Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 5 9 LastLast

Thread: Gratitude

1. Link to Post #81
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Default Re: Gratitude

Quote Posted by Vernaianawa (here)
    I give thanks to the Fool, the Mirror, the hurt that heals because you did not know.
    I am grateful to you Vernainawa for sharing your gratitudes! And I am very curious to know more! What are the fool and the mirror? xoxo Elizabeth

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Michelle Marie (11th March 2018), onevoice (11th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018), Vernaianawa (11th March 2018), Wind (12th March 2018)

3. Link to Post #82
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    I am grateful for the sunshine.

I'm grateful for my son and how he stays in contact with me. I always tell him he is my favorite son, and he laughs because he is my only son. Still, he's on the top of my favorite list!

I'm grateful for where I live. It is peaceful.

I'm grateful for the delicious, nutritious food I eat, and the nice kitchen I have to cook in.

I'm grateful for friends. I've seen them a lot more since I moved out of the woods last fall. I really feel like a millionaire when it comes to friends. I have so many great ones. Friends are the greatest blessing of all!

I'm grateful for my books. They are all around me, and whether I read a lot, or just a little, I feel inspired and connected to the resonant fields created by shared ideas.

I'm grateful for this thread that reminds me to focus on gratitude. My friends who join with me in prayer and meditation also focus on gratitude. Years ago we had a group we simply called "the gratitude girls" and I'm grateful for my friend, Irene, who had the group at her house for so long. She is now in spirit, but we are grateful for her presence in our groups and we acknowledge her and know she is grateful still.

I'm grateful for the intention ideas that helped formulate the intentions for tomorrow's group meditation. (On intentional meditation thread.). I am grateful for understanding somewhat how powerful that activity is.

Thank you! You are a kind and loving soul!
    MM
    OMG I love the one about your favorite son! Adorable! And also I love that you call yourself a millionaire in friendship! I have never heard someone say this before and I find it fantastic!

Reading your gratitudes always puts a big smile on my face, Michelle Marie, and makes my heart sing!

I am so very grateful to you for sharing your gratitudes with us today!!!!! Thank you, I love you.

xoxoxoxoxo Elizabeth

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Michelle Marie (11th March 2018), onevoice (11th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018), Vernaianawa (11th March 2018), Wind (11th March 2018)

5. Link to Post #83
    Thanks

Today, I am grateful I signed up for and helped with my daughter's cast party for her school play. I had a lot of fun meeting and talking with the other parents, in running the photo booth and taking a bunch of pictures of the kids, and dancing a little to some of the good songs the DJ played.

I am grateful that my brother is spending time with his friends right now, and that I was able to lend him the car to see them. I am happy when he gets out of the house and spends time with friends. I don't want him to feel isolated and alone here.

I am grateful that my daughter is so patient and loving.

I am more grateful than I can ever possibly express in words for all the amazing loving support I have received on the forum lately. I am really in awe, and deeply humbled, and so very grateful. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love you PA!!!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Michelle Marie (11th March 2018), onevoice (11th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018), Vernaianawa (11th March 2018), Wind (11th March 2018)

7. Link to Post #84
    New Zealand Unsubscribed Vernaianawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Was what I felt at time of writing, being the fool and feeling ones fool imo so so important, similar to acknowledging nicely another fool fooling, the first mirror was an unrippling lake surface, moon behind, to touch to ripple away, a hurt needs no healing when you know thyself. thy mind.

Quote Posted by The Freedom Train (here)
    I give thanks to the Fool, the Mirror, the hurt that heals because you did not know.
    I am grateful to you Vernainawa for sharing your gratitudes! And I am very curious to know more! What are the fool and the mirror? xoxo Elizabeth

8. Link to Post #85
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

Was what I felt at time of writing, being the fool and feeling ones fool imo so so important, similar to acknowledging nicely another fool fooling, the first mirror was an unrippling lake surface, moon behind, to touch to ripple away, a hurt needs no healing when you know thyself. thy mind.
    What a profound, succinct and eloquent statement, Vernaianawa. You've transcended the duality of a fool fooling someone else. In reality, everyone, everything is all part of All That Is. I don't claim to be at that level, but I feel that you've experienced that state of transcending the illusion of our reality. You were looking at the reflection of a moon on a quiet lake without ripples. Then merely by a simple act of touching the lake, the illusion of the moon is shattered; which was a catalyst to shattering your experience of separateness and duality.

My late Buddhist master once wrote in a book that he saw his reflection in a small pool of water. Then all of a sudden he realized that his reflection in the water is as real as he is. My master meant that our ordinary 3D reality is an illusion which can be shattered by letting go of our ego and experience All That Is. One of his teaching is to see oneself/mind as a mirror. The mirror only serves to reflect whatever is in front of it. It does not hold onto and capture a reflection, like a picture would. Our mind is usually like a camcorder that keeps on recording and retaining all of our experiences, when the experiences are gone and past.

I am very grateful for you sharing your explanation of your experience.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Leonard (16th March 2018), Michelle Marie (12th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018), The Freedom Train (12th March 2018), Vernaianawa (11th March 2018), Wind (11th March 2018)

10. Link to Post #86
    New Zealand Unsubscribed Vernaianawa's Avatar
    Thanks

I am grateful to your late master.

11. Link to Post #87
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Vernaianawa;1213457]Was what I felt at time of writing, being the fool and feeling ones fool imo so so important, similar to acknowledging nicely another fool fooling, the first mirror was an unrippling lake surface, moon behind, to touch to ripple away, a hurt needs no healing when you know thyself. thy mind.

Oh thank you so much for explaining! I like your poetic expression of your experience. I am grateful for you Vernaianawa!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Michelle Marie (12th March 2018), onevoice (12th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018), Vernaianawa (12th March 2018)

13. Link to Post #88
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onevoice (here)
    What a profound, succinct and eloquent statement, Vernaianawa. You've transcended the duality of a fool fooling someone else. In reality, everyone, everything is all part of All That Is. I don't claim to be at that level, but I feel that you've experienced that state of transcending the illusion of our reality. You were looking at the reflection of a moon on a quiet lake without ripples. Then merely by a simple act of touching the lake, the illusion of the moon is shattered; which was a catalyst to shattering your experience of separateness and duality.

My late Buddhist master once wrote in a book that he saw his reflection in a small pool of water. Then all of a sudden he realized that his reflection in the water is as real as he is. My master meant that our ordinary 3D reality is an illusion which can be shattered by letting go of our ego and experience All That Is. One of his teaching is to see oneself/mind as a mirror. The mirror only serves to reflect whatever is in front of it. It does not hold onto and capture a reflection, like a picture would. Our mind is usually like a camcorder that keeps on recording and retaining all of our experiences, when the experiences are gone and past.

I am very grateful for you sharing your explanation of your experience.
    Wow this is some next level satori going on!

I am so very grateful for this exchange and sharing! Thank you onevoice, and vernaianawa! I love you both so very much!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Michelle Marie (12th March 2018), onevoice (12th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018), Vernaianawa (12th March 2018), Wind (12th March 2018)

15. Link to Post #89
    Thanks

I am so very grateful for my dear friend Karin, and for our conversation tonight.

I am very grateful to Open Hand Theater, for offering a "revolving door" scholarship to my daughter to participate in their puppet theater programs throughout the year. We are very blessed!

I am grateful that I had time to get the laundry done, as well as take out the trash and recycling and clean the bathrooms and vacuum the bedrooms. I love having a clean home to start off the week.

I am so so so very grateful for all of my friends here on Avalon. I love you!

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Bluegreen (13th March 2018), Michelle Marie (12th March 2018), onevoice (12th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018), Vernaianawa (12th March 2018), Wind (12th March 2018)

17. Link to Post #90
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

I am grateful that I went for a walk and it was warm and sunny.

I am grateful that my day was relaxing and easy.

I am grateful that I got to play with my cat and laugh while he had fun.

I am grateful that I had a nice conversation with my son.

I am grateful that he has a friend who is helping him with some home improvement projects.

Thank you for reminding me to be grateful. I appreciate your love. I am grateful for loving people.

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Bluegreen (13th March 2018), onevoice (12th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018), The Freedom Train (13th March 2018), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018), Wind (12th March 2018)

19. Link to Post #91
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,997 times in 2,140 posts

I am grateful for music, without which, life would be that much more monochrome.

I am also grateful for the positive and loving vibrations of this forum. Thank you.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Bluegreen (13th March 2018), DeDukshyn (12th March 2018), Michelle Marie (13th March 2018), onevoice (12th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018), The Freedom Train (13th March 2018), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018), Wind (12th March 2018)

21. Link to Post #92
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

To follow Pueblos very fine music interjection ...

Nahko Bear "So Thankful"

Note: this song may make some feel uncomfortable. Nahko Bear was born out of a child prostitution situation and had an extremely hard upbringing. His mother (I belive his biological mother) always taught him to never feel ashamed of how he came into this world and to always be thankful for everything, because you never can trust appearances. Nahko is an amazing inspirational musician for many a down trodden people, or people going through hardships in their lives.

I am eternally grateful for Nahko Bear and the messages he brings into this realm ...

Last edited by DeDukshyn; 12th March 2018 at 23:33.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bluegreen (13th March 2018), Michelle Marie (13th March 2018), onevoice (13th March 2018), pueblo (13th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018), The Freedom Train (13th March 2018), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

23. Link to Post #93
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

I am grateful the sun is shining and the temperature temperate. I am grateful for the red, red roses around my home; not a house but a home. I am grateful I am not hungry and have water. I am grateful I am strong and perhaps can carry some of the pain of those less strong. I am grateful God gave me strong shoulders to carry the pain and the joy.
    Last edited by Valerie Villars; 12th March 2018 at 23:42.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bluegreen (13th March 2018), DeDukshyn (12th March 2018), Michelle Marie (13th March 2018), onevoice (13th March 2018), pueblo (13th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018), The Freedom Train (13th March 2018), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

25. Link to Post #94
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    I am grateful that I went for a walk and it was warm and sunny.

I am grateful that my day was relaxing and easy.

I am grateful that I got to play with my cat and laugh while he had fun.

I am grateful that I had a nice conversation with my son.

I am grateful that he has a friend who is helping him with some home improvement projects.

Thank you for reminding me to be grateful. I appreciate your love. I am grateful for loving people.

MM
    I am grateful for your loving presence on this thread, Michelle Marie! I love that you play with your kitty cat - that warms my heart and puts a smile on my face.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by pueblo (here)
    I am grateful for music, without which, life would be that much more monochrome.

I am also grateful for the positive and loving vibrations of this forum. Thank you.

I am grateful for your contribution to this thread, Pueblo! Thank you for sharing this song, I have never heard it before and I like it!

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Michelle Marie (13th March 2018), pueblo (13th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

27. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    To follow Pueblos very fine music interjection ...

Nahko Bear "So Thankful"

Note: this song may make some feel uncomfortable. Nahko Bear was born out of a child prostitution situation and had an extremely hard upbringing. His mother (I belive his biological mother) always taught him to never feel ashamed of how he came into this world and to always be thankful for everything, because you never can trust appearances. Nahko is an amazing inspirational musician for many a down trodden people, or people going through hardships in their lives.

I am eternally grateful for Nahko Bear and the messages he brings into this realm ...

Wow this is an intense song! Dang.

I am grateful for your post, Dedukshyn. Thank you for introducing me to another artist.

The song is very upbeat considering the lyrics ---> now that is some extreme gratitude.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

DeDukshyn (13th March 2018), Michelle Marie (13th March 2018), pueblo (13th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018)

29. Link to Post #96
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    I am grateful the sun is shining and the temperature temperate. I am grateful for the red, red roses around my home; not a house but a home. I am grateful I am not hungry and have water. I am grateful I am strong and perhaps can carry some of the pain of those less strong. I am grateful God gave me strong shoulders to carry the pain and the joy.
    I am grateful that you have a home, Valerie.

I am grateful for your strength, and for your loving kindness.

I pray that one day I am strong enough to carry more. I admire your generosity of spirit, and I pray that one day I can be as strong.

I pray that one day there will be no more suffering for anybody to carry.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Michelle Marie (13th March 2018), onevoice (13th March 2018), Stephanie (13th March 2018), Valerie Villars (14th March 2018), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018), Wind (15th March 2018)

31. Link to Post #97
    Thanks

I am grateful for the energy to make it through another day.

I am grateful for heat included in my rent.

I am grateful that I made so much food that my brother could not finish his dinner. This is a feat.

I am grateful for the puppet theater where my daughter is currently enrolled in an after school program.

I am grateful that I had the emotional capacity to dredge up and revisit the painful history I have with my ex husband, in order to write a statement for my friend (the mother of two of my daughter's half siblings), who has an upcoming hearing regarding legal battles with my ex husband. It was very restimulating, and made me very angry, but I did it. I didn't want to, but I knew I could not let her down. I am so grateful that I was able to do it.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

onevoice (14th March 2018), petra (15th March 2018), Stephanie (15th March 2018), Valerie Villars (14th March 2018), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018), Wind (15th March 2018)

33. Link to Post #98
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

Grateful for a call for a small coaching contract for a company.

Always, always grateful for having my daughter in my life.

Grateful for my broken toe which is healing properly

Grateful for the car I bought yesterday - now need money to afford it lol

Grateful for the rusted Spanish which is almost entirely back after hundreds of hours of movies and soaps in Spanish. Castellano is still a bit harder, but all central america and most of South America is now being almost fluent
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

onevoice (14th March 2018), Stephanie (15th March 2018), The Freedom Train (15th March 2018), Valerie Villars (14th March 2018), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018), Wind (15th March 2018)

35. Link to Post #99
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Grateful for a call for a small coaching contract for a company.

Always, always grateful for having my daughter in my life.

Grateful for my broken toe which is healing properly

Grateful for the car I bought yesterday - now need money to afford it lol

Grateful for the rusted Spanish which is almost entirely back after hundreds of hours of movies and soaps in Spanish. Castellano is still a bit harder, but all central america and most of South America is now being almost fluent
    I am grateful that your broken toe is healing as well, Flash! And I am so happy that you have such a beautiful relationship with your daughter!!!

Muchas gracias para su amor!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Today I am very grateful for my friend who is helping to connect me with some of her healer friends.

I am grateful for my boss, who gave me the day off, which I sorely needed.

I am grateful for a day to rest and recuperate.

I am grateful that my brother is enjoying his martial arts classes.

I am very grateful or my excellent doctor.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Flash (15th March 2018), onevoice (15th March 2018), petra (15th March 2018), Stephanie (15th March 2018), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018), Wind (15th March 2018)

37. Link to Post #100
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,371 times in 1,413 posts

I am grateful for the energy to make it through another day.
    I'm taking this one. Thanks

I am grateful for heat included in my rent.
    Ha ha Thanks for the laugh

<3 Grateful

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

onevoice (15th March 2018), Stephanie (15th March 2018), Vernaianawa (16th March 2018), Wind (15th March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 5 9 LastLast