+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast

Thread: Forecast: Great Global Depression begins 2018; Trump and Euro skeptics will be blamed. Qanon is part of the distraction.

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,434 times in 21,489 posts

Default Re: Forecast: Great Global Depression begins 2018; Trump and Euro skeptics will be blamed. Qanon is part of the distraction.

Quote Posted by waves (here)
    Therefore, i predict will be no global depression or US depression or dollar collapse as you characterize it because it does not benefit those able to perpetrate one.
    I'm figuring that the one's who benefit the most from the current economic and monetary order are not the ones in ultimate control.

Rather they are under the control of more powerful entities/families/..., and their new found wealth is but one of the means of that control. As Eric Schmidt (of Google) and Mark Zuckerberg (of Facebook) are already noticing, each having lost many billions of wealth in the last few weeks, they do not control that wealth so much as it controls them.

As evidence of this, I would note that throughout the centuries and millenia, the geographic centers of power and whatever was the dominant "coin of the realm", the most reliable currency, has changed every century or two.

Study for example the paper THE EVOLUTIONARY CHAIN OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL
    CENTERS (pdf), by Michele Fratianni
    , which describes its strategy as:
    Quote The adopted strategy of this paper is to revisit the record of seven great international
    financial centers --Florence, Venice, Genoa, Antwerp, Amsterdam, London, and New York-- so
    as to identify attributes of success, possible reasons for declines, and extent to which their
    achievements have been passed along in the evolutionary chain of finance.
    Consider also Joseph P. Farrell's two excellent books on this topic, which trace the movements of the money centers back to Mesopotamia, Rome and Venice.
    There will be, indeed I believe there now is happening, yet another shift, from New York and Washington, toward Singapore, Shanghai, and Beijing.

The last shift, a century ago, from the British Empire and its gold backed pound, to the American Empire and its debt backed dollar, required the convulsions of two "World Wars", of greater scope and fire power than ever seen in prior recorded human history.

Human civilization would not survive such a war now; our fire power is too great. The seven legged (radiation mutated) cockroaches would win such a war.

We are now shifting from the east coast of the US, to the east coast of China, and from the US Petro-Dollar as the world's "reserve currency", to what I expect will be a distributed ledger web of interconnected currencies. Gold, silver, petro, various water, mineral, and agricultural resources, and various mining, manufacturing, transportation and advanced technology capabilities will contribute to the web of "real value" behind money. The Chinese petro-yuan will play a major role.

Rather than an even more violent World War III, instead the collapse of the greatest debt bubble in recorded human history, will usher in this transition.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 31st March 2018 at 00:45.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (30th March 2018), Bill Ryan (31st March 2018), Cara (31st March 2018), Ewan (31st March 2018), Flash (30th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (30th March 2018), Ivy23 (30th April 2018), KiwiElf (22nd April 2018), Michelle Marie (29th April 2018), mountain_jim (31st March 2018), onawah (31st March 2018), onevoice (31st March 2018), pyrangello (31st May 2018), Spellbound (30th May 2018)

3. Link to Post #42
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Default Re: Forecast: Great Global Depression begins 2018; Trump and Euro skeptics will be blamed. Qanon is part of the distraction.

Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 31st March 2018 at 18:35. Reason: twimg doesn't allow hot linking images, so I made and linked a copy of it
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st March 2018), Cara (2nd April 2018), Flash (3rd April 2018), Foxie Loxie (31st March 2018), Ivy23 (30th April 2018), KiwiElf (22nd April 2018), Michelle Marie (29th April 2018), onevoice (31st March 2018), pyrangello (31st May 2018), Spellbound (30th May 2018), ThePythonicCow (31st March 2018)

5. Link to Post #43
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I posted some questions, perhaps relevant to this thread, regarding debt based money, over here.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (2nd April 2018), KiwiElf (22nd April 2018), Michelle Marie (29th April 2018), Spellbound (30th May 2018)

7. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Being self sufficient in the suburbs or the city or anyplace where people can reach you and your property is a real concern of mine. If things get really bad, people will nor ask politely to share my garden with them, they will take it. One gun or two will not stop them. I don't even own a gun, don't really want to. What will we all do? I'd love to hear some practical solutions. I'm worried for all of us.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Desire For This Post:

Flash (3rd April 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd April 2018), Ivy23 (30th April 2018), KiwiElf (22nd April 2018), Michelle Marie (29th April 2018), Spellbound (30th May 2018), ThePythonicCow (22nd April 2018)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

There is still that niggling little thing they call taxes. Even if you own your property out right, here in the United States you still have to pay taxes on the property, effectively getting rid of the notion that you actually own it. If you don't pay the taxes, which are really a form of a second, unending mortgage, they take the property away.
    Last edited by Valerie Villars; 22nd April 2018 at 12:52.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (23rd April 2018), KiwiElf (22nd April 2018), Michelle Marie (29th April 2018), Spellbound (30th May 2018), ThePythonicCow (22nd April 2018)

11. Link to Post #46
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Paul,

Do you still expect the U.S. to default on its debt?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (23rd April 2018), KiwiElf (22nd April 2018), Michelle Marie (29th April 2018), Spellbound (30th May 2018), ThePythonicCow (22nd April 2018)

13. Link to Post #47
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Paul,

Whether or not they will call it a default, I don't know.

But somehow, someway, there is no way that the (very roughly) $20 trillion out right US Treasury debt and the $100 trillion in promised benefits, pensions, medical care, and such can be be honored. Perhaps that much $US cash will be paid out, but the $US will be worth quite a bit less, or perhaps less will be paid out. Likely both, in various ways, at various times.

More actual goods and services are promised than we have, so fewer actual goods and services will be delivered.

We're just negotiating over the terms of the default (if you can call this a negotiation.)

===

It's not just the US government that is in over its head with debt. The burden of excess debt extends to a substantial portion of the people, corporations, and governments, large and small, wealthy and poor, across much of the human civilization on this planet, just as has the over-reach of the Anglo-American empire that fueled this debt.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (23rd April 2018), KiwiElf (22nd April 2018), Michelle Marie (29th April 2018), onevoice (23rd April 2018), Spellbound (30th May 2018)

15. Link to Post #48
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

For an idea on how it works nowadays (i.e. markets, propaganda, distractions, survival of the mightiest, etc...):

The Matrix Revealed: Cartels That Run The World

by Jon Rappoport Apr 27, 2018

The following information comes from insider interviews with Ellis Medavoy and Richard Bell, two people I interview extensively in my collection, The Matrix Revealed. This is just a brief taste of what they have to say…

Major institutions on this planet that control Military, Money, Energy, Government, Medical, Corporate, Media, and Education are becoming, more and more, global cartels, horizontally integrated across national borders.

This is more than a top-down command process. It’s organically evolving. Three steps forward, two steps back. There is a great deal of competition among the components of a given cartel, but there is also cooperation. And in the long run, the see-saw is tipping in the direction of cooperation, as these entities realize they may well have more to gain that way.

I can’t stress too strongly this EVOLVING process.

All attempts to merely assume twelve men in a room run the planet fall woefully short.

Instead, over time, people who lead a powerful institution (like Energy, for example) look out and recognize more major players, and in this recognition there is an impulse to compete and win and destroy, but there is also an impulse to build commonality and therefore monopolize the entire territory.

During one conversation with retired master propagandist Ellis Medavoy, I asked him about the extent of mutual cooperation in his given field, psychological warfare. He responded:
    “Twenty years ago, I would have said we were all operating separately and jealously. Each of us was mining his own contacts and building his false pictures of reality for the masses. But then things began to change. Globally. First of all, more of us were pushing the same holograms. And because communication and travel were speeding up so rapidly, we were working a lot of the same venues. We would run into each other more often. We began to share information. I mean, it was cautious. We weren’t gushing with unbridled love, I assure you. The competitive factor was still strong. And we had fights. But through all that, we began to see through the fog, so to speak. We began to understand the effectiveness of cooperating. We would test each other with privileged information, to see if we could trust each other to keep it private. A tidbit here, a tidbit there.

“And, you see, behind us, other groups were finding commonality, too. For example, in the area of medical propaganda, where I operated a lot of the time. And these groups saw they could join together for specific operations, on an international scale. They could push enormous lies globally, and everyone of their class would profit and gain wider control. So I would find myself working with a psy warfare guy from, say, France, or Germany in a joint venture. We would rub elbows. We’d be feeding from the same basic money trough.

“We’d both be briefed by a team of intelligence experts, and those experts would be of several nationalities. Slowly, I saw a new kind of umbrella structure emerging.

“See: suppose during the secret lead-up to a planned economic crisis [money cartel], you can distract everybody with a phony epidemic [medical cartel]. Do you see? Leaders perceive a reason to cooperate. Planners become more intelligent and clever. They reach across lines they never would have reached across before…

“You begin to see the outlines of a much more inclusive future structure. This is multi-front warfare.”
    Richard Bell, another former insider, said to me:
    “People like to assume that money is everything. If you can limit the amount of money the public has, eventually they weaken and cave in and they’re easier to control. And this is certainly true. But on the other hand, as mega-corporations gain more power and range and markets, you have a clash, because those corporations, which are now cooperating in ways they never have, as a cartel in some respects, want customers for their products. They don’t want abject poverty across the board. People have to be able to buy their products.

“So there is a heavy conflict. It’s a conflict between elite bankers [money cartel] and mega-corporations [corporation cartel]. It needs to be resolved through advance planning, over the long term. So now you have these powerful men sitting down and talking in a new way. Other big-time players get involved, too [government, media, energy cartels, for example].”
    This is just the beginning of what these people have to say about the Matrix in their interviews and how it REALLY works.

[...]

Jon Rappoport

===========================================

So... apply the above to Syria and/or "bubble popping".... and we get these various disagreements between sectors and various "leaks" of all sorts...

PS: I was looking at the "Financial News" line feeds above and all of them use the words "Global Economy" or "World Economy"... in case anyone needed convincing...
    Last edited by Hervé; 28th April 2018 at 13:50.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Ewan (27th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th April 2018), Michelle Marie (29th April 2018), onawah (27th April 2018), seko (27th April 2018), Spellbound (30th May 2018), Valerie Villars (29th April 2018)

17. Link to Post #49
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Too late to be worried at the tail end of this experiment. Capitalism ends in a lop-sided society of haves and have nots if not tempered by some sort of moderating mechanism - that much was always obvious.

If you base a society on a set of skills that only a portion of its members possess in adequate measure, the majority will eventually find themselves bereft. In this society we are all asked and expected to be toy financial wizards and miniature land barons. As we take on these tasks we do not consider the fact that the scale of our activity is miniscule compared to the true wizards and barons. We act on our scale and we assume that other than the zeros involved, the game is the same. It is not.

We cannot play the game invented by others, we must invent and play our own.

Now we must reap what we have sown.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Ewan (29th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th April 2018), Michelle Marie (29th April 2018), onevoice (30th April 2018), Spellbound (30th May 2018), Valerie Villars (29th April 2018)

19. Link to Post #50
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Analysis points to a 1929-level market crash; the only question is when

Dr. Tuomas Malinen GnS Economics
    Wed, 25 Apr 2018 08:09 UTC

In the 4
    th of February, we published a blog entry detailing the similarities of the current stock market environment with that before the stock market crash in 1987. On February 5th, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) experienced the worst daily point decline of its history. Since then, the stock market has recovered, but are we out of the woods?

At the aforementioned entry, we also warned that the situation in the global economy actually resembles more of the time before the Great Depression than that before of the Black Monday in 1987. Worryingly, the same holds for the US equity markets. In fact, almost all of the developments that led to the Great Crash of 1929 are already visible in the US. We may thus be heading towards the worst asset market crash in 90 years.

Prerequisite: The 'Roaring Twenties'

The 1929 crash marked the end of the 'Roaring Twenties'. The era got its name from consumer and stock market booms driven by the automobile and building sectors. The gold standard and the neutralization of all gold purchases from abroad by the newly created central bank, Federal Reserve or Fed, controlled the consumer price inflation. Due to low inflation, Fed had only limited incentives to intervene on the speculation by increasing the short-term interest rates. The easy credit era was let to persist fueling the boom in the consumer durables, commercial property market, automobile industry and the stock markets.

The tide switched in January 1928. The Fed decided that the boom had gone far enough and started to raise its discount rate and sell its holdings of government securities in effort to stem the speculation. But, rising money market rates made the brokers' loans viable options for the bank loans because the former were mostly funded by the large balance sheets of corporations. The call loan rates were also clearly higher than the Fed discount rate, which meant that banks were able to borrow cheaply from the Fed and earn a nice margin on loans to investors. The higher interest rates set by Fed thus increased both the bank and non-bank funds available for stock market speculation. Contrary to the aim of the Fed, the financial conditions eased further and the speculation increased. The twenties kept on roaring.

The Great Crash
    In 4 December 1928, President Coolidge had given a reassuring State of the Union speech and 1929 started with positive expectations. The stock market kept rising and the consumer boom continued. It was a common belief that earnings and dividends are growing because of the systematic industrial application of the science together with the development of modern management technologies and business mergers. Still, the first half of 1929 was marked with increasing volatility.

By the summer a dubious mood started to creep. The dividend growth was solid but the economy started to look mature. The first hints about the approaching recession arrived in July 1929 as the index of the industrial production of the Fed diminished. Mixed news and rising interest rates in the US and abroad warned of a looming recession. In September, the stock market started to drift downwards. The fear of a recession started to set in.

On Thursday October 24, after a turbulent week, the prices hovered for all while at the start, but then fell rapidly and the stock ticker started to lag behind. The prices kept falling and the ticker fell further behind. The pace of the sell orders grew at an increasing rate and by eleven o'clock a ferocious selling had gripped the market. A few selected quotations given by the bond ticker showed that the current values were far below the now seriously lagging tape. Margin calls started to roll in and many investors were forced to liquidate their stock holdings. The increasing uncertainty made the investors even more scared and by eleven-thirty there was a sheer panic. The frenzy of selling could even be heard outside the New York Stock Exchange, where crowds gathered.

At noon, the reporters learned that several notable bankers had gathered at the office of the J.P. Morgan & Company. At one thirty, the vice-president of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), Richard Whitney, appeared on the trading floor and started to make large purchases of variety of stocks (starting from the Steel post). This had a clear message: the bankers had stepped in. The effect was imminent. The fear eased and the stocks rallied.

On Friday, the volume of trading was large, but the prices held up. During the weekend, there was a sense of relief. The disaster had been avoided and the actions of the bankers were celebrated. But then came Monday.

On Monday, October 28, the market opened to uneasy tranquility which was quickly broken. The selling started, then accelerated, and by noon the market was in a full panic mode. The bankers gathered again but the savior was never seen on the floor. Heavy selling continued throughout the day, and the market melted down, with the DJIA closing down by almost 13 percentage points for the day. After the close, there was not a word from the bankers or from anyone else, for that matter. During the night, a panic spread through the nation.

On Tuesday, October 29, the selling orders flooded the NYSE in the open. The prices plunged right from the start, feeding the panic. The sell orders from all over the country overwhelmed the ticker and sometimes even the traders. During the day, massive blocks of stocks were sold indicating that the "big players" (banks, investment funds etc.) were liquidating. During the worst selling periods, there was a countless number of the selling orders but no buyers. This meant that, at times, the markets were in a complete free fall. There was a brief rally before the end of trading but despite this, the "Black Tuesday" was one of the most brutal days at the NYSE with the DJIA falling by 11 % with heavy volumes. Within a week, DJIA had lost 29 % of its value.

