+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 4 9 LastLast

Thread: Gratitude

1. Link to Post #61
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Default Re: Gratitude

Today, I am grateful that I got paid, and had time to go to the bank and catch the negative balance I had accidentally accrued - woohoo! No fees!

I am grateful that my car worked and I got to work without getting into an accident what with the snowstorm we had today.

I am grateful that my brother is living with me now, since he was able to stay at home and care for my daughter all day while I was at work - they both had a snowday and were off from school.

I am grateful that my brother has new friends that he enjoys spending time with now - I know how important that is to him, and I am so relieved that it's happening for him.

I am grateful that I had some free time after work to record a self-hypnosis script I have been working on. Once I perfect it, I plan on posting it to share with PA

I am grateful that there have been a slew of men who have crossed my path lately. I recently resolved an unrequited love I've had going on for the past year, and as it was coming to a head, all of these guys started coming out of nowhere. Old friends, ex lovers, new acquaintances. Of course, none are what I wanted, but it has helped me get crystal clear on what I DO want. It has also helped me to see how I am probably not really in the best place in my life to have a relationship. Phew!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Flash (5th March 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), onevoice (3rd March 2018), Rich (3rd March 2018), Stephanie (4th March 2018), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018), Wind (3rd March 2018)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

I was considering saying more but maybe I went a bit too much off topic^^

I'm grateful that I was completely unexpectedly gifted money by my host (lm a kind of working traveller where you get room and board for your work).

I think love always wants to give everything, but we usually dont accept it because of lack of self worth.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Flash (5th March 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), onevoice (3rd March 2018), Stephanie (4th March 2018), The Freedom Train (4th March 2018), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018), Wind (3rd March 2018)

5. Link to Post #63
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

I am grateful for another group of individuals that I can educate.

I am grateful for understanding my shadow side, the self that I learned to be and believed I am/was.

I am grateful for my strength, my talents, and my true self.

I am grateful that my nature allowed me to never fully integrate into this sham of a society so that I can help others see it for what it truly is. When there are those days when the world suddenly makes no sense, like 9-11, my circle calls me for answers. Otherwise I am left to amble sideways on my own - as good slaves have been taught to do with stragglers.

I am grateful for you. All of you. It is you who have made certain that I never get brainwashed like the rest of you. You give me purpose.

I am grateful I walk among ghosts. It makes me feel authentic in comparison. You make seeing the sham very easy indeed.

I am grateful that my shadow and I have worked out this arrangement.

edit: Present company excepted, of course.
    I am grateful for Avalon and the chance to have a voice amongst like-minded people. But I am constantly aware that others read these threads, it is to those that I write in most cases. It is for those that I share what others here may not feel inclined to share. It is sometimes embarrassing to reveal so much. Yet how can others judge my merit if they do not know my "lesser" side?

Still, I am grateful I love and care so deeply for myself and all the peoples of the world to bare my soul for all to see.
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 3rd March 2018 at 15:35.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Agape (4th March 2018), Earth Angel (28th April 2018), Flash (5th March 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), onevoice (4th March 2018), Rich (4th March 2018), Stephanie (4th March 2018), The Freedom Train (4th March 2018), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018), Wind (3rd March 2018), wondering (3rd March 2018)

7. Link to Post #64
    Thanks

Quote Posted by EmEx (here)
    I was considering saying more but maybe I went a bit too much off topic^^

I'm grateful that I was completely unexpectedly gifted money by my host (lm a kind of working traveller where you get room and board for your work).

I think love always wants to give everything, but we usually dont accept it because of lack of self worth.
    I would love to hear what else you were going to say, if you ever decide to share!

I am grateful for your post, EmEx. I am grateful for your unexpected windfall, and I pray that you find ever more ways to learn about your own self worth!

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Flash (5th March 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), Rich (4th March 2018), Stephanie (4th March 2018), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018), Wind (4th March 2018), wondering (4th March 2018)

9. Link to Post #65
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Still, I am grateful I love and care so deeply for myself and all the peoples of the world to bare my soul for all to see.
    Goodness! Ernie, your post was a lot to take in. Some of your choice of words seems rather condescending, and so I felt a bit off-put by it. I could see some value in your points - perhaps if softened by compassion and understanding, it would have been easier for me to read.

I am grateful for your contribution to this thread, for expressing some interesting ideas for people to consider - perhaps, even, to discuss, if they so choose.

I am grateful for your ability to feel authentic, to avoid that which you do not feel energetically aligned with, to appreciate yourself, and for your sense of purpose. I am grateful that you felt empowered to express yourself here.

And lastly, I am grateful for your final line, quoted above, which I feel is very fine indeed.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (6th March 2018), Flash (5th March 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), onevoice (4th March 2018), Rich (4th March 2018), Stephanie (4th March 2018), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018), Wind (4th March 2018), wondering (4th March 2018)

11. Link to Post #66
    Thanks

Today, I am grateful for my anger, which helped me to stand my ground with ex husband. This anger has been accruing for years. I have never been very good at asserting myself, and for years I was completely out of touch with my anger. I am grateful that this powerful reservoir of emotion has come closer to the surface and is beginning to build and beckon to me. I see that these growing feelings are helpful to my personal evolution, and signal that my time for taking action and making changes is drawing near.

I am grateful for the local spring where I filled up my water today. I am grateful that my daughter helped me to fill the water jugs, and I am grateful to whoever plowed the snow from the road that led into the woods where the spring is. I am grateful for such clean and fresh, delicious water to drink.

I am grateful for Young Living peppermint oil.

I am grateful for the Terminator lice comb. It is very very effective.

I am grateful that I still have plenty of pea soup portioned in the freezer.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Earth Angel (28th April 2018), Flash (5th March 2018), Michelle Marie (4th March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), onevoice (4th March 2018), Rich (4th March 2018), Stephanie (4th March 2018), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018), Wind (4th March 2018), wondering (4th March 2018)

13. Link to Post #67
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

Today I'm grateful for having a restful day at home.

I'm grateful for my cat and how much we love each other.

I'm grateful that my roommate is being very sweet to my cat, even though I'm not really supposed to have him here.

I'm grateful that I just know things will work out for him, even though I don't know how yet.

I'm grateful for the delicious leftovers of spaghetti and salad.

I'm grateful for the posts I've read today and the information that was shared.

Such an easy peaceful day! I'm very grateful for that.

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Flash (5th March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), onevoice (4th March 2018), Rich (4th March 2018), Stephanie (4th March 2018), The Freedom Train (5th March 2018), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018), Wind (4th March 2018)

15. Link to Post #68
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

I am grateful that over the last two days, my foster daughter's visiting relatives were able to assist me in moving very big and heavy 6 cubic yards of gravel and granite dust (that will be used in a concrete patio and driveway repair project) to back of the house and out of the road view using shovels and a small wagon. Our HOA has emailed me to notify me that they will impose financial penalty if I didn't have the gravel pile relocated by Monday.

The patio and driveway repair project has been delayed for the last two months due to either rain or freezing temperature the last two months.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Flash (5th March 2018), Michelle Marie (5th March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), Rich (4th March 2018), Stephanie (4th March 2018), The Freedom Train (5th March 2018), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018), Wind (4th March 2018)

17. Link to Post #69
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

Gratitude for those young musicians around my daughter, making her life interesting musically - the author-composer is a personal friend of daughter and her actual music teacher

They are a gang of ex McGill music students in classical singing and in composing who put that group together

Gratitude for being able to post here

Here Vrylnia (i do not stop telling that their name is nor marketable)

How couldn't you have a nice day when listening to these?

How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (6th March 2018), Michelle Marie (5th March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), onevoice (4th March 2018), Stephanie (5th March 2018), The Freedom Train (5th March 2018), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018), Wind (5th March 2018)

19. Link to Post #70
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    I'm grateful for my cat and how much we love each other.

I'm grateful that my roommate is being very sweet to my cat, even though I'm not really supposed to have him here.

I'm grateful that I just know things will work out for him, even though I don't know how yet.
    I find your relationship with your cat to be so sweet! I am grateful for your cat, who brings you so much joy, and I do hope that things work out in the way that will bring you both the most happiness!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by onevoice (here)
    I am grateful that over the last two days, my foster daughter's visiting relatives were able to assist me in moving very big and heavy 6 cubic yards of gravel and granite dust
    That is no small task! I am grateful that you had help in your herculean task!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Gratitude for those young musicians around my daughter, making her life interesting musically - the author-composer is a personal friend of daughter and her actual music teacher

How couldn't you have a nice day when listening to these?

I am grateful that your life is filled with interesting people, and that your daughter is not only an object of your loving devotion, but a conduit to these exciting new artists and experiences!

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Flash (5th March 2018), Michelle Marie (5th March 2018), onevoice (7th March 2018), Stephanie (5th March 2018), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018), Wind (5th March 2018)

21. Link to Post #71
    Thanks

Today, I am grateful for my friends on Avalon, and for those who are sharing their gratitudes on this thread. I really love reading their gratitudes, and sharing in their appreciations. It makes me feel even more grateful to be alive, and to be connected in this way.

I am grateful that I had time to do the laundry and to bring my daughter and brother rock climbing, as well as to cook some more beans for the freezer meals.

I am grateful that my brother really enjoys the pea soup I made for the family. It has been rather daunting for me and a big adjustment to feed an 18 year old guy with a big appetite. I am grateful for every successful meal I make him.

I am grateful that my daughter and I are so close.

I am grateful that I can lie down and rest in bed now! Good night, I love you.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Earth Angel (28th April 2018), Flash (5th March 2018), Michelle Marie (5th March 2018), onevoice (5th March 2018), Stephanie (5th March 2018), Vernaianawa (5th March 2018), Wind (5th March 2018)

23. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

I am grateful today for my daughter's climbing instructor, who wrote a very nice recommendation letter for a scholarship application we are submitting for her to get braces.

I am grateful for rice and beans. Thank god for rice and beans!

I am grateful that the snow is beginning to melt.

I am grateful that the daily nit picking is almost at an end.

I am grateful that my apartment is warm.

I am grateful that my belly is full.

I am grateful for the shower I am about to take.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Flash (6th March 2018), Michelle Marie (10th March 2018), onevoice (6th March 2018), Stephanie (6th March 2018), Vernaianawa (10th March 2018), Wind (6th March 2018)

25. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

Today, I am so very grateful that the nit picking is at an end! The lice are gone!

I am grateful that I am finding the time to listen to my hypnosis script. I certainly am having some interesting dreams lately!

I am grateful for olive oil.

I am grateful that my budgeting skills have improved a thousand-fold over the course of the past two years.

I am grateful for my friend Kathy.

I am grateful for my friend Karin.

I am grateful that I started this thread, because I find that keeping up with it is helping me to take time out of each day to count my blessings, even when things have been so challenging for me these past two weeks.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Michelle Marie (10th March 2018), onevoice (7th March 2018), Vernaianawa (10th March 2018), Wind (7th March 2018)

27. Link to Post #74
    Thanks

Today, I am grateful that I was able to make time to listen to my hypnosis script in the morning before work. I definitely think it helped!

I am grateful that I had enough energy after work today to cook a bunch of food for the rest of the week and the weekend.

I am grateful that I also had time to empty one of my large crocks and fill four large jars of sauerkraut to share with my friend John.

I am grateful for the fun conversation I had with my friend Dana tonight. I am grateful for her friendship.

I am grateful for having time and energy as well to work on organizing and filing my papers, and pulling together an application for my daughter for an orthodontic scholarship.

I am grateful that my period is finally starting.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Michelle Marie (10th March 2018), onevoice (8th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018), Vernaianawa (10th March 2018)

29. Link to Post #75
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

Grateful for life - grateful for forgiveness - grateful for Avalon
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Michelle Marie (10th March 2018), onevoice (8th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018), The Freedom Train (9th March 2018), Vernaianawa (10th March 2018)

31. Link to Post #76
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Grateful for life - grateful for forgiveness - grateful for Avalon
    I too am grateful for forgiveness on this day, Flash. Thank you for sharing. I love you.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Michelle Marie (10th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018), Vernaianawa (10th March 2018)

33. Link to Post #77
    Thanks

Today I am grateful to my friend Mark for his amazing work with me. I just had a very intense session, and made a discovery that is overwhelming. I am in shock I think. But so many things are making so much more sense to me now, so it's all good.

I am grateful that I cooked enough food earlier in the week that all we had to do was heat stuff up today for dinner.

I am grateful that my boss was not terribly grumpy today.

I am grateful that I had a chance to take a nap after work today.

I am grateful for this thread.

I am grateful for my embarrassment in continuing to post on this thread. I am grateful that I am not allowing my fears of what other people think of me stop me from doing what I feel called to do.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Bluegreen (13th March 2018), Michelle Marie (10th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018), Vernaianawa (10th March 2018)

35. Link to Post #78
    Thanks

Today I am grateful for all those members who shared their stories with me and bore witness to my emotional processing today. The level of gratitude is immense.

I am grateful that I am now ready to lie down and go to sleep. I am very tired.

Thank you, I love you.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Michelle Marie (10th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018), Vernaianawa (10th March 2018)

37. Link to Post #79
    New Zealand Unsubscribed Vernaianawa's Avatar
    Thanks

I give thanks to the Fool, the Mirror, the hurt that heals because you did not know.

38. Link to Post #80
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

I am grateful for the sunshine.

I'm grateful for my son and how he stays in contact with me. I always tell him he is my favorite son, and he laughs because he is my only son. Still, he's on the top of my favorite list!

I'm grateful for where I live. It is peaceful.

I'm grateful for the delicious, nutritious food I eat, and the nice kitchen I have to cook in.

I'm grateful for friends. I've seen them a lot more since I moved out of the woods last fall. I really feel like a millionaire when it comes to friends. I have so many great ones. Friends are the greatest blessing of all!

I'm grateful for my books. They are all around me, and whether I read a lot, or just a little, I feel inspired and connected to the resonant fields created by shared ideas.

I'm grateful for this thread that reminds me to focus on gratitude. My friends who join with me in prayer and meditation also focus on gratitude. Years ago we had a group we simply called "the gratitude girls" and I'm grateful for my friend, Irene, who had the group at her house for so long. She is now in spirit, but we are grateful for her presence in our groups and we acknowledge her and know she is grateful still.

I'm grateful for the intention ideas that helped formulate the intentions for tomorrow's group meditation. (On intentional meditation thread.). I am grateful for understanding somewhat how powerful that activity is.

Thank you! You are a kind and loving soul!
    MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Stephanie (13th March 2018), The Freedom Train (11th March 2018), Vernaianawa (10th March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 4 9 LastLast