Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst 1 11 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Water Fasting

1. Link to Post #401
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: Water Fasting

Quote Posted by oz93666 (here)
    Bragg does not recommend longer than 7 days fasting . Experience on himself and others showed it was not beneficial...
    well that's wrong, but hey, we all learn and grow.

my 25 day fast was nothing but beneficial, I quit because I honestly was bored.

People have done 300+ days b4
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alan (6th June 2021), Bill Ryan (5th June 2021), Chip (5th August 2021), Harmony (10th July 2021), Hym (10th July 2021), Kryztian (10th July 2021), mountain_jim (10th July 2021), Peace in Oz (5th June 2021), RunningDeer (5th June 2021), Victoria (10th July 2021)

3. Link to Post #402
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

Bragg does not recommend longer than 7 days fasting . Experience on himself and others showed it was not beneficial...
    Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

There’s no one right way. We’re all different. A few things that come into play are: beliefs, dietary habits, and willingness to experiment.

Posted here is a free pdf and snippets from the book - A Year Without Food.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 10th July 2021 at 04:52.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th June 2021), Chip (5th August 2021), Harmony (10th July 2021), Hym (10th July 2021), mountain_jim (10th July 2021), Peace in Oz (13th June 2021), Strat (5th June 2021), TargeT (12th December 2021), Victoria (10th July 2021)

5. Link to Post #403
    Language
    English
    Thanks

A passage from “Prof. Arnold Ehret's Mucusless Diet Healing System“
    “ …What actually happens in the body during a fast. the body must first be considered as a machine, a mechanism made of rubber-like material which has been over-expanded during its entire life through overeating. Therefore, the functioning of the organism is continually obstructed by an unnatural overpressure of the blood and on the tissues. As soon as you stop eating, this overpressure is rapidly relieved. The avenues of the circulation contract, the blood becomes more concentrated, and the superfluous water is eliminated. This goes on for the first few days and you may even feel fine; but then the obstructions of the circulation become greater because the diameter of the avenues becomes smaller and the blood must circulate through many parts of the body, especially in the tissues, at and around the symptom, against sticky mucus pressed out and dissolved from the inside walls; in other words, the bloodstream must overcome, dissolve, and carry with itself mucus and poisons for elimination through the kidneys.

When you fast, you eliminate first and at once the primary obstructions of wrong and too much eating. This results in your feeling relatively good, or possibly even better, than when eating, but, as previously explained, you bring new, secondary obstructions from your own waste in the circulation and you feel miserable. You and everyone else blame the lack of food. The next day you can notice with certainty mucus in the urine and when the quantity of waste taken in the circulation, is eliminated, you will undoubtedly feel fine, even stronger than ever before. So it is a well-known fact that a faster can feel better and is actually stronger on the 20th day than on the 5th or 6th day, certainly a tremendous proof that vitality does not depend primarily on food, but rather from an unobstructed circulation.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 5th June 2021 at 18:08.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th June 2021), Blacklight43 (1st July 2021), Chip (5th August 2021), Hym (10th July 2021), Kryztian (10th July 2021), leavesoftrees (6th June 2021), mountain_jim (10th July 2021), Peace in Oz (5th June 2021), pueblo (6th August 2021), Strat (16th June 2021), Victoria (10th July 2021)

7. Link to Post #404
    United States Avalon Member Blacklight43's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,900 times in 245 posts

Last week I decided to try water fasting again. I found the water fasting easier than the Master Cleanse in that I had nothing to prepare, period. Also my hunger subsided sooner...about day 3. I did have a mild headache the entire time but not bad enough to treat. I also kept up my everyday routine. On day 4 while walking my 4.5 mile morning walk I had to stop and sit for a few minutes because I was sweating profusely and my partner was very concerned.

On day 5 the same thing happened and decided to call it quits. I spent day 6 drinking diluted veggie juice which seemed to restore lost minerals. I also had such a bad "charlie horse" in my right leg and foot that left it sore for a couple of days.

In my wise old years I did some more research and came across some info that made sense to me... When water fasting you need to do it while RESTING. And they would like you to do it under supervision. My next attempt...I keep aiming for 7 days...will be done while taking a vacation from everyday activities.

Anyway after getting back to normal eating and feeling normal again I noticed some skin issues cleared up as well as some joint pain. I was obviously cleaning out some toxins and isn't that the main object of fasting (besides losing some weight)? I'll post again on my next go round.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Blacklight43 For This Post:

Alecs (12th December 2021), Bill Ryan (10th July 2021), Chip (5th August 2021), Harmony (10th July 2021), Hym (10th July 2021), Kryztian (10th July 2021), RunningDeer (10th July 2021), Victoria (10th July 2021)

9. Link to Post #405
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

There’s no one right way.
    The nuance of language....

"not recommending over 7 days" is wrong... it's inherently against our basic physiology... I did not prescribe to a "right way", simply mentioned an anecdotal incidents that disproved the 7 days Bs... WE NEED TO EAT FAR LESS, all the time.....

so, I"ll double down

unless you have less than 3% body fat (which is almost no one) you can fast for a 15+ days easily with mild physical exertion (if your working out while fasting, I'd cut that down a bit, but listen to your body), though you may have to manage mineral supplements like me, I have to drink "snake juice" (Sodium chloride, Potassium chloride & sodium bicarbonate) so my muscles don't cramp.

They key here is not to fear and self experiment, find YOUR limits & what works for YOU.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th July 2021), Blacklight43 (10th July 2021), Chip (5th August 2021), Harmony (10th July 2021), Hym (10th July 2021), selinam (5th August 2021), Victoria (10th July 2021)

11. Link to Post #406
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,306 times in 1,825 posts

Throwing in my experience here.

So I read Dr. Fung's book on fasting. Dr Fung was a doctor for Georges St Pierre (GSP). Long story short, GSP began having blood in his stool. After fasting upon Dr Fung's instructions he got better and actually slightly increased in bone density and muscle growth. The book explains that after a certain period of time the pineal gland bumps up HGH production so I assume this is why that happened. The doc does stress that bodies are different and react differently to fasts and that it's important to do this in tandem with a doctor, especially if you have diabetes.

Anyway I haven't yet fasted an entire day because it's always best to ease the body into these things. I chose to try the 16/8 feeding schedule as demonstrated in the book. Basically you have an 8 hour window to eat, then you fast 16 hours. It's quite simple, you're more or less skipping breakfast. While doing this I ate very clean, meaning if the food came in a box or a package I didn't eat it (this was also suggested in the book).

I use a fitbit and I did continue to exercise albeit lightly. I'd walk at least 10k steps a day and do push ups, pull ups, squats, light weight lifting and run through an old martial arts routine. This may sound like a lot but if you saw it you'd laugh, it was very easy to do I don't think I broke a sweat other than walking and that was due to FL heat and humidity.

I was shooting for a loss of 2 pounds per week. To my surprise I lost 7 pounds on the first week! This was very hard to believe but it's true. I always strip down before a weigh in so it's not like this is due to a change in clothes. I don't think I look 7 pounds lighter but my pants are definitely falling down and I'm having to tighten the belt more.

My plan at the moment is to keep doing what I'm doing and then move into intermittent fasting. I will occasionally do a 3 day fast, the book demonstrates the changes in metabolism that typically occurs after 3 days of water only fasting (bone broth can be drank during the fast as well)

I can find the name of the book if anyone is curious. I also highly recommend watching the interview with GSP by Lex Friedman. You don't need to see the whole thing, just the spot where he talks about fasting. I can find that as well if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Strat; 5th August 2021 at 17:48.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th August 2021), Chip (5th August 2021), Harmony (6th August 2021), Kryztian (5th August 2021), pueblo (6th August 2021), Rosco1 (6th August 2021), RunningDeer (5th August 2021), TargeT (12th December 2021), wondering (5th August 2021)

13. Link to Post #407
    United States Avalon Member Chip's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,467 times in 464 posts

25 days!
    That’s awesome
    I’m saving up my 25 days for Armageddon!
    LOL
    I also drink the “snake juice” and found out after having done many already that the addition of these salts eliminated all cramping allowing me to do more on a daily basis while fasting.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chip For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th August 2021), Blacklight43 (6th August 2021), Harmony (6th August 2021), pueblo (6th August 2021), RunningDeer (5th August 2021), TargeT (12th December 2021), wondering (5th August 2021)

15. Link to Post #408
    United States Avalon Member Chip's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,467 times in 464 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Just an update on my fast I noted in my previous post, to report an interesting outcome.

But the autophagy (the body's self-healing while fasting) kicked in and did its miracle thing.

I'd had a minor, but persistent left shoulder problem. It wasn't serious, and never stopped me from doing anything at all, but I had some restriction in movement and I had to be a little careful with my sleeping position. It wasn't getting worse, but wasn't getting better, and it'd been that way for over 6 months.

Now, it's 95% all gone, and I'm delighted. Not totally back to normal, but pretty close. If it's not 100% better in the next few days, I'll do another fast in a few weeks time to nail it.

It’s so nice to return to this Thread!
    It’s great to hear stories like this as they occur, making me wish I had kept a diary of all of them.
    If I had kept a diary it would’ve shown many results like the above from Bill.
    I have overcome so many sorenesses from fasting and it takes away any negative food
    attachments (after a while)

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chip For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th August 2021), Blacklight43 (6th August 2021), Harmony (6th August 2021), Hym (5th August 2021), RunningDeer (5th August 2021), wondering (5th August 2021)

17. Link to Post #409
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Strat
    The Complete Guide to Fasting: Heal Your Body Through
    Intermittent, Alternate-Day, and Extended Fasting

4.5 out of 5 - 12,819 ratings

Summary:
    Thousands of books have been written about the latest and greatest diets that will help people lose weight and improve health. But a key element in any successful nutritional health program is a tried-and-true method that most people haven’t thought about—yet it could be revolutionary for taking health to the next level. This ancient secret is fasting.

Fasting is not about starving oneself. When done right, it’s an incredibly effective therapeutic approach that produces amazing results regardless of diet plan. In fact, Toronto-based nephrologist Dr. Jason Fung has used a variety of fasting protocols with more than 1,000 patients, with fantastic success. In The Complete Guide to Fasting, he has teamed up with international bestselling author and veteran health podcaster Jimmy Moore to explain what fasting is really about, why it’s so important, and how to fast in a way that improves health. Together, they make fasting as a therapeutic approach both practical and easy to understand.

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Throwing in my experience here.

So I read Dr. Fung's book on fasting. Dr Fung was a doctor for Georges St Pierre (GSP). Long story short, GSP began having blood in his stool. After fasting upon Dr Fung's instructions he got better and actually slightly increased in bone density and muscle growth. The book explains that after a certain period of time the pineal gland bumps up HGH production so I assume this is why that happened. The doc does stress that bodies are different and react differently to fasts and that it's important to do this in tandem with a doctor, especially if you have diabetes.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th August 2021), Blacklight43 (11th December 2021), Harmony (6th August 2021), Hym (5th August 2021), Strat (5th August 2021), wondering (5th August 2021)

19. Link to Post #410
    Language
    English
    Thanks

My goal is to experiment with a breatharian lifestyle. I’m 4+ months along. It doesn’t have to mean no food nor liquids. I’ve learned from my research that some folks eat a small meal, one - three times a week.

I continue to slowly detox. A week ago, I added a month long intestinal and liver cleanse from potential parasites and bad bacteria.

I try to eat within the 6-8 hour window. The daily menu may consist of a couple of bowls of rice that’s been rinsed 4 times before cooking. I add in a bit of sesame tahini paste and amino acids. Other items are: vegan broth, distilled water, organic fruit juices (slightly watered down), several dried prunes.

I wash and freeze the grapes that way they stay fresh. I pour the juices into mason jars and freeze. No waste. On occasion I’ve had celery, red peppers, cucumbers and watermelon.

Walks, meditation, quality sleep, breathing exercises, Tai Chi, simple yoga poses help to foster life prana which contributes to cellular regeneration.

As I mentioned elsewhere, everything we ingest means the body systems must work non-stop. Food choices, fasting, intermittent-fasting assists to eliminate the excess rotting, toxic material, mucous, putrefied decaying gunk and gases that become more toxic and poisonous as it circulates or gets stuck. The rotting layers build up, pathways become clogged further taxing the body. The body hardly has a chance to eliminate what it may not have needed to efficiently run in the first place.

Lastly, I’ll have intermittent periods of aches and pains which means it’s the next level of detox. I’m keeping an open mind and understand that I’m a work in progress. I keep records. My weight has stabilized after loosing 10 lbs/4.5 kg. I weigh what I did in my 20’s-40’s. (I’m 71.)

My fat percentage ranges from 23%-24%. For women the healthy range is between 24%-31%.

My water percent ranges from 59.6% - 60.2%. For women after age 50 the percentage is 47%.

Water percentage tidbit(s):

“…By adulthood, men are around 60 percent water while women average around 50 percent. After 50, your body is sapped even more, with men at around 55 percent water and women at 47 percent.”

“The ideal percentage for adult women will fluctuate between 45 and 60%, while the ideal percentage for adult men will be between 50 and 65% of the total body. For the real athletic body types it is even recommended to have 5% more body water than the average adult range.

Body water is the primary building block for cells. It helps to regulate the internal body temperature, strengthens your muscles and moisturizes your skin. These are just a few examples.”
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 6th August 2021 at 19:07.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (6th August 2021), Bill Ryan (5th August 2021), Harmony (6th August 2021), Hym (6th August 2021), Kryztian (18th August 2021), Pam (18th August 2021), Peace in Oz (5th August 2021), pueblo (6th August 2021), wondering (6th August 2021)

21. Link to Post #411
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,975 times in 462 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    My goal is to experiment with a breatharian lifestyle. I’m 4+ months and counting. It doesn’t have to mean no food nor liquids. I’ve learned from my research that some folks eat a small meal, one - three times a week.

I continue to slowly detox. A week ago, I added a month long intestinal and liver cleanse from potential parasites and bad bacteria.

I try to eat within the 8 hour window. The daily menu may consist of a couple of bowls of rice that’s been rinsed 4 times before cooking. I add in a bit of sesame tahini paste and amino acids. Other items are: vegan broth, distilled water, organic fruit juices (slightly watered down), several dried prunes.
    You don't eat vegetables?

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

avid (6th August 2021), Bill Ryan (6th August 2021), Harmony (6th August 2021), Hym (6th August 2021), Pam (18th August 2021), RunningDeer (6th August 2021)

23. Link to Post #412
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by leavesoftrees (here)
    You don't eat vegetables?
    No vegetables. Only twice in the last 4+ months I shopped for celery, red peppers and cucumbers. When you think about it fruitarians don’t eat vegetables, nor do hard core carnivorous. The health difference is for meat, fish, dairy, eggs what happens is layers of toxicity build up. The elimination process becomes sluggish and eventually compromised because of slow moving, rotting food.

That’s the important part for me. I want a clean machine that runs like it was designed so long ago. Self healing, self-sustaining by way of life force/prana rather than the belief that it comes from food.

Four+ months ago I either tossed out my food stash, donated to the local food bank or fed the horses and chicken here on the farm. Even the herbs, spices, organic herb teas and coffee-like products went. The only thing I saved are supplements which I’ve not taken and vegetables that are non-bioengineered, non-GMO, with a shelf life of 25 yrs. (unopened). I’ve added to that stash for the last 7-8 years in preparation of a price increase and availability.

Clarification on the supplements. As mentioned in the last post, I’m taking two products for a month to rid potential parasites and bad bacteria. They have natural ingredient like chickweed, fennel seed, cloves, ginger, walnut, etc.

