+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 1 6 16 22 LastLast

Thread: Water Fasting

1. Link to Post #101
    Great Britain Avalon Member Flyswim's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Water Fasting

Well, somehow I have arrived at Day 13 of my Water Fast! I'm really doing well, and feel upbeat with high energy levels. All my 'systems' are back to normal and my skin is glowing. I've been drinking hot water from the kettle (in a mug!) as I find it soothing and we are having unprecedented snow storms in Britain - London is covered in snow! I have 1 cup of coffee daily (no urge to have more) and a tsp of natural sea salt daily. I'm sleeping well and lots of my body aches have gone. I don't know how long I will continue and am still taking it on a day to day basis. I can feel and see that I've lost weight but that is not my primary motivation. I'll keep you all updated with my progress

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flyswim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd March 2018), Humanbean (12th March 2018), jc71 (3rd March 2018), kanishk (5th March 2018), Michelle Marie (3rd March 2018), Peace in Oz (10th June 2021), Rich (3rd March 2018), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

3. Link to Post #102
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,403 times in 258 posts

Quote Posted by Flyswim (here)
    Well, somehow I have arrived at Day 13 of my Water Fast! I'm really doing well, and feel upbeat with high energy levels. All my 'systems' are back to normal and my skin is glowing. I've been drinking hot water from the kettle (in a mug!) as I find it soothing and we are having unprecedented snow storms in Britain - London is covered in snow! I have 1 cup of coffee daily (no urge to have more) and a tsp of natural sea salt daily. I'm sleeping well and lots of my body aches have gone. I don't know how long I will continue and am still taking it on a day to day basis. I can feel and see that I've lost weight but that is not my primary motivation. I'll keep you all updated with my progress
    Hi Flyswim,

That's fantastic, well done! Keep going if you are feeling it

I stopped mid week, and I didn't have any problems getting back to normal eating. I didn't really do a massive transition, just took it easy for 24 hours, then was back to normal.

Watching with interest!

JC

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jc71 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd March 2018), Flyswim (6th March 2018), Humanbean (12th March 2018), Michelle Marie (5th March 2018), Peace in Oz (10th June 2021), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

5. Link to Post #103
    Thanks

Thanks for your interest, JC. I was impressed that you did your Water Fast in a family setting while everyone else was eating - Kudos. If you don't mind sharing, I have some questions re breaking your Fast. Were you able to return to 'normal' eating i.e. meat, wheat et al without any problems to your digestive system (or disposal!)? Has the Fast changed your attitude to food and what you want to eat? Will you do another Fast? Thanks in advance for any questions you choose to answer

As for me, I'm on Day 16. Wowzers! I'm well in the groove now and still taking it day by day. My mind is so clear and my senses are sharp. I've always been a tad synaesthetic with colours (and auras?) and this extra sense is now extremely vibrant and has sprung into life. Quite the trip

I have been fortunate that I've been able work over the internet for the past 2 weeks but I'm now facing an intensive week - out and about in London with a myriad of teaching gigs (one to one (intense!) and presentations to give in corporate settings. I'm interested in how this affects my energy levels and ability to Fast. I'll keep you all posted.

Oh, one last thing. My detox has now moved to my skin. I've suffered from hives since childhood and am now getting small, quick and not too itchy outbreaks. Fascinating. I'm also now craving Spinach - or to be more precise the water that Spinach is cooked in. I may have that when I break my Fast.

Thanks to everyone for their continued interest and support (and info.)

Flyswim

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Flyswim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2018), Blacklight43 (6th March 2018), Humanbean (12th March 2018), jc71 (8th March 2018), Jean-Luc (1st April 2018), leavesoftrees (7th March 2018), Michelle Marie (11th March 2018), Peace in Oz (10th June 2021), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

7. Link to Post #104
    Thanks

I'm on Day 18 and still going strong. I'm in the good part of the Fast - high energy, mood, focus and a clear mind. Obviously, I know that there are more detox days ahead but for now - all is really great. I'm still taking it day by day and will probably stop when my tongue is pink again (it is currently white) as this is a sign the detox is done OR I feel hungry! I feel very determined and motivated so let's see. Onwards!
    Last edited by Flyswim; 8th March 2018 at 13:18.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Flyswim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2018), Blacklight43 (8th March 2018), Humanbean (12th March 2018), jc71 (8th March 2018), Jean-Luc (1st April 2018), Michelle Marie (11th March 2018), Morbid (9th March 2018), Peace in Oz (10th June 2021), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

9. Link to Post #105
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks for your interest, JC. I was impressed that you did your Water Fast in a family setting while everyone else was eating - Kudos. If you don't mind sharing, I have some questions re breaking your Fast. Were you able to return to 'normal' eating i.e. meat, wheat et al without any problems to your digestive system (or disposal!)? Has the Fast changed your attitude to food and what you want to eat? Will you do another Fast? Thanks in advance for any questions you choose to answer

As for me, I'm on Day 16. Wowzers! I'm well in the groove now and still taking it day by day. My mind is so clear and my senses are sharp. I've always been a tad synaesthetic with colours (and auras?) and this extra sense is now extremely vibrant and has sprung into life. Quite the trip

I have been fortunate that I've been able work over the internet for the past 2 weeks but I'm now facing an intensive week - out and about in London with a myriad of teaching gigs (one to one (intense!) and presentations to give in corporate settings. I'm interested in how this affects my energy levels and ability to Fast. I'll keep you all posted.

Oh, one last thing. My detox has now moved to my skin. I've suffered from hives since childhood and am now getting small, quick and not too itchy outbreaks. Fascinating. I'm also now craving Spinach - or to be more precise the water that Spinach is cooked in. I may have that when I break my Fast.

Thanks to everyone for their continued interest and support (and info.)

Flyswim
    Hi Flyswim,

Apologies, I missed this update. When I broke the fast, I first of all had a Yakult (pro-biotic) drink as I had read something about replenishing some bacteria in the gut. I was horrified to see how much sugar was in that little bottle however and it tasted very sweet. However, a few hours later, I then proceeded to have 1 fried egg, 2 pieces of smoked bacon, and 1 tiny sausage as my first meal, and it was absolutely fine. Delicious in fact.

After that, I have to admit I went on a bit of an eating binge, indulging in all of the foods I had been thinking about during the fast, so I had some fish and chips from the chip shop, I had a pizza of some sort, I had a cheeseburger and chips, and I had a curry take away. This wasn't all in one go - they were various meals over the next few days.

To be honest, none of this really affected me in a particularly bad way except for the curry which did make me feel a bit ill. I think that was a step too far.

Since I have calmed down again, it has changed my attitude to eating somewhat. I have started to do what I think you would call intermittent fasting in that I am now just eating one normal sized meal (e.g. soup, bread roll with cheese and a small dessert such as a mini cheesecake) at lunchtime, and I am not eating in the evenings or the mornings, so it is like having a 23 hour fast each day.

This seems to be suiting me fairly well so far, and where I did put a few pounds back on after fasting, I am now losing again at a rate of about 1/2 lb per day.

Well done on getting to day 16 (or 18 I think if I see your more recent post out of the corner of my eye!). I look forward to your further updates.

I think I will do another full fast soon, but for now I am happy doing my semi-fast.

Bye for now, and good luck when you do break it. It will be fine - just don't overdo it like I almost did

JC

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jc71 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2018), Flyswim (9th March 2018), Michelle Marie (11th March 2018), Peace in Oz (10th June 2021), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

11. Link to Post #106
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 times in 321 posts

good idea! i got two friends who swear by it. you have to drink good (structured) water ideally. also before the fast its better to cleanse the system before hand, ie by cutting out meat, having raw food diet or having chopped garlic swallowed (not chewed) with water before sleep every night for 2-4 weeks. also during the fast it will cause toxins to flush your intestines so better do enema to help thr detox process.
    Last edited by Morbid; 14th March 2018 at 01:35.
    "between 'lives' we all have a great laugh about the parts we have performed in the 'play', and look forward to and have great fun preparing the next chapters to act out."

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Morbid For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th March 2018), Flyswim (9th March 2018), jc71 (9th March 2018), Jean-Luc (1st April 2018), Michelle Marie (11th March 2018), Peace in Oz (10th June 2021), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

13. Link to Post #107
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

I'm on Day 18 and still going strong. I'm in the good part of the Fast - high energy, mood, focus and a clear mind. Obviously, I know that there are more detox days ahead but for now - all is really great. I'm still taking it day by day and will probably stop when my tongue is pink again (it is currently white) as this is a sign the detox is done OR I feel hungry! I feel very determined and motivated so let's see. Onwards!
    Very inspiring!

I'm going on a trip soon, and I will do a short fast (3 days) before I go. Maybe when I return I'll do a long one.

We will see...

Thanks for your inspiring reports.

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th March 2018), Flyswim (11th March 2018), jc71 (12th March 2018), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

15. Link to Post #108
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Morbid (here)
    good idea! i got two friends who swear by it. you have to drink good (structured) water ideally. also before the fast its better to cleanse the system before hand, ie by cutting out meat, having raw food diet or having chopped garlic swallowed (not chewed) with water before sleep every night for 2-4 weeks. also this will cause toxins to flush your intestines so better to do enema to help detox process.
    That's a great tip about the garlic before sleep. I'm going to try it.

I'm eating more raw food since I've been fasting intermittently. I don't eat much meat, in fact never beef or pork, but I do eat fish and poultry. Lately, only fish and vegetarian.

I'm deciding which days to fast next. I have a lunch on Tuesday with friends, so it will have to be after that.

It's nice to break old habits and make new ones. Now, some days are eating days, and some days aren't. It will be interesting to monitor the changes over time.

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th March 2018), Flyswim (11th March 2018), jc71 (12th March 2018), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

17. Link to Post #109
    Thanks

Quote After that, I have to admit I went on a bit of an eating binge, indulging in all of the foods I had been thinking about during the fast, so I had some fish and chips from the chip shop, I had a pizza of some sort, I had a cheeseburger and chips, and I had a curry take away. This wasn't all in one go - they were various meals over the next few days.
    Hi JC, I can't imagine what your digestive system made of ALL that rich food after your Fast! Funnily enough, I don't crave any of those foods. There is a good old fashioned British chippy that I have to walk past on my way home and the smell of batter and fat makes my stomach churn. I used to find it a comforting, 'childhood memories' smell!

Quote Since I have calmed down again, it has changed my attitude to eating somewhat. I have started to do what I think you would call intermittent fasting in that I am now just eating one normal sized meal (e.g. soup, bread roll with cheese and a small dessert such as a mini cheesecake) at lunchtime, and I am not eating in the evenings or the mornings, so it is like having a 23 hour fast each day.
    Yes, I can see that. I suspect that after a Fast, the body intelligence has a chance to be heard and can start to direct us to the way it wants to be fed? Good on you

Quote good idea! i got two friends who swear by it. you have to drink good (structured) water ideally. also before the fast its better to cleanse the system before hand
    Hi Morbid, Yes, I will incorporate Fasting into my lifestyle after I break this marathon Fast! I prepared by doing the 16/8 Fast 2 months beforehand and 2 weeks before the Fast, I mainly only ate plenty of vegetables with lashings of garlic. Garlic is my faourite taste and smell! I drink Spring Water and filtered water which I then boil and drink warm.

Quote Very inspiring!

I'm going on a trip soon, and I will do a short fast (3 days) before I go. Maybe when I return I'll do a long one.

We will see...

Thanks for your inspiring reports.
    Thanks Michelle, It is great that I'm inspiring people and I'm really grateful for the continued support. Good luck with your upcoming 3 day Fast - it gets into your psyche, eh?!

As for me, I am on Day 21! Still going strong and I will post another message to detail how I feel and what research I have found that may be of interest. ONWARDS!

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flyswim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th March 2018), jc71 (12th March 2018), Jean-Luc (1st April 2018), Michelle Marie (11th March 2018), Morbid (14th March 2018), Peace in Oz (10th June 2021), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

19. Link to Post #110
    Thanks

So, as mentioned, I am on Day 21 of my Water Fast. I really feel good – sharp mental clarity and focus and lots of energy. I’m sleeping well – 6 or 7 hours are optimum – and wake without any brain fog or sleep hangover. I usually lay for a few minutes listening to the birdsong (I’m an early bird) and Spring has sprung in London! Then I do some gentle body stretching and pour my first glass of water of the day!

I have developed some specific body aches, especially in my left knee and right ankle which are sites of old sports injuries. I’m now extremely aware of my body and can hear it talking (loudly!) to me. I found this day by day list of what common detox signs and stages to expect when on a Water Fast, which may be of interest, and I concur with them:

https://www.curezone.org/faq/q.asp?a...7%2c2836&q=759

Regarding my left knee ache/pain, I suspect I may be developing Osteoarthritis. I read this scientific research paper on the effects of Autophagy on Osteoarthritis. It can be quite heavy going in places but to summarise:

Osteoarthritis (OA), the most common chronic joint disease in older adults, is characterized by continuous degeneration of articular cartilage resulting in disability…Autophagy is an essential cellular homeostasis mechanism whereby cellular organelles and macromolecules are recycled to maintain cellular metabolism. Autophagy is reported to be cytoprotective effects for articular cartilage, and osteoarthritis is associated with decreased autophagy. While autophagy is known to be cytoprotective to chondrocytes, its role may vary with differing stages and models of osteoarthritis. Therefore, more in-depth studies on autophagy are needed to determine its impact…

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/...7.2016.1240790

I’ve booked a medical check-up on Monday 19 March as I want to see what my weight, blood pressure and blood tests for blood sugar, Liver and Kidney function reveal. Obviously, I’ve lost weight but I don’t have weighing scales as I didn’t want weight loss to be my focus. My motivation for doing this Fast is to detox and improve my health. I had major surgery almost exactly a year ago, and had to take many 'hard core' medical drugs before, during and after the surgery. I’m now healed and off the drugs but I know that there must be so much toxic residue hanging around in my body and I want rid! Interestingly, the scars (keyhole surgery) have started to fade – good old Autophagy!

Finally, I am craving (not strongly) spinach (and the water it’s boiled in!) and cucumbers! I smell cucumbers often, although I don’t have any (or any food) in my house. The mind is so strong! I looked up the nutritional content of cucumbers – who knew they provided so much:

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...dspice&dbid=42

I am still taking my Fast on a day by day basis but all hunger has gone and I am in the zone now. Let’s see how long I go. I’ve decided that as soon as I feel hungry, I will start to break my Fast (bring in the spinach and cucumbers!). Oh, my tongue has started to turn pink again!

Thank you all for your continued interest and support. It really helps I will keep you posted.

Flyswim
    Last edited by Flyswim; 11th March 2018 at 07:36.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flyswim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th March 2018), Humanbean (12th March 2018), jc71 (12th March 2018), Jean-Luc (1st April 2018), leavesoftrees (12th March 2018), Michelle Marie (11th March 2018), Peace in Oz (10th June 2021), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

21. Link to Post #111
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,040 times in 204 posts

I have done 4 long water fasts so far (6D -> 16D -> 13D -> 11D) and actually preparing to start my 5th one on the 21st march. I am sold on the healing effects of it, after having completely cleared my liver from the 2years+ of liver flushing (30+).

I do not use any health aids or supplements so it is strict water fast. I believe anything added will diminish its optimal healing effect as the body will need to process anything we put into it first and that requires energy.

I healed myself of my hemorrhoids on the 3rd fast, 5th day, when a piece of flesh/polyp came out with lots of blood after feeling strangely very tired in the afternoon. It stopped bleeding completely after the 4th fast no matter what I ate.

Am working towards a 40 day one for spiritual reason. Think I will create a separate post of my fasting diary here.

Here is a youtube clip on what mucoid plaque looks like in my case:
    Last edited by Tenzin; 11th March 2018 at 14:04.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tenzin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th March 2018), Flyswim (12th March 2018), jc71 (12th March 2018), Jean-Luc (1st April 2018), leavesoftrees (12th March 2018), Michelle Marie (11th March 2018), Peace in Oz (10th June 2021), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

23. Link to Post #112
    Language
    English
    Thanks

So, as mentioned, I am on Day 21 of my Water Fast. I really feel good – sharp mental clarity and focus and lots of energy. I’m sleeping well – 6 or 7 hours are optimum – and wake without any brain fog or sleep hangover. I usually lay for a few minutes listening to the birdsong (I’m an early bird) and Spring has sprung in London! Then I do some gentle body stretching and pour my first glass of water of the day!

I have developed some specific body aches, especially in my left knee and right ankle which are sites of old sports injuries. I’m now extremely aware of my body and can hear it talking (loudly!) to me. I found this day by day list of what common detox signs and stages to expect when on a Water Fast, which may be of interest, and I concur with them:

https://www.curezone.org/faq/q.asp?a...7%2c2836&q=759

Regarding my left knee ache/pain, I suspect I may be developing Osteoarthritis. I read this scientific research paper on the effects of Autophagy on Osteoarthritis. It can be quite heavy going in places but to summarise:

Osteoarthritis (OA), the most common chronic joint disease in older adults, is characterized by continuous degeneration of articular cartilage resulting in disability…Autophagy is an essential cellular homeostasis mechanism whereby cellular organelles and macromolecules are recycled to maintain cellular metabolism. Autophagy is reported to be cytoprotective effects for articular cartilage, and osteoarthritis is associated with decreased autophagy. While autophagy is known to be cytoprotective to chondrocytes, its role may vary with differing stages and models of osteoarthritis. Therefore, more in-depth studies on autophagy are needed to determine its impact…

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/...7.2016.1240790

I’ve booked a medical check-up on Monday 19 March as I want to see what my weight, blood pressure and blood tests for blood sugar, Liver and Kidney function reveal. Obviously, I’ve lost weight but I don’t have weighing scales as I didn’t want weight loss to be my focus. My motivation for doing this Fast is to detox and improve my health. I had major surgery almost exactly a year ago, and had to take many 'hard core' medical drugs before, during and after the surgery. I’m now healed and off the drugs but I know that there must be so much toxic residue hanging around in my body and I want rid! Interestingly, the scars (keyhole surgery) have started to fade – good old Autophagy!

Finally, I am craving (not strongly) spinach (and the water it’s boiled in!) and cucumbers! I smell cucumbers often, although I don’t have any (or any food) in my house. The mind is so strong! I looked up the nutritional content of cucumbers – who knew they provided so much:

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...dspice&dbid=42

I am still taking my Fast on a day by day basis but all hunger has gone and I am in the zone now. Let’s see how long I go. I’ve decided that as soon as I feel hungry, I will start to break my Fast (bring in the spinach and cucumbers!). Oh, my tongue has started to turn pink again!

Thank you all for your continued interest and support. It really helps I will keep you posted.

Flyswim
    Hi Flyswim,

Those links were very interesting. It inspires me to get onto my next (and longer probably) fast

I think I will start it in about 7 day's time from now. Keep us posted with your progress. You are the torch carrier at the moment

That is a good idea about a medical checkup. I did one quite recently so I have some good benchmark figures recorded (well they have hopefully!) so it will be interesting to see things like cholesterol levels and so on after a fast.

If I get to the stage where I crave cucumbers, that will be amazing, because I really don't like them... they spoil every salad as far as I am concerned, but it is interesting that your body is telling you that there is something in there that it might need.

Look forward to seeing your next update.

JC

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jc71 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th March 2018), Flyswim (12th March 2018), Humanbean (12th March 2018), Michelle Marie (14th March 2018), Peace in Oz (10th June 2021), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

25. Link to Post #113
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 times in 321 posts

Hi Morbid, Yes, I will incorporate Fasting into my lifestyle after I break this marathon Fast! I prepared by doing the 16/8 Fast 2 months beforehand and 2 weeks before the Fast, I mainly only ate plenty of vegetables with lashings of garlic. Garlic is my faourite taste and smell! I drink Spring Water and filtered water which I then boil and drink warm.
    hey can you share where do you get your spring water from? the only place i know of is in keston common. its some distance for me so i fill up about 120 litres once a month or so. as far as i remember its acidity is about 6.4 & the particle count is below 100. i usually add teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda to a 20 litre bottle & tiny bit of potassium permanganate - its the amount thats not affecting taste of water at all.

Last edited by Morbid; 14th March 2018 at 01:46.
    "between 'lives' we all have a great laugh about the parts we have performed in the 'play', and look forward to and have great fun preparing the next chapters to act out."

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Morbid For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2018), Flyswim (14th March 2018), jc71 (14th March 2018), Michelle Marie (14th March 2018), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

27. Link to Post #114
    Thanks

I'm starting another fast tomorrow. Im not sure for how long. Three days is my minimum. I may go longer this time.

I just made a ridiculous amount of food. I'll never eat it all! Broccoli, potatoes, grilled onions, turkey, and broth.

I just thought if I didn't eat it that it would go bad by the time I break my fast. I have until midnight to work on it!

Prayer and fasting go together, and so I'm going to focus on some changes I'd like to see in the world.

Tomorrow is the day that they are having kids March for gun control. They are being exploited, and in many cases, reportedly forced to take part. The other thing on my list of hunger strike demands, or prayers while fasting, is the whole deception thing-- from Las Vegas, to the guy that Herve pointed out that's in jail (he backed out of killing at the gay pride parade and has the juice on who is behind all these attacks). I'll make the complete list in the morning.

Eating tonight, then bye-bye food.

MM

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2018), Flyswim (14th March 2018), jc71 (14th March 2018), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

29. Link to Post #115
    Thanks

Quote You are the torch carrier at the moment
    Crikey! No pressure then - grin

Quote It inspires me to get onto my next (and longer probably) fast

I think I will start it in about 7 day's time from now.
    Good on you. I think once people have done one Water Fast the body will have been so glad of the rest that it's own intelligence will start urging for another Fast! Especially if there are still some toxins to flush and healing to complete.

Quote Keep us posted with your progress.
    Thanks JC, will do. Same back at you!

Quote hey can you share where do you get your spring water from?
    Hi Morbid, sure. I've visited Keston Common but it is also a tricky place for me to get to regularly. I don't know where you are but there is another Well in Wimbledon Common which is much closer to me (and a lovely place to walk / explore). It's called Caesar's Well. Have a ganders: http://strideoutdoors.com/tag/caesars-well/ Here's a close-up Pic: http://www.findaspring.com/wp-conten...e/DSC_1295.jpg Let me know if you want any directions. In the meantime, this is the approximate location on Google Maps: 51°25'47.0"N 0°14'29.5"W.

However, due to the recent inclement weather (SO much snow!), I didn't fancy traipsing out to Caeser's Well and trying to collect frozen water so I used this company and had some delivered. It's a shame it is in plastic containers but the water quality is superb. I didn't get a Water Cooler but you can buy or rent them, if desired. They deliver all over London and the U.K. https://www.living-water.co.uk/bottled-spring-water/ I'm sure you can easily find other companies who offer the same service.

Quote I'm starting another fast tomorrow. Im not sure for how long. Three days is my minimum. I may go longer this time.
    That's great, Michelle. It'll be good to have some company again

Quote I just made a ridiculous amount of food. I'll never eat it all! Broccoli, potatoes, grilled onions, turkey, and broth.
    Ha! That made me chuckle! Happy feasting

As for me, I am on Day 24. Blimey! I'll post an update on my progress and include some links that may be of interest.

ONWARDS!

Flyswim
    Last edited by Flyswim; 14th March 2018 at 09:53.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flyswim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2018), jc71 (14th March 2018), Michelle Marie (14th March 2018), Peace in Oz (10th June 2021), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

31. Link to Post #116
    Thanks

So, as mentioned, I am on Day 24! I'm at the stage of deep toxic release. I don't have any yukky or gunky 'stuff' coming out of me, it's more about deep tissue work. A couple of old sports injury sites (knee and ankle) started aching, throbbing and were painful - especially my knee. It was extremely sore during Day 19 - Day 22 and when I walked it felt as though bone on bone was grinding - no cushioning (ouch). It also ached at night so it was difficult to sleep well. Luckily, it occurred over the weekend so I took the opportunity to rest up and do gentle stretching exercises. It is much better today and I can only feel some twinges and I have a greater range of movement and little pain. I can also feel Autophagy working its magic on the scar tissue (internal and external) from my surgery (1 year ago). I can feel it being eaten up - for real! I joked to a friend that it felt like a Pacman character gobbling up all the bad / useless cells inside me. Odd sensation!