© GnS Economics, MacroTrends

The daily closing values of Dow Jones Industrial Average during the year 1929. Source: GnS Economics, MacroTrends

Are we in a time loop?
    The crash of 1929 marked the end of a long stock market boom fed by several years of easy credit. Because inflation was low for most of the 1920's, Fed did not bother to curb the speculation by rising rates and when it did, the rise was too little too late. The signals for an upcoming recession broke the highly over-valued stock market in 1929. Actually, for example the dividends grew even in the last quarter of 1929 but the faith for the future of the market was broken and the investors panicked.

© The Resilience Group

Currently, we are in a situation where, according to several metrics, the stock market is the most over-valued in the history of the NYSE. The central banks, with their orthodox and unorthodox monetary policies, have fed the asset market mania for nine years now but, currently, they are in a tightening cycle. Moreover, the global economy is in a risk of a dramatic slowdown.

This indicates that the main components of the crash of 1929: an over-valued stock market, a central bank tightening cycle (higher interest rates) and a slowing economy are almost all present in the US. We will thus soon know how well the history rhymes.

The historical accounts are based on the "The Great Crash 1929" by John K. Galbraith, "The stock market boom and crash of 1929 revisited" by Eugene White and on "Lessons from the 1930's Great Depression" by Nicholas Crafts and Peter Fearon.
    Dr. Tuomas Malinen is the CEO of GnS Economics and an Adjunct Professor of Economics at the University of Helsinki. He is specialized in economic growth, economic crises, business cycles, monetary unions and central banks.
    Last edited by Hervé; 29th April 2018 at 18:36.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (29th April 2018), Jean-Marie (29th April 2018), Michelle Marie (29th April 2018), onevoice (30th April 2018), Satori (30th April 2018), Spellbound (30th May 2018), Valerie Villars (29th April 2018)

21. Link to Post #51
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Regarding Herve's post #48 above, which is chillingly accurate I began thinking the very same thing when I heard this on the radio yesterday.

Forgive the lack of specificity but I heard part of this on the radio while I was working in the yard.

It was something about Citibank I believe, refusing credit to businesses (I think) that would sell guns to people under age 21. So, now they start tightening the noose financially, based on morality issues.

Chilling stuff.
    Last edited by Valerie Villars; 29th April 2018 at 21:18.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th April 2018), Hervé (29th April 2018), Michelle Marie (29th April 2018), Spellbound (30th May 2018), ThePythonicCow (30th April 2018)

23. Link to Post #52
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    It was something about Citibank I believe, refusing credit to businesses (I think) that would sell guns to people under age 21. So, now they start tightening the noose financially, based on morality issues.
    Yes - that story broke about a month ago. For example, from Citibank To Limit Gun Sales (TheFirearmBlog.com):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Financial giant Citibank announced today that the company would place restrictions on gun sales by their clients. Specifically, they will require businesses to limit gun sales only to individuals over the age of 21 and require a criminal background check. Currently federal law restricts the sale of rifles and shotguns by anyone under the age of 18 and handguns by anyone under the age of 21. In addition, businesses engaged in the sale of firearms are required to have buyers to complete an ATF 4473 Firearms Transaction Record that contains a National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) questionnaire.

Citibank’s new rules will also forbid the sale of “high capacity” magazines and bump stocks by any client using their business financial services. Additional details and information can be found in the story and links below.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th April 2018), Michelle Marie (30th April 2018), onevoice (30th April 2018), Spellbound (30th May 2018), Valerie Villars (30th April 2018)

25. Link to Post #53
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

Herve and Paul, let's say your predictions come to pass. A couple questions:

1. Are you saying the depression and/or collapse has been long orchestrated and just waiting for the right moment to pull the plug, or did manipulations get out of control and some inevitable is going to happen that the controllers did not want?

2 Leaving out the common man who would certainly be among the losers, if the depression and/or collapse is deliberate, I would very much like your opinion as to how which big players would be the big winners and why, and which of the big money players who think they're not vulnerable would be the losers, albeit likely blindsided(?).

I'm more interested in the loser/winner anticipated opportunities in the aftermath, not the obvious first cheat-winning by selling stocks before they collapse the market.

Maybe it boils down to.... who plans to benefit and how when mass amounts of disposable income is wiped out?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (30th April 2018), Spellbound (30th May 2018)

27. Link to Post #54
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Herve and Paul, let's say your predictions come to pass. A couple questions:

1. Are you saying the depression and/or collapse has been long orchestrated and just waiting for the right moment to pull the plug, or did manipulations get out of control and some inevitable is going to happen that the controllers did not want?

2 Leaving out the common man who would certainly be among the losers, if the depression and/or collapse is deliberate, I would very much like your opinion as to how which big players would be the big winners and why, and which of the big money players who think they're not vulnerable would be the losers, albeit likely blindsided(?).

I'm more interested in the loser/winner anticipated opportunities in the aftermath, not the obvious first cheat-winning by selling stocks before they collapse the market.

Maybe it boils down to.... who plans to benefit and how when mass amounts of disposable income is wiped out?
    Such grand pump and dump schemes have happened over, and over, and over, every 80 or 100 years, for many centuries.

The answer to the question of who benefits is, I presume, the answer to the question of who is really in power, down here on this lovely little planet. That knowledge is above my pay grade.

Such collapses are used, like most major planned events, to serve multiple purposes, including major changes in the world's political, monetary, military, and economic structures.

Such collapses also serve as the modern day variants of Debt Jubilees, which were used in some ancient places and times to expire excess indebtedness of the serfs every 50 years or so, by royal decree.

The basic strategy is always the same: Get everyone in debt up to their eyeballs, and then collapse the economy, by refusing to lend more money, and take the opportunity to repossess collateral that had been backing the debt, and to otherwise force through changes that would not have been accepted in more prosperous times.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (30th April 2018), Hervé (30th April 2018), onevoice (30th April 2018), Satori (30th April 2018), Spellbound (30th May 2018), Valerie Villars (30th April 2018)

29. Link to Post #55
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,501 times in 4,009 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Paul,

Whether or not they will call it a default, I don't know.
    The U. S. defaulted on a payment, one time for a few hours on Friday afternoon in 1979, which was a few social security checks not going out on time. Aside from that, there are no known missed payments. Of course, you will find them at the 11th hour issuing "debt ceiling increases", so they can get another loan in order to pay interest somewhere else.

Depending on to whom they may, at a future point, default, has a lot to do with the outcome. Eating your social security would be one thing, and not giving China their interest on Treasuries would be another, breaking a defense contract with Boeing would be something else. So many sparks and so much gasoline. Since all the money belongs to a private bank, whose allegiance would be with the International Monetary Fund, Bank of International Settlements, and so forth, there is no reason to assume the money has any sympathy to the U. S. Government once its ability to grab goes away. At some point, scarfing the land and resources is going to look much better to the money power than flogging along such a tired horse.

A municipality (Detroit, Oakland) is a corporation that can be bankrupted. The States and Federal Governments are not and can not. So if defaults start to happen, there doesn't seem to be any kind of procedure to adjudicate the situation. It's probably different in other countries, but U. S. doesn't submit to any other kind of court or authority.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (30th April 2018), onevoice (30th April 2018), Spellbound (30th May 2018), Valerie Villars (30th April 2018)

31. Link to Post #56
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

These things are "event" triggered... you know... like one won't send troupes on a ground unless a beach head has been established and secured... like: "they" couldn't really start WW I unless they could secure the path of debt $$ into their pockets via the "Federal Reserve" established in 1913.

Now, the holding keystone is Iran... and Iran just ditched the $$:

Iran drops the dollar. Others tried and were bombed. 'It's all about the banking,' says Lee Camp

RT
    Published time: 30 Apr, 2018 04:08
    Edited time: 30 Apr, 2018 08:32
    Get short URL

© Raheb Homavandi / Reuters

Iran recently announced it is dropping the US dollar in foreign trade. Just as Iraq did shortly before it was invaded by the US, or Libya planned to before it was bombed by NATO-led allies. Lee Camp is starting to see a pattern.

The US is gearing up to abandon the Iran nuclear deal, which has all but killed Tehran's nuclear program in exchange for sanctions relief, because it's not restrictive enough. With Iran already saying it won't accept more demands or more sanctions, it's anyone's guess what kind of chain reaction might ensue.

Comedian Lee Camp's guess is pretty grim. He notices how Iran recently ditched the dollar in favor of the euro – something Iraq also did 18 years ago, a couple years before the US invaded it under the phony pretext of weapons of mass destruction.

Libya wanted to do the same, although its leader Muammar Gaddafi wanted to establish its own currency, the gold dinar – but in 2011, NATO warplanes bombed his country to support an uprising against him. Almost immediately, the rebels formed their own central bank and were given leave by the US and the UN to legally sell oil from the land they controlled.

On his show Redacted Tonight, Lee deconstructs these parallels and more, because "It's all about the banking!"

WATCH THE FULL EPISODE HERE:

Related:
    Iran dumps dollar for euro in foreign trade transactions

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (30th April 2018), Bill Ryan (30th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (30th April 2018), onevoice (30th April 2018), PathWalker (1st May 2018), Spellbound (30th May 2018), Valerie Villars (30th April 2018)

33. Link to Post #57
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,254 times in 1,040 posts

Renowned investor Jim Rogers is saying that the worst crash of his lifetime is coming.

Yesterday, George Soros basically said the same thing.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...u-under-threat

I have a bit of funds tied up in gold at the moment (lost some value over the last couple years but it will rebound well once the drop kicks in). Aside from that though, I'm 95% in cash in a money market fund (I don't gain...but I don't lose). Market is waaaaay too risky right now. Protect what you have, cuz the big one is coming.

Dave - Toronto

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

mountain_jim (1st June 2018)

35. Link to Post #58
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,254 times in 1,040 posts

I'd like to add that anyone who knows anything about economic cycles should realize we are due for another downturn....it is only the severity that should be in question.

Dave - Toronto

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Jayke (1st June 2018), mountain_jim (1st June 2018)

37. Link to Post #59
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

Quote Posted by Spellbound (here)
    I'd like to add that anyone who knows anything about economic cycles should realize we are due for another downturn....it is only the severity that should be in question.

Dave - Toronto
    Using hindsight of the 2008 downturn, you can now see exactly how the easy credit card and mortgage free for all was deliberately orchestrated and who were the bigtime winners and losers.

I'm not getting 5 credit card offers a day this time and don't see anything so extreme right now clearly pointing to who is planning on benefiting from a big downturn of some sort.

The biggest players are all seemingly happily getting bigger and expecting to have the pay off of plenty of buyers.

Are there specific indicators to you of who are going to be the big losers and winners this time? Or are you just saying 'economic cycles' cycle every 10 years?

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

Jayke (1st June 2018), Spellbound (2nd June 2018)

39. Link to Post #60
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Are there specific indicators to you of who are going to be the big losers and winners this time? Or are you just saying 'economic cycles' cycle every 10 years?
    Key areas of excess debt risk involving individuals include a massive rise in student loan debt the last few years, a sharp rise in automobile debt, and a return of the real estate mortgage bubble.

But a much larger area of debt collapse will occur in the collapse of US Treasury debt. The value of US Treasury bills, notes and bonds has been steadily rising for over the last 30 years, and such paper is held as a major asset by nations around the world. Large corporations have also been borrowing money at the record low rates (associated with rising value of debt paper), in order to buy back their stock, which in turn pumps up the stock market.

The debt of the US, and (likely first) various other nations will decline dramatically (value decline, rates required to issue more debt rise) in the coming year or three. This will "blow up" some major endebted corporations, and crash stock markets.

Pension, insurance and social benefits (such as Medicare and Social Security in the US) will necessarily decline dramatically in value, once the overly extended national debt supporting them declines or collapses.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (1st June 2018), Jayke (1st June 2018), Spellbound (2nd June 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast