let the emotion go, so that the pattern does not re-establish itself, affecting our future experience.

New neural connections are made, and as we go forward, we have an “evolved consciousness,” meaning we are no longer a slave to our previous experience and the emotions attached to them.

Ayahuasca activates the highly evolved Neo-cortex, where we perceive reason and make decisions. It also activates the amygdala – including the earliest memories – both traumatic and inspiring. This plant medicine also activates the insula, which creates a bridge between our emotions and our ability to reason, but as popular as Ayahuasca is, it isn’t the only ways to increase endogenous substances like DMT which can jolt us out of an uninspired or even traumatic mindset.

Natural Ways to Increase DMT

We can also create higher levels of DMT naturally. Two of the easiest methods require down-time – quite literally.

The ancient Egyptians understood that a dark room and contemplative state of mind can induce the creation of DMT, along with other substances like Ayahuasca, “magic” mushrooms, and even the Acacia tree, however, with a pitch-dark room and meditative states we can achieve these states without the help of exogenous substances.

The dark room helps the brain to create melatonin and serotonin which are precursors to DMT. When DMT levels reach 25 mgs, we start to have a very different experience of reality – some might call them precursors to the psychedelic experience.

Once DMT reaches an even higher level in the brain, people report seeing spirits, angels, and meeting ancestors. These states are likely induced by several endogenous substances (meaning brain chemicals we make ourselves).

Meditation also increases DMT naturally, as evidenced in scientific studies like this one. Different binaural beats, and other meditation methods help us to produce more precursors (tryptamines) to DMT – serotonin and melatonin, but also DMT itself.

Certain breathing techniques as well as diets also increase DMT naturally. Many yogic traditions focus on slowing the breath, and it is taught that is you can decrease your breathing rate to four breaths per minute, the brain starts to make DMT while you are awake.

Kundalini yoga also offers its own version of pranayama to induce greater DMT production and raised levels of consciousness.

Or try, meditations that focus specifically on the 6th and 7th chakras for the same benefits.

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

bluestflame (19th June 2022), Bruno (21st December 2017), Casey Claar (19th June 2022), ceetee9 (20th December 2017), drneglector (20th December 2017), enigma3 (20th December 2017), etheric underground (22nd December 2017), ExomatrixTV (19th June 2022), Fellow Aspirant (21st December 2017), Friggasdottir (Yesterday), Johnnycomelately (19th June 2022), kanishk (21st December 2017), Leonard (26th March 2018), mab777 (20th December 2017), Michelle Marie (20th December 2017), Nasu (20th December 2017), sanma (20th December 2017), Sunny-side-up (21st December 2017), toppy (20th December 2017), we-R-one (20th December 2017), wondering (21st December 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

Default Re: Your Brain on DMT and How to Make It Naturally

Oh wow! Dynamo -- this is Awesome!!!

Feelings are Truth from your Soul

I learned this! Once I caught myself denying my feelings. I judged myself and said I was too sensitive. But then I caught myself, and said "wait a minute! Feelings are real!" I started honoring and meditating on my feelings. They definitely are a portal to soul truth -- the infinite Absolute. -- genius creativity. -- intuitive intelligence.

Once while honoring a sense of anger that emerged, I meditated on it and got: " There's a secret and your soul wants you to know about it." I confronted the person with this information. The reply:"Ok. Since you're so intuitive, I'll tell you the secret." And he did.

I haven't watched the whole video yet because I need to set aside 3 hours. That's long, but I can tell already...SUPER valuable.

DMT image spot on!