I have good energy otherwise; my mind is so clear and focussed, dreams are vivid, my colour synaesthesia is in technicoloured overdrive (!) and masses of emotional baggage / memories are being sorted and thrown out. I feel very stable, despite all the inner work, and grounded (despite my sixth sense being boosted)

I've done more research and found this quote from The Fast Doctor aka Dr. André Kruger,
    Quote So one or 2 days per week, plus 5 or 6 weeks per year, gives you over 80 fasting days per year.. that's enough for maintenance. I use longer fasts much more for specific healing of diseases and the short intermittent ones for "maintenance" or a "service" of your vehicle: Your precious body.
    http://www.fastingconnection.com/ind...ep-detox-cycle

That seems excessive to me (even though I am on Day 24), and I wonder if the 'advice' is for people with serious medical issues / huge weight loss to achieve? I found a radio interview that he gave and, so far, have only listened to the first 20 mins of an hour long interview. To summarise, he states that Fasting has a long history and that animals do it when they are ill. He claims that it is illogical to put something into the body when there is a sickness or imbalance inside the body. Much better to get the sickness out of the body. However, he concedes that some conditions (e.g. severe asthma attacks) need external medication.

https://itsrainmakingtime.com/dr-and...ptimal-health/

As for me, I deliberately haven't set any deadlines and will let my body tell me when to break the Fast. I've developed a deep trust that my body is holding the reins and it's my job to follow!

I wish everyone embarking on or returning to Fasting all the best. I'd be interested to read your updates. I'll keep you all posted on my progress. Thanks for all your support. It means a lot.

Flyswim

p.s. Mods, please feel free to 'mend' any links / images I've posted. I'm happy to be taught how to insert them, if you fancy teaching me
    Last edited by Flyswim; 14th March 2018 at 11:41.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flyswim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2018), jc71 (14th March 2018), Jean-Luc (1st April 2018), Michelle Marie (14th March 2018), Peace in Oz (10th June 2021), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

33. Link to Post #117
    Thanks

Day One.

I'm feeling like this will be a 5 day fast, but I'll play it by ear. I'm going on a trip soon, and I'll be eating while I'm gone.

All the extra time I'll be saving from preparing food and cleaning up will be put to good use. I already got several things accomplished today. My lists never end, so I'll never run out of things to do!

Thanks for all the info and inspiration, Flyswim!

MM

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2018), Flyswim (14th March 2018), jc71 (18th March 2018), Peace in Oz (10th June 2021), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

35. Link to Post #118
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

I can't help but laugh at the idea of the poster who did the water fast and then the first thing they ate was a yakult, sausage and bacon, pizza and burger and chips.

Hahahaha. That's funny

36. Link to Post #119
    Thanks

Day 3

I had sort of a sinus headache yesterday. I had to blow my nose several times. It was just sniffles, nothing big.

Today I was a little dizzy when I first got up. Later I saw blue stars/lights.

It's all about clearing stuff, I suppose.

I feel mentally clear and physically strong. I'm going out to do chores at my former cabin. I'll be in nature, in the woods by the creek. That will be good for my energy, too!

MM
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 16th March 2018 at 20:56.

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th March 2018), Blacklight43 (16th March 2018), Flyswim (17th March 2018), jc71 (18th March 2018), Peace in Oz (10th June 2021), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

38. Link to Post #120
    United States Avalon Member Blacklight43's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,900 times in 245 posts

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    Day 3

I had sort of a sinus headache yesterday. I had to blow my nose several times. It was just sniffles, nothing big.

Today I was a little dizzy when I first got up. Later I saw blue stars/lights.

It's all about clearing stuff, I suppose.

I feel mentally clear and physically strong. I'm going out to do chores at my former cabin. I'll be in nature, in the woods by the creek. That will be good for my energy, too!
    I found with my last fast the dizziness and seeing stars was related to too low blood pressure. I check it and it was 112/59.
    Getting ready on 4/1 for my fourth fast this year. I am finding water fasting easier each time. I only do 5 to 7 days at a time and find that sufficient for feeling "cleansed".

I'm not going to complain about the rain because we need every drop we can get but I'm missing my daily walk to the beach. Oh well, I'll just bounce on my rebounder until the sun shines again. I do miss being outside this week.

Good luck to all embarking on this journey.

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blacklight43 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th March 2018), Flyswim (17th March 2018), jc71 (18th March 2018), Peace in Oz (10th June 2021), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 1 6 16 22 LastLast