+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 7 LastLast

Thread: Forecast: Great Global Depression begins 2018; Trump and Euro skeptics will be blamed. Qanon is part of the distraction.

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,433 times in 21,489 posts

Default Re: Forecast: Great Global Depression begins 2018; Trump and Euro skeptics will be blamed. Qanon is part of the distraction.

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but are you talking a page out of the Venezuela playbook? i.e., stock up on toilet paper, et al....?
    I'm hopeful that most neighborhoods and localities in the US will not deteriorate as far as the portions of Venezuela that we hear about, and that the currency collapse of the Dollar within the US will not be as severe as the collapse of the Venezuela Bolivar.

However I expect some neighborhoods and localities to become quite dangerous. I expect some food riots and some Soros NGO funded riots. I expect the bankruptcy of many indebted corporations and of some local and state governments. I expect many personal bankruptcies and mortgage foreclosures. I expect some sort of restructuring of the US national debt (a default, by some disguise.) I expect some to die for lack of food, shelter or medicines. I expect many to be shocked into desperation. I expect many over funded (thanks to student loans) college and university campuses to close. I expect the US Petro-Narco-Military Dollar to cease being the reserve currency of the world.

... and while I don't discuss my personal preparations in public, I have at times considered keeping extra toilet paper on hand .

I figure that "they" are putting in place the world wide technical, energy, mining and production facilities, integrated closely with the daily activities and long term legal, financial and medical engagements of humanity, that will serve as the basis for colonizing and mining the rest of the solar system with a combination of digitally intelligent autonomous devices and humans.

It's a complex project (to say the least), and it will require some major resetting of the current institutions and organizing principles of our civilization.

The pervasive, varied, complex web of "digital intelligence" that will envelope humanity at so many levels will be, to some extend already is, mind boggling.

The struggle for human dignity and freedom in the face of this juggernaut will continue.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 24th March 2018 at 02:15.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th March 2018), Bruno (26th March 2018), Debra (24th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th March 2018), Ivy23 (30th April 2018), Mercedes (24th March 2018), onawah (24th March 2018), onevoice (24th March 2018), robinr1 (30th March 2018), Watching from Cyprus (29th March 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,261 times in 1,414 posts

Default Re: Forecast: Great Global Depression begins 2018; Trump and Euro skeptics will be blamed. Qanon is part of the distraction.

Speaking about limitless toilet paper, I believe the romans carried a stick with rags attached to one end, which they tied to their belt. Each latrine would have a place to wash it off after use in its wiping activity. Another interesting point is that the romans collected urine for use in creating soap (from uric acid).

Another note on survival, apparently crickets can provide much needed protein. They are easy to keep, can be fed on scraps, and can be ground into a powder and mixed with other food for a protein add. Now, being a vegetarian i find this distasteful, but if survival is an issue this seems lke a palatable option.

Now back to interesting discussions on currency collapse and soaring libor rates... ;-)

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th March 2018), Debra (24th March 2018), Ernie Nemeth (30th March 2018), Flash (24th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th March 2018), happyuk (17th September 2018), Ivy23 (30th April 2018), Mercedes (24th March 2018), onevoice (24th March 2018), ThePythonicCow (24th March 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,056 times in 2,419 posts

Paul, you paint a very bleak and depressing scenario. Sadly, I cannot say that I disagree with much, if any, of it.

All that is happening now, socially, economically, militarily and politically etc... has happened before and will happen again under a fiat, legal tender, debt-based global monetary system controlled by those who "own" and operate central banks. It's baked into the cake. The system is not sustainable and they knew that when in 1913 they set up (and it was a set up of the grandest criminal magnitude) the Federal Reserve System and the 16th Amnd taxing our incomes from whatever source derived.

Such a monetary system is bad enough for a single country, it's an outright disaster globally. That's an important part, if not the goal, of their program.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

3(C)+me (26th March 2018), Bill Ryan (24th March 2018), Debra (24th March 2018), Flash (24th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th March 2018), Ivy23 (30th April 2018), Mercedes (24th March 2018), onawah (24th March 2018), onevoice (24th March 2018), ThePythonicCow (24th March 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    Paul, you paint a very bleak and depressing scenario. Sadly, I cannot say that I disagree with much, if any, of it.
    Take heart! I've been making doom and gloom forecasts for probably 10 or 20 years now, and I've been wrong almost 100% of the time. Perhaps my (abysmal) track record will continue.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th March 2018), Debra (24th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th March 2018), Ivy23 (30th April 2018), Mercedes (24th March 2018), mountain_jim (25th March 2018), onawah (24th March 2018), pyrangello (26th March 2018), Satori (7th May 2018), Watching from Cyprus (29th March 2018), Words of Joy (18th July 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by Honesty (here)
    Wars will precede the global economic collapse and reset.
    Most likely ...
    On the other hand, perhaps not so likely.

The primary purpose of major war is to create major debt, as that is one of the most potent weapons of the elite bastards.

The good news is that we seem to be doing a jolly fine job of creating major debt, without major war (unless you happen to live in parts of such countries as Libya, Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Somali, Sudan, South Africa, Lebanon, the Congo, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Columbia, Mexico, ...).
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 24th March 2018 at 06:33.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th March 2018), Flash (24th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th March 2018), Ivy23 (30th April 2018), Mercedes (24th March 2018), onevoice (26th March 2018), Watching from Cyprus (29th March 2018), Words of Joy (18th July 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Honesty (here)
    Wars will precede the global economic collapse and reset.
    Most likely ...
    On the other hand, perhaps not so likely.

The primary purpose of major war is to create major debt, as that is one of the most potent weapons of the elite bastards.
    In other words, essentially, the War on Terror of the last couple of decades is the war that will precede this economic and debt collapse.

Historically, major collapses in the debt of nations follow major wars that ran up far more debt than even the victor, much less the looser, could repay.

The "War on Terror", with its world wide arms traffic, massive military expenditures, and massive debt build up, especially by the US, is that war, for this coming collapse. Over a million people have been killed in this war, and many trillions of Dollars or equivalent measures of currency have been spent, largely funded by debt that remains outstanding and will never be paid off, at full value.

There may still be some climatic events, with tens or hundreds of thousands killed, remaining in this War, but I expect such events, if God forbid they occur, will be more the culminating climax to what has been a two decade long war, rather than the beginning of a substantially larger war than we've been in all along.

Such climatic events could provide the impetus for some of the sweeping changes in the world's legal, governance, financial and military structures that I suppose that the elite bastards have in store for humanity.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th March 2018), Debra (24th March 2018), Flash (24th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th March 2018), Ivy23 (30th April 2018), Justplain (24th March 2018), Mercedes (24th March 2018), onawah (27th March 2018), Watching from Cyprus (29th March 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul;1216267In other words, essentially, the War on Terror of the last couple of decades [U
    is[/U] the war that will precede this economic and debt collapse.

Historically, major collapses in the debt of nations follow major wars that ran up far more debt than even the victor, much less the looser, could repay.

The "War on Terror", with its world wide arms traffic, massive military expenditures, and massive debt build up, especially by the US, is that war, for this coming collapse.
    Another "fruit" of war, from the perspective of the elite bastards, seems to be the destruction or radical reconstruction of long standing nations, civilizations, and cultures.

Thus were major war(s) required in Europe, Japan, western Russia, eastern Europe, north Africa, the Middle East, Japan, China, and southeast Asia, but not so much, this last century, in Australia or North America. Even England escaped the brutal ground wars that ravaged Europe twice in the last century.

The American Civil War of the 1860's was sufficient to install a federal government with full authority over the various united (and secessionist) States, cementing in place the United States, a single government with final authority over all the people and their various local and state governments. The various wars against the indigenous Indian tribes, fought over the century or two preceding the Civil War were sufficient to destroy and eliminate the previous Indian civilizations.

The Muslim immigration into Europe is now succeeding in reconstructing, once again, deep seated European cultures and nations.

In the US, perhaps even more so than in many other areas, the people are also being subjugated by other mass control methods, such as:
    • dumbed down, propaganda filled, schools and colleges
    • toxins in the vaccines and medicines
    • toxins in the food such as Roundup and GMO corn syrup
    • loss of critical minerals and other nutrients in the food
    • fluoride and other toxins in the water
    • dumbed down, propaganda filled, entertainment and news media
    • electrical emissions
    • bought off and controlled "leaders" in corporations and governments
    • debt, debt, and more debt on individuals, corporations and governments
    • propaganda, disinformation, and lies
    • ... and the new digital control grid using the Web and "smart phones"
    The health of our institutions, culture, heritage, communities and bodies is being deeply compromised.

The "good news" is that this probably means that the elite don't think that they need to slaughter millions in a ground war on North America in order to effect their next round of changes.

My primary points in this post:
    • The deeper are the roots of an existing culture, then the greater the need (of the elites) to use devastating means to effect fundamental change.
    • Brutal ground and aerial bombardment wars are one such devastating method, seen in many, but not all, regions in the last century.
    • But a diverse panoply of other means, such as listed above, are another method, such as being seen now in the United States.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 25th March 2018 at 23:42.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

3(C)+me (26th March 2018), avid (26th March 2018), Flash (25th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (26th March 2018), Ol' Roy (30th March 2018), onawah (27th March 2018), onevoice (26th March 2018), Reinhard (30th March 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,409 times in 838 posts

... and while I don't discuss my personal preparations in public, I have at times considered keeping extra toilet paper on hand .
    Speaking of the crap hitting the fan and the need for toilet paper, , if the economy takes a dump, will toilets even work? Whose going to run the electric grid, the water systems, etc.. If you have a house with a yard and can dig a hole in the ground, then I guess you're okay. But anybody living in the city in an apartment, condo, or such, ............

And now, ....
    Last edited by Orph; 26th March 2018 at 15:36.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (30th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (26th March 2018), ThePythonicCow (26th March 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,636 times in 8,593 posts

my toilet will still work - gravity-fed spring-water feeds my house. (And my wife makes fun of my toilet paper supplies)
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (30th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (30th March 2018), ThePythonicCow (26th March 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member Zionbrion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,416 times in 406 posts

I wanted to share this blog post I just read, it goes right along with what you are saying Paul, there is some nice charting explanations as well.

Fellow Readers,

For the first time ever I am way more focused on the traditional stock markets than on Crypto and so should everyone, for several reasons, but foremost:
    This time is different.

Ever since i bothered to get down the rabbit hole of how our world really works I knew that we are living in the Biggest Bubble of All Times that will inevitably burst in due time. The question never really was whether it bursts, but rather when the crash will occur and what implications such scenario will have on our daily lives. Although latter is somewhat speculative, the former is actually not far away.

For the first time ever humans artifically created the “Everything-Bubble” based on a toxic economic system that generates more debt than money to repay, and which demands constant parabolic growth on a global scale. It does not take a genius to figure out that this is not a sustainable way of living and that it will come crumbling down if certain catalysts trigger fear and panic among traditional investors spreading globally.

If you think about it in an objective way, we humans are like cancer for the planet.
    I think Agent Smith was pretty clear about it in the movie Matrix, he actually nailed it:

Continue reading at : https://cryptoyoda1338.wordpress.com...mpression=true

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zionbrion For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (30th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (30th March 2018), onawah (29th March 2018), ThePythonicCow (29th March 2018), Watching from Cyprus (29th March 2018)

21. Link to Post #31
    Denmark Avalon Member Watching from Cyprus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,290 times in 293 posts

Yes Paul, absolutely correct. It is now up to the individual to wake up or stay asleep.

Please allow me to quote an extremely well written article I read this morning;

QUOTE:
    Fellow Readers,

For the first time ever I am way more focused on the traditional stock markets than on Crypto and so should everyone, for several reasons, but foremost:
    This time is different.

Ever since i bothered to get down the rabbit hole of how our world really works I knew that we are living in the Biggest Bubble of All Times that will inevitably burst in due time. The question never really was whether it bursts, but rather when the crash will occur and what implications such scenario will have on our daily lives. Although latter is somewhat speculative, the former is actually not far away.

For the first time ever humans artifically created the “Everything-Bubble” based on a toxic economic system that generates more debt than money to repay, and which demands constant parabolic growth on a global scale. It does not take a genius to figure out that this is not a sustainable way of living and that it will come crumbling down if certain catalysts trigger fear and panic among traditional investors spreading globally.

If you think about it in an objective way, we humans are like cancer for the planet.
    I think Agent Smith was pretty clear about it in the movie Matrix, he actually nailed it:

Agent Smith: “I’d like to share a revelation I had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you’re not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure.”

Is it not like that? When we compare our way of living to that of every other species on the planet, we must inevitably come to the conclusion that we are one amongst millions of species that are not living in tune with Nature. We completely lost the connection to what we really are, and the pain and suffering in the world is the natural result of that fallacy. We exploited the planet and its natural, precious resources for centuries, especially more in the recent decades, to a degree that we now face our own destruction in the next years if we do not manage to make a 180 degree turn, which is however only a limited option as those in control have no interest in making a turn whatsoever and will resist such change with all tools at their disposal.

When we maintain a system that demands constant growth, while resources needed to fuel that growth are limited, we pretty much have set ourselves checkmate. You cannot sequeeze more juice out out of a lemon than what it naturally contains, and we will soon figure that out. And in a way it is a justified reckoning. All these years we all looked away, being ignorant about what is happening, indirectly supporting this system by contributing our time and energy into that, or simply ignoring the warning signs that are here for decades already, very obvious in plain sight, all of this will hit us in the face rather sooner than later. Yet we stand there unprepared and mostly unknowing. If you as a baby boomer thought you will make it to your death bed before that actually happens, you may be in for a surprise.

We have allowed this to happen – even if unknowingly – thus we will eventually suffer from the consequences, even if we have not established this toxic system ourselves.

We passively agreed to the system, but we actively suffer from the consequences eventually. I am talking about everyone, no matter where they live and what they do, what they think and what they are capable of, to be affected significantly in their daily lives which is so dependent on the state and the system we fuel by our compliance when it finally comes crumbling down.

This is a warning.

There is one specific characteristic in man that has been completely mastered, and that is Ignorance. We are able to live for decades pretending nothing is wrong, although every day things get worse. We however decide to look away because we don’t feel an immediate effect on our own personal lives. We are so consumed by technology, social media, News, Netflix and Crypto and everyday worries that we forget everything else completely. Most of us know that the system we run today cannot be sustained in the future, but rarely anyone is able or willing to look beyond that. I have tried several times to make aware of these circumstances, however ignorance and trust in the old system is high among daily life relationships.

It seems that nobody is willing to talk about a potential collapse of the society as we know it, even if the risks are very evident for such scenario. If you are afraid of talking about it in the first place, what do you think how you will deal with the actual event!?

In a state where humanity is mostly sleeping, absolutely unconscious and blind to what is happening at a larger scale, we will be beyond helpless as a species when things get turbulent. The only thing to avoid such a paralysis is to actually prepare by the means of information and actual physical preparation. No one becomes a prepper because they overly enjoy it, but because it is necessary and the logical consequence of the information they have accumulated. Being prepared by any means is not something that is weird, it is acting responsibly, while everybody else continues to be busy looking away.

Sure we can pretend everything will go on just as in the past, because its comfortable. But as comfortable it is, it is just as unlikely. This is not meant as an offence, most of us have been spawned into this system and not actively developed it. In fact, nobody really understands the system which is so important to our daily lives.

Yet looking away is not the solution, truth is. We already KNOW that those in control have no interest in change, even if it ultimatively means their own destruction. It is up to us people to accept the responsibility to make such a change. But this is no news. It feels like mankind has been going in circles for centuries, never learning from their mistakes whatsoever, while we declare ourselves as a developed civilization.
    One step forward, two steps back.

Although I could go on forever diving deeper into the wrongdoings of our species, it is not the time and place, and certainly not the aim of this article. The actual objective of this piece is to make aware of the Global Everything Bubble and to indicate that the point of no return (The Crash) is by no means very far away. The mood of the market has already changed and seems to be getting worse day by day. Generally I would say that this indicates a possibility of accumulation, however this is clearly not the case in such altitude, while real economic data are going down. Since Fiat is not backed by Gold anymore, it is actually backed by economic data. When these economic data keep tumbling down, but stocks are still rising parabolically, that’s a warning sign that should be taken seriously. The market has been propelled by margin, debt and inflation for decades and are artificially supported by the Money-Creators themselves, buying up their own stuff. When they will stop doing so, which is already indicated and widely discussed, there will be no buyers left: Markets will collide. This is not the only weapon of choice, they have another one: raising interest rate. At this stage, after borrowing insane sums of money on an unseen scale, the whole world is running on debt which cannot be repayed. Almost every institution, bank and business have active loans that they are already struggling to repay. When the FED further increases interest rates, those business will collapse as they have to pay back even more than previously. And what happens when large institutions and banks collapse? They drag all others down with it, thus due to the interconnectivity of global commerce basically everything. This will in turn trigger more liquidations while nobody is there to buy the falling knife. Oh no, I believe at this stage of madness we will not be able to hinder such a meltdown by any means. The banks tried it in 2009, and they managed to support falling prices with inflationary injections. I am talking about firing up the printing press and support the economy with that fresh money to avoid a total collapse. It worked, but since they have printed parabolic amounts of new fiat in recent years follwing that 09 crash, this option is no longer really available. Besides, we have not learned anything from the 08/09 crisis and things look significantly worse today than a decade ago. Once panic kicks in, there will be no buyers whatsoever, and prices will melt down globally. We do not know where it will end, and whether it will recover, but there is multiple scenarios that i deem as relatively realistic in this regard, although i will cover only the following in this article, others in due time.

1) Global Markets will melt down

In the case of a severe collapse that does not quickly recover, the system will quickly become unfunctional for a long long time. If you think it further, banks and businesses collapsing means not getting fiat at your bank, nor buying stuff you need. No proper transportation, what about supply of water and electricity? Uncertain. What is sure is that if 90% of businesses are forced out of the economy because they cannot pay back the loans they took, no one is going to work as nobody can afford workers anymore. When they feel the impact on their personal life due to shortage in water, food or electricty, they will be at their families trying to provide instead of going to work when they are not getting paid. Just look at what happened in Venezuela. If you think that is the other side of the world and has nothing to do with us, think again. We have witnessed the same stuff in Weimar and many other occasions. Collapsing fiat is nothing out of the ordinary, in fact it is rather normal. Every single fiat currency that has been used has finally collapsed to its real value, which is the value of the paper it is printed on.

Yet while we have 100% proof that every single existing fiat currency has gone to zero, we are not ready to accept that those we maintain in our world today will share the same fate eventually. Are you prepared?

If you have no idea what is happening in an economic meltdown, I encourage you to study the Venezuela case. If you are in crypto, chances are you waste a lot of time scanning charts that don’t move and scrolling through Twitter. Spend your time more wisely, acquire information that are crucial for what is inevitably coming. Trusting on Crypto is nice, but a gamble in a world so unstable politically and economically. If the electricity grid goes offline as a consequence of everything colliding, there is no crypto no more. Albeit unpleasant, I encourage you to think about it and take appropiate measures so you have a solid foundation of knowledge for the new Age following that turbulent time. Because the old system needs to go so we have the opportunity to create a better one.
    UNQUOTE

There is more specifics on markets in the full Article here; https://cryptoyoda1338.wordpress.com...mpression=true

Love to you all
    Peter
    Last edited by Watching from Cyprus; 29th March 2018 at 11:50.
    Short Term memory infected/defect. Watching, feeling and recording since i recall. Recording for some one/thing else !
    I care about the earth, and despise greed.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Watching from Cyprus For This Post:

Bruno (29th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (30th March 2018), onawah (31st March 2018), ThePythonicCow (29th March 2018)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Justplain (here)
    I would say that transfering assets into useful real estate is a realistic way to hedge against global financial collapse.
    Unfortunately, most real estate is now purchased using debt, so the price paid goes up, as the interest rate goes down (since most of the repayment is interest on the debt, and since the highest bidder will be the one who can borrow the most.)

Real estate will continue to have value (unless and except when it is repossessed by the elite bastards for "national parks", infrastructure, Agenda 21 compliance or other excuses), however paying $500,000 or $1,000,000 for a piece of property that will have a market value of perhaps $100,000 or $200,000 after the 30 year bubble in US Dollar debt collapses, the US Dollar loses value, inflation spikes, and the economy collapses ... is not a very good way to preserve one's real net worth.

I'd recommend to arrange one's housing to have as little connection with debt as practical, either owed to others, or others owing to you.

Along with that, I'd recommend arranging one's affairs to require as little cash outflow as practical to maintain the standard of living that one can sustain without excessive stress.

Happiness is (will soon be) a positive cash flow, owning what one needs, and owing or being owed by as little as possible to as few as possible.
    100% spot on.. Only an idiot will recommend to buy "useful real-estate" unless it was meant as to be paid for without a mortgage and used for i.e. farming.. sorry to be harsh in the words, but too many people just throw out some nonsense because his or her dad most probably said so "The only inflation safe investment is and have always been real-estate". Sorry mate your dad was wrong.

Agricultural land with access to fresh water well is what is wise to buy... Not as a projected investment asset expected to be sold with profits after the next crises, as the world we know now, will be no more. Land is then for the use of shelter and food production for your self and your family and for whoever passes by.. There will be many.

Physical Silver is the best choice of money to get now. Soon there will be no more Silver available. Rounds or Bars in various weights/sizes should be considered.

Time to get ready

Love
    Peter
    Last edited by Watching from Cyprus; 29th March 2018 at 12:22.
    Short Term memory infected/defect. Watching, feeling and recording since i recall. Recording for some one/thing else !

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Watching from Cyprus For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (30th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (30th March 2018), onevoice (30th March 2018), ThePythonicCow (29th March 2018)

25. Link to Post #33
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Watching from Cyprus (here)
    ... because his or her dad most probably said so "The only inflation safe investment is and have always been real-estate". Sorry mate your dad was wrong.
    Well, that dad "was" right, in the US anyway. For the last thirty years, US interest rates have been in a long term decline, which caused the price of real estate to be in a long term rise (with some dramatic peaks and valleys along the way.)

But that dad probably "will be" wrong for the next decade, as interest rates rise from the lowest in recorded history, to high or very high levels, which, barring even more serious inflation of the money supply, will force great declines in the nominal prices of real estate, and in any case force great declines in the inflation adjusted prices.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th March 2018), onawah (31st March 2018), onevoice (30th March 2018), Watching from Cyprus (29th March 2018)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Zionbrion (here)
    I wanted to share this blog post I just read, it goes right along with what you are saying Paul, there is some nice charting explanations as well.

Fellow Readers,

This time is different.

Continue reading at : https://cryptoyoda1338.wordpress.com...mpression=true
    Sorry Mate, I didn't notice that you also quoted same article . I am glad you found it too ;-)

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Watching from Cyprus For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (16th September 2018), Flash (29th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (30th March 2018), ThePythonicCow (29th March 2018), Zionbrion (31st March 2018)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Watching from Cyprus (here)
    ... because his or her dad most probably said so "The only inflation safe investment is and have always been real-estate". Sorry mate your dad was wrong.
    Well, that dad "was" right, in the US anyway. For the last thirty years, US interest rates have been in a long term decline, which caused the price of real estate to be in a long term rise (with some dramatic peaks and valleys along the way.)

But that dad probably "will be" wrong for the next decade, as interest rates rise from the lowest in recorded history, to high or very high levels, which, barring even more serious inflation of the money supply, will force great declines in the nominal prices of real estate, and in any case force great declines in the inflation adjusted prices.
    I am pointing out that Mom and Dad and Grandma and Granddad were good in their days at old household advises like the usefulness of Vinegar for health or cleaning issues etc, but economy they did not have a clue about as they never knew how money was created. The Ponzi Scheme it is, and themselves being unknowingly fully controlled slaves, but that unknowing, i think gave them more moments of happiness than we have today, because we (or I do) know what kind of forces who controls us and have done so since "Once Upon A Time" LONG ago.

But in general and as per a layman's understanding you are right Paul. We leave it there with a Joke i heard the other day;

A man calls his doctor;

Man : Doctor, I have a problem.
    Doctor : Tell me
    Man : You see, every morning precisely at 8 i make poop
    Doctor : I dont undertand...why is that a problem
    Man : Because i sleep till 9

Happy Easter Bunny
    Last edited by Watching from Cyprus; 29th March 2018 at 12:53.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Watching from Cyprus For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (16th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (30th March 2018), ThePythonicCow (29th March 2018)

31. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,481 times in 1,331 posts

I don’t think this is related to a coming depression but it may well be (I am not well versed in economics and finance)... I posted it in the global economic reset thread but it may have a bearing here too:

Quote Posted by Searcher (here)
    A Gold-linked dollar bill has just been presented in the USA Congress – H.R. 5404 - by Representative Alexander X. Mooney of West Virginia
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...04/actions?r=4
    Last edited by Cara; 30th March 2018 at 06:19.
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (16th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (30th March 2018), Watching from Cyprus (29th March 2018)

33. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

You may be a prophet.

34. Link to Post #38
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I don’t think this is related to a coming depression but it may well be (I am not well versed in economics and finance)... I posted it in the global economic reset thread but it may have a bearing here too:

A Gold-linked dollar bill has just been presented in the USA Congress – H.R. 5404 - by Representative Alexander X. Mooney of West Virginia
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...04/actions?r=4
    As of the time of my posting this, the text of this bill has not yet been posted on the congressional website at the above link. We just have the title and sponsor, Rep. Mooney.

I don't believe that the US any longer has most of the 8000 tons of gold that it claims to have, so I don't see any way that what is suggested in the title of this bill, "To define the dollar as a fixed weight of gold", could mean anything useful. If we Americans cannot freely exchange between paper Dollar bills for the "defined" value of gold, then what does it matter what some Federal Law "defines" ?

But the name of the sponsor, Rep "Mooney" is appropriate ... just a letter away from "Money". .

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (16th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (30th March 2018), onawah (31st March 2018), onevoice (31st March 2018), Watching from Cyprus (30th March 2018)

36. Link to Post #39
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

.....I've been making doom and gloom forecasts for probably 10 or 20 years now, and I've been wrong almost 100% of the time. Perhaps my (abysmal) track record will continue.
    Glad you added this, I won't bother looking up the last doomsday scenario for which the Trump first year deadline has past, right?

If you're going to keep repeating these, I'll keep repeating my response.

NO greedy globalist is willing to jeopardize whichever cash cow they've spent years manipulating into the position it is now.

If there is a great depression people won't have the money to buy their anythings.

What IS happening is a gigantic expansion, updating and investment boom right now by globalist insiders planning on getting big future returns for these efforts.

If there was a collapse, people would instantly band together, get creative and figure out how to get along and survive without them.

Therefore, i predict will be no global depression or US depression or dollar collapse as you characterize it because it does not benefit those able to perpetrate one.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (16th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (30th March 2018), onevoice (30th March 2018)

38. Link to Post #40
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Fundamentally, this entire fiasco is about exploitation, ie. capitalism. But that is just it's most recent and most successful manifestation. The game has been the same since the beginning of recorded history. And it is the only possible game for a social animal capable of reflective consciousness. It is the old division of labor game. What they hide from us, and anyone who uncovers it gets labelled Marxist or worst, is that there is only one class that creates tangible wealth - the worker. There was a time when almost everyone was a worker creating tangible wealth. Nowadays it is a rare commodity - and it is seen as lowly and undesirable work.

Yet it is this class who still creates, despite what anyone might say to the contrary. Everything in the world was made by this class and everything ever made will be made by this same class.

The game is to never let this class know their importance or their absolute necessity. And the game is to convince this class to perform their work at a fraction of its worth, or value, so the unproductive classes can continue to exist.

But as the population grows the percentage of workers continues to decline while the unproductive classes continues to increase. This disproportion is easily verified by our school systems that are churning out useless degrees for the masses sanctioning more unproductive jobs at the expense of the worker. The only place to find wealth is with the worker's production so it must be the worker who pays in the form of stagnated pay increases, erosion of benefits, higher taxes, destruction of organized worker's unions, and even often longer hours.

Meanwhile the unproductive classes continue to see increases and other related wealth bonuses.

Since all wealth comes from the work performed in the physical realm, and since more workers perform work creating zero wealth, merely being value added employ, another method had to be invented to steal the wealth of the worker. This was the age of credit, where the question how much credit are you worth became the meme of the day. And easy money resulted. A vaulting economy ran rampant and the stock markets saw impossible increases. People suddenly had access to huge amounts of previously inaccessible funds. And they began a bidding war that continues today, outbidding each other in a banker's most outlandish wet dream.

All this while the worker works, creating tangible goods. His wage did not keep pace but he gets up every day and rubs his sore muscles and gets back to creating more for his fellow man. Her factory floor job pays the same as thirty years ago. Their job increases come from service jobs with low pay and no mobility created for the convenience of those who stole the fruits of their labor.

The job today of inventing further complications to hide the obvious fall prey to inquiring minds who can follow the labyrinth of lies to its obvious conclusion.

The bubble is gonna burst!

And it won't be the multi-million dollar portfolio that is going to save you, or your crypto-currency, or even your brand new car, TV, toaster, insert fav here, trinket. It will be the worker getting up and going to work despite everything that saves the day. And suddenly there are going to be a lot of workers available...

What happens then is anyone's guess.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (16th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (30th March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 7 LastLast