For over five years, I ate vegan and then transition to whole foods. It was about 97% of the time. The other 3% was for when I visit friends and family, or have a hankering for a cheese pizza and such.

That’s what I like about experimenting with breatharianism. I create my own template, upgrade the belief system and at the very least, I’ve got a squeaky clean machine.

I’m experimenting. Whether it’s life long or it ends tomorrow, I’ll "know" when I get there.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 6th August 2021 at 14:05.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (6th August 2021), Bill Ryan (6th August 2021), Blacklight43 (11th December 2021), Hym (11th December 2021), Kryztian (18th August 2021), leavesoftrees (7th August 2021), Pam (17th August 2021), pueblo (6th August 2021)

25. Link to Post #413
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,369 times in 3,306 posts

Wonderful talk on the cutting edge benefit of water fasting and the effects of changing genome expression through water fasting. Dr. Jamnadas shares all sorts of benefits, some based on the work of Dr. Fung but other work as well. He is also a delightful speaker so he is very fun to listen to. How refreshing to see a medical doctor that understands his job is to align things so that the body can heal itself. I highly recommend this.

I am on day two and it has been made tolerable by the simple tip of putting a dash of himalayan salt in your water. It really does cut down on detox symptoms.

This is a great thread, thanks for all your contributions. I can't help but wonder if the vaxxine damaged might benefit from this process.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th August 2021), Blacklight43 (17th August 2021), DNA (11th December 2021), Harmony (11th December 2021), Hym (11th December 2021), leavesoftrees (18th August 2021), RunningDeer (18th August 2021), Strat (23rd February 2023), Violet3 (12th December 2021)

27. Link to Post #414
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,560 times in 32,726 posts

Bumping this great thread with a routine report, and perhaps a little added interest. I'm on Day 4 of a water fast, and will probably only go for today and tomorrow until I approach my minimum healthy weight. (My personal view is that it's not really a good idea to slip below that.)

But here's something new, not yet posted on this thread. Richard Anderson's well-known Arise and Shine protocol for fasting (website here) recommends using bentonite clay + psyllium husk to help cleanse and detox.

The psyllium husk swells with water to add bulk, and isn't absorbed. And the bentonite clay absorbs all the toxins it contacts before it's all eliminated just as normal.

One can take this mixture 3-4 times a day, spaced out by a few hours each time. It's tasteless and all very easy. (And because it fills the stomach, it helps to quell any feelings of hunger. )

Instructions:
    1. Mix 1 tablespoon bentonite with 10 oz water (may substitute up to 4 oz fresh fruit juice).
    2. Add 2 teaspoons Psyllium and mix until thoroughly blended. Drink immediately, as it will thicken.
    3. Follow with 10 oz water immediately afterward.
    Off topic on this thread, and I do NOT have any references for this (of any kind!) — but it definitely seems worth considering that this kind of toxin-absorbing cleanse might possibly help to detox from the vaxx if one's been compelled to receive the shot.

So I'm going to take some of this a few times today. I last used this protocol 10 years ago, and at that time it supported me through a 14 day fast, the longest I've done. I'll do nothing like that this time, so it's really just an experiment to remind myself how it feels.

28. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (12th December 2021), Billy Vasiliadis (11th December 2021), Blacklight43 (11th December 2021), Chip (12th December 2021), DNA (11th December 2021), Ernie Nemeth (11th December 2021), Harmony (11th December 2021), Hym (11th December 2021), leavesoftrees (12th December 2021), Raven (16th December 2021), RunningDeer (11th December 2021), shamballaOn (11th December 2021), T Smith (12th December 2021), Violet3 (12th December 2021), Yoda (11th December 2021)

29. Link to Post #415
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Bumping this great thread with a routine report, and perhaps a little added interest. I'm on Day 4 of a water fast, and will probably only go for today and tomorrow until I approach my minimum healthy weight. (My personal view is that it's not really a good idea to slip below that.)

But here's something new, not yet posted on this thread. Richard Anderson's well-known Arise and Shine protocol for fasting (website here) recommends using bentonite clay + psyllium husk to help cleanse and detox.

The psyllium husk swells with water to add bulk, and isn't absorbed. And the bentonite clay absorbs all the toxins it contacts before it's all eliminated just as normal.

One can take this mixture 3-4 times a day, spaced out by a few hours each time. It's tasteless and all very easy. (And because it fills the stomach, it helps to quell any feelings of hunger. )

Instructions:
    1. Mix 1 tablespoon bentonite with 10 oz water (may substitute up to 4 oz fresh fruit juice).
    2. Add 2 teaspoons Psyllium and mix until thoroughly blended. Drink immediately, as it will thicken.
    3. Follow with 10 oz water immediately afterward.
    Off topic on this thread, and I do NOT have any references for this (of any kind!) — but it definitely seems worth considering that this kind of toxin-absorbing cleanse might possibly help to detox from the vaxx if one's been compelled to receive the shot.

So I'm going to take some of this a few times today. I last used this protocol 10 years ago, and at that time it supported me through a 14 day fast, the longest I've done. I'll do nothing like that this time, so it's really just an experiment to remind myself how it feels.
    Great tips and thanks, Bill.

I have an unopened package of Calcium Bentonite Clay Food Grade Powder staring at me on the kitchen counter. Psyllium is the perfect partner. I'll also check out Arise and Shine.
    Happy health journey. ♡
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 11th December 2021 at 17:43.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th December 2021), Blacklight43 (11th December 2021), DNA (11th December 2021), Harmony (11th December 2021), Hym (11th December 2021), Violet3 (12th December 2021)

31. Link to Post #416
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,657 times in 4,303 posts

Quote Posted by Pam (here)
    Wonderful talk on the cutting edge benefit of water fasting and the effects of changing genome expression through water fasting. Dr. Jamnadas shares all sorts of benefits, some based on the work of Dr. Fung but other work as well. He is also a delightful speaker so he is very fun to listen to. How refreshing to see a medical doctor that understands his job is to align things so that the body can heal itself. I highly recommend this.

I am on day two and it has been made tolerable by the simple tip of putting a dash of himalayan salt in your water. It really does cut down on detox symptoms.

This is a great thread, thanks for all your contributions. I can't help but wonder if the vaxxine damaged might benefit from this process.

I've watched this. This guy is top notch. Helped convince me to do a fast. I did a ten day and for a fat guy the health benefits were amazing!!! Blood pressure went down, some swelling left not to return. My energy levels went up. I'm due for another.
    This doctor states that fasting is one of the only ways for a healthy adult to begin producing stem cells again.
    I believe him.
    He preaches eating once a day when not fasting.
    Great stuff!!!

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th December 2021), Blacklight43 (11th December 2021), Gwin Ru (11th December 2021), Harmony (11th December 2021), Hym (11th December 2021), jc71 (13th December 2021), leavesoftrees (12th December 2021), RunningDeer (11th December 2021), Violet3 (12th December 2021)

33. Link to Post #417
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,666 times in 638 posts

Last Tuesday I got COVID! It was a very tough 24 hours! And obviously I did not eat. It turned into my first ever 4 day fast. Day 5 felt like it never even happened.

34. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Alecs (12th December 2021), Bill Ryan (11th December 2021), Blacklight43 (11th December 2021), DNA (12th December 2021), East Sun (11th December 2021), Ernie Nemeth (11th December 2021), Gwin Ru (11th December 2021), Harmony (11th December 2021), Hym (11th December 2021), jc71 (13th December 2021), leavesoftrees (12th December 2021), Raven (13th December 2021), RunningDeer (11th December 2021)

35. Link to Post #418
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Chip (here)
    I also drink the “snake juice” and found out after having done many already that the addition of these salts eliminated all cramping allowing me to do more on a daily basis while fasting.
    no way I could do it with out those salts... if I fast 2 days with out them I have muscle cramps.. but again... we are all very custom models, find what works for you.

I also have unique motivation, both my wrists are severly damaged as well as my right knee... so exercise is limited (but my ego shuns it because I cannot do what I used to be able to do)... so I've gone heavy into what I can control, which is caloric intake (aka one of the few proven ways to cause life span longevity, though if you aren't fat heavy, there can be some cognitive issues)
    Last edited by TargeT; 12th December 2021 at 06:35.
    Where are you?

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th December 2021), Chip (12th December 2021), Peace in Oz (13th December 2021), RunningDeer (12th December 2021)

37. Link to Post #419
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,397 times in 1,674 posts

I recently went through a 25 day water fast. I did ingest about a teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar and a pinch of Himalayan sea salt daily, but other than that, only water for 25 days.

I won't sugar coat it, the last week or so was rough. I wan't hungry, but my body ached and I could tell I was losing muscle mass, on top of the first-world fat my body had accumulated and stored over the past decade or so (which was defiantly a good thing!). But I also knew my body was healing. Various skin blemishes began disappearing. My body began consuming the cholesterol in my arteries. My skin tightened and I looked ten years younger. My entire digestive system healed. To be blunt, I am among the age demographic that gets up two to three times a night to use use the bathroom; after the fast I no longer needed to do this, despite the amount of water I was drinking. My prostrate shrank.

Between day 7 - 14 is the sweet spot. Your senses heighten and I experienced a certain "fasting high" where spiritual enlightenment encompassed my awareness; you never want to leave this bliss. Everything is clear. The universe and God become paramount in your waking consciousness, in every moment; not only is your body in reset, your mind and spirt also reset.

It's been about a month now since my fast, and I haven't yet eaten any junk food or incorporated any processed food into my diet. I can't do it. The thought of it repulses me. I have gradually incorporated red wine and some other alcohol and coffee back into my diet, in moderation, but so far no other processed foods.

I'm not sure I'll do the 25 day fast again anytime soon--it was a commitment--but I do believe it may have added years on my life and I will certainly partake in some kind of fast yearly.

You just can't appreciate how beneficial the fast is until you do it.

Our bodies need it...especially in the milieu of world we live in.

38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th October 2022), Brigantia (6th October 2022), Casey Claar (6th October 2022), DNA (25th March 2023), Harmony (6th October 2022), leavesoftrees (6th October 2022), mokosh (6th October 2022), Peace in Oz (6th October 2022), pueblo (6th October 2022), RunningDeer (6th October 2022), Strat (23rd February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (6th October 2022)

39. Link to Post #420
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,560 times in 32,726 posts

T Smith, kudos to you!

I'm on Day 6 of a water fast right now, and I'll probably stop tomorrow. I feel I know quite a lot about all this now, and these are my principal personal guidelines:
    • Don't go below your minimum healthy weight. Of course, that varies for everyone, and can't really be established with a formula. But you need to know, or figure out, what it is for you. In my own case, it's 150 lbs (68 kg). I never drop below that on a fast, and usually stop at a few pounds above.
    • Because my average weight is about 160 lbs (72.5 kg), that means I really can't fast for too long!
    • Always listen to your body. Sometimes I've embarked on a fast, and just a day or two later my body said "STOP." If I get that "message", I always stop. I never ever force it.
    • In particular, if your body starts to crave protein, that means that muscle mass is being lost. My own response to that is also to STOP. (I break my fasts with fruit and veg juice, but fish for me is always okay the day after that.) In my strong view, losing muscle means you're now in emergency mode and that just isn't worth it.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 14th October 2022 at 13:01.

40. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (14th October 2022), Casey Claar (14th October 2022), DNA (25th March 2023), Harmony (14th October 2022), Inversion (14th October 2022), Kryztian (14th October 2022), leavesoftrees (15th October 2022), Peace in Oz (14th October 2022), RunningDeer (14th October 2022), T Smith (25th March 2023), Yoda (14th October 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst 1 11 21 22 LastLast