Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 9 LastLast

Thread: Gratitude

1. Link to Post #21
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Default Re: Gratitude

Quote Posted by Ron Mauer Sr (here)
    knowing that we all are extensions of Source energy on Prime Creator's eternal journey of creation and self discovery,
    knowing that the power that creates worlds flows through us.
    With so many things to be grateful for, I love that you chose to include this! Thank you Ron!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Flash (28th February 2018), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), Stephanie (28th February 2018), Vernaianawa (28th February 2018), wondering (28th February 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks

I love to see so many people expressing their gratitude. The fun thing about this, as I said before, is that the more you express it, the more there is to be had! I would like to continue expressing my gratitudes each day in this way.

Because we can always find new and interesting things to be grateful for, we don't have to succumb to the pressure to make the definitive list and be done with it.

Neither do we need to view the expression of gratitude as a chore.

I welcome anyone who feels so inclined to continue expressing their gratitudes here!

And I thank you for reflecting and playing and reveling in gratitude with me, and with the PA community!

Today, I am grateful that I had the time after work to work on a project that I hope to soon share with the PA community, and which I hope will help people.

I am grateful that I had enough energy to cook dinner for my daughter and brother, and that they both enjoyed it.

I am grateful that I came to a realization today that I choose to move in an entirely new mental direction, one of stepping into the unknown. I hope to soon share more on this in a separate post.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Flash (28th February 2018), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), Mike (28th February 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), Stephanie (28th February 2018), Vernaianawa (28th February 2018), wondering (28th February 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,208 times in 5,679 posts

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I'm grateful for my job.

It's a crappy job, but I'm grateful for my boss, Theresa, who is very laid back and cool.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Caliban (28th February 2018), Flash (28th February 2018), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), Ol' Roy (28th February 2018), onevoice (28th February 2018), Stephanie (28th February 2018), The Freedom Train (28th February 2018), Vernaianawa (28th February 2018), wondering (28th February 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I'm grateful for my job.

It's a crappy job, but I'm grateful for my boss, Theresa, who is very laid back and cool.
    I am so grateful that you expressed this Mike! I was feeling grumpy about my work today - my boss is a difficult person to deal with. But this job came through after months of searching and being minimally employed, and the hours and flexibility are good, and very important to me, so yes, I too must say: I AM GRATEFUL FOR MY JOB!

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Baby Steps (28th February 2018), Flash (28th February 2018), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), Mike (1st March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), onevoice (28th February 2018), Stephanie (28th February 2018), Vernaianawa (28th February 2018), wondering (28th February 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

I'm grateful for the walk I took around town today.

I'm grateful that the sun was shining and the temperature was great for a long walk.

I'm grateful for the food I bought at the grocery store on the way home.

I'm grateful for the money I had to be able to buy the food. $$$

I'm grateful that my local store manager decided to add thousands of organic food items to their inventory.

I'm grateful for having a great book shop where I can just stop in to say "hi!" Any time.

I'm grateful for the homeless person I saw (and met and talked with at length previously) that makes me feel even more grateful for what I have.

I'm grateful that this homeless friend always seems happy and enjoys this area.

I'm grateful for living in a peaceful home.

I'm grateful for knowing that when I feel grateful for unexpected events or circumstances the correct choices and blessings will flow. (Because I had one today.)

I'm grateful for my friend that called and for her love.

I'm grateful that when I start counting my blessings that I never run out of things to be grateful for.

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Flash (28th February 2018), Mike (1st March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), onevoice (28th February 2018), Stephanie (28th February 2018), The Freedom Train (28th February 2018), Vernaianawa (28th February 2018), Wind (1st March 2018), wondering (28th February 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    I'm grateful for knowing that when I feel grateful for unexpected events or circumstances the correct choices and blessings will flow. (Because I had one today.)

I'm grateful for my friend that called and for her love.

I'm grateful that when I start counting my blessings that I never run out of things to be grateful for.

MM
    SO GRATEFUL FOR THIS!!! Thank you Michelle Marie

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Flash (28th February 2018), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), Mike (1st March 2018), Stephanie (28th February 2018), Vernaianawa (28th February 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,948 times in 536 posts

I am grateful for who I am foibles and all, and being grateful for that, if that makes sense.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Post:

Flash (28th February 2018), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), Mike (1st March 2018), Stephanie (28th February 2018), Vernaianawa (28th February 2018), wondering (28th February 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    Moderator/Guide

Thanks
    Thanked 7,472 times in 783 posts

I am grateful to you, Freedom Train, for starting this wonderful, uplifting thread,
    and for all you loving souls for sharing.

“Today I choose to live with gratitude for the love that fills my heart, the peace that rests within my spirit, and the voice of hope that says all things are possible.” Anonymous
    Last edited by Stephanie; 28th February 2018 at 03:26.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Post:

Anka (1st November 2020), Flash (28th February 2018), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), Mike (1st March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), Ron Mauer Sr (28th February 2018), The Freedom Train (1st March 2018), Vernaianawa (28th February 2018), wondering (28th February 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

As it happens sometimes, I was sitting in my living room and heard outside on the front sidewalk the crispy sound of snow mixed with ice from someone walking. That made me so happy.. these steps made the sound my daughter's steps makes when she gets home. Then the old house door banged, she took off her boots, said hi and went upstairs. It truly makes my day. So simple.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Earth Angel (28th April 2018), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), Mike (1st March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), onevoice (28th February 2018), Ron Mauer Sr (28th February 2018), Stephanie (28th February 2018), The Freedom Train (1st March 2018), Vernaianawa (28th February 2018), wondering (28th February 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    New Zealand Unsubscribed Vernaianawa's Avatar
    Thanks

I am grateful for the love around me.

20. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Forgive me if I am repeating some of the things said in the thread... I'll just write what comes into my mind.

Thank you for this thread.

I am grateful to my dog because he shows me how to love unconditionally simply just with his being.

I am thankful for being able to communicate with the whole world thanks to technology.

I am thankful for the warm house where I am able to live without freezing (mostly).

I am thankful for the warm meals I get to eat and the fresh water I get to drink.

I am thankful for the air I get to breathe with my lungs and I am thankful for the sunshine which brightens my day and my soul.

I am thankful for my family, friends and thankful for the love I experience.

I am thankful for that God has allowed me to experience suffering, illness and sadness in my life so I can truly appreciate the true beauty of life and empathize more better with beings who are going through suffering too.

Thank you. Thank you God.
    Last edited by Wind; 28th February 2018 at 15:19.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Anka (1st November 2020), Michelle Marie (28th February 2018), Mike (1st March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), Omi (28th February 2018), onevoice (28th February 2018), Rich (1st March 2018), Ron Mauer Sr (28th February 2018), Stephanie (28th February 2018), The Freedom Train (1st March 2018), Vernaianawa (1st March 2018)

22. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sstarss (here)
    I am grateful to you, Freedom Train, for starting this wonderful, uplifting thread,
    and for all you loving souls for sharing.

“Today I choose to live with gratitude for the love that fills my heart, the peace that rests within my spirit, and the voice of hope that says all things are possible.” Anonymous
    And I am grateful for your loving presence and your friendship! Thank you Sstarss!!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    As it happens sometimes, I was sitting in my living room and heard outside on the front sidewalk the crispy sound of snow mixed with ice from someone walking. That made me so happy.. these steps made the sound my daughter's steps makes when she gets home. Then the old house door banged, she took off her boots, said hi and went upstairs. It truly makes my day. So simple.
    The love between a mother and daughter is such a special bond! I can relate! The love I feel for my daughter is next level!! I loved reading this, it was both poetic and powerful! Thank you Flash

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Vernaianawa (here)
    I am grateful for the love around me.
    Thank you Vernaianawa! I am grateful for your expression of gratitude!

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Michelle Marie (2nd March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), Stephanie (1st March 2018), Vernaianawa (1st March 2018), Wind (1st March 2018)

24. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    Forgive me if I am repeating some of the things said in the thread... I'll just write what comes into my mind.

Thank you for this thread.

I am grateful to my dog because he shows me how to love unconditionally simply just with his being.

I am thankful for being able to communicate with the whole world thanks to technology.

I am thankful for the warm house where I am able to live without freezing (mostly).

I am thankful for the warm meals I get to eat and the fresh water I get to drink.

I am thankful for the air I get to breathe with my lungs and I am thankful for the sunshine which brightens my day and my soul.

I am thankful for my family, friends and thankful for the love I experience.

I am thankful for that God has allowed me to experience suffering, illness and sadness in my life so I can truly appreciate the true beauty of life and empathize more better with beings who are going through suffering too.

Thank you. Thank you God.
    I am grateful to you for your post Wind!

And there is no need to worry about repeating anything - this isn't a contest or even a running list that will one day be exhausted of options. The gratitude exponentially builds and grows, and there is always more to be grateful for! Each person's contribution is equally valid and appreciated!

I hope you, and anyone else reading this thread, will feel comfortable to express any and every gratitude they want to share with the PA community.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Michelle Marie (1st March 2018), Mike (1st March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), Stephanie (1st March 2018), Vernaianawa (1st March 2018), Wind (1st March 2018)

26. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Today, I am grateful that I had time to take a nap when I got home from work. I was very tired today for some reason!

I am grateful that my years of practice have honed my nit-picking skills, and combined with the treatment and cleaning efforts I have made, it appears that I have successfully eradicated the lice that were taking root on my daughter's head.

I am grateful that my brother is so attentive to me, my feelings and needs. I appreciate the attention and the care.

I am grateful that my brother appreciates all that i am doing to help him.

I am grateful that my brother is so much happier living with me and going to school here.

I am grateful for the forum and for all of my friends here.

I am grateful that my cooking is satisfying to my daughter and my brother.

I am grateful that I will have time this weekend to fill up my water jugs at the spring.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Michelle Marie (1st March 2018), Mike (1st March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), Rich (1st March 2018), Stephanie (1st March 2018), Vernaianawa (1st March 2018), Wind (1st March 2018)

28. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Quote Posted by The Freedom Train (here)
    I am grateful to you for your post Wind!

And there is no need to worry about repeating anything - this isn't a contest or even a running list that will one day be exhausted of options. The gratitude exponentially builds and grows, and there is always more to be grateful for! Each person's contribution is equally valid and appreciated!

I hope you, and anyone else reading this thread, will feel comfortable to express any and every gratitude they want to share with the PA community.
    I thought that this video would fit in here. I am grateful of such advices.

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Anka (1st November 2020), DeDukshyn (1st March 2018), Michelle Marie (1st March 2018), Mike (1st March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), onevoice (1st March 2018), Stephanie (1st March 2018), The Freedom Train (2nd March 2018), Vernaianawa (1st March 2018)

30. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,208 times in 5,679 posts

I'm grateful for Jimmy Page. I'm grateful for Led Zepplin. I'm grateful for the bad ass harmonica in this song. I'm grateful for testosterone. And i'm grateful to be walking this planet.

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

DeDukshyn (1st March 2018), Earth Angel (28th April 2018), Flash (1st March 2018), Michelle Marie (1st March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), onevoice (1st March 2018), Stephanie (1st March 2018), The Freedom Train (2nd March 2018), Vernaianawa (1st March 2018), Wind (1st March 2018)

32. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

I'm thankful that my friends came over and we prayed together.

I'm thankful for the power of prayer.

I'm thankful that my roommate picked up some groceries at the store for me.

When I moved out of my cabin, it seemed best for my cat to stay there in the forest since he had been there all his life. I didn't think I could have a cat where I moved into. That was 4 months ago. I was with him for a week at Christmas because I watched all three pets when the new tenants went on vacation. When I got a call yesterday that they had to move out of state, I knew I had to find a home for my cat. I called one friend and left a message to see if he would take him. But I knew I had to bring him to my house at least temporarily. When I spoke to my roommate, I learned I could keep him here after all. I am so thankful he is here with me now.

MM

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	37271

PS. He is thankful for getting his belly rubbed. He told me when he purred!
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 1st March 2018 at 03:07.
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Earth Angel (28th April 2018), Flash (1st March 2018), Mike (1st March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), onevoice (1st March 2018), Rich (1st March 2018), Stephanie (1st March 2018), The Freedom Train (2nd March 2018), Vernaianawa (1st March 2018), Wind (1st March 2018)

34. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Nice idea and welcome back TFT, just when I noticed things to be grateful about.

This sentence made me think Wind.

Firstly I do not believe that God created us to suffer.
    Also is it really necessary to suffer in order to have compassion?
    What if we don't suffer at the current time (or do not notice it) do we then have to recall by memory a time in which we have suffered? But if we have overcome the suffering through understanding, does that not imply our past suffering is an illusion and does not exist? So is it really necessary to know how someone is supposedly feeling, is it not more important to feel good and empowered and thereby help him/her to get out of their suffering by seeing no cause for suffering in them also? Isn't that what love is about?

Thirdly it's not really possible to be thankful for suffering because it is basically the opposite, we cannot be thankful for something we don't want.

Just some things to think about.

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

DeDukshyn (1st March 2018), Hazelfern (19th April 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), onevoice (1st March 2018), Stephanie (2nd March 2018), The Freedom Train (2nd March 2018), Wind (1st March 2018)

36. Link to Post #39
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

Quote Posted by EmEx (here)
    Nice idea and welcome back TFT, just when I noticed things to be grateful about.

This sentence made me think Wind.

Firstly I do not believe that God created us to suffer.
    Also is it really necessary to suffer in order to have compassion?
    What if we don't suffer at the current time (or do not notice it) do we then have to recall by memory a time in which we have suffered? But if we have overcome the suffering through understanding, does that not imply our past suffering is an illusion and does not exist? So is it really necessary to know how someone is supposedly feeling, is it not more important to feel good and empowered and thereby help him/her to get out of their suffering by seeing no cause for suffering in them also? Isn't that what love is about?

Thirdly it's not really possible to be thankful for suffering because it is basically the opposite, we cannot be thankful for something we don't want.

Just some things to think about.
    Yes, things to think about.

But also, how can a fish be grateful to the medium that sustains and nourishes it, if it never knows anything else exists? "What's this 'ocean' you all keep talking about?" said the inexperienced fish. Without have an "out of water" experience, you cannot be grateful for the ocean, as you know it not. I think it is this contrast Wind was being grateful for -- being grateful for the ability to be grateful, via mechanisms of contrast.

Of course none of this is required , in support of your point.

Sorry for the off topic ... er ... I am grateful for interjected perspectives
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 1st March 2018 at 16:26.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

37. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Earth Angel (28th April 2018), Michelle Marie (1st March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), onevoice (1st March 2018), Rich (2nd March 2018), Stephanie (2nd March 2018), The Freedom Train (2nd March 2018), Wind (1st March 2018)

38. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Today I am thankful that the sun is shining.

I am thankful that it is the first day of March.

I am thankful that I'm going to see many members of my family later this month.

I am thankful that my niece is getting married and that she and her fiancé are happy.

I am thankful that I get to pick up my parents at the airport, drive them around, stay in the hotel with them, visit my aunt with them, and go to the wedding with them.

I am thankful that my friend is going to ride with me on the road trip and visit her sister. What an adventure to be thankful for!

I'm so thankful that I'm reunited with my cat, and he is so affectionate and clearly happy, too.

I'm so happy! Im so thankful that I'm happy!

I'm thankful for this forum and learning so much from it, as well as hearing a diversity of perspectives. (Thank you, everyone!)

I'm thankful for my health. I'm thankful for my energy. I'm thankful for my walk or bike ride, whichever I end up doing later.

I'm thankful that I'm going to see a friend today that I haven't seen in months.

I'm thankful for every breath I take today.

I'm thankful for this perfect day. (One of my daily prayers: "Thank you, God, for this perfect day. Thank you, God, for every breath I take.")

Michelle Marie

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

O Donna (4th March 2018), onevoice (1st March 2018), Stephanie (2nd March 2018), The Freedom Train (2nd March 2018), Wind (1st March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 9 LastLast