🌠⭐️🌠MM🌠⭐️🌠
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 20th December 2017 at 18:08.
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

dynamo (20th December 2017), ExomatrixTV (19th June 2022), Leonard (24th March 2018), toppy (20th December 2017), we-R-one (20th December 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,188 times in 1,661 posts

I became aware of the concept of DMT thanks to a few expoundings from venerable British archeologist Graham Hancock (one of my intellectual heros) who confesses to have 'done' Ayahuasca many times-

according to Hancock our stomachs produce an enzyme that neutralizes the DMT in our systems (should make us question why are bodies produce DMT to begin with only to later be neutralized)- I'm just quoting Hancock; it's not my idea-

according to Hancock the Ayahuasca brew contains 2 leaves:

one contains DMT and the other one contains a substance that neutralizes the enzyme in our stomachs that neutralizes DMT, in other words it alows the DMT to work-

Hancock also stated every aspiring politician should experience 10 Ayahuasca trips before they enter politics as it forces one to brutally face one's self, i.e. it's a truth serum-

please be well dynamo and all other readers-

Larry

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Bruno (21st December 2017), dynamo (20th December 2017), ExomatrixTV (19th June 2022), gini (20th June 2022), Michelle Marie (20th December 2017), toppy (21st December 2017), we-R-one (20th December 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,631 times in 20,810 posts

Lightbulb Re: Your Brain on DMT and How to Make It Naturally

• Breathing Techniques To Release DMT! (Must Try):

• Warning - important message, please read carefully : The breathing exercise has a profound effect and should be practiced in the way it is explained. Always do the breathing exercise in a safe environment (e.g. sitting on a couch/floor) and unforced. Never practice the exercises before or during diving, driving, swimming, taking a bath or in any other environment/place where, should you pass out, a serious injury could occur. Wim Hof breathing may cause tingling sensations and/or lightheadedness. If you’ve fainted, it means that you went to far. Take a step back next time. Do not practice the method during pregnancy or when having epilepsy. Persons with cardiovascular health issues, or any other (serious) health conditions, should always consult a medical doctor before starting with the Wim Hof Method.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

gini (20th June 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Casey Claar's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,969 times in 727 posts

Please do not go so far as passing out.

Note that the techniques explained in this video ( holotropic breathing ) are ADVANCED techniques and should be built up to over years not practiced on a dime.

Beginners should not practice breath retentions or suspensions. The natural breath should be minimally 7-8 seconds in length before holds are added to any particular technique.

Always begin where you are and proceed intelligently. Know that any breath work that takes you deeper into your breathing than normal will have a desired effect.

While practicing with the breath, if lightheadedness occurs immediately return to a normal rhythmic breath until you are ready to continue.

Here is an example of how to work up to suspensions/retentions

Ride those w a v e s

Casey
    "Love is what is left when you let go of everything you no longer need." —Raj

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (20th June 2022), gini (20th June 2022), Kryztian (19th June 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (20th June 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

On second thought I am going to embed the video I linked to up there.

Safe journeys.

Casey

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (20th June 2022), Kryztian (19th June 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (20th June 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Also...........

I would like to confirm that spiritual disciplines increase, or rather return DMT levels facilitated by the brain back to their normals.

It is never going to be a single discipline, though, that helps this to happen. It is the way of being, thinking and acting brought about through the practicing of spiritual disciplines that does. For me this included/involved deep study and a very precise "pattern" of practices : atma vicar ( self enquiry ), savasana ( dead man's pose; exploring the act of dying ), brahmacarya ( celibacy, reunion within the self ), tratak ( conscious gazing ). Yoga, Ie: meditation, pranayama, asana, Ie: care of the human frame were, and are, likewise involved however it is the previous four disciplines that did the bulk of the heavy lifting where I was concerned. I have been highly visual since birth, highly aware of my inner world, the disciplines brought this deeper into my cognitive frame/faculties <-- this is the part that for many of us tends to be the most critical. I can see the inner fields, often with my eyes fully open. I can make the conscious shift between fields. I can be here AND somewhere else. Yes!......(as the man in the video says) on my own supply. This took a lifetime, not a day. This took a lifetime devoted to discipline.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (20th June 2022), Kryztian (19th June 2022), onevoice (19th June 2022)

+ Reply to Thread