+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Reasons to Legalize Hemp, Cannabis, & CBD Internationally

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,392 times in 3,448 posts

Default Reasons to Legalize Hemp, Cannabis, & CBD Internationally

Reasons to Legalize Cannabis, Hemp, & CBD
    (this article is not to be taken as medical advice)
    Source - UniversalAspects.io

Hemp:

* Creates paper in place of trees. Trees take a long time to grow while hemp can be grown quickly.
    * Hemp grows in just about any environment (tundra and desert it may have problems)
    * Due to hemp's growability any nation or state can reap the benefits of it's crop
    * Hemp contains chemicals which could be used in place of fuels that destroy the environment to secure (e.g. fracking, oceanic oil spills)
    * Hemp can be grown by a highly reproducible natural seed, which eliminates industry monopolization
    * Hemp can replace "fossil fuels" for cars & plastics (very likely to be better plastics for the environment)
    * Hemp can potentially replace "fossil fuels" in the pharmaceutical industry
    * Hemp needs less toxic means of securing production (e.g. more pest resistant[9])
    * Hemp is known for having effective bioremediation/phyto-remediation qualities - meaning it can be used to cleanse the soil[7]
    * Hemp is reported to produce several times more paper per acre than trees[9]
    * Hemp is reported to be beneficial for the soil, other products such as cotton are reported to ravage soil[8]. This provides the logic that hemp does not need crop rotation as intensely as crops such as cotton and yield a higher benefit per acre.
    * Hemp can be used to create thousands of legitimate products (many appear to be superior to current options in society)
    * Hemp can be used for products like hempcrete[6], which is said to be superior to concrete for certain jobs
    * Hemp is known to harbor every essential amino acid & essential fatty acid our body needs[3]
    * At least one founding father of America is reported to have grown hemp
    * Hemp has been grown for thousands of years on our planet as a highly productive crop
    * Hemp appears to be ideal for eco-sustainability and offers many highly beneficial upgrades for society. Industry profits and government bias are key components behind keeping hemp and cannabis illegal.

The illegality of industrial hemp shows negligence of government to do the right thing.

Medical Cannabis:

* CBD & THC have been shown in numerous scientific studies to effectively fight cancer, tumors, and other physiological ailments (however it is shown to be incapable of curing some terminal stages of cancer)
    * Studies show that CBD & THC are preventative against cancer[10]
    * Cannabis is a viable and often superior alternative to opiate pain killers
    * Cannabis is the best anti-depressant this author has experienced
    * Medical cannabis treats a multitude of illnesses with much more acceptable side effects than typical pharmaceuticals
    * Smoking cannabis can be incredible with stress relief
    * In my experiences CBD edibles generally taste good while offering nutrition, with increased health benefits that are evidenced further by science every year
    * Legal medical marijuana provides a non-illegal environment for medical application of cannabis. Cannabis is the apex cure known for several symptoms in many medical survivor's experience based opinions (which the writer of this article has witnessed first hand)
    * Scientists found that chronic low doses of cannabis assists age-related cognitive impairments[4][5]

The medical benefits of THC & CBD are a threat to corrupted pharmaceutical agendas due not being able to patent nature. Anyone with the right conditions (such as legality, money to do it, space) could renewably grow their own medicine in their own home. This is a threat to a powerful multi-billion dollar industry and thus has been attacked unfairly with biased research and deceptive and/or skewed propaganda.

Recreational Cannabis:

* Helps eliminate black market dominance of sales - suppresses crime syndicate profits
    * Cannabis can help deconstruct the opiate epidemic
    * Helps eliminate a scenario of non-criminals associating with criminals - those that smoke cannabis need access to illegal trade and trafficking to obtain their preferred past time (this can lead to harsher drug use when the black market offers unregulated harder drugs instead of a regulated dispensary)
    * Legal cannabis frees up the judicial, jail, and prison system to handle much more threatening or grievous law offenses
    * Legal cannabis eliminates non-violent/non-criminal smokers from jail and prison (a human rights equation)
    * Legal cannabis allows for tested cannabis so toxicity is prevented in consumers
    * Legal cannabis is a tourist attraction
    * Legal cannabis generates tax money for countries & states that legalize
    * Legal cannabis provides new jobs and economic growth
    * Gives people a relatively healthy alternative to harsher & more deadly drugs
    * Reduction in crime has been attributed to legalizing cannabis[1][2]
    * Reduction in alcoholism can be achieved by providing people a better option - in general alcohol is detrimental as a poison to the body, both physiologically and psychologically addictive, little reported positive physiological effect, impairs judgment, increases aggressiveness, impairs dexterity, is hard on body organs, and is currently legal in all 50 states
    * Despite biased government propaganda framing cannabis as a substance that enhances aggression, the apparent pervading effect of cannabis is the opposite.
    * Gives fully moral and ethical smokers a breath of freedom, instead of sensing a police state in their own homes
    * CBD & THC (together) are known as powerful anti-cancer and anti-tumor agents, to this writers knowledge there is no other known drug that allows the euphoria people seek that doubles as such a powerful healing agent
    * A wide range of new science, new medicines, and new products come from hemp, cannabis, and CBD
    * It is traditionally noted to be impossible to die from a cannabis overdose, one cannot consume enough of it in a practical environment to reach fatal toxicity levels

"The day of legalization of recreational cannabis in my state has been the
    highest feeling of freedom I have experienced as an American." ~Phillip Walker

Some of the Cons of Legalized Cannabis:

* A rise in cannabis consumption is likely to be typical of legalization. With everything considered this is not entirely a bad thing.
    * Cannabis can temporarily impair judgment and dexterity (this is different depending on the person, dose, type of cannabis, method of consumption, etc). Cannabis can also have the opposite effect for judgment and rarely for dexterity (e.g. a more calm mind for judgment, more empathy or sensibility after smoking has been experienced by this writer)
    * There is not yet a perfect way to judge if someone is impaired to drive on cannabis, this can yield a perfectly capable driver who smoked in days previous being persecuted with a DUI. The blood levels of cannabis appear to not be an accurate way to judge if someone is impaired enough to not be able to drive safely.
    * Chronic cannabis use can lead to psychological addiction - through the normality of the positive conscious effects of cannabis life can become lesser without them. Psychological addiction to cannabis can be eliminated after enough time of sobriety. In comparison to opiate, alcohol, or cigarette addiction cannabis is on the moderate side.
    * Cannabis can have a bad effect on intelligence (it can also have the opposite effect - for example musical inspiration)
    * Chronic use of cannabis from a young age can inhibit one's vocabulary, due to consistent memory loss
    * One's ability to learn new things is temporarily suppressed while smoking due to memory loss
    * Cannabis consumption can cause anxiety or apathy as an extreme side effect, in contrast to other drugs both pharmaceutical and conventional vices, these are moderate side effects and are assumable to largely be experienced by people who do not further consume cannabis. (examples of extreme alcoholism or opiate side effects: death, severe addiction, severe physiological dysfunction, intensified body aging)

While it is patently true that legalized recreational cannabis has downsides, it is obvious the public has an inevitability of some sort of vice. Cannabis is a viable and much more healthy alternative for drugs like alcohol, opiates, and cigarettes. As a consumer of cannabis I can say that it has been one of the best therapeutic and stress relief medications possible under harsh conditions.

It should be also said that cannabis consumption is not for everyone, similar to other forms of consumption...
    References:
    [1]: Marijuana legalization causing violent crime to fall in US states, study finds - (independent.co.uk)
    [2]: Is Marijuana Legalization Linked to Increased Violent Crime? - (Snopes.com)
    [3]: HEMP SEED: THE MOST NUTRITIONALLY COMPLETE FOOD SOURCE IN THE WORLD - (ratical.org)
    [4]: A chronic low dose of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) restores cognitive function in old mice - (Nature.com)
    [5]: A chronic low dose of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) restores cognitive function in old mice. - (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)
    [6]: Hempcrete - (en.wikipedia.org)
    [7]: How Hemp Can Heal Our Soil & Why It Matters To Consumers - (MinistryofHemp.com)
    [8]: Why Is Cotton Harmful to the Soil? - (Hunker.com)
    [9]: Tips for Growing Industrial Hemp - (Leafly.com)
    [10]: Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows - (ScienceDaily.com)
    [x]: Research Material: The Top Medical Cannabis Studies of 2017 - (Leafly.com)

2. The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (23rd April 2018), Baby Steps (18th February 2018), cascadian (18th February 2018), christian (19th February 2018), Cidersomerset (19th February 2018), drneglector (19th February 2018), EFO (18th February 2018), enigma3 (8th May 2018), halcyon026 (19th February 2018), Hym (18th February 2018), Ioneo (18th February 2018), Jad (23rd February 2018), Jantje (19th February 2018), jjjones (19th February 2018), justntime2learn (18th February 2018), Mari (3rd September 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), Mike (18th February 2018), NancyV (23rd February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), onawah (18th February 2018), onevoice (19th February 2018), Rebecca (18th February 2018), Rich (18th February 2018), Star Tsar (22nd February 2018), Sunny-side-up (19th February 2018), Tam (18th February 2018), Valerie Villars (22nd April 2018), william r sanford72 (18th February 2018), Wind (18th February 2018), Zampano (18th February 2018), Zanshin (22nd February 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Tam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,363 times in 496 posts

Default Re: Reasons to Legalize Hemp, Cannabis, & CBD Internationally

Look, I'm just going to start this post by outright admitting I smoke marijuana, fairly regularly. And no, it is not legal where I live, unfortunately.

Now, I'm of course biased, but frankly, I believe that there are virtually no cons to legalizing cannabis.

While it is true that cannabis can and will cause short-term memory issues (I can attest to this personally), they are entirely temporary. While you're obviously going to experience the highest degree of memory loss while stoned (I don't like the term 'high', personally. I associate it with hardcore drugs like meth, cocaine, etc.) , the transient memory issues only last as long as the THC remains in your system, which is 6-8 weeks.

After that, your memory is essentially 'restored'. The stereotype of the idiot stoner is largely exaggerated; people who seem to be in a constant 'haze' are such due to the fact that they are pretty much stoned/coming down at every waking moment. They do not have scrambled brains or whatever outrageous lie we were taught in school.

Now, as with all things, there's some fine print.

Marijuana has been known to cause long-term, permanent memory issues among minors who smoke regularly. But so does alcohol, which is fully legal, and actually terrible for you, as well as other common things, such as sugar, another poison when taken in large does (which it is--heavily).

We all know how sugar is found in damn near everything nowadays.

As with alcohol, I think marijuana should be fully legalized, but only those age 21 and older can (legally) purchase and use it. This is simply due to the fact that the brain stops fundamentally developing at this age.

Should one be caught using it illegally, a slap on the wrist, or, at worst, a small fine combined with confiscation of any supply, should be carried out. Imprisonment or charges of felony/misdemeanor are way too draconian, and do absolutely nothing constructive. No one I have ever known that's gotten caught with weed has stopped smoking. Going to jail only pissed them off and ruined their futures, in some cases. Of course, these specifics are in regard to the US. I don't mean to be exclusive/ethnocentric; I'm simply trying to keep it brief by keeping it about the country in which I live for now.

Now, about the whole addiction thing. Marijuana is not addictive in any way, shape or form. Your brain does not get attached at all. Soda is highly, highly addictive. Studies have suggested it rivals crack in that regard, sans the life-threatening withdrawals. I can attest to this one personally, as I've been quite literally addicted to soda for several years now, and it's beginning to take a real toll on my health.

I've been smoking for a little over a year now, and it has yet to have any adverse effects on me, other than making me gain weight by eating copious amounts of food (this is the real downside to weed. The munchies are real, you guys ).

Psychological addiction to marijuana is a misleading/misunderstood concept, a real chicken-egg scenario. Those who find themselves something akin to dependent to marijuana are this way due simply to external factors: depression, crushing anxiety, a feeling of being lost in life, etc. It's not the marijuana they're addicted to; it's not feeling like crap that they're addicted to. The same way a lonely rich trophy wife is addicted to shopping, or some are addicted to eating, etc.

Stamping marijuana as the cause of the addiction is, at best, a superficial band-aid solution, treating a symptom rather than a root cause.

Finally, the point of legalized cannabis leading to a rise in consumption. This one seems to hold the most water, except interestingly, in US states where marijuana has been fully legalized, there has been no noticeable spike in usage.

That's right; people who didn't smoke marijuana before, don't seem to be inclined to start just because it's legal all of a sudden.

Makes sense to me; the reason why I started smoking at 20 was due simply to the fact that I hadn't had any real interest in it. But when a slice of 'special' birthday cake was offered to me by someone I trusted (in other words, I didn't doubt if it was clean), I figured, what the hell, why not? I didn't once think of it being illegal (though I'm still cautious when smoking, for obvious reasons).

Of course, I am white and female, so it helps. There are privileges I have that many others do not.

As for the rest of it...driving issues, for example. Well, that's a people problem, and not a marijuana problem. Thousands get killed annually by drunk driving, yet I see no prohibition on alcohol. What about texting? While I'm sure some people will drive when stoned, which in most cases is highly irresponsible (there are some rare people who, due to how weed affects them, and the strains they smoke, find that driving under the influence causes no impairment), people still do it presently, when marijuana is illegal, so the concerns of legalization causing increased car accidents/fatalities are negligible at best (especially when considering the fact that, again, legalization does not seem to lead to an increase in consumption).

Let me know if any of you guys would like sources/factual backup on any points I made. I'd be happy to edit them in if I get any requests

4. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

cascadian (18th February 2018), Cognitive Dissident (18th February 2018), drneglector (19th February 2018), enigma3 (8th May 2018), halcyon026 (19th February 2018), Hym (18th February 2018), Jad (23rd February 2018), Jantje (19th February 2018), justntime2learn (18th February 2018), Mari (3rd September 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), Navigator (21st February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Omni (18th February 2018), Star Tsar (22nd February 2018), Valerie Villars (22nd April 2018), william r sanford72 (18th February 2018), Wind (18th February 2018), Zampano (18th February 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,035 times in 358 posts

Great post.

One of the main problems with marijuana use is not from the actual plant it self but from smoking it. My favourite way to use it is in the form of teas and edibles, though the effects are delayed in that form.

I absolutely love Hemp. I switched my son from store bought infant formula to homemade Hemp milk when he was about 7 months old. He still consumes Hemp seeds very regularly in smoothies. In fact I just gave him a couple of smoothies containing Hemp seeds today.

Hemp seeds are high in magnesium, a vital nutrient many people are deficient in, as well as phosphorus, maganese, zinc, iron, thiamin and they have lower concentrations of nutrients like calcium, vitamin b6, riboflavin and folate.

They are a complete protein, containing all of the essential amino acids so they are an excellent choice for vegans. Hemp seeds are about 33% protein and 46% fat, making them very satisfying.

They contain healthy fats that energize the body and do not contribute to weight gain issues. In 3tbsp you get approximately 2.5g Omega 3 fatty acids and 8.5g Omega 6 fatty acids, which are both essential to human health.

The protein in Hemp seeds has even been proven to be more easily digestible than proteins found in animal products as well as most other plant proteins.

Hemps seeds are one of the only seeds that are easily digested without soaking.

Hemp seeds are very versatile and can be used in both sweet and savory dishes. From cereals, smoothies and baked goods to pasta dishes, cheeses and salads, hemp seeds can taste good in almost anything!

Leave the cows alone and make your own hemp seed milks and cheeses in a blender. Hemp products have a hearty, nutty flavor and are superior to dairy products in nutritional value.

Overall, the human race would be so much healthier and happier if hemp and cannabis farms were in every city. The world would be a much better place and it's obvious why it has been demonized for so long.
    Last edited by Rebecca; 18th February 2018 at 06:53.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Rebecca For This Post:

Baby Steps (18th February 2018), cascadian (18th February 2018), enigma3 (19th February 2018), Hym (18th February 2018), Jad (23rd February 2018), jjjones (19th February 2018), justntime2learn (18th February 2018), Mari (3rd September 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Sunny-side-up (19th February 2018), Tam (18th February 2018), Valerie Villars (22nd April 2018), william r sanford72 (18th February 2018), Wind (18th February 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member Cognitive Dissident's Avatar
    In a galaxy not too far away from where you are right now
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,343 times in 409 posts

Quote Posted by Indigris (here)
    Look, I'm just going to start this post by outright admitting I smoke marijuana, fairly regularly. And no, it is not legal where I live, unfortunately.

Now, about the whole addiction thing. Marijuana is not addictive in any way, shape or form. Your brain does not get attached at all. Soda is highly, highly addictive. Studies have suggested it rivals crack in that regard, sans the life-threatening withdrawals. I can attest to this one personally, as I've been quite literally addicted to soda for several years now, and it's beginning to take a real toll on my health.

I've been smoking for a little over a year now, and it has yet to have any adverse effects on me, other than making me gain weight by eating copious amounts of food (this is the real downside to weed. The munchies are real, you guys ).

Interesting to get your thoughtful perspective on this - my only suggestion would be, at the risk of giving advice you didn't ask for, keep smoking, but give up the soda immediately! If it's soda with sugar, that's awful for your health and of course your weight - given your other comments I doubt this. But if its soda with artificial sweetener, actually that hugely boosts the appetite because your body thinks (from tongue signals) that it is getting sweet food, takes appropriate action, then none arrives, and it has to undo those actions, which is very difficult and you end up eating more to calm the body down. And in any case, soda is highly acidic and bad for you in a whole lot of other ways.

At the risk of being boring, quit soda and drink water, or green tea with honey (not juice if possible - also full of sugar).

Good luck!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cognitive Dissident For This Post:

Hym (18th February 2018), jjjones (19th February 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Sunny-side-up (19th February 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cognitive Dissident (here)
    Quote Posted by Indigris (here)

Interesting to get your thoughtful perspective on this - my only suggestion would be, at the risk of giving advice you didn't ask for, keep smoking, but give up the soda immediately! If it's soda with sugar, that's awful for your health and of course your weight - given your other comments I doubt this. But if its soda with artificial sweetener, actually that hugely boosts the appetite because your body thinks (from tongue signals) that it is getting sweet food, takes appropriate action, then none arrives, and it has to undo those actions, which is very difficult and you end up eating more to calm the body down. And in any case, soda is highly acidic and bad for you in a whole lot of other ways.

At the risk of being boring, quit soda and drink water, or green tea with honey (not juice if possible - also full of sugar).

Good luck!
    Oh, it's definitely the worst kind of soda: Dr. Pepper.

I plan on quitting this March. It's a poison that I need to get off of.

Thanks for the advice

I definitely plan on stocking up on tea. Matcha for sure!

