+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reasons to Legalize Hemp, Cannabis, & CBD Internationally

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 435 posts

Default Re: Reasons to Legalize Hemp, Cannabis, & CBD Internationally

All really good posts; Thanks.
    Wanted to add that hemp seeds are also anti-inflammatory.
    I have a flared up digestive system--it's a drag and hemp seeds seem to settle this a little. Also irritated skin (face).
    We certainly have to deal with a toxic world, "out there".

The fact that cannabis plants are one of the oldest crops to be cultivated shows that it is, and has been, an intrinsic part of human culture---a holy medicine indeed-

It facilitates wholeness which is why it is such a healing plant. It also enhances our conscious interconnection to all life--on earth and in the greater cosmos.

I don't take/smoke/ingest this plant (for one, it is hard to get and not legal and thus expensive).
    If I was ill or had a chronic condition, however, I would be on this plant medicine pronto!!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lunaflare For This Post:

Hym (19th February 2018), Jantje (20th February 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), onawah (19th February 2018), Valerie Villars (9th May 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

It is both legal and prolific where I live (Oregon).

I've helped to harvest it in the past.

There are many, many dispensaries.

There are CBD products in the grocery stores.

It's probably just a matter of time before it is legal everywhere.

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Blacklight43 (19th February 2018), enigma3 (8th May 2018), Hym (20th February 2018), Jad (23rd February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Omni (19th February 2018), onawah (20th February 2018), Valerie Villars (9th May 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Blacklight43's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,900 times in 245 posts

It is legal here in my state and city...however buying from a dispensary will cost you a whopping 23% tax these days. I will now stick to growing my own and making my own medicine. I refuse to pay the extortion.
    Last edited by Blacklight43; 23rd February 2018 at 00:51.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Blacklight43 For This Post:

Hym (20th February 2018), Jad (23rd February 2018), Jantje (20th February 2018), Kryztian (20th February 2018), Michelle Marie (19th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Omni (23rd April 2018), onawah (20th February 2018), Valerie Villars (9th May 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,973 times in 20,621 posts

Medical marijuana has recently become legal for purchase from licensed dispensaries here in Arkansas, though none are actually open yet, and it costs $50 just to get an ID card qualifying you to purchase it for one year.
    Nothing has been revealed as yet as to how much it will cost to actually purchase the products.
    Medicare won't cover it, as far as I know, so only those with the funds to buy it will be able to benefit.
    It's still illegal to grow our own, of course...
    Each breath a gift...

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Hym (21st February 2018), Michelle Marie (20th February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Omni (23rd April 2018), Valerie Villars (9th May 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

Quote Posted by Blacklight43 (here)
    It is legal here in my state and city...however buying from a dispensary will cost you a whopping 23% tax thee days. I will now stick to growing my own and making my own medicine. I refuse to pay the extortion.
    I've never bought anything at dispensaries.

There are plenty of generous people who grow.

Homemade medicine is best. I also made coconut comfrey oil.

Some of the rules and prices are ridiculous. We don't give them power and they can't take it.

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Blacklight43 (23rd February 2018), Hym (21st February 2018), Navigator (21st February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Omni (23rd April 2018), Valerie Villars (9th May 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

As apparently the only Canadian so far commenting on this thread ...

While a few states in a few countries allow marijuana use, this coming July, Canada will be the first country to have fully legalized marijuana for both recreation and medicinal purposes.

All provinces have been mandated to have all their legislation, distribution and control channels in place by then. some provinces are opting for an attempt at monopoly control (BC and Ontario for example), using the same type of infrastructure that liquor is controlled with. Other provinces, like Alberta will privatize marijuana distribution, which happens to also align with their liquor control model (liquor control is privatized in Alberta).

It looks like liquor stores will be the main channel for recreational distribution in the provinces that are going for the monopoly model, and in the provinces with the private model, any store meeting criteria can apply for a license. Criteria to meet are things like distance from schools and sensitive areas and a full background check on the applicant - they must not have a trafficking or other criminal record.

Age restrictions are looking to follow each provinces laws on legal age for liquor (18 or 19 - province dependent)

The smoking of marijuana will be subjected to the same laws that govern tobacco smoking - in most provinces right now the regulations on this are fairly tight - you mostly can't smoke anywhere except in designated areas or on your own property. public parks sometimes have "no smoking" laws, but in designated areas. Marijuana smokers will have to follow the same regulations.

The distinction between medicinal and recreation will be probably defined by the exact metering of doses for medicinal, while recreational will not require any such controls. For example, my doctor might prescribe 10mg CBD TID (three times daily) and less than "X" amount of THC, or whatever; Licensed producers of medicinal marijuana have to test their flowers and/or concentrates/edibles and provide the dose that the doctor is prescribing. They will also have to follow a strict model and track each batch from seed to sale - not too unlike what pharma is required to do. A major purpose for doing this is to provide some control as medical benefits companies will be offering coverage on medicinal marijuana - they will need this level of control before offering the benefits.

For personal use, I believe up to four marijuana plants per household will be allowed to be grown at any given time.

Advertising campaigns have already started warning against the dangers of pot use in young teens and the risks of driving "high". Police forces are already testing roadside marijuana testing devices - similar regulations to driving while under the influence of alcohol.

Will this work? I think it will, but it may take a while to work out all the kinks, like "what are Canadians supposed to tell US customs when traveling to the USA and they ask if you ever smoked marijuana before?" -- apparently answering "yes" is potential for denial of entry into the US.

That said, I think once one country has a proven working model, many more will follow suit. The biggest roadblock always has been and will remain "Industry". Big Pharma, Big Chemical, and Big Agra do not want marijuana legalized because it allows freedoms from their patents with better solutions. Tough ****, I say. I guess we may find out how each country is wrapped around the capitalists fingers with their attitudes toward this - it might be telling ...

I don't think the black market for it will ever go away completely, but it will remain a good tool to keep prices in check.

Stay tuned, we'll see this unveiled in just a few months. Here's to hoping it pans out well and other countries follow.
    Last edited by Navigator; 21st February 2018 at 01:14.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Navigator For This Post:

Hym (21st February 2018), Jad (23rd February 2018), Michelle Marie (21st February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Valerie Villars (9th May 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,024 times in 910 posts

I saw a dear old friend, a healer/massage therapist, a couple of years back who was dying of cancer. The doctors had taken out a foot of his intestines to remove a cancerous growth and he was preparing for a hernia operation in just a few days. He told me that they expected him to die soon and as much as I love my dear friend and as optimistic and supportive as I am, in this case it looked like the doctors may have been right. He looked in bad shape, his weight down to 110 pounds from 160+-, as he seemed to have aged 20 years in the few years since we last met. But, as providence and persistence are and as powerful as love is to get answers from the universe, things quickly changed for him.

Somehow, not from me, he was given a small bottle of cannabis oil and was told to take just 1/8th teaspoon every 8 hours. I was told, from a very unexpected and unlikely source, that the gift to my friend took 5 days of cooking to make, in a concoction with vegetable glycerin in a crockpot.
    I saw him a week later and he looked better . He even asked me to take a hike with him, which turned out to be a walk down the hospital hall as he slowly shuffled his way with the use of his walker. I had to work so I didn't see him again, nor talk to him as he rarely answered his phone but then I saw a slight change in him, impressive enough to see him living at least a little longer.

A year later I did hear from another friend that my sick brother had taken a turn for the better, gained 40 lbs. and was walking 4 to 5 miles a day. The oil and the call of an old friend had given him one and one half more years of life. When he left his body I didn't contact his widow, nor felt a need to, as she is also the widow of a magical seer friend of mine who left in the early days of '86. I was surprised to hear that she, as a retired RN, hadn't found a way to get her husband the natural, real medicine he needed, but providence and help sometimes show up on their own. We are just the ones who carry the love that it answers to.
    Last edited by Hym; 21st February 2018 at 01:50.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Caliban (21st February 2018), Michelle Marie (21st February 2018), Navigator (21st February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), onawah (21st February 2018), Valerie Villars (9th May 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,527 times in 642 posts

Besides all the physical health benefits to this wonderful plant medicine, which have been so obvious for so long -- the benefits to mental and spiritual well being and healing are incredible too.

Mentally, Santa Maria helps us see old patterns in our minds, obsessive thoughts, hidden motivations, blocks and fear. Did I mention fears? ;0 This is why, I think, people often complain of "anxiety" or paranoia. It's showing you what you've buried, brother.

Spiritually, it opens the heart and makes you see the only thing that really matters. Love. And it shows you that you are fine, as you are, just as you are.

As it becomes "legal" everywhere some of us will need instruction on how to use responsibly. Or, I should say, respectfully. She's a teacher and a healer.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Hym (23rd February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Omni (22nd February 2018), onawah (21st February 2018), Valerie Villars (9th May 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    Australia Avalon Member Zanshin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 times in 268 posts

Some excelent posts - one aspect I haven't seen addressed is the difference between 'hydro' and 'bush'.

The lack of connection to earth, uptake of trace minerals and saturation with man made chemicals of hydroponically grown cannabis (or anything),
    is a topic I feel needs serious study.

I realise there are some very potent organic hydro food mixes but the incentive of more bang for your buck (due to the black nature of the market perhaps?),
    seems to encourage growers to dump the most potent N-P-K chemical brew on their crop.

Where there could be evidence that certain people can be affected in a schizphrenic way by smoking weed excessively (I have witnessed this personally),
    I am firmly of the opinion that this has more to do with the chemically saturated hydro over the natural bush variety.
    Completely different type of stone too as most smokers would attest to.

All that said I agree with Hym re: seeking a higher level whilst inhibited by any substance.

In Queensland it is still illegal - a very draconian state in many ways legally.

Here's to a future where arguably one of the most versatile and beneficial plants on the planet is finally released from the corporate sanction of big business.

Thanks for the comprehensive list Omni.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zanshin For This Post:

Hym (23rd February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), onawah (21st February 2018), Valerie Villars (9th May 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Lots of good reasons in this!

New Media Productions

Stephen Gray | Cannabis & Spirituality

Published 1st June 2017

Talk by Stephen Gray on his book Cannabis and Spirituality: An Explorer’s Guide to an Ancient Plant Spirit Ally. Also author of Returning to Sacred World.

Info at CannabisAndSpirituality.com

Explores the use of marijuana in a wide range of spiritual practices, including meditation, yoga, chanting, visualization, shamanism, group ceremonies, work with other entheogens, and as a creative aid.

Book includes authors Kathleen Harrison, Joan Bello, Hamilton Souther, Steven Hager, Chris Bennett, Dee Dussault, Jeremy Wolff, and Roger Christie.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Blacklight43 (23rd February 2018), Hym (23rd February 2018), Jad (23rd February 2018), Navigator (22nd February 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), onawah (22nd April 2018), Valerie Villars (9th May 2018)

21. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Legal Updates on CBD and Homeopathy
    April 22, 2018
    https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a..._rid=282742002

Story at-a-glance
    CBD is the nonpsychoactive component of cannabis and hemp. Unlike the THC in cannabis, CBD does not induce a high, but has many clinical benefits, including the control of seizures and pain
    Federal drug laws stipulate cannabis is an illegal Class 1 narcotic; in states where cannabis has been legalized, buyers and sellers of cannabis rely on federal authorities not enforcing federal drug law
    The U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) considers CBD to be cannabis and has scheduled it as a Class 1 narcotic. Hemp growers have sued DEA to deschedule CBD. The case is currently pending before the Ninth Circuit of Appeals
    There’s a limited time left for CBD companies to petition FDA to market CBD as a dietary ingredient. Once FDA approves GW Pharmaceuticals’ CBD medicine as a new drug, CBD can no longer be legally sold or marketed as a supplement
    FDA has issued a draft document in which they state they intend to exercise enforcement discretion on homeopathic products, but made it clear they believe homeopathic medicines are unapproved new drugs
    By Dr. Mercola

Quote Todd Harrison is a partner in the legal firm, Venable LLP — one of the “white hat” legal firms that helps defend us and many other companies against overreaches by federal regulatory agencies such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Federal Trade Commission (FTC). In this interview, he discusses the latest legal developments involving cannabidiol (CBD) and homeopathy, both of which have come under recent serious attack.

Venable is a full-service law firm founded in Baltimore City in the 1800s. In the 1980s, the firm decided to develop a regulatory practice, which led to the opening of a Washington D.C. office. In the 2000s, offices were added in Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco. “We do everything from intellectual property work to contracts and distribution agreements, to general corporate work,” Harrison says.

Harrison’s expertise is Food and Drug Law and advertising law, and many of his clients are companies that market nutritional supplements and cosmetics. Venable also has a number of lawyers who used to work for federal regulatory agencies and have had an inside view of their workings.

“For instance, in our New York office, we have Leonard Gordon [who] came out of the FTC. He was an East Coast regional director of the FTC. We recently brought in Michael Bloom, who was at the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). While at DOJ, he oversaw not only FDA cases but also the FTC cases.”

Legal Update on CBD Oil
    Cannabidiol (CBD) is the nonpsychoactive component of cannabis. Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), it doesn’t induce a “high,” but has many clinical benefits, including the control of seizures and pain. With projections suggesting somewhere between 50,000 and 60,000 Americans will die from opioid overdoses this year, we are in dire need of nontoxic pain relief.

CBD oil is one of them. Unfortunately, cannabis is classified as a Class 1 narcotic, which makes the legalities surrounding CBD a bit more complex. Harrison explains:

“What people should realize is that cannabis and hemp are the same plant. It’s just the amount of THC that’s in that plant. The status of cannabis is quite clear. Under federal law, it’s a controlled substance. It cannot be marketed. It cannot be sold. That’s regardless of what the states have done … [T]he federal government [could] clamp down on the states that have legalized cannabis and take action against individuals in those states.

In states where they’ve legalized [cannabis], it really depends upon the good will of the federal government not to enforce the U.S. drug laws. CBD is a different issue. It’s kind of a complex issue. CBD is part of the hemp plant. It could also be part of the marijuana plant. It generally comes from the resin of the plant. CBD is considered … by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), to be a controlled substance. It’s considered to be marijuana.

There is a case now pending before the Ninth Circuit of Appeals. Oral hearings were … on whether DEA’s scheduling of [CBD] is appropriate. We will have a decision of the Ninth Circuit from a DEA perspective probably sometime midsummer. I would think no later than September …

I truly believe the Ninth Circuit will rule against the DEA. I think the DEA has overstepped [with] a nonpsychoactive. You can’t sit there and classify everything under marijuana to be a controlled substance. I think, in the end, it’s a fight that DEA is losing.

The lawsuit was brought by several hemp growers against the DEA. It’s been going on for a while. We’re at the Court of Appeals stage. We expect a decision. I think the arguments are very strong that the DEA has overstepped its bounds. From a controlled substance point of view, that decision of the Ninth Circuit will either be a game changer, or it will be the industry’s worst nightmare.”

Drug Industry May Ultimately Push for Descheduling of CBD
    Considering CBD is nonpsychoactive, there’s really nothing for the DEA to be concerned about. You cannot get high from it and it’s not addictive. From these facts alone, it makes absolutely no sense to regulate CBD as a Class 1 narcotic. One possible ulterior motive might involve collusion with the drug industry.

By eliminating CBD, drug companies stand to make more money from drug sales. However, the drug industry may ultimately want CBD to be descheduled as well, as companies have started developing CBD-based drugs.

“They’re not going to want it to be a controlled substance,” Harrison says. “In the end, I think that even if the Ninth Circuit case goes badly, my prediction would be that once the FDA approves [GW Pharmaceuticals’] new drug, there’s going to be a recommendation to deschedule [CBD] from the FDA.”

CBD Industry Has Failed to Take Necessary Action
    Unfortunately, even if the FDA calls for the descheduling of CBD to pave the way for CBD drugs, it won’t help manufacturers of CBD supplements. GW Pharmaceuticals have already been granted a patent for its CBD product and are pursuing classification as a drug. Once that drug application goes through, it becomes a crime to sell CBD oil unless you’ve gone through the FDA drug approval process. Harrison explains:

“In 2006, GW Pharma filed an investigational new drug (IND) application with the FDA to conduct clinical trials on CBD, because it held a lot of promise for patients with certain seizure disorders. To be able to make that type of claim, you’d have no choice but to go through clinical trials. And then they instituted clinical trials immediately after that.

Those dates are important because under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act, if an ingredient is a subject of an IND and significant clinical trials prior to its use as a dietary ingredient, you’d have to get authorization from FDA to market that ingredient. Nobody paid attention to this.

The CBD industry just went hog-wild and decided they were going to get into it and ignored that part of the law. There’s still actually a limited time [for action]. Somebody could petition FDA to market CBD as a dietary ingredient.

The only way it ever becomes a preclusion is if somebody does an act prior to FDA approving CBD as a new drug. Once they approve it as a new drug, it would be precluded, unless FDA actually went ahead and permitted its use before that. That’s the rub here. It’s that there is a small window of time that a company could go forward with FDA.

There’s a good chance that the FDA may reject it. You may very well have a very good case to bring it to a court, because there’s no reason that CBD shouldn’t be able to be marketed as a dietary ingredient. But nobody is doing that right now.

Because of that, the industry risks that FDA — once it approves that [CBD] drug approval — there’s no way of being able to use CBD as a single moiety marketed as a dietary supplement. CBD companies, in many ways, act like the cannabis crowd, [saying] ‘If everybody is selling it, then we’re not going to have any problems. We’re going to force the law to change that way.’ There’s one big difference here.

Most pharmaceutical companies don’t have clinical trials on smoking weed. Here is a company that does very good work. Actually, if you talk to even some of the natural botanists out there, they’ve done extremely good work on CBD, THC and marijuana. They’re going to want to … protect their interests.

They may very well — and this is my speculation — tell FDA, ‘You need to do something at that point.’ Or they may try to do it themselves by bringing their own actions. That’s the risk that CBD industry takes …

I once argued, ‘Are you better off having the fight now or later?’ If the fight’s going to happen, should you just go ahead and do it now, or should you go ahead and do it later? From that perspective, maybe it’s better to have that fight now, while it’s not an approved drug. Because having the fight after it’s an approved drug is going to make it significantly more difficult…”

Hemp Products Are Legal, Even if They Contain CBD — At Least For Now
    Considering the risks of not petitioning the FDA to have CBD approved as a dietary supplement, why hasn’t anyone done it already? Barring poor legal advice, the most likely reason is cost. As noted by Harrison, “To file a good petition with the FDA, with all the safety data and everything that you would need, you’re probably talking about $50,000 to $80,000. But if you lose to the FDA, the litigation costs could easily reach the mid-six figures to low-seven figures. I think that’s why people don’t do it.”

Now, as mentioned, CBD can come from either cannabis or hemp. Again, the distinction between these two plants hinges on the THC content. Hemp has very little if any THC, whereas cannabis will have varying amounts of THC depending on the species. Hemp products such as hemp oil and hemp extract are legal.

Even though they may have small amounts of CBD, hemp products can be lawfully marketed. This is a potential loophole the CBD industry could use. The drawback is hemp products may not have much CBD in them, and they may not be clinically effective.

“My hope is that there is a resolution to be had, and that CBD will be made available, but we’ll have to see. It’s a shame to have something that has potential health benefits outside what we call a drug claim not available to individuals,” Harrison says. “I think the idea that … it helps alleviate daily stress and things along that line … is appropriate for a dietary supplement.”

There are many instances where people have moved simply to avail themselves of legal medical cannabis. It’s truly sad that it’s not available across the nation. CBD products are currently available in all states, but that may soon change, depending on how this pending litigation plays out.

Legal Update on Homeopathics
    The second topic Harrison addresses in this interview is the legal status of homeopathic medicines. The FDA has issued a draft document in which they state they intend to exercise enforcement discretion on homeopathic products, but made it clear they believe homeopathic medicines are unapproved new drugs.

“I believe they’re just wrong on the law. Homeopathy goes back a long time,” Harrison says. “It goes back to the original Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act. It is recognized as a drug in the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act … Why are we vilifying a whole medicinal paradigm just because it doesn’t fit our ideas of Western medicine?”

Indeed, the FDA’s stance comes across as both irrational and inconsistent. On one hand, they’re saying there’s no way homeopathy can work since there’s no active ingredient. It’s just a “vibrational essence” or energy of an active ingredient left due to extreme dilution. On the other hand, they want to treat homeopathics as new drugs.

The legality that allows for this inconsistency is the fact that it’s the disease claim that makes a product a drug. In other words, if the product claims to treat a disease, it’s a drug. If it makes no claim to treat disease, it’s not a drug.

“It’s more about the intent of the product,” Harrison explains. “One of the problems I have … [is] we’ve decided that everything is a disease in this country. There’s nothing that’s not a disease. We don’t worry about maintaining health. But even if I wanted to say that FDA was right … why do we care if somebody is using a homeopathic medication for the alleviation of cold symptoms, cough or a rash on your body?

That’s just a waste of money. You don’t have to believe it works. Even if I wanted to assume it’s a placebo effect on individuals, those individuals believe it’s working. The placebo effect’s a real effect. It’s just that the whole rationale makes no sense. FDA admits that homeopathic drugs are safe. They are not going to cause harm. Whether you believe they’re effective or not is irrelevant, because the people who take them [believe it].

Regardless of the prescription products, that should be between the physician and his patients. They should discuss the pros and cons of whether a homeopathic product will work or not. Now, homeopathic products that treat serious conditions should not be made available over the counter, because we don’t even like conventional drug products that are intended to treat serious conditions over the counter.

But you can’t all of a sudden say, ‘Well, no. Not even a practitioner in his practice of medicine [can] recommend a homeopathic.’ I think that FDA is overstepping. But I also think that in many ways, the homeopathic industry is being lazy about it. [They say] ‘Well, FDA has decided that they’re going to exercise their enforcement discretion and not do anything’ … But what do you do when FDA decides to do something?

On top of it all, then you have plaintiff attorneys out there that are going to argue that FDA is on the record saying these products aren’t approved new drugs. That makes you illegal. Therefore, that’s a reason to be sued. I’m hoping that the industry wakes up and pushes back hard.

Not everything needs to be established by double-blind, placebo-controlled studies … People should be allowed to have their homeopathic products. If they believe in it, they should allow it. If you don’t believe in it, you don’t have to buy it.”

Future of Homeopathics Remains Uncertain
    As for the future of homeopathic remedies in the U.S., Harrison believes they’ll remain under continual assault. That said, he doubts the FDA will ever finalize its draft guidance document because it “knows that when you finalize things, it has other repercussions.”

Unfortunately, homeopathic companies will likely continue to be sued until or unless the FDA admits that homeopathic remedies are appropriate and legal. Companies must also take care to be consistent with the materia medica to ensure their claims are not misleading.

“To boil down homeopathy simply, it’s that like cures like. If you have a poison ivy blister, you put poison ivy on yourself. But it’s a highly-diluted poison ivy. I think that in many ways, vaccines, like the smallpox vaccines and things like that, actually kind of grew out of that idea — that we give people minute quantities that will help their immune system respond …

My hope is that FDA will withdraw and just admit that homeopathic products may be lawfully marketed, as long as they are part of the materia medica, and that the FTC, on the other hand, doesn’t try to say, ‘The only way you can make a product for homeopathy is if you actually do a double-blind placebo-controlled study.’ I think that would be a huge mistake.”

Why Aren’t Homeopathics Grandfathered In?
    A reasonable question to ask would be why homeopathic remedies aren’t grandfathered in. Drugs in use prior to 1938 are not required to have clinical studies to back up their claims, yet can still be used as drugs. Homeopathic remedies have been used far longer than that, so why are they being penalized? Harrison explains:

“Grandfather drugs are a very narrow category of drugs. Everything has to be identical, all your claims, all your warnings, your labels, your labeling has to be identical to that pre-1938 product. If you can’t show that it’s not absolutely identical to that product that was marketed prior to that, then you’re not grandfathered.

There are very few products FDA would ever admit that are grandfathered. But it’s not a bad argument to make, especially if you can go back and show this homeopathic remedy was marketed back in 1938. But part of the problem is that back in the old days, the homeopathic products tended to be single-ingredient products.

Almost all of the homeopathic products today are multi-ingredient. That will take you out of the grandfather. It complicates the issue. If I were to find a 1938 one and I copy that label identically … I would have a good argument that [it] is [grandfathered].”

Using single-ingredient remedies is a legal loophole that makers of homeopathics could resort to if push comes to shove in the years ahead. That said, it makes little sense to vilify something that is completely harmless and that many feel works. No one has ever died from taking a homeopathic preparation. It’s hard to imagine a medicine that could be safer. While many simply don’t believe homeopathic remedies work, this really should not be cause for their discontinuation.

It’s really about freedom of choice. If you feel a homeopathic is helping, you should be allowed to use it, especially when you consider all the other things you’re allowed to use that come with significant if not extreme risks, be it cigarettes, alcohol or over-the-counter medications. The FDA’s public comment period expired on March 30, so at this point, all we can do is wait and watch for further developments.
    Each breath a gift...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (23rd April 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Omni (22nd April 2018)

23. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

When my mother was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in 2014, the doctor told her, me, my sister and my aunt "off the record" that she felt if we could find some marijuana it would help with my Mom's appetite, pain and nausea. I was delighted to hear it coming from a regular old m.d.

In the 90's, I went to the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival where I purchased a hackey sack which was filled with hemp seeds, for my 11 year old son. Thinking nothing of it, he bought it to school. Imagine my shock when I got a call at work to come to his school. He was in big trouble mister. He had violated the zero tolerance policy the school had in place. He got suspended for three days, creating a ridiculous hardship on me and him.

Then, to add insult to injury, we were required to go to a six week drug course at night. It was the most ridiculous, wasteful, stupid thing I had ever seen. Please, legalize it.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (23rd April 2018), Foxie Loxie (23rd April 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), onawah (22nd April 2018)

25. Link to Post #33
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Speaking of saving trees and forests:

26. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Each breath a gift...

27. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

noxon medem (30th June 2018)

28. Link to Post #35
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Facebook deems CBD oil as an illegal drug...
    https://news.therawfoodworld.com/sto...-illegal-drug/
    Quote Greetings from Matt Monarch!
    Facebook deems CBD oil as an illegal drug...
    I tried advertising the video, "FDA approves 1st CBD pharmaceutical drug" on Facebook. I did mention our CBD oil and where to get it at the end of the video.

As seen in the image below, Facebook denied this advertisement stating, "We don't allow ads that promote illegal drugs. Ads like these are sensitive in nature and are usually contrary of local laws, rules and regulations."

Whoever can reach more of the masses through computers, televisions, radios, magazines, newspapers, phones etc, has the power to determine what information is fed to the people.
    They have the ability to sway the minds of the people on what is normal, right and wrong. For example, it is now common sense to submit yourself to a doctor, accept everything they say, remove internal body parts, go on pharmaceutical drugs, and do chemotherapy.

In fact, The masses would consider it quite risky and dangerous if a person had a disease and rejected the doctors orders, due to the information that they've been fed.
    They have now been slowly creating a lock-down on the internet system to gain even more control.
    For example, getting paid information out there to the masses that the 'powers-at-be' don't want you to see, is almost becoming virtually impossible. Instagram is owned by Facebook, Wholefoods is owned by Amazon, and YouTube is owned by Google. I can't even advertise CBD oil on any of these platforms in order to reach the masses.

If they can lock-down the internet system, what stops them from regulating the email system next? For example, this newsletter...

Sending emails through Amazon's system is actually the lowest priced way to go per email. The next best priced version costs twice as much. They can easily start regulating what types of emails are allowed to go out to people, starting with Amazon and moving on out.
    If it wasn't for our fighting, it would be complete domination...
    As we have been seeing on Youtube, even the non-paid information is being locked-down upon. I can give you endless names of people who have been taken down from YouTube, who share information like this.
    Each breath a gift...

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

noxon medem (30th June 2018), Omni (8th May 2018)

30. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Green Flower YouTube Channel Shut down
    By Green Flower Media
    on May 7, 2018
    https://www.learngreenflower.com/art...nnel-shut-down
    Quote On May 6, 2018, Green Flower’s YouTube channel was shut down after three years of operation.

Sadly, it wasn’t too big of a surprise as YouTube has been shutting down cannabis content channels left and right over the past few months.

YouTube has not yet issued any response to this wave of cannabis channel strikes and shutdowns other than a standard message that this content is in violation of YouTube’s community guidelines.

While these guidelines cover things like violence, nudity, hard drug use, and malicious content – it’s difficult to understand where cannabis education accounts would be banned, according to the guidelines.

"Green Flower provides expert-backed knowledge about the medical benefits of cannabis, cannabis science, using cannabis for specific ailments and conditions, and much more. If we are getting shut-down despite the credibility and quality of our content, it shows just how deeply the world doesn't understand cannabis today," said Max Simon, CEO of Green Flower.

Rest assured, the Green Flower team will work to get our YouTube channel back online.

The good news, however, is that within a couple of weeks, everyone in the world will have 100% free access to Green Flower’s vast library of cannabis science and health videos – where there will be no content bans or shutdowns.

"Green Flower 2.0 is our solution to the YouTube cannabis ban. In a funny way, us getting shut down is perfect timing to announce our new free cannabis video platform," said Simon.

YouTube’s actions are a good reminder that we need to keep spreading cannabis truth and encouraging political leaders to federally remove cannabis from the Controlled Substances Act.

Whatever happens next, Green Flower remains committed to bringing you the very best in cannabis learning, training, and entertainment.
    Each breath a gift...

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

noxon medem (30th June 2018), Omni (9th May 2018), Valerie Villars (9th May 2018)

32. Link to Post #37
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Vote Hemp Action Alert
    Quote ACTION ALERT!
    5/11/17
    We have gained 12 new Senate cosponsors thanks to your efforts! Please take action and share this email
    https://actnow.io/w6haydP?resetcookie=1
    The Hemp Farming Act is gaining support in Congress thanks to your emails and calls! Hemp supporters have generated more than 8,000 letters and calls in just 2 weeks and we have picked up 12 new cosponsors. Last Friday we got the news that Minority Leader Schumer was joining the effort which is a real game changer. This week we gained support from Sen. Hoeven (R-ND), Sen. Hirono (D-HI), Sen. Tillis (R-NC) and Sen. Whitehouse (D-RI).

Today 3 hemp amendments to the Farm Bill were filed including 2 that would legalize hemp farming and another which will ensure access to banking for hemp businesses. Vote Hemp will be advocating for these amendments as they go up for a vote in the coming week or so.

Please help us keep up the pressure! We want to pick up 10 more cosponsors in the next 2 weeks leading up to our Hemp Lobby Day on June 7th. If you haven't written a letter yet, please click below and do so. If you have, please write another one or consider calling to ask for your Senators and Representatives support for the Hemp Farming Act (S. 2667 and H.R. 5485).
    WRITE YOUR REPRESENTATIVES
    The Hemp Farming Act removes many of the roadblocks holding back American farmers and the hemp industry. We need your help to get this critical legislation passed into law. Please help us by writing your representatives, it only takes a minute.

Please help us ensure that American farmers can grow hemp once again. Take action and share this alert with your friends, family and coworkers.
    https://actnow.io/w6haydP?resetcookie=1
    Thanks for your support!

Eric Steenstra
    President
    Vote Hemp
    Each breath a gift...

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

noxon medem (30th June 2018), Omni (11th May 2018)

34. Link to Post #38
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Can Cannabis Fight Tumors? by Dr. Mercola
    5/16/18
    https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a..._rid=306310140

Quote Story at-a-glance
    Cannabinoids interact with your body by way of naturally occurring cannabinoid receptors embedded in cell membranes throughout your body. It has a long history of use for pain and seizure disorders
    Doctors working with medical cannabis are also using it to treat cancer-related side effects, and evidence suggests the herb may even have antitumor effects all on its own
    Cannabis is proapoptotic, meaning it triggers cellular suicide of cancer cells while leaving healthy cells untouched, and antiangiogenic, meaning it cuts off a tumor's blood supply
    CBD and THC together appears more effective against cancer than either of them in isolation. The sequence of administration also matters; when administered after chemotherapy, it induced greater apoptosis (cell death) than when administered prior to chemo
    Another recent study suggests CBD from hemp may be helpful against ovarian cancer, reducing metastasis and slowing ovarian cancer better than the current ovarian cancer drug Cisplatin
    Medical cannabis has a long history as a natural analgesic,1 and is now legal in 30 U.S. states,2,3 the majority of which allow limited use of medical marijuana under certain medical circumstances. The medicinal qualities of marijuana are primarily due to high amounts (about 10 to 20 percent) of cannabidiol (CBD), medicinal terpenes and flavonoids.

Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the psychoactive component of marijuana that makes you feel "stoned," but it too has valuable medical benefits, so depending on your problem, you may want higher or lower levels of THC. Cannabinoids interact with your body by way of naturally occurring cannabinoid receptors embedded in cell membranes throughout your body.

There are cannabinoid receptors in your brain, lungs, liver, kidneys, immune system and more. Both the therapeutic and psychoactive properties of marijuana occur when a cannabinoid activates these cannabinoid receptors.

Cannabis Has Long History of Use for Pain, Seizures and More
    The U.S. government, through the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), actually holds a patent on CBD as an antioxidant and neuroprotectant — an ironic and paradoxical situation considering the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration has classified cannabis as a Schedule 1 controlled substance, which by definition has no accepted medical use.

This federal classification also makes it very difficult, time consuming and expensive to study the health effects of marijuana. Labs have to jump through a lot of legal hoops before being granted permission to study Schedule 1 drugs. Despite such difficulties, a number of studies have found a wide range of uses for the herb. For example, The Journal of Pain,4 a publication by the American Pain Society, has a long list of studies on the pain-relieving effects of cannabis.

Cannabis also has been used for over 80 years for drug-resistant seizure disorders. In January 2015, the American Academy of Pediatrics updated its policy statement on marijuana,5 acknowledging that cannabinoids "may currently be an option for … children with life-limiting or severely debilitating conditions and for whom current therapies are inadequate."

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse,6 which also has information relating to the medicinal aspects of marijuana, preclinical and clinical trials are also underway to test marijuana and various extracts for the treatment of a number of diseases, including autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer's disease, inflammation, substance use disorders and mental disorders.

CBD oil has also been shown7 to protect the brain of stroke patients and those with Parkinson's. It may also slow neurodegeneration caused by alcohol abuse.

Cannabis Shows Promise as Anticancer Agent
    Doctors working with medical cannabis are also using it to treat cancer-related side effects, and evidence suggests the herb may even have antitumor effects all on its own, with dozens of studies pointing to marijuana's effectiveness against many different types of cancer, including brain cancer, breast, prostate, lung, thyroid, colon and pituitary cancer, melanoma and leukemia.

It fights cancer via at least two mechanisms that make it difficult for a cancer to grow and spread: It's proapoptotic (meaning it triggers apoptosis or cellular suicide of cancer cells while leaving healthy cells untouched) and antiangiogenic (meaning it cuts off a tumor's blood supply). As recently reported by Scientific American:8

"… while the available data are limited, research that has been conducted around antitumor effects of cannabinoids so far shows great promise. The International Journal of Oncology published a study9 last year, for example, indicating that cannabinoids successfully kill cancer cells, and the benefits increase when combined with chemotherapy.

An early preclinical study10 we recently conducted also found that cancer cells derived from patient blood samples were differentially sensitive to the two main active compounds in cannabis — tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA).

A number of other laboratory and animal studies have been conducted in recent years on colon, breast and brain cancers.11 They indicate that cannabinoids may inhibit tumor growth by blocking cell growth, causing cell death and blocking the development of blood vessels that tumors require to grow."

CBD and THC Combo Improve Anticancer Drug Effectiveness
    According to the International Journal of Oncology study mentioned, phytocannabinoids " possess anticancer activity when used alone, and a number have also been shown to combine favorably with each other in vitro in leukemia cells to generate improved activity." The best results were obtained when the cannabinoids were paired with the leukemia drugs cytarabine and vincristine.

"Results show a number of cannabinoids could be paired together to generate an effect superior to that achieved if the components were used individually," the researchers write, noting that CBD and THC together appeared to be more effective than either of them in isolation.

They also found that the sequence of administration mattered a great deal. When cannabinoids were administered after chemotherapy, it induced greater apoptosis or programmed cell death. When administered before, the opposite effect was achieved. According to the authors:

"Our results suggest that when certain cannabinoids are paired together, the resulting product can be combined synergistically with common anti-leukemia drugs allowing the dose of the cytotoxic agents to be dramatically reduced yet still remain efficacious. Nevertheless, the sequence of drug administration is crucial to the success of these triple combinations and should be considered when planning such treatments."

Hemp CBD Shows Promise Against Ovarian Cancer
    Another recent study suggests CBD from hemp may be helpful against ovarian cancer. Hemp and marijuana plants are in the same family but differ in their THC content. While marijuana plants contain varying amounts of THC, hemp contains very little or none of this psychoactive ingredient. According to a report in Medical News Today,12 Sullivan University College of Pharmacy in Louisville, Kentucky, is "a hotbed of research into hemp's potential ability to fight cancer."

Two of its laboratory researchers recently presented findings from two of its studies at the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology conference in San Diego. In the first,13 a strain called Kentucky hemp was found to reduce the ability of ovarian cancer cells to migrate, suggesting it could eventually be used to help prevent ovarian cancer metastasis.

The second study14 found Kentucky hemp reduced secretion of interleukin IL-1 beta in ovarian cancer cells, thereby lowering inflammation associated with cancer progression. What's more, the researchers found Kentucky hemp "slows ovarian cancer comparable to, or even better than, the current ovarian cancer drug Cisplatin." The team is now planning additional studies using mice, with the hope of eventually graduating into human trials.

Cannabis Versus Opioids
    As mentioned, cannabis has well-proven analgesic properties, and evidence suggests it can be very helpful for those struggling with opioid addiction as well, easing withdrawal symptoms. In one recent study,15,16,17 138 seniors (ages 61 to 70) with osteoarthritis, stenosis or chronic hip or knee pain were prescribed medical marijuana to assess the effectiveness of the herb against pain, and whether it would have any impact on opioid use.

Eighteen percent of the patients moderately decreased their use of other pain killers; 20 percent significantly reduced opioid use and 27 percent stopped using opioids altogether. In all, 91 percent said they would recommend cannabis to others. Forty-five percent of the patients in this study used vaporized oil, 28 percent used pills and 17 percent used marijuana-laced oil topically. Twenty-one percent used cannabis once a day, 23 percent twice a day, and 39 percent used it more than twice daily.

The results were presented at the May 3 annual meeting of the American Geriatrics Society in Orlando, Florida. In an anonymous statement, one of the participants wrote, "My quality of life has increased considerably since starting medical marijuana. I was on opiates for 15 years, and six months on marijuana, [I'm] off both completely."

Coauthor Dr. Diana Martins-Welch, a physician in the Division of Geriatric and Palliative Medicine, Department of Medicine at Northwell Health, also noted she's been able to get patients off opioids using medical marijuana.

Cannabis Legalization Has Led to Significant Decrease in Opioid Overdose Deaths
    Another major benefit of cannabis is the fact that there's no risk of overdose or death. In fact, research from the Rand Corporation shows a 20 percent decline in opioid overdose deaths in states that had legalized medical marijuana, suggesting legalizing medical marijuana nationwide could save up to 10,000 lives a year. Together, these benefits make it a lead contender in the fight against rampant opioid abuse and escalating overdose deaths.18

CNN chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta recently published an open letter to U.S. attorney general Jeff Sessions, urging Sessions to change his stance on cannabis to help rein in the opioid epidemic. "Not only can cannabis work for a variety of conditions such as epilepsy, multiple sclerosis and pain, sometimes, it is the only thing that works … It is time for safe and regulated medical marijuana to be made available nationally," Gupta writes, adding:

"[P]erhaps most important, the compounds found in cannabis can heal the diseased addict's brain, helping them break the cycle of addiction. There is no other known substance that can accomplish all this. If we had to … design a medicine to help lead us out of the opioid epidemic, it would likely look very much like cannabis."

Cannabis Eases Depression, Anxiety and Stress
    Other recent research19 shows cannabis can help ease symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress. Unfortunately, depression and high stress are not recognized as a qualifying condition for a medical cannabis card in most states that have legalized the herb for medical use. The reason for this is largely due to lack of scientific support, Carrie Cuttler, Ph.D., author of the study, says.

To evaluate the effectiveness of cannabis for mental health, the team analyzed data from Strainprint, a mobile application cannabis users can use to track changes in symptoms after using different doses and cannabis chemotypes. Overall, self-reported symptoms of depression decreased by 50 percent and perceived stress decreased by 58 percent with use of medical marijuana.

Of those who inhaled cannabis, over 89 percent reported a reduction in depression; nearly 94 percent reported lower anxiety and over 93 percent reported fewer stress symptoms.

The greatest stress reduction was achieved after 10 puffs or more, while just two puffs reduced symptoms of depression and anxiety. These are rather impressive results, but the authors do note that results "may be inflated in the present sample because those who regularly have symptom exacerbation following cannabis use may be less likely to continue to use it to treat their symptoms and track symptom changes over time."

Other studies have also shown cannabis can be very helpful for those struggling with post-traumatic distress disorder.20,21 Marijuana suppresses dream recall, so for those having nightmares, it can be transformative. Marijuana is also reported to help individuals stay focused in the present, which is beneficial for those experiencing flashbacks.

THC Appears Particularly Beneficial Against Dementia
    Interestingly, animal research22 has shown THC — the psychoactive component of marijuana — has a particularly beneficial influence on the aging brain.23,24 Rather than dulling or impairing cognition in the elderly, THC appears to reverse the aging process and improve mental processes, raising the possibility it might be useful for the treatment of dementia.

To test the hypothesis, mice were given a small daily dose of THC over the course of one month at the age of 2 months, 12 months and again at 18 months of age. It is important to understand that mice typically live to be about 2 years old. The dose was small enough to avoid any psychoactive effects.

Tests assessed the animals' learning, memory, orientation and recognition skills. Curiously, the 18-month-old mice given THC demonstrated cognitive skills equal to 2-month-old controls, while the placebo group suffered cognitive deterioration associated with normal aging.

According to one of the authors, neurobiology professor Andreas Zimmer, University of Bonn, "The treatment completely reversed the loss of performance in the old animals. We repeated these experiments many times. It's a very robust and profound effect." Even more remarkable, gene activity and the molecular profile in the brain tissue was that of much younger animals.

Specifically, neurons in the hippocampus grew more synaptic spines — points of contact necessary for communication between neurons. According to Zimmer, the THC appeared to have "turned back the molecular clock" in the THC-treated animals. (Previous research has also shown that the brain ages much faster in mice who do not have functional receptors for THC, suggesting THC may be involved in the regulation of the aging process.25) The team is planning tests to see if the same holds true in human subjects.

In an earlier study, researchers at the University of South Florida and Thomas Jefferson University found that low-dose THC also directly impedes the buildup of beta amyloid plaque in the brain,26,27 which is associated with the development of Alzheimer's, and enhances mitochondrial function in the brain.

Medical marijuana is also known to reduce some of the non-memory-related symptoms typically experienced by Alzheimer's sufferers, including anxiety, irritability and rage,28 so cannabis may well have multiple benefits for those with dementia and Alzheimer's.

Is Cannabis Right for You?
    While recreational use of marijuana is not advocated, it seems quite clear that certain strains grown specifically to boost medicinal qualities can have a significantly beneficial effect on a number of different ailments and diseases, including chronic pain. In 2010, the Center for Medical Cannabis Research released a report29 on 14 clinical studies about the use of marijuana for pain, most of which were FDA-approved, double-blind and placebo-controlled.

This report revealed that marijuana not only controls pain well, but in many cases, it actually does so better than pharmaceutical alternatives. When cannabis is inhaled, smoked or vaporized, its effects are rapid and short-lasting. Orally, it's the most unpredictable and delayed. When ingesting it, it can take up to two hours to take effect, but if dosed appropriately, you can achieve once-a-day dosing with an edible medicine.

Compared to opioids and many other drugs, cannabis is also far safer. Cannabidiol has no toxicity and it's virtually impossible to die from marijuana. It's also self-limiting, as excessive doses of THC will provoke anxiety, paranoia and nausea. Such side effects will disappear as the drug dissipates from your system without resulting in permanent harm, but it'll make you think twice about taking such a high dose again. Make the same mistake with an opioid, and chances are you'll end up in the morgue.

Just be sure to seek out a knowledgeable cannabis physician, as the proper dosing needs to be carefully ascertained. If you are seriously considering medical cannabis for pain, please see my interview with Dr. Alan Frankel, one of the leading medical cannabis physicians in the U.S. He can do consultations on the phone if you need specific questions answered.

You can also learn more by reviewing my interviews with Dr. Margaret Gedde, who runs an alternative medical practice in Colorado where they specialize in the use of cannabis, and Todd Harrison, an attorney whose expertise is Food and Drug Law, in which he discusses the current legal status of CBD oil.

Research relating to the use of cannabis can also be found on cancer.gov30,31 (the U.S. government's site on cancer). Simply enter "cannabis" into the search bar. You can also peruse the medical literature through PubMed,32 which is a public resource (again, simply enter "cannabis" or related terms into the search bar).
    1 Journal of Pain April 2004: 5(3); S52
    2 Governing.com, State Marijuana Laws in 2018
    3 medicalmarijuana.procon.org, Laws, Fees, and Possession Limits
    4 Journal of Pain, Cannabis studies
    5 Pediatrics January 26, 2015
    6 National Institute on Drug Abuse, Medical Marijuana
    7 Summit Daily, Evidence of CBD’s Healing Benefits Grows
    8 Scientific American May 2, 2018
    9 International Journal of Oncology May 29, 2017
    10 PR Newswire March 29, 2018
    11 Cancer.gov, Preclinical Studies Using Cannabis
    12 Medical News Today April 26, 2018
    13 EB2018, KY Hemp-Induced Modulation of Ovarian Cancer Cell Metastasis
    14 EB2018, Investigate Kentucky Hemp-Induced Modulation of Interleukin 1 Secretion in Ovarian Cancer Cells
    15 RDMag.com May 2, 2018
    16 Eurekalert May 1, 2018
    17 Science Daily May 1, 2018
    18 CNN April 29, 2018
    19 Healio April 24, 2018
    20 Veterans for Medical Cannabis Access 2010
    21 Leafly April 30, 2014
    22 Nature Medicine May 8, 2017
    23, 25 Fight Aging May 9, 2017
    24 New Scientist May 8, 2017
    26 SFGate November 29, 2014
    27 J Alzheimers Dis 2014
    28 Medical Jane November 17, 2014
    29 CMCR February 11, 2010
    30 Cancer.gov
    31 Cancer.gov, Cannabis
    32 Pubmed
    Last edited by onawah; 16th May 2018 at 20:19.
    Each breath a gift...

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

noxon medem (30th June 2018), Omni (16th May 2018)

36. Link to Post #39
    New Zealand Avalon Member
    Thanks

I cant smoke it, drink it or even eat a little bit of it, the best I can hope for if I do......is I throw up.

Recently, I learnt that meth (P) addicts, use it to come down.

I also learned that it Does have medical benefits and that there are people out there who know how to process these and combine these with other plants including weeds, normal weeds not mind altering ones, to good benefit for a number of ailments.
    I use to be very anti drugs of any sort, but have calmed down in the face of so call anecdotal evidence.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mischief For This Post:

noxon medem (30th June 2018), Omni (17th May 2018)

38. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Federal: Bipartisan Bill To Protect States That Have Legalized Marijuana
    http://norml.org/action-center/item/...en-waiting-for
    Quote Senators Elizabeth Warren (D-CO) and Cory Gardner (R-CO) have introduced bipartisan legislation, The Strengthening the Tenth Amendment Through Entrusting States (STATES) Act of 2018, to remove the threat of federal intervention and prosecution in states that regulate marijuana use and sales. A bipartisan House companion bill has been introduced by Representatives David Joyce (R-OH) and Earl Blumenauer (D-OR).

This marks the first bicameral, bipartisan legislation to end the federal enforcement of prohibition in states that have reformed their marijuana laws.

Specifically, this legislation:
    - Creates an exemption to the Controlled Substances Act for US states and territories that have reformed their laws with regard to marijuana policy, effectively restraining undue federal intervention
    - Maintains federal legislative provisions (aka “guardrails”) to deter:
    - The interstate trafficking of marijuana into prohibition states from legal states
    - The prevention of those under 18 from working in the cannabis industry
    - The prevention of those under 21 from purchasing marijuana (unless recommended by a state-qualified physician to treat a medical condition)
    - Unsafe production conditions
    - Provides greater flexibility for lawmakers in non-legal states to reform their laws in a manner that reflects the will of the of their constituents and regulates cannabis commerce
    - Provides the ability for cannabis businesses to obtain basic banking services
    - Removes industrial hemp from the Controlled Substances Act

Please enter your information and send a message to your federal elected officials in support of this legislation now.http://norml.org/action-center/item/...en-waiting-for
    Each breath a gift...

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Gekko (10th June 2018), noxon medem (30th June 2018), Omni (8th June 2018), Valerie Villars (8th June 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast