+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 7 LastLast

Thread: The Eleven Twenty-Five (11:25) Phenomenon and Major Natural Disaster Dates

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member FireRat's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: The Eleven Twenty-Five (11:25) Phenomenon and Major Natural Disaster Dates

It sure is a scary situation unfolding, people here are very worried about what's about to take place and many stores in the area are already out of water and other goods. I gathered the most I could in case we lose power for days here in the interior of the state, it's mind-blowing to think how such a powerful hurricane could threaten to strike this far north and even stall over the area.

We sure could use a huge fan to blow Florence away!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireRat For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (14th September 2018), Sunny (12th September 2018), Valerie Villars (11th September 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks

Default Re: The Eleven Twenty-Five (11:25) Phenomenon and Major Natural Disaster Dates

Update...Twin Disasters, Half a World Away...
    Hurricane Florence made its slow landfall over the Wilmington area of North Carolina around 7:30 this morning and it continues to pummel the coastal Carolinas as it slowly heads inland into upper South Carolina...Catastrophic flooding already ongoing and will continue to get worse. This storm is far worse than a typical Category 1 hurricane (luckily it wasn't a Cat 4 like feared however!). Wind damage won't be much of a factor, but the water will be!

HURRICANE FLORENCE RADAR 9/14/2018 Morning Landfall

For the wind destruction, unfortunately this got delivered today as well, and on the other side of the planet! Category 5 typhoon Mangkhut quietly snuck behind Florence's news-grabbing attention and has made a direct strike on the northern Philippines as a monstrous 175 MPH Category 5 typhoon!! Massive destruction may have taken place in the region that was struck by the eyewall.

SUPER TYPHOON MANGKHUT Philippines Cat 5 Approach 9/14/2018

LANDFALL...Category 5!

One can see just how intense this cyclone was when it slammed into the northern tip of the Philippines. Supertyphoon Mangkhut is one of the most powerful typhoons to ever strike this part of the Philippines...and now it poses a major threat to China, Landfall expected in China on 9/16. Watch out, this could still be a major storm when it roars ashore over there!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FireRat For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (14th September 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Another beast in the West Pacific!!

SuperTyphoon Trami, Category 5, Morning of Sept 25 local time...expected to Peak on the 25th, Could Challenge Intensity Records...This is the type of Monsters that the # 25 can produce!

Lucky that this beast is over the water away from land at the moment, but it could threaten Taiwan or China by 9/29. Hoping that it misses and weakens too, someone will have to deal with it down the road, be it Taiwan, China or even south Japan.

It amazes me to see how hurricanes and typhoons seem to explode in intensity on major '25' days.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FireRat For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (25th September 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Tragedy and Devastation in Sulawesi, Indonesia following Earthquake and Tsunami to end September
    Devastation photograph from September 29, caused by violent Tsunami following Major M 7.5 earthquake the evening prior.

Over 1,000 people are dead after the double disaster earthquake/tsunami combo struck Indonesia at dusk on Sept 28. More are feared dead as rescuers begin reaching the hardest hit areas, which have been cut off until now. This calamity ends the month of September on a terrifying note, sadly. While the precise date of this event has no numerology of the sort, it could be that the surrounding dates of 9/23, 9/25, 9/27 and 9/29 raised the risk for something this severe to happen during Late September. The event struck 6 hours before the 29th local time. Both Sept 27 and Sept 29 of this year were extremely potent '11' dates, the 28th was basically sandwiched in the middle...practically the whole time between the second half of September 22 and the first half of September 30th were affected by high-end dates of this numerology and it could be true that the risks of the worst dates can spill over into the latter part of the previous date or the early part of the following date, I've seen this happen many times before and this latest event showcases the importance of the 12 hour margins of error before and after the 11:25 phenomenon. This month was riddled with so many risky dates, it is no wonder that we witnessed several major natural catastrophes this month, and even a repeat happening of late September 2009 which had the same Numerology as this year's September and also had a killer duo of quakes and tsunami in Samoa and Indonesia again.

October 2018 could see a significant calmdown, especially during the 1st half. The only significant dates of this numerology in October 2018 are 10/1, 10/10, 10/19, and 10/28...so the periods to keep in mind would be Oct 1-2, Oct 9-11, Oct 18-20 and Oct 27-29. All of these dates are of medium strength, so at least not as insane as September.

There are a few other dates in Late October (Oct 24-25 being big ones) that could feature risk for earthquakes and other disasters, but based on Chinese 4-Pillar Astrology, a whole other matter entirely...but overall there is still hope that October will be quieter. November however, could pick up where September left off. Will post new charts for both of these months' numerology of dates in a few days.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FireRat For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (1st October 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Hi guys, here's the charts I made for Late September through November, highlighting what's happened in September and which dates are worth watching from now through Nov 30th according to this numerology phenomenon. It will be interesting to see how things unfold over the next several weeks, hope you find these useful:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FireRat For This Post:

Valerie Villars (7th October 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

UPDATE...Dec 9, 2018...The months of October and November in Review,
    and a Look at Dec 2018 - Jan 2019:

Below you will find charts for the past 2 months and how they turned out, regarding the most notable natural events and disasters and their timing. This is not a complete list, but the main highlights of the months mentioned. Other significant events, including floods in Saudi Arabia and Italy occurred during October and November.
    After those charts, you will see the ones for December and January. Hope you find these useful in some way, the 11:25 phenomenon is quite fascinating to track!

Now into the near future:
    December 2018 & January 2019...

Time will tell how these dates may come into play with future natural events. There is good news in that, at least, the coming 6-7 weeks look generally calmer than this past November did.
    Do however, keep a watchful eye around Dec 11...that date could be very significant. To a slightly lesser degree, the same goes for the days of and around Dec 22, Dec 29, Jan 19, Jan 25 & Jan 28.

12. Link to Post #27
    Spain Deactivated
    Canary Islands overlooking a beach with forest covered mountains behind.
    Thanks

Allow me to play Devil's Advocate here!

Firstly, given that you allow ten ways to add up the numbers it's hardly surprising you get a lot of the desired number.

Secondly, given that the date, the month and the year are man made creations dependent on the particular calendar we are currently using, why would our dates mean anything?

Thirdly, most people don't understand that to be truly random, any sequence of numbers MUST contain some groups and patterns.

So, this devil says it's just creating the patterns you want to see in pure randomness (see number 3 above).

13. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Hello 5th,
    Your name tells me you probably have an interest in numbers. I do as well, as you can tell. You have valid points, I appreciate seeing some sort of feedback here, it shows someone is reading this and that my time is likely not being spent in vain.
    Have you ever been in a situation where you knew you might be finding something and want to share it with others for the sake of mankind and awareness? I feel this is it for me, and I bet there are others who also have noticed something significant about these numbers and either keep it to themselves or post elsewhere. I say this because of Numerology, it is what is done here, done in the way that it is taught in books and many sites regarding this.

About the calendar dates and how the month, day and year are man-made creations...true indeed. Many interpretations can be found about what the numbers on our calendar mean, from spiritual to mathematical. Numerology can take a spiritual or esoteric path, assigning different qualities and energies to certain numbers and how they affect, once again, our calendar dates. What does our calendar and our dates mean anyway?...well it is a way to track time in a cyclical way...and this brings us to my true viewpoint on the matter:
    There seems to be a cyclical occurrence of extreme natural disasters, a pretty complex cycle too!

Our calendar dates only help uncover this "hidden" cycle pattern. If we were to use other calendar systems, the numbers would all be different for the same dates, the same moments in time. With the Gregorian calendar (the most widely used in the world) the numbers are 11/25, and 8/9 to a lesser degree...with other calendars we simply would find the same reoccurring pattern involving other numbers for the same exact dates...example: In Gregorian the dates may have a thing with 11/25, but in the Hebrew calendar it could be something like 5/19 or 13/22...but all this merely helps expose a hidden cycle that exists on our Earth (this is my own belief, btw). The calendar dates and numbers don't cause these events...they simply reveal a possible cycle of destruction and nature's fury, by being there on many occasions when these things happen. Many other sites speak of the number 26 and natural disasters, which is simply others seeing patterns about disaster dates, which is actually way deeper than that (The 11:25 phenomenon is the biggest, followed by a second 8:9 phenomenon...26 is an '8' in Numerology)

10 ways to see the numbers, but with huge differences between the ways. To simplify, and still keep roughly 80% relevancy, we can just look at the first TWO ways of finding a date's numbers (mm+dd+yyyy and mm+dd+yy, the 2nd and 3rd columns). Most major events that happened within this number phenomenon had the 'PERFECT' presence of 25 or 11 (11...or any number that 'reduces' to 11, like 29, 38, 47, etc.) in one or both of the left-most numerology columns on the charts (2nd and 3rd columns). By Perfect, I mean the number was found through exact Numerology sums, following the rules of Numerology to the T. (This is why some dates have the 11 or 25 in BOLD Red and Blue colors, while most others have the 11 or 25 after a slash '/', like 16/25 in which the true numerology number is 16 instead of 25)
    The bold 11 with its parent number in parenthesis i.e. 11(38) or 11(29) or simply an 11 are the most significant Elevens and presences of this number. The bold 25 denotes the sum was exactly 25, and this is the most significant 25 presence.

I know it's quite complicated, sorry for the confusion all this may cause, I make these charts myself showing all the ways numbers can be found. However, there are different colors belonging to each 'way', and the Magenta and Red colors belong to the two most important ways. Once the big picture is seen on the chart (all the date's numbers, 10 of them), we can see whether the presence of 11:25 exists and if it exists in the most important columns (mm+dd+yyyy, mm+dd+yy, and mm+dd, dd Day number, and dd+yyyy to a slightly lesser degree).

In December 2018 and January 2019's charts you see the month's dates on the farthest left column (1st column), followed by all the numerology columns in order of MOST Significant to LEAST Significant (according to Numerology). You do see the numbers 11 and 25 in many places, true point there, but upon closer look day by day, the numbers appear in the more important columns on just a few dates...this sheds light on another aspect of my charts...
    You can see that most dates (the actual date slots, on the 1st column) are colored in either blue, green, yellow or red...that's just my way of showing varying significance of 11:25 presence in each date...to make things simple, you can IGNORE the dates in blank, blue or green. They are all days which have little connection to 11 and 25, because of the way the numbers were found. The yellow dates have a stronger connection to 11:25, and as you might imagine, red dates are the most significant. The dates I warn about are only the yellow and red ones, green ones I sometimes mention as an experiment, but in reality it is the YELLOW and RED dates which are worth watching...in DEC 2018 and JAN 2019, it is just a few dates to watch:
    Dec 11 - Red, Dec 22 - Yellow, Dec 29 - Yellow, Jan 19 - Yellow, Jan 25 - Yellow, Jan 28 - Yellow.
    (also watch up to 12 hours before and after each of these dates because time zone differences could mean events happen right before or after these dates)

Of course, this isn't a perfect method by any means, I don't think anything is in this life, but these numbers are definitely worth watching for IMO. The dates which have a strong Numerology presence of 11 and/or 25 seem to have an increase in natural events or disasters, such as large earthquakes or severe storms. But who really knows, this may all be random like you say. The designs of this world and universe are too complex for us humans to fully grasp and understand, let alone predict to perfect accuracy.
    Last edited by FireRat; 11th December 2018 at 07:50.

14. Link to Post #29
    Spain Deactivated
    Canary Islands overlooking a beach with forest covered mountains behind.
    Thanks

Wow, so you do it all yourself - congratulations!

I think one problem is that's it's just to much data to process for the average person. I'm sure there may be more patterns in there somewhere but I'm too lazy to try and find them. For example, if red dates are high risk is there any cycle to those (or red + yellow)? It's much easier to believe that cycles exist in nature rather than pure numbers (which may reflect the natural cycles).

A quick thought would suggest that since the year advances by one every year then the day would have to decrease by one to give the same number. So immediately we have a cycle of one year minus a day which doesn't seem meaningful at all. For subsequent months it will be a day later earlier month since the month increases by one meaning that the day has to decrease by one and yet your red column above shows it happens a day later each month. So I'm lost!

Is it the collective unconscious of humanity creating events to fit numerology? There must be some explanation.

15. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Thank you 5th! This is something I've been researching on my own time for several years now. I know it's a ton of data, and omitting the columns towards the right would simplify things a lot and still retain like 80% accuracy/relevance.

Numerology is a very interesting, mysterious and ancient practice that has been around for thousands of years. It is a mystery as to why it was created so long ago, it might be that humanity tried to find meanings to numbers and how they relate to happenings around our world. I simply take the principles of Numerology and apply them to analyze dates which had major natural disasters to see what comes up. It sure is a random mix of numbers, but the columns on the left are those of the most important numerology calculations, and it becomes apparent that the numbers 11 and 25 come up a lot. Also other numbers come up often, but to a lower degree...these numbers are 8 and 9 and all their numerology multiples (8, 17, 26, 35, etc.) and (9, 18, 27, 36, etc.), the numbers 1, 10, 19, and 28 also come up a bit more than what could be considered usual. Numerology deals a lot with the cycle of 9's....so 9 years, 9 months, 9 days could be one gear within the greater cycle.

The charts above may lose you because we went from December (the month 12) to January (the month 1) next year. Every month we will see a break in the day-day pattern because the day 30 or 31 transitions into the day 1 of the next month. This is one of the funny things about Numerology applied to our calendars, but then again each month seems to have its own weather and earth-changes patterns too. I do this as an experiment, and felt like sharing this in this community.

I will try to simplify a little with the following two charts, which are just a small sampling of major natural event/disaster dates from many years ago up to 2017. The first chart is just like the December 2018 and January 2019 charts above, but shows the numerology for these historic events instead...after this you will see the same chart but with the 5 less important numerology columns omitted. The pattern is not perfect as you can see, but a great number of these dates had the 11:25 phenomenon present.

You might wonder what the 'NM' next to some of the numbers above mean, that's just an acronym for "No Master" in which the sums for that date don't take into account the "master number" (a topic from Numerology, which holds higher regard for rep-digits like 11, 22, and 33). When a master number exists within the date's sum process, that number is usually added whole...example: May 22, 1960, the date of the world's largest earthquake: 5+22+1+9+6+0 = 43 is the way the sum is formally done because of the 'master number' 22. It can also be done digit-by-digit, ignoring the master number (some Numerologers actually prefer to not add master numbers whole in certain situations like these). If done digit-by-digit like all other properly done numerology sums, the result is: 5+2+2+1+9+6+0 = 25.

The other acronym seen, the 'ns' stands for "Non-Standard", meaning that the sum was not done in the formal, or Standard way. Standard sums, simply are digit-by-digit sums like the ones taught in Numerology's principles, and this also includes the summing of master numbers the formal way within the calculations.
    Examples: Nov 8, 2013 = 11+8+2+0+1+3 = 25 in mmddyyyy format. March 11, 2011 = 3+11+11 = 25 in mmddyy format and 3+11+2+0+11 = 27 in mmddyyyy format. May 8, 1902 = 5+8+1+9+0+2 = 25 in mmddyyyy format.

Also, one of the dates above, 12/25/2004, is in italics because the event really happened 7 hours later on 12/26/2004, but was still very close to the date which had medium risk. Roughly, red/high risk dates have about 20% chance for an event...and yellow/medium risk days have about 10% chance for an event. Green dates drop to something like 2%.

Hope this clears up some, feel free to ask more!
    Last edited by FireRat; 12th December 2018 at 22:10.

16. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 times in 285 posts

Very few replies to this fascinating Thhread, does not mean, Firerat, that you're 'talking to the wind', far from it !

Oftimes, I'm here and only log-in, sometimes to reply, sometimes just to thank a post...

Your work is so valuable, your dedication admirable...

And your work here has got me thinking, I wouldn't be surprised, if it just happens so,that the same is predictive of many other events, I'm thinking, in these exciting times, of ' The Financial City ', ' The Square Mile ', as being an imminent 'Dis-astar', but not for the ''Common - Man ', but the Banksters ! !

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frenchy For This Post:

Bruno (13th December 2018), FireRat (14th December 2018)

18. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Thank you so much Frenchy!
    very nice to meet you! Your post means a lot to me, it's great to know this thread is being read and is valuable to others. I really appreciate your comment and am glad you find this thread fascinating. Numerology is amazing!
    It would be very interesting indeed to see if these number patterns also coincide with other events, like what you mentioned about a possible financial disaster involving the banksters.

19. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Here's February 2019's chart in case anyone was wondering. Looks like only one date fits the 11:25 Phenomenon this month, but it is a very strong one. Watch Feb 10-12 closely for possible large quakes, extreme storms or other big natural events. The dates in green are low-end dates but might be watched as well just in case. February 11 and the 12 hours before it and after it are the only real game in town this month according to this Numerology it seems.

*On a side note however, Late February (2/24 - 2/25) could also be very eventful, but due to other factors outside the 11:25 phenomenon. Feb 25, 2019 has a very dangerous Chinese Astrology setup.
    Last edited by FireRat; 3rd February 2019 at 11:14.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to FireRat For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (3rd April 2019)

21. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Update...Here's my March 2019 numerology chart for those wondering:

February 2019 fortunately turned out rather calm in overall world natural events, could March be similar? Looks like this month has a few more '1125' dates than last month, but in the yellow-orange medium category... so maybe yes. According to the phenomenon, there's a medium chance for an event of significance to take place between 3/18 and 3/29, with March 19, March 25 and March 28 taking the cake...

However, There are only few days with this numerology in March 2019, much less than many months past, so the overall odds favor a calm to near average month for natural disasters in number and severity based on this numerology alone. Lets keep a wary eye around these dates just in case.
    Last edited by FireRat; 4th March 2019 at 09:07.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to FireRat For This Post:

23. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Talking Re: The Eleven Twenty-Five (11:25) Phenomenon and Major Natural Disaster Dates

Update...Killer tornado outbreak strikes the southern US on 3/3/19.
    23 people lost their lives in Alabama and much destruction was also caused by this event. I felt the need to report on this thread, one of many news stories is below in the link.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us...rm-destruction

With regard to the numerology phenomenon spoken of in this thread, March 3 didn't have much of what is looked for to classify as a big risk day, so there's definitely more to this world than meets the eye and much still left to learn. These storms were exceptionally fast-moving and very violent.
    The only thing was that 3/3/19 adds to 25 if the '19' was added whole.
    3+3+19 = 25. this was the only number though, no second 25 or 11 to complete the presence threshold of the numbers at least as far as I've known...but maybe the sum of month/day/year is significant enough?
    Other peculiarities of this date, outside these numbers, is that it was the month 3, day 3 in a '3' year that 2019 is.

Myself and others can sit here and wonder and try to find meaning about all of this, but in the end God/ the force has the ultimate say in when things happen.
    I hope the communities struck by yesterday's tornadoes can recover and heal quickly. Prayers sent!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to FireRat For This Post:

25. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Here's an update for April 2019, looks like things could be busy this month. March was chaotic enough, especially overseas in Africa. April could bring a higher quantity of events worldwide, here's the numerology chart for this month, highlighting the Eleven Twenty-five phenomenon existing in all its different forms this time around. BTW the 'ns' next to some of the sums denote 'Non-Standard' numerology sums were used to find the 11's and 25's. This could end up being a somewhat rickety month. Lets see how Earth behaves this month, the experiment continues...

Last edited by FireRat; 3rd April 2019 at 08:25.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to FireRat For This Post:

27. Link to Post #37
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by FireRat (here)
    Here's an update for April 2019, looks like things could be busy this month.
    I wish I could be as much dedicated as you are...

What do you think is behind the strange coincidence involving the numbers 11 and 25?

What if numerology also sheds some light on this numerical mystery that accompanies natural disasters, which are violent events. You know, violence sometimes breaks out during strong disagreements. For example, one person likes number 11, another person number 25, but since there is only space available for one number, it could come to blows. To prevent such violent disagreement, we should reach compromise by simply choosing an average instead. In case of 11 and 25, the average is (11+25)/2=18.

So if you find 18 sitting between 11 and 25, the better chances are that 18 wasn't chosen randomly, because it is the average of 11 and 25.

That's neat, but what is 18; what it could possibly stand for?

Well, if 18=3x2x3, then the answer involves three words made of 3, 2, and 3 letters respectively, and I found the answer to "??? ?? ???" in Wikipedia.

28. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 times in 285 posts

Editted :-
    Quote Posted by pluton (here)

I wish I could be as much dedicated as you are...

What do you think is behind the strange coincidence involving the numbers 11 and 25?

What if numerology also sheds some light on this numerical mystery that accompanies natural disasters, which are violent events. You know, violence sometimes breaks out during strong disagreements.
    I just love it when someone opens up new perspectives, thanks Pluton :-)

Just this week, I've read new suggestions regarding the 'Moon'. That it is simply a 'control system, sitting some ***** miles above us. [ put the astericks, so not to 'rock-the-boat '! ! ]

Plutons contribution opened-up my thought to perhaps all this business about ' planting-by-a-certain - Lunar Phase ', or people becoming 'affected ', at full Moon, or ' Women's cycles as a result of the Moons influence ', and so on...

Might in effect be not ' Cosmic influence ', but direct manipulation from the control base there within ? If this be so, then turning around the tables, Firerat, it might be conceivable that it is the Moon, which is activating all [ most ] of those collected synchronicities you've studiously uncovered over the years ?

Combine this with other great work, including Crow 777 { not checked now, if I've the name correct ] , he's the one captured the ' Moon Wave ' visual distortion.

I've always thought conversly about the Moon theories, but only since 2013 did I suspect the Moon, is intentionally sending ' bad-vibes ',Bio-rythyms, T.I. - related *hit, and lots more....

If 'Special Advanced Forces ', could do it prior to Operation Freedom [?]
    ( 2nd Iraqi invasion ), then surely our ' Watchers 'can too...
    Last edited by Frenchy; 3rd April 2019 at 18:12.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Frenchy For This Post:

FireRat (9th April 2019)

30. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Hi Pluton, thanks for your thoughts, it is a very interesting take indeed!
    I'm going to keep an eye on the number 18 to see how it appears alongside the 11s and 25s, maybe there is a good relation with this number and 11, 25. Interestingly, the combined number '1125' and the number 18 have similar numerology (1+1+2+5 = 9, and 1+8 = 9, also...11+2+5 = 18!)

It is also interesting that 'act of God' relates to this 18. As to my thoughts on what may be behind the strange coincidences involving 11 and 25...I think there's a hidden pattern of happenings in nature that strikes often when these numbers come up in Numerology. The numbers themselves might not be causing the events, but they do appear during disastrous times in numerology involving our Gregorian calendar's dates....but then again, maybe there could be some deeper meaning to why 11 and 25. Both of these numbers are very powerful in Numerology, and strongly tied to the spiritual side of things. 'Act of God' might fit in well here too!...disasters by force can make people become more spiritual in nature, after realizing what is most important in life following loss and devastation.

Hey Frenchy, thanks for your thoughts too!!
    The moon really is a mysterious force, I'm going to keep this info in mind as well, who knows, maybe there's a link here as well to the events. It will be interesting to see if the moon exhibits any strange phenomena during the 11/25'ed dates, or more common occurrences like Supermoon or even full/new moon cycles. There are theories that the moon's gravitational influence can trigger earthquakes, and not just the tides. So much to ponder on!
    Last edited by FireRat; 10th April 2019 at 07:10.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to FireRat For This Post:

pluton (10th April 2019)

32. Link to Post #40
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 5th (here)
    Is it the collective unconscious of humanity creating events to fit numerology? There must be some explanation.
    It's the other way around - folks like to adjust methods (like numerology) to fit events.

Consider an example where a person wants to support a theory that predicts incidence of number 6. So the person scans the environment where single-digit numbers exist, but there is no number 6 to be seen. But then, in the last available space, there are two numbers instead of one, and the numbers are 2 and 3. Isn't it odd that instead of one number expected, there are actually two numbers? Why is it so?

That person would very likely come to the conclusion, that the sought after number 6 doesn't exist in its single-digit form, but does as a product 2x3, and so the theory is good.

However, the opponents to the theory, if they are any, would point toward a natural option: Here is 2 and here is 3. That means we see number 2 AND number 3. The conjunction AND has a symbolic synonym in +(PLUS), so the option 2+3=5 just cannot be conveniently taken out of consideration by the person who has been looking for number 6.

You can add a follow up where a third party notices that the number 3 appears to be smaller than the number 2. Shouldn't it be the other way, because 2<3?

See, there was no aparent indication how to interpret both numbers 2 and 3, so the result would be a single-digit number; that is, either 5 or 6.

a) 2 + 3
    b) 2 x 3

But the fact that the number 3 appears to be smaller than 2 leads to the third option:

c) 23 = 8 (2 to the power of 3 is 8)

To conclude this, we tend to manipulate data the way it would benefit our intention to forward our ideas. That's kind of natural - the world like winners not losers.
    Last edited by pluton; 10th April 2019 at 17:50.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 7 LastLast