+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst 1 10 20 30 48 LastLast

Thread: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

1. Link to Post #381
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,714 times in 20,824 posts

Default Re: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

• The Veil Between the 'A.I.-Generated Dream World' and Reality Is Disappearing:
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Gemma13 (13th April 2022), Harmony (3rd April 2022), Mashika (8th May 2022), Nasu (11th March 2022)

3. Link to Post #382
    Language
    Thanks

• Google's "Godhead" A.I. Singularity CULT, Smart Virus, Biohacking DNA, Chemtrails:

IMMORTALITY or Extinction? Nanotechnology, AI and Transcendent Man... Human 2.0 is almost here, all the mainstream elites are publicly funding research into immortality, DNA and transhumanism. No more secrets... The Transhumanist Agenda has gone mainstream and is happening now. What are the consequences?
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Gemma13 (13th April 2022), Harmony (3rd April 2022), Mashika (8th May 2022), Nasu (11th March 2022)

5. Link to Post #383
    Australia Avalon Member Ankle Biter's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,662 times in 368 posts

Found this quite chilling to say the least... I believe they can and do exactly this right now!

also ties in with what I was rambling about in this post.

(note to mods: if above linked post in ww3 thread better suited here please feel free to move)
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. -Lao Tzu

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ankle Biter For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (1st April 2022), Gemma13 (13th April 2022), Harmony (3rd April 2022), justntime2learn (14th March 2022), Mashika (8th May 2022), Nasu (2nd May 2022)

7. Link to Post #384
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,027 times in 268 posts

"Wake-up call": AI develops 40,000 potential chemical weapons in six hours

A research team has instructed an AI from the drug development industry to develop nerve agents. The result is a "wake-up call" for the industry.

An AI that is supposed to rule out dangerous side effects in the development of drugs has identified tens of thousands of potentially lethal chemical compounds within a few hours. The research team responsible has now explained this and speaks of a "wake-up call".

Although expertise is still needed in the fields of chemistry and toxicology, with programming skills and machine learning algorithms, the threshold for developing chemical warfare agents is falling dramatically. Their AI has independently developed not only one of the most dangerous neurotoxins, but even ones that could be even more toxic. They also discovered other known nerve agents in the data set, which the AI did not know about.

Known and unknown poisons designed

As the team around Fabio Urbina from the US company Collaborations Pharmaceuticals explains in the journal Nature Machine Intelligence, it never occurred to them to turn the target around during their work. They are actually working on using machine learning technology to screen molecules for possible toxicity. Their algorithm develops molecules with the condition that they must not be toxic to humans. It was only when they received an invitation from the Spiez laboratory in Switzerland to speak at a conference about the possible misuse of the technique that they thought about it. The laboratory is responsible in Switzerland for protecting the population from nuclear, biological and chemical hazards.

In preparation for the lecture, they had reprogrammed their own molecule generator MegaSyn and instructed it to invent substances that were as toxic as possible, not non-toxic. He was to limit himself to substances similar to the nerve agent VX, one of the most dangerous chemical warfare agents of all. Within only six hours, he had calculated 40,000 molecules that met the given criteria. Among them were not only VX and other already known nerve agents, but also completely new substances. Whether they are actually as toxic as calculated was not checked. But the fact that the AI also developed known toxins suggests that the results should be taken seriously. A "non-human generator of a lethal chemical weapon is fully feasible", the team writes.

They therefore describe the research as a wake-up call for all researchers who use artificial intelligence for drug development. The automated development of biochemical warfare agents is reality and not science fiction. No one knows how many companies have the know-how to do the demonstrated work themselves. It is now necessary to deal more with potential misuse of one's own technology and to work out possible protective measures. For example, the data sets used by one's own AI are freely available, and this is where one could start. It is also conceivable to set up a possibility to report potential misuse of such technology to the authorities. In addition, more emphasis should be placed in training on explaining the ethical consequences of the work. (mho)

source: https://www.heise.de/news/Weckruf-KI...n-6587025.html

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Olaf For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (1st April 2022), Gemma13 (13th April 2022), Harmony (3rd April 2022), Icare (15th June 2023), justntime2learn (18th March 2022), Mashika (8th May 2022), Nasu (2nd May 2022)

9. Link to Post #385
    Language
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

• Elon Musk Just SENT An A.I.-Powered Jet To Ukraine!

AI is everywhere now, AI is the future. Then why not in Aircraft? And who can be the pioneer in this job? You guessed it right, Elon Musk. The brand-new incredibly hi-tech, powerful, most advanced AI aircraft released by none other than real-life “Tony Stark”, Elon Musk, will give you shock not only to you but to Russia also. Can you guess how stealthy and powerful these are? How capable they will be? Well, just stick around till the end to know. Hello and welcome to Elon Musk Evolution. If you're a musk fan and don't want to miss anything about this incredible person, then smack the subscribe button and hit the bell icon so that you will be notified whenever a new video is uploaded. In today’s video, we are going to explain to you Elon Musk’s new and most advanced AI aircraft that will shock Russia! The US Air Force's objective of enhancing its capability through sophisticated autonomous systems and artificial intelligence is becoming a reality. Companies are competing for new weapon technology and making investments in the next generation of fighter jets. Here, we'll look at the most eagerly anticipated artificial intelligence weapon systems for airplanes to kill more quickly and effectively. Elon Musk, the multibillionaire entrepreneur and CEO of SpaceX, recently