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

Cognitive Dissident (18th February 2018), Hym (18th February 2018), jjjones (19th February 2018), justntime2learn (19th February 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Omni (18th February 2018), Sunny-side-up (19th February 2018), Wind (18th February 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Indigris, I agree with most of your post except this part:

"Should one be caught using it illegally, a slap on the wrist, or, at worst, a small fine combined with confiscation of any supply, should be carried out."

Personally, I think even confiscating cannabis from a teenager or fining them is wrong. I first used cannabis when I was about 16 years old and think people under 21 can benefit from using it depending on the situation. Ultimately it's up to parents to educate their children and help them make decisions in regards to cannabis use.

Other than that you made a lot of good points.
    Last edited by Rebecca; 18th February 2018 at 07:59.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rebecca For This Post:

Hym (18th February 2018), Mari (3rd September 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Sunny-side-up (19th February 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rebecca7411 (here)
    Indigris, I agree with most of your post except this part:

"Should one be caught using it illegally, a slap on the wrist, or, at worst, a small fine combined with confiscation of any supply, should be carried out."

Personally, I think even confiscating cannabis from a teenager or fining them is wrong. I first used cannabis when I was about 16 years old and think people under 21 can benefit from using it depending on the situation. Ultimately it's up to parents to educate their children and help them make decisions in regards to cannabis use.

Other than that you made a lot of good points.
    Oh, I agree. The thing is, culturally, the American law system rarely ends in warning, especially when it comes to policing. Many cops would be all too happy to carry out the full sentence/prosecute to the fullest extent of the law, especially for something like marijuana, where a strong bias will still exist in many circles despite legalization.

I've known kids in my old high school that got arrested for stealing gum at the store.

As such, as a form of protection, I suggested that those would be the worst possible punishment carried out.

In my personal opinion, a mere verbal warning would do just fine
    Last edited by Tam; 18th February 2018 at 08:09. Reason: wording

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

Hym (18th February 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Rebecca (18th February 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

It would be great if police gave out informational and true pamphlets explaining the pros and cons of cannabis to anyone under 21 who got caught using it.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rebecca For This Post:

Hym (18th February 2018), Mari (3rd September 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Omni (18th February 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rebecca7411 (here)
    It would be great if police gave out informational and true pamphlets explaining the pros and cons of cannabis to anyone under 21 who got caught using it.
    Yeah, that would.

One can dream.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

Hym (19th February 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,027 times in 910 posts

Thanks, Omni for the information in the thread. Accurate on most accounts. Many valid points for decriminalization.

Indigris.. I'm laughing.....Thanks for the post, but yes, it can be psychologically addictive. I have seen it in some of my friends over the years and the acuity of their memories is much less than in their younger years.

Someone, and many, many programs ya'll are under, never included the fact that the journeys in life are much more colorful, intense, insightful, memorable and deep the more you are aware and in your body, transcending it's limitations. When and if you do decide to get closer to other deeper worlds within yourself, the attachments of addictive behaviors, held in by the chemical imprint of unnatural or overused natural substances, create barriers to the truths that insight naturally pursues. Nothing to worry about, just more internal cleaning to do to remove the unwanted imprints, archons feeding no more.

In the short time I had some I didn't like the heat or the intensity, even of a water-cooled bong, so I would eat a little to chill, until I quickly realized that doing any of it blocked my nature to deal with whatever stress I had directly. (I haven't had any form of it in over 40 yrs. as I had my fill when I was younger, living with friends in college. Even then, I was not thrilled about needing a sedative or a stimulant and ended up being the self-designated caretaker/driver, like the friend taking the reigns of the buggy so his wasted friends wouldn't drive themselves and the horses off of the cliff, way back when. None of my friends get high or imbibes at the place where I live, but they do know it is a chill place, free of the chemical intrusions that are sold by those who do not want us to think without judgement.)

CBD oil is a highly effective treatment for seizures, especially for children. It is criminal to exclude it's use. It will be good when those who produce it include the percentage of the active ingredients it is meant to carry.

THC stays in the fatty tissue for longer than most know and when I teach athletes I do a reflex/speed test that shows body/brain balance that tells me how much they have had within the last few months. Of course I don't tell them why I watch their body imbalance dramatically show up, until they ask. I do agree that there, as of yet, is not an accurate way of determining the level of safe driving while using it.

Very little about living with all of that electronic and institutional and mindless educational intrusion provides much insight without the use of chemicals to balance it all out. I understand. Indigris noted those instances in her report.

Here's a form of discrimination: Working well, accurately, safe and quickly, enjoying the company of other hard working pros and others, I was given a crew, then two, to guide. However, it didn't take me long to realize that I wouldn't get the pay raise that comes with my job description because I didn't smoke pot like most other foremen did, even as well as they hid it. I didn't see any noticeable impairment with their work and knowing their intense backgrounds I could see why they smoked during some breaks. Either way, I knew that it wasn't gonna happen when I hand out healthy spices to my friends, instead of gone-jaa. I moved on.

In my profession it is a fact that anyone smoking cannot keep up with me, so I had to understand that aspect as well. Funny all that, a union that pretends to be drug free on site, during work hours, yet it's long lived and recent (maybe current) history is that of company-approved dealers, approved smoking times and places, and a distrust of those like me who keep things going and workers protected, especially from themselves. (Either way I keep my insight of my friends, and even those workers I do not like, to myself in the family of workers we are, stepping in only where safety is an issue.) This is just one of the many hypocrisies of criminalization, without viable treatment options, that keep lawyers, cities, counties, states and others collecting their revenuer's thefts alive. It is easy to see who the criminals are here. Criminalizing most substances can also be a platform for control of work environments by employers, business agents, owners, etc.
    Last edited by Hym; 18th February 2018 at 18:52.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

justntime2learn (19th February 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Tam (18th February 2018), Wind (18th February 2018)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hym (here)
    Thanks, Omni for the information in the thread. Accurate on most accounts. Many valid points for decriminalization.

Indigris.. I'm laughing.....Thanks for the post, but yes, it can be psychologically addictive. I have seen it in some of my friends over the years and the acuity of their memories is much less than in their younger years.

Someone, and many, many programs ya'll are under, never included the fact that the journeys in life are much more colorful, intense, insightful, memorable and deep the more you are aware and in your body, transcending it's limitations. When and if you do decide to get closer to other deeper worlds within yourself, the attachments of addictive behaviors, held in by the chemical imprint of unnatural or overused natural substances, create barriers to the truths that insight naturally pursues. Nothing to worry about, just more internal cleaning to do to remove the unwanted imprints, archons feeding no more.

In the short time I had some I didn't like the heat or the intensity, even of a water-cooled bong, so I would eat a little to chill, until I quickly realized that doing any of it blocked my nature to deal with whatever stress I had directly. (I haven't had any form of it in over 40 yrs. as I had my fill when I was younger, living with friends in college. Even then, I was not thrilled about needing a sedative or a stimulant and ended up being the self-designated caretaker/driver, like the friend taking the reigns of the buggy so his wasted friends wouldn't drive themselves and the horses off of the cliff, way back when. None of my friends gets high or imbibes where I live, but they do know it is a chill place, free of the chemical intrusions that are sold by those who do not want us to think without judgement.)

CBD oil is a highly effective treatment for seizures, especially for children. It is criminal to exclude it's use. It will be good when those who produce it include the percentage of the active ingredients it is meant to carry.

THC stays in the fatty tissue for longer than most know and when I teach athletes I do a reflex/speed test that shows body/brain balance that tells me how much they have had within the last few months. Of course I don't tell them why I watch their body imbalance dramatically show up, until they ask. I do agree that there, as of yet, is not an accurate way of determining the level of safe driving while using it.

Very little about living with all of that electronic and institutional and mindless educational intrusion provides much insight without the use of chemicals to balance it all out. I understand. Indigris noted those instances in her report.

Here's a form of discrimination: Working well, accurately, safe and quickly, enjoying the company of other hard working pros and others, I was given a crew, then two, to guide. However, it didn't take me long to realize that I wouldn't get the pay raise that comes with my job description because I didn't smoke pot like most other foremen did, even as well as they hid it. I didn't see any noticeable impairment with their work and knowing their intense backgrounds I could see why they smoked during some breaks. Either way, I knew that it wasn't gonna happen when I hand out healthy spices to my friends, instead of gone-jaa. I moved on.

In my profession it is a fact that anyone smoking cannot keep up with me, so I had to understand that aspect as well. Funny all that, a union that pretends to be drug free on site, during work hours, yet it's long lived and recent (maybe current) history is that of company-approved dealers, approved smoking times and places, and a distrust of those like me who keep things going and workers protected, especially from themselves. (Either way I keep my insight of my friends, and even those workers I do not like, to myself in the family of workers we are, stepping in only where safety is an issue.) This is just one of the many hypocrisies of criminalization, without viable treatment options, that keep lawyers, cities, counties, states and others collecting their revenuer's thefts alive. It is easy to see who the criminals are here. Criminalizing most substances can also be a platform for control of work environments by employers, business agents, owners, etc.
    Very insightful, thank you.

I could see myself weaning off for sure in the near future. It has a way of losing effectiveness as your tolerance goes up, and I don't care to have to up my dosage by 200% to get anything. Way too expensive, if you use any worth smoking

I'll need to do more research on the long-term cognitive issues....I trust your story fully, but you have to wonder if there aren't any underlying issues as well. Still, I'm too young/new to scene to draw conclusions from personal experience with any veracity, whereas you've got plenty. Still, I wouldn't be surprised to find that it was the marijuana, in fact, that led to the dumbing down.

I wonder if smoking it/combustion, rather than healthier methods of ingestion (vaporizing, eating, tea, etc) has anything to do with it.

Unfortunately, it's rather difficult to find truly objective, yet open-minded, scientific research on the matter.

It's either two extremes of the spectrum: the Reefer Madness types who think it's akin to smoking crack, or the Hippies who think that it's better than water.

I'll update with any and all results, to add to the pool of data!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

Hym (18th February 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,661 times in 480 posts

Recommend reading the full article.

https://www.cannabisculture.com/content/1999/01/01/1422

Dreher is very careful when discussing the applicability of her Jamaica studies to other countries. She says that “a Jamaican child’s ganja consumption supervised by an adult who regulates dosage and frequency is far different from an eight-year-old American child smoking marijuana of unknown origin and purity, purchased from a twelve-year-old in a schoolyard.”

What seems obvious is that Jamaican familial ganja use is part of an empowering folk medicine culture which values independence, natural remedies, and community over pharmaceuticals, doctors, and anti-ganja prejudice. Given the difficult living conditions imposed on rural Jamaicans by colonialism, capitalism, and cannabis prohibition, they have managed a miracle, producing healthy children who use ganja to their advantage.

“It is kind of amusing,” Dreher notes, “that in America a woman who in any way exposes her children to marijuana is considered a bad mother, but in Jamaica a woman who has ganja but does not prepare it for her children is considered a bad mother.”

“I don’t want to belittle the problems or concerns of North American parents who worry about drug use among children,” Dreher continued, “but it’s very possible that marijuana is being blamed for problems it has nothing to do with- such as poor nutrition, societal decay, lackluster schools, and incompetent parenting. We need to be very careful not to ignore the social setting and ideology that surrounds substance use in different societies when we attempt to evaluate how a drug affects people or society. My Jamaican studies indicate that, in the case of marijuana, we might want to re-examine our assumptions and myths, especially when they contradict reality.”

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Frankie Pancakes For This Post:

enigma3 (8th May 2018), Hym (18th February 2018), Jad (23rd February 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Tam (18th February 2018)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,974 times in 20,621 posts

Autoimmune Disorders and Cannabis
    https://www.learngreenflower.com/eve...s-and-cannabis
    Quote Don't miss this FREE livestream class about Auto-Immune Disorders and Cannabis: Thursday, March 1, 5PM PST/8PM EST

The body’s largest neuropathic network is the Endocannabinoid System (ECS), this course explains how cannabis interacts with the ECS to maintain homeostatic health and balance.
    This course breaks down the many different compounds and components of cannabis, why these are much safer than opiates and other pharmaceuticals and the various ways in which they can be ingested.

For example, the juice of raw cannabis leaves is one of the Earth's most powerful anti-inflammatory agents and it is increasingly being indicated to treat auto-immune conditions, from arthritis to Lupus.

Michele Ross, PhD is a neuroscientist who’s led some of Green Flower’s most popular courses on Brain Health and Cannabis. In this class, she’ll delve into the ways cannabis can be used to treat various autoimmune disorders.

Beginning with an overview of the body’s largest neurotransmitter network, the Endocannabinoid System (ECS) Michele will illustrate how cannabis interacts with this system to maintain homeostatic health and balance.

She’ll also break down the different compounds and components of cannabis, why they’re safer than opiates and other pharmaceuticals, and the various ways they can be ingested - including why raw cannabis is gaining prominence in treating autoimmune conditions.

You’ll discover new insights and promising breakthroughs toward the treatment of these disorders as Dr. Ross covers:

Introduction and exploration of the Endocannabinoid System.
    Components of cannabis including cannabinoids and terpenes.
    Why cannabis is safer than opiates and how it can be considered an “exit” drug.
    How cannabis is used for Multiple Sclerosis.
    Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis with cannabis.
    How cannabis can be used to treat Lupus.
    How cannabis is used for Fibromyalgia.
    Dr. Ross also presents guidelines for further research and pharmaceutical development into the use of cannabis to treat, inhibit and possibly prevent the onset of autoimmune disorders and why physicians and disease nonprofit organizations need to step up educational initiatives to explore cannabis as a safer, more effective alternative.

This promises to be another insightful and information-packed presentation, so mark your calendars and register now.
    Each breath a gift...

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

enigma3 (8th May 2018), Hym (18th February 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,027 times in 910 posts

Who would deny a citizen surviving trauma or a soldier surviving the empty duty of corporate-ordered darkness the use of cannabis? This use has been proven effective in therapeutic doses, but only in amounts not enough to induce addictive triggering or psychological dependence. Effective therapy into active participation does, however, always go way beyond the use of cannabis.

Remember that their are many things far worse than dependence on the time and space people are afforded, and I would suggest clinically necessary at times, by the use of such mild chemicals. There are much more harmful chemicals released in the body when anger, hatred, greed, abuse and psychopathy are chosen as means of expression.

I would see that one effective way of healing our society would be a requirement that all officers of the court, judges and lawyers alike, with the exception of stenographers and guards, bailiffs, be under the minimum influence of prescribed doses of cannabis. I am sure that dear lady justice would hear much more truth than has been "allowed" in those halls founded to deliver Justness to all.

I cannot stress enough for those young ones out there that your personal choice is removed when the limits of tolerance have been passed, no matter what you smoke, ingest or drink. I know I have a friend when I hear other men also say that they will not get intimate with their women, married or not, when those partners are heavily under the influence of anything. We consider it rape. On the selfish side, when your partner says it's okay even under their excess, it is always better when two are there. No thanks, have a good sleep.
    Back to the topic.....
    Last edited by Hym; 18th February 2018 at 18:45.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018)

29. Link to Post #15
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,188 times in 1,661 posts

hemp (like baking soda) is one of the wonders of mother nature; it used to be used in everything (like clothing, paper, let alone medicine etc.- long list) but because it was too easy to access (non-profitable) it's been erradicated/banned in all of it's previous existences so now we have paper made of wood (like now from trees), clothing made of synthetics, and pharmaceutical medicines now made from profitable coal/tar based parmaceuticals (ties slightly into the oil industry)-

gosh!

Larry

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Hym (19th February 2018), Jad (23rd February 2018), Jantje (19th February 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Tam (18th February 2018)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

The problem is the government can't regulate it or profit from it .they are afraid of backlash from those who would be against it... I have never seen a person using cannabis, do the craziness that those who abuse alcohol do ... the only thing in danger is a twinkie... nature provides, its up to us to determine moderation to do or or not to do ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Hym (19th February 2018), Jantje (19th February 2018), justntime2learn (18th February 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Omni (19th February 2018), Tam (18th February 2018), Zanshin (22nd February 2018)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rebecca For This Post:

Hym (20th February 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018)

35. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,527 times in 642 posts

We don't need reasons. We are the reason. Cannabis is holy medicine. That's the only reason.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Hym (20th February 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Valerie Villars (22nd April 2018)

37. Link to Post #19
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,875 times in 1,034 posts

Meanwhile yesterday ...

Alfie Dingley: Mum criticises decision to deny cannabis treatment for son with severe epilepsy.

The mother of Alfie Dingley, who has a rare form of epilepsy, says her son is "traumatised" and deserves a better quality of life.
    The mother of a seriously ill six-year-old boy has condemned a Government decision to deny him a potentially life-changing cannabis treatment.

Alfie Dingley, from Warwickshire, has a rare and extreme form of epilepsy and can suffer up to 30 seizures a day.

His parents want to treat him with cannabis oil, which is illegal in the UK.

In September, Hannah Deacon and Drew Dingley took their son to the Netherlands so he could take a cannabis-based medicine prescribed by a paediatric neurologist. They said this reduced his seizures in number, duration and severity.

But the family could not afford to continue the treatment and had to return to the UK, where they concentrated on lobbying for a cannabis licence.

The Home Office denied the licence, saying the drug "cannot be practically prescribed, administered or supplied to the public".

Ms Deacon says Alfie "deserves to have a better quality of life" and that she will "not stop fighting for him".

She has called on the public to help lobby for a change in the law.

"I find it astonishing that they are treating our case like we're trying to get our hands on snake oil," she said.

"It (medicinal cannabis) is legal throughout Europe, it's recognised throughout Europe as a proper treatment - as a pharma-grade product, it's just that the UK has not caught up yet - yet the Home Office can't see that. It's wrong."

more:
    https://news.sky.com/story/alfie-din...ffice-11256416

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Hym (20th February 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), onawah (19th February 2018)

39. Link to Post #20
    Netherlands Avalon Member Jantje's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,279 times in 181 posts

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    The problem is the government can't regulate it or profit from it .they are afraid of backlash from those who would be against it... I have never seen a person using cannabis, do the craziness that those who abuse alcohol do ... the only thing in danger is a twinkie... nature provides, its up to us to determine moderation to do or or not to do ...
    It is possible for the government to profit from it in the Netherlands.
    People legally selling cannabis are officially not allowed to buy cannabis or hasj, but they do have to pay taxes on every gram they sell to cannabis consumers.

They call it the backdoor problem in politics. Funny thing is that with every decision made by politicians, the prize per gram goes up.

There really are no reasons to prohibit cannabis at all, let alone throw people out of their homes or even locking people up because of being canna consumers

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jantje For This Post:

ghostrider (20th February 2018), Hym (20th February 2018), Jad (23rd February 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Omni (19th February 2018), onawah (19th February 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast