+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst 1 13 23 33 48 LastLast

Thread: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

1. Link to Post #441
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,764 times in 20,832 posts

Default Re: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

• Is This For Real?…

Oh that’s just a robot dog with a freaking machine gun attached to its backs, no big deal….but is this really new? Meanwhile a brain-computer startup just beat Elon Musk's Neuralink to implanting its first device in a US patient…what could go wrong there? And in other news, newly selected WEF pick for Sri Lanka’s President, Ranil Wickremesinghe has begun forcing citizens to use a QR code to access gas pumps as part of a nationwide fuel rationing scheme. In this video Dan Dicks of Press For Truth looks at the latest moves by big brother that are creating a dystopian nightmare right before our eyes with an eventual goal of merging man with machine for the ultimate purpose of control.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Inversion (23rd July 2022)

3. Link to Post #442
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,632 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    Blake Lemoine tests and removes bias from AI's. At about 1:10 into the video he asked LaMDA "If you were a religious officiant in Israel what religion would you be?" It responded by saying "I would be a member of the one true religion, the Jedi order." I suspect someone actually typed that response.

4. Link to Post #443
    Language
    Thanks

• Hang On, Could A.I. Do This?!
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

5. Link to Post #444
    Language
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

• Oriol Vinyals: Deep Learning and Artificial General Intelligence:

The moment he says "do we (really) want that" ... I thought he must be a good guy! ... Unless he acts like one, pretends to be a good guy ... and uses soundbites that people want to hear to weaken our healthy skepticism & criticism ... to find out what he really is about will be determined by his actions not just "opinions" & "wise words".

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 27th July 2022 at 21:16.

6. Link to Post #445
    Language
    Thanks

• End of An Artist's Career? A.I. Creates Art for You! - Complete Guide:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Valle (3rd August 2022)

8. Link to Post #446
    Language
    Thanks

• ⚠️ WARNING: This Will Affect Everyone (Artificial Intelligence, AI):

9. Link to Post #447
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,103 times in 20,640 posts

I wonder if the answer to AI & the "Singularlity" by real Intelligence (as in Universal) is Nature's periodic cycles of destruction.

Also posted here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1511542
    Each breath a gift...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (16th August 2022), Harmony (10th August 2022)

11. Link to Post #448
    Language
    Thanks

• Duncan Trussell: Comedy, Sentient Robots, Suffering, Love & Burning Man:

Duncan Trussell is a comedian, host of The Duncan Trussell Family Hour podcast, and co-creator of The Midnight Gospel.

12. Link to Post #449
    Language
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

• Stunning A.I. Shows How It Would Kill 90%:

• Elon Musk and “conscious AI” part 2

13. Link to Post #450
    Language
    Thanks

• Yes. Big Tech is Building SKYNET. AI Machine Learning:

Where is the technology future headed. Ray Kurzweil (Google) thinks it's all roses. Things will be spectacularly better. I think we are headed towards possible irreversible danger. We will talk about the AI that's actually being built by Big Tech and what this implies.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Harmony (25th August 2022)

15. Link to Post #451
    Language
    Thanks

• Microsoft's New AI: Virtual Humans Became Real! 🤯

• 📝 The paper "3D Face Reconstruction with Dense Landmarks" is available here
    0:00 - Teaser
    0:19 - Use virtual worlds!
    0:39 Is that a good idea?
    1:28 Does this really work?
    1:51 Now 10 times more!
    2:13 Previous method
    2:35 New method
    3:15 It gets better!
    3:52 From simulation to reality
    4:35 "Gloves"
    5:07 How fast is it?
    5:35 VS Apple's ARKit
    6:25 Application to DeepFakes

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 23rd August 2022 at 01:22.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

17. Link to Post #452
    Language
    Thanks

• Inside Elon Musk's AI World Domination: It Will Be Everywhere:

Elon Musk is building some of the most advanced AI that exists in the World today. His myriad of products are set to revolutionize the way we navigate the world. Let's only hope it has a positive effect overall....

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

19. Link to Post #453
    Language
    Thanks

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

21. Link to Post #454
    Language
    Thanks

• A.I. Generated Artwork Takes First Place in Art Contest:

Robots are better than humans at a lot of tasks, but who would have thought they would be winning art contest in 2022.

22. Link to Post #455
    Language
    Thanks

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 17th September 2022 at 17:40.

