Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Gratitude

1. Link to Post #141
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Default Re: Gratitude

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    I am happy to have seen one brother and my sister and some nephews and nieces at home yesterday for easter. It was a quite pleasant time.

I am grateful for the memory of my mom and the help she gave me when alive and even now.

I am grateful for a pack of great ladies I am making friend with in my "arrondissement"/neighborhood. I never had time to socialize locally before, I am happy to do it now.

I am grateful to finally start doing some sport again, regularly, to put myself back in shape as much as possible.

I am very grateful my Spanish skills are back - now I just need to sharpen the grammar a bit.
    I am grateful that you have some pleasant things happening in your life, Flash! You deserve all the best that life has to offer!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by onevoice (here)
    Quote Posted by The Freedom Train (here)
    I am very grateful that my friend John is lending me a BioGenesis multi-colored pyramid to bring to work.
    My sister uses whole set of BioGenesis crystals in her healing work.

I am grateful for the Wing of Genesis to make healthy water for our family to drink, and to remove obstructions in life.
    Yeah BioGenesis tools are awesome! I am so grateful to have met my friend John, who introduced me to a whole world of energy that I had never known until then - electro-medicine, dowsing, various energy tools and endless techniques and teachers.

I am grateful that you have a Wings of Genesis, onevoice! You are definitely putting it to good use, and we are all benefiting as a result of your applied awareness!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Tonight, I am grateful that I still have a job.

I am also grateful that my brother has begun a journey of self exploration and meditation. He is very energetically aware and sensitive, and I believe that he has just been called to walk the path of the warrior. I hope to help and guide him, as it is a path I have been walking for some years now.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Flash (5th April 2018), Michelle Marie (5th April 2018), Stephanie (11th April 2018), Valerie Villars (4th April 2018)

3. Link to Post #142
    Thanks

Tonight, I am looking back on a meditation I did yesterday and am very grateful for the result. I appear to have banished an attachment that had been the root cause of a very uncomfortable pain in my tailbone. I thought it was from sitting for long hours at the computer at work. However, now that I have cleared what I realize was the primary cause of my discomfort, the pain has been alleviated. It felt like I had bruised my tailbone, and sitting down or standing up were painful for me.

I am grateful for my ability to stand up for myself in the face of negativity, and to communicate my feelings and thoughts as needed.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Flash (5th April 2018), Iloveyou (11th April 2018), Michelle Marie (5th April 2018), onevoice (5th April 2018), Ron Mauer Sr (5th April 2018), Stephanie (11th April 2018)

5. Link to Post #143
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

Quote Posted by The Freedom Train (here)
    Tonight, I am looking back on a meditation I did yesterday and am very grateful for the result. I appear to have banished an attachment that had been the root cause of a very uncomfortable pain in my tailbone. I thought it was from sitting for long hours at the computer at work. However, now that I have cleared what I realize was the primary cause of my discomfort, the pain has been alleviated. It felt like I had bruised my tailbone, and sitting down or standing up were painful for me.

I am grateful for my ability to stand up for myself in the face of negativity, and to communicate my feelings and thoughts as needed.
    I am grateful for your presence and your kinship The Freedom Train.

Your gracious life sharing are helping me greatly. We, in difficult situations, often feel alone, even years after the event. Having others like you sharing with me makes it more bearable.

Thank you
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bob (5th April 2018), Iloveyou (11th April 2018), Michelle Marie (5th April 2018), Stephanie (11th April 2018), The Freedom Train (7th April 2018), Valerie Villars (11th April 2018)

7. Link to Post #144
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

I am grateful that our Internist Specialty Veterinarian was able to sew the feeding tube for our cat after it had come off. The feeding tube came off after our cat was coughing up some blood. After we arrived at the clinic after 45 minute drive without an appointment, we were informed that the on-call Emergency Veterinarian would just inject 48 hour pain medication to make our cat comfortable and we would have to bring him tomorrow for our regular Internist veterinarian to sew the feeding tube back onto our cat. So we waited for the on-call veterinarian to inject the pain medication. After waiting for 30 minutes, our regular Internist Specialty Veterinarian came out and told us that he was able to attend to our cat in between his appointments, x-ray his feeding tube to ensure it was inserted properly, and sewed it back into his neck.

Our Internist Specialty Veterinarian discussed our cat's situation and let us know that he was ready to do whatever the next step is needed by our cat. The cancer has now has spread to affect his right eye so that the pupil stays dilated and the eyelids stays open all the time.

I am also grateful that the clinic only charged us for the pain medication injection and not for the x-ray or sewing the feeding tube back on. Our Internist Specialty Veterinarian has had to do this several times already without charging to sew the feeding tube back on.

I am grateful that everyone at the clinic is so compassionate and the clinic are very reasonable for charging us fees for services rendered.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Bob (5th April 2018), Flash (5th April 2018), Iloveyou (11th April 2018), Michelle Marie (5th April 2018), Stephanie (11th April 2018), The Freedom Train (7th April 2018)

9. Link to Post #145
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

I am grateful to be back home.

I have gardens full of gratitude for all the people, places, conversations, hugs, memories, smiles, food and precious moments that I experienced on my trip.

I am grateful for my niece and her new husband and for all that they share.

I am grateful for all the love that was evident at all of the wedding events, meals, greetings, and goodbyes amongst all my family all people who gathered for my niece's wedding.

I am grateful for the perfect weather and the perfect trip.

Oh, great gratitude to all!
    MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Bob (5th April 2018), Flash (5th April 2018), Iloveyou (11th April 2018), onevoice (5th April 2018), Stephanie (11th April 2018), The Freedom Train (7th April 2018), Valerie Villars (11th April 2018)

11. Link to Post #146
    Thanks

I am grateful for your presence and your kinship The Freedom Train.

Your gracious life sharing are helping me greatly. We, in difficult situations, often feel alone, even years after the event. Having others like you sharing with me makes it more bearable.

Thank you
    This is exactly how I feel about you, Flash!!

I am grateful that we mirror each other so well, and are both benefitting so highly from each other's insight and support. We are so blessed to be able to connect here.

Thank you, I love you.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Flash (7th April 2018), Iloveyou (11th April 2018), Michelle Marie (7th April 2018), Stephanie (11th April 2018)

13. Link to Post #147
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onevoice (here)
    I am grateful that everyone at the clinic is so compassionate and the clinic are very reasonable for charging us fees for services rendered.
    I, too, am grateful for the compassionate circle of caregivers supporting your family as your cat's illness progresses.

I am so very sorry that your cat is so ill. My heart goes out to you both.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    I am grateful to be back home.

I have gardens full of gratitude for all the people, places, conversations, hugs, memories, smiles, food and precious moments that I experienced on my trip.

I am grateful for my niece and her new husband and for all that they share.

I am grateful for all the love that was evident at all of the wedding events, meals, greetings, and goodbyes amongst all my family all people who gathered for my niece's wedding.

I am grateful for the perfect weather and the perfect trip.

Oh, great gratitude to all!
    MM
    Your trip sounds lovely Michelle!

I am very grateful that you had such a great trip, and were surrounded by happy people full of love. I can't think of anything finer than spreading the love and good vibes around.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Flash (7th April 2018), Iloveyou (11th April 2018), Michelle Marie (7th April 2018), Stephanie (11th April 2018)

15. Link to Post #148
    Thanks

Tonight I am grateful that my friend has allowed me to keep the multicolored pyramid as a birthday present.

I am grateful that my boss has not fired me yet, and that he is becoming slightly more courteous.

I am grateful that I have found the time and energy to double up my efforts in cleaning the house and preparing food.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Bluegreen (14th April 2018), Flash (7th April 2018), Iloveyou (11th April 2018), Michelle Marie (7th April 2018), onevoice (7th April 2018), Stephanie (11th April 2018)

17. Link to Post #149
    Thanks

I like this post although I would use the word "Appreciate" Grateful implies that you are coming from a place of lack or what you didn't have ,to be grateful for something. Just me though

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loren For This Post:

Michelle Marie (9th April 2018), Stephanie (11th April 2018)

19. Link to Post #150
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Loren (here)
    I like this post although I would use the word "Appreciate" Grateful implies that you are coming from a place of lack or what you didn't have ,to be grateful for something. Just me though
    Hum... i had interpreted grateful as having a strong appreciation for what i am grateful of, there were no lacking in my mind

Am I wrong in the definition of grateful??

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Michelle Marie (9th April 2018), Stephanie (11th April 2018)

21. Link to Post #151
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,256 times in 2,136 posts

I am grateful for every moment that I feel good.
    And there is much that contributes to my feeling good.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Bluegreen (14th April 2018), Bob (8th April 2018), Iloveyou (11th April 2018), Michelle Marie (9th April 2018), onevoice (14th April 2018), Stephanie (11th April 2018), Valerie Villars (11th April 2018)

23. Link to Post #152
    Argentina Avalon Member Hazelfern's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,496 times in 348 posts

I am skipping ahead, my apologies.
    I am grateful that I have bed and a roof.

Peace begins with enough for all.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hazelfern For This Post:

Bluegreen (14th April 2018), Iloveyou (11th April 2018), Michelle Marie (9th April 2018), Stephanie (11th April 2018), Valerie Villars (11th April 2018)

25. Link to Post #153
    Thanks

Hum... i had interpreted grateful as having a strong appreciation for what i am grateful of, there were no lacking in my mind

Am I wrong in the definition of grateful??
    I agree with you Flash, when I'm grateful, there is more emotional depth to it than the feeling of appreciation. To me, appreciation is more in the mind than heart, while being grateful is more in the heart than mind.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Bob (8th April 2018), Flash (9th April 2018), Iloveyou (11th April 2018), Michelle Marie (9th April 2018), Stephanie (11th April 2018)

27. Link to Post #154
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

I am grateful for another perfect day.

I am grateful for a walk in the sun.

I am grateful for deep heartfelt sharing and the hugs I shared today.

I am grateful to share perspectives.

I am grateful that I met 2 new people today.

I am grateful for my son and the skills he has that are helping me a project.

I am grateful for this forum and I love the caring and sharing here.

I am grateful for all that I learn on this forum and on the Internet.

I am grateful for a happy day!

I am grateful for all of the beautiful blossoms and flowers.

I am grateful that I live in a small peaceful town.

I'm grateful for my friend that I took a walk with yesterday.

I appreciate being able to express gratitude with other grateful people on this thread.

Thank you every one.

MM
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 9th April 2018 at 03:31.
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Bluegreen (14th April 2018), Flash (14th April 2018), Hazelfern (11th April 2018), Iloveyou (11th April 2018), Stephanie (11th April 2018), Valerie Villars (11th April 2018)

29. Link to Post #155
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,386 times in 1,223 posts

I am grateful to be an eternal spirit that has already lived in many worlds and walked in many different shoes.

I am grateful to inhabit this body at this point in time. I am grateful to know that I‘m not limited to that.

I am grateful to remember that I‘m not alone. I am grateful for that indestructible knowledge inside of me.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Iloveyou For This Post:

Bluegreen (14th April 2018), Flash (14th April 2018), Hazelfern (12th April 2018), Michelle Marie (14th April 2018), onevoice (11th April 2018), Stephanie (11th April 2018), Valerie Villars (11th April 2018)

31. Link to Post #156
    Thanks

I am grateful that our cat that we rescued from a storm drain in our back yard has shared 10 years of life, and after a long courageous battle with oral cancer, he has passed on to a better place.

I am grateful for all the wonderful memories our cat gave us, he was truly like a son to us.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Bluegreen (14th April 2018), Hazelfern (14th April 2018), meeradas (14th April 2018), Michelle Marie (14th April 2018), Stephanie (19th April 2018)

33. Link to Post #157
    Thanks

I'm splitting hairs here. Often, not always, we use grateful about a struggle or difficulty that we have over come, happy that you are no longer in the struggle but it's still dominant vibration.The vibration still implies a bit about the struggle as appreciation is all about who you have become, a state of appreciation is a state of love.One is more conditional one is more unconditional.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Loren For This Post:

Earth Angel (28th April 2018), Flash (14th April 2018), Hazelfern (14th April 2018), Stephanie (19th April 2018)

35. Link to Post #158
    Thanks

Yes you are splitting hair with your own perception of the word and your own perception of the vibrations you yourself make it carry.

I do not have these perceptions and do not wish to endorse the vibration you did endorse. You realise this is your own making, don’t you?

So, I will go on with gratitude as per the dictionary definition to start with, and the nice vibration I always thought it carries

Up to you if you want to keep or change your own perception/interpretation

Come on Loren, gratitude is gratitude, a thank note to the universe (or to others), it is not relief, it has such a nice color in itself

I'm splitting hairs here. Often, not always, we use grateful about a struggle or difficulty that we have over come, happy that you are no longer in the struggle but it's still dominant vibration.The vibration still implies a bit about the struggle as appreciation is all about who you have become, a state of appreciation is a state of love.One is more conditional one is more unconditional.
    Last edited by Flash; 14th April 2018 at 19:18.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Hazelfern (14th April 2018), meeradas (14th April 2018), Stephanie (19th April 2018)

37. Link to Post #159
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,565 times in 32,726 posts

Forgive me for this very trivial contribution, but it's quite real.

Last week I set off for a mountain hike with my dog Mara, but we were stymied by a huge heavy-rain washout in the dirt road leading to the trailhead. I was super-disappointed, because I had a goal in mind, but I either had to head home again, two hours away, or find an alternative.

I settled on another trail that I had no idea about, and had always driven past. I was feeling disgruntled about the entire thing. But Mara was SO happy to get out of the vehicle and gallop off down the trail, exploring every new thing that she found. It was inspiring. She was REALLY grateful to be out there in the wilderness. She didn't care where it was. (Dogs don't have goals!)

I really learned from that, consciously, at the time. I paid attention to it all... how she was feeling, and how I was, burdened by the load of being human. And the epilogue? We BOTH had a very wonderful day.

38. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Anka (1st November 2020), avid (15th April 2018), Bluegreen (14th April 2018), Bob (14th April 2018), Earth Angel (28th April 2018), Eva2 (14th April 2018), Flash (14th April 2018), greybeard (14th April 2018), happyuk (15th April 2018), hohoemi (14th April 2018), meeradas (14th April 2018), Michelle Marie (15th April 2018), Stephanie (19th April 2018), sunwings (15th April 2018)

39. Link to Post #160
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

Our neighbor had a stroke and is in hospital so Im looking after his cat.
    He is so pleased to see me or rather the food --there is now a food que two seagulls stand a few yards back in hope.
    The cat is too old to be chasing them.
    However I find the pantomime enjoyable.

I have a gratitude "list" I pray this every night.
    The more gratitude I have, the more peacful my mental state .
    I rarely get stressed now because of the simple spiritual "practices"--the silence of mind is something I am truly grateful to have.

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 14th April 2018 at 20:02.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

40. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anka (1st November 2020), avid (15th April 2018), Bill Ryan (1st November 2020), Bluegreen (14th April 2018), Bob (14th April 2018), Earth Angel (28th April 2018), Flash (14th April 2018), Gracy (14th April 2018), Lettherebelight (14th April 2018), meeradas (14th April 2018), Michelle Marie (15th April 2018), Stephanie (19th April 2018), Zampano (14th April 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 8 9 LastLast