Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 9

Thread: Gratitude

1. Link to Post #161
    Argentina Avalon Member Hazelfern's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,496 times in 348 posts

Default Re: Gratitude

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Forgive me for this very trivial contribution, but it's quite real.

Last week I set off for a mountain hike with my dog Mara, but we were stymied by a huge heavy-rain washout in the dirt road leading to the trailhead. I was super-disappointed, because I had a goal in mind, but I either had to head home again, two hours away, or find an alternative.

I settled on another trail that I had no idea about, and had always driven past. I was feeling disgruntled about the entire thing. But Mara was SO happy to get out of the vehicle and gallop off down the trail, exploring every new thing that she found. It was inspiring. She was REALLY grateful to be out there in the wilderness. She didn't care where it was. (Dogs don't have goals!)

I really learned from that, consciously, at the time. I paid attention to it all... how she was feeling, and how I was, burdened by the load of being human. And the epilogue? We BOTH had a very wonderful day.

Nothing you relate to us is trivial. You are an inspiration. I admire your get up and go. And after all....

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hazelfern For This Post:

Anka (1st November 2020), Bill Ryan (1st November 2020), Forest Denizen (1st November 2020), Michelle Marie (15th April 2018), onevoice (15th April 2018), Stephanie (19th April 2018), Valerie Villars (30th April 2018), Victoria (11th February 2021)

3. Link to Post #162
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

It's nice to open up to other's perspectives. Being in Mara 's essence of playful happiness sounds like an uplifting and fun experience. I appreciate hearing about it.

I am grateful for my family, and I'm still feeling the energy of my trip as I review photos and create music videos to share with them. I sent some cards today expressing my appreciation to let them know how much I love and value them.

I am grateful that I got a nice walk in today. I'm grateful for the fresh air and exercise.

I'm grateful for the food I'm eating right now--a salad and sandwich. I know I'll be fasting by the end of the month, and so I really appreciate "eating days"!

I'm really grateful for everything I have: home, hot water, ability to cook, electricity, cold water (any water!), cozy clothes and blankets. My appreciation has increased because I went through some hard times and it is now impossible to take things for granted. I am even grateful for the difficulties because they made me more appreciative.

Last year I lost my little girl kitty. It broke my heart. I appreciate all the time I had with her, and also the empathy I feel for Onevoice, because otherwise I would not have known how that really feels. I am grateful for my feelings because, to me, it really puts me in touch with Real Reality.

I am grateful for being able to share my feelings and thoughts here on this forum, and especially to focus on gratitude on this thread. What a great focus!

Lots of love to all,

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Anka (1st November 2020), Bill Ryan (1st November 2020), Caliban (15th April 2018), Flash (29th April 2018), Forest Denizen (1st November 2020), Hazelfern (19th April 2018), onevoice (16th April 2018), Stephanie (19th April 2018), Victoria (11th February 2021)

5. Link to Post #163
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

I am grateful for the co-founder of Longevitology to teach the beginner and the intermediate class sessions of Longevitology in this area. Longevitology is a system healing similar to Reiki Healing, where healing energy is transmitted to a patient through specific placement of hands on certain Chakra and the other locations on the body.

I am grateful that my wife's best friend was able to fly up and volunteer to assist in the Longevitology sessions.

I am grateful that my wife's best friend will be able to spend the week with us and more friends will be joining us at the end of the week.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Anka (1st November 2020), Bill Ryan (1st November 2020), Flash (29th April 2018), Forest Denizen (1st November 2020), Michelle Marie (19th April 2018), Stephanie (19th April 2018), Victoria (11th February 2021)

7. Link to Post #164
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

I'm grateful for my friend who loves to help people and who asked me to join her to assist a girl in need.

I'm grateful that after our visit the girl felt much better. She had been through a lot and had suffered greatly. She was losing her will to live. Today, after our session with her, she seemed happy and encouraged and ready to move forward.

I'm grateful that we are getting rain. We need it.

I'm grateful for the support of my son in converting files so I can make videos

I'm grateful for the positive, uplifting conversations here on PA and the warm feeling of friendship.

I'm grateful for this thread and Freedom Train for helping me to focus on gratitude.

Being thankful for everything really transforms outcomes. It's miraculous!

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Anka (1st November 2020), Bill Ryan (1st November 2020), Flash (29th April 2018), Forest Denizen (1st November 2020), Hym (1st November 2020), onevoice (29th April 2018), Stephanie (1st May 2018), Victoria (11th February 2021)

9. Link to Post #165
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

I am grateful for the musicians who create beautiful music. It helped and does help me not only keep my sanity, but reminds me of the beauty of life.
    Last edited by Valerie Villars; 30th April 2018 at 21:32. Reason: too much wine and too much song
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Anka (1st November 2020), Bill Ryan (1st November 2020), Forest Denizen (1st November 2020), Harmony (3rd November 2020), Hym (1st November 2020), Michelle Marie (30th April 2018), onevoice (30th April 2018), Stephanie (1st May 2018), Victoria (11th February 2021)

11. Link to Post #166
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,442 times in 1,007 posts

I am grateful for this thread.

I am grateful for my new friends and the people around me.
    I am grateful that I can share my unconditional love.
    I am grateful for our spiritual freedom.
    I am grateful for Nature, grass and starry sky, rain, sunlight, crystal clear and fresh water.
    I am grateful for the health of our children.
    I am grateful for music, flowers, sweets and coffee.
    I am grateful that I can feed two cats.
    I am grateful to have discovered what I want to do in life;
    I can blow in the candles on the cake and I have the freedom to make any wish I want.
    I am grateful that I can receive when I want a glass of red wine, a pleasant conversation and a sincere hug.

I am grateful to all those who continue to express their gratitude!
    And all this to be just human.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st November 2020), Brigantia (3rd November 2020), ClearWater (1st November 2020), Forest Denizen (1st November 2020), Harmony (3rd November 2020), Hym (1st November 2020), Victoria (11th February 2021), Wind (1st November 2020), Zirconian (2nd November 2020)

13. Link to Post #167
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,889 times in 325 posts

I am truly grateful for laughter. To hear it and to be part of it.

Name:  laughter.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  14.9 KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	happy-little-child-baby-girl-laughing-playing-autumn-nature-walk-outdoors-44999183.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	44938

Name:  index.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  16.9 KB

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zirconian For This Post:

Anka (3rd November 2020), Bill Ryan (3rd November 2020), Brigantia (3rd November 2020), Harmony (3rd November 2020), Hym (2nd July 2021), Victoria (11th February 2021), Wind (3rd November 2020)

15. Link to Post #168
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,889 times in 325 posts

.............and I'm grateful for all your posts dear Anka.

Name:  thank you.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  9.6 KB

Name:  Totoro.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  10.8 KB

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zirconian For This Post:

Anka (3rd November 2020), Bill Ryan (3rd November 2020), Brigantia (3rd November 2020), Harmony (3rd November 2020), Hym (2nd July 2021), Victoria (11th February 2021), Wind (3rd November 2020)

17. Link to Post #169
    UK Avalon Member Guru Know It All.'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I am grateful for the Attitude of Gratitude.
    Always Us Living Love.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guru Know It All. For This Post:

Anka (2nd July 2021), Hym (2nd July 2021)

19. Link to Post #170
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

I am grateful for you!

I am grateful for this world that has taught me to never believe anything anyone who claims authority ever says.

It has allowed me the space to learn how to think and how to reach my own decisions.

Unfortunately, having to rely solely on myself has led to many wrong conclusions and incorrect courses of action.

But there is always you. Just when I need a friend, there you are again!

You

Totter through the tall grass
    Barefoot
    Without a care
    It's like walking on air!
    But if I should fall down
    Stub my toe
    Skin my knee
    And there you'll be.

Soon I'm riding my bike
    Carefree
    Gliding on air
    The wind whipping my hair.

Time flies
    Wait a minute
    Just when I need a friend
    There you are again.

You.

Traffic jam makes me late
    Stressed out
    Tired and owed
    Less than I can afford.
    Still I must pay my bills
    Feed the kids
    Buy some gas
    And parking pass.

Then the kids are all grown
    Freedom
    Silence as sold
    Soon gets wistful and old.

You are Life's true purpose
    There you are again.

You.

As I go through the years
    Faster
    Scenes start to blur
    My emotions astir.
    I find love then it's gone
    Things go right
    Then go wrong
    And life goes on.

Now I relive those times
    Wistful
    Different place
    Same life with a new face.

You are life's one constant
    There you are again.

You.

Everywhere that I go
    There you always are.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Anka (2nd July 2021), ClearWater (2nd July 2021), Hym (2nd July 2021), onevoice (2nd July 2021), pueblo (2nd July 2021), Tintin (2nd July 2021), Wind (2nd July 2021), wondering (2nd July 2021)

21. Link to Post #171
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,030 times in 910 posts

And You, Ernie......
    That Is Beautiful ! ! !

Ehk Ong Kaar Suht-ih Goor Pruhshaad,
    In This One Creation, Truth Is The Blessing,

Sut-ih Goor Pruhshaad Ehk Ong Kaar.......
    Truth Is The Blessing In This One Creation......

And most of it comes from Friends....

Pruhshaad Is This Sweetness....
    It's presence is everywhere we see the Blessings.....
    Last edited by Hym; 2nd July 2021 at 15:32.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Anka (2nd July 2021), pueblo (2nd July 2021)

23. Link to Post #172
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

You are the universe,
    I am its muse...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Anka (2nd July 2021), Hym (3rd July 2021), pueblo (2nd July 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 9