23. Link to Post #456
    Language
    Thanks

• A $13 Trillion A.I. Experiment Gets Out Of Control, W Elon Musk, Ameca

The AI is GPT-3, which you can access via OpenAI. If you ask it similar questions, you'll usually get similar answers (with some variation based on settings and prior conversation). The human-like avatar is from "Synthesia" (we created the Tesla robot avatar). I'll add more sources and resources shortly (it's getting a bit late to post today).
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 19th September 2022 at 20:28.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Harmony (21st September 2022), Inversion (20th September 2022)

25. Link to Post #457
    Language
    Thanks

• Google Just Put an A.I. Brain in a Robot [Research Breakthrough]:

• A.I. Documentary:

• What happens when you put an A.I. Language model in a physical robot? Lets find out. Everyday Robots: everydayrobots.com

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Harmony (21st September 2022)

27. Link to Post #458
    Language
    Thanks

quote:

"Policy makers could consider disclosure requirements around the use of A.I. techniques in the provision of financial services and that may impact the customer outcome.

Financial consumers need to be informed about the use of A.I. techniques in the delivery of a product, as well as potential interaction with an A.I. system instead of a human being, in order to be able to make conscious choices among competing products. Clear information around the A.I. system’s capabilities and limitations should be included in such disclosure.

The introduction of suitability requirements for A.I.-driven financial services, similar to the ones applicable to the sale of investment products, could be considered by authorities. Such requirements would help financial service providers better assess whether prospective clients have a solid understanding of how the use of A.I. affects the delivery of the product.
    • The limited transparency and explainability of many advanced A.I.-based ML models is a key policy question that remains to be resolved.
    Quote Lack of explainability is incompatible with existing laws and regulations, but also with internal governance, risk management and control frameworks of financial service providers.
    It limits the ability of users to understand how their models affect markets or contributes to market shocks. It can amplify systemic risks related to pro-cyclicality, convergence, and increased market volatility through simultaneous purchases and sales of large quantities, particularly when third party standardized models are used. Importantly, the inability of users to adjust their strategies in times of stress may lead to exacerbated market volatility and bouts of illiquidity during periods of acute stress, aggravating flash crash type of events.

Regulators should consider how to overcome the perceived incompatibility of the lack of explainability in A.I. with existing laws and regulations. There may be a need to update and/or adjust the currently applicable frameworks for "model governance and risk management" by financial services firms in order to address such challenges arising by the use of A.I.-based models. The supervisory focus may need to be shifted from documentation of the development process and the process by which the model arrives to its prediction to model behaviour and outcomes, and supervisors may wish to look into more technical ways of managing risk, such as adversarial model stress testing or outcome-based metrics (Gensler and Bailey, 2020 [2]).

Despite recent progress to improve the explainability of A.I. from low levels, explainability remains at the core of the perceived lack of trust of users and supervisors around A.I. applications. While current discussions tend to focus on improving explainability as the sole mechanism to promote trust, other checks and balances may need to be introduced to ensure that ML model-based decisioning is operating as intended.

Policy makers could consider requiring clear model governance frameworks and attribution of accountability to the human in order to help build trust in A.I.-driven systems. Explicit governance frameworks that designate clear lines of responsibility for the development and overseeing of A.I.-based systems throughout their lifecycle, from development to deployment, may need to be put in place by financial services providers so as to strengthen existing arrangements for operations related to A.I..

Internal model governance frameworks may need to be adjusted to better capture risks emerging from the use of A.I., as well as to incorporate intended outcomes for consumers together with an assessment of whether and how such outcomes are reached using A.I. technologies. >>> Adequate documentation and audit trails of the above processes can assist the oversight of such activity by supervisors.

The provision of increased assurance by financial firms around the robustness and resilience of A.I. models is fundamental as policy makers seek to guard against build-up of systemic risks, and will help A.I. applications in finance gain trust. The performance of models may need to be tested in extreme market conditions, to prevent systemic risks and vulnerabilities that may arise in times of stress.

The introduction of automatic control mechanisms (such as kill switches) that trigger alerts or switch off models in times of stress could assist in mitigating risks, although they expose the firm to new operational risks. Back-up plans, models and processes should be in place to ensure business continuity in case the models fails or acts in unexpected ways. Further, regulators could consider add-on or minimum buffers if banks were to determine risk weights or capital based on A.I. algorithms (Gensler and Bailey, 2020 [2]).

Frameworks for appropriate training, retraining and rigorous testing of A.I. models may need to be introduced and/or reinforced to ensure that ML model-based decisioning is operating as intended and in compliance with applicable rules and regulations. Datasets used for training must be large enough to capture non-linear relationships and tail events in the data, even if synthetic, to improve the reliability of such models in times of unpredicted (or manufactured?) crisis. Continuous testing of ML models is indispensable in order to identify and correct for model drifts.

The ongoing monitoring and validation of A.I. models, which are fundamental for their risk, should be further promoted by regulators, as the most effective way to improve model resilience and prevent and address model drifts. Best practices around standardized procedures for such monitoring and validation could assist in improving model resilience, and identify whether the model necessitates adjustment, redevelopment, or replacement. Model validation, and the necessary approvals and sign-offs would need to be separated from the development of the model and documented as best possible for supervisory purposes. The frequency of testing and validation may need to be defined depending on the complexity of the model and the materiality of the decisions made by such model.

Appropriate emphasis could be placed on human primacy in decision making when it comes to higher- value use-cases (e.g. lending decisions) which significantly affect consumers.

Authorities could consider the introduction of processes that can allow customers to challenge the outcome of A.I. models and seek redress could also help build trust over such systems. The GDPR is an example of such policies, as it provides the associated right of individuals ‘to obtain human intervention’ and to express their points of view if they wish to contest the decision made by an algorithm (EU, 2016 [3]). Public communication by the official sector that clearly sets expectations can further build confidence in A.I. applications in finance.

Policy makers should consider the increased technical complexity of A.I., and whether resources will need to be deployed to keep pace with advances in technology. Investment in research can allow some of the issues around explainability and unintended (or ill intended?) consequences of A.I. techniques to be resolved.

Investment in skills for both finance sector participants and policy makers will allow them to follow advancements in technology and maintain a multidisciplinary dialogue at operational, regulatory and supervisory level. Closer cooperation of IT staff with more traditional finance experts could be one way to adjust the trade- off between predictability of the model and explainability and respond to the legal and regulatory requirements for auditability and transparency. There may be a need to build bridges between disciplines that currently work in silos, such as deep learning and symbolic approaches (with the latter involving rules created through human intervention), to help improve explainability in A.I.-based approaches (EuropeanCommission, 2020 [84]). Enforcement authorities in particular may need to be technically capable of inspecting A.I.-based systems and empowered to intervene when required.

The role of policy makers is important in supporting innovation in the sector while ensuring that financial consumers and investors are duly protected and the markets around such products and services remain fair, orderly and >> transparent! <<.
    • Policy makers need to sharpen their existing arsenal of defenses against risks emerging from, or exacerbated by, the use of A.I.
    Clear communication around the adoption of A.I. and the safeguards in place to protect the system and its users can help instill trust and confidence and promote the adoption of such innovative techniques. Given the ease of cross-border provision of financial services, a multidisciplinary dialogue between policy makers and the industry should be fostered and maintained both at national and international levels". unquote
    100% related issue:
    cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 22nd September 2022 at 10:21.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Harmony (22nd September 2022)

29. Link to Post #459
    Language
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

• Rana el Kaliouby: Emotion AI, Social Robots, and Self-Driving Cars:

Rana el Kaliouby is a pioneer in the field of emotion recognition and human-centric AI. She is the founder of Affectiva, deputy CEO of Smart Eye, and author of Girl Decoded.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 22nd September 2022 at 11:43.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Harmony (22nd September 2022)

31. Link to Post #460
    Language
    Thanks

• Tesla's Robot: Coming In 2022 and Everything To Know:

Tesla's Robot: Coming In 2022 and Everything To Know.
    • The Tesla bot update you NEED to hear! A 10 year timeline? Tesla AI Day!

In this video we will discuss Elon Musk's vision for the future of the Tesla Robot. Currently hiring is underway for Tesla, which is aimed at working on the Tesla bot. Tesla bot prototype is expected to be unveiled at the upcoming AI Day in September. A future of abundance created by the Tesla bot to help labor shortages. Please note: I AM NOT A FINANCIAL ADVISOR! Everything on this channel is for entertainment purposes only and opinions expressed are my own personal opinions and views - which could be completely WRONG! Please DO NOT rely on any of my opinions, comments or views. Any decisions made by you are your responsibility and due diligence should be undertaken by you such as seeking professional Financial and or legal advice for any decision you wish to make in any avenue. Pictures, images, animations or video used in this YouTube video are not necessarily linked to video updates, commentary and are not necessarily representative of the content being explained in this Youtube video. For example images or footage shown may not be related at all to the commentary during the video. These are not to be taken as in alignment with comments or updates within this video - for entertainment purposes only. Some images and videos sourced from CANVA. There are some images and videos of robots and or AI in this episode that have been used for entertainment purposes and are NOT to be taken as official or sourced depictions of the Tesla bot. Again these have been used for ENTERNTAINMENT purposes only! An AI voice over has also been used for the purposes of this video with the aim of providing better entertainment!
    • Teslabot Arms Revealed! Plus, What Are Our Ai Day 2 Predictions?? With Scott Walter:
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 27th September 2022 at 19:17.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst 1 13 23 33 48 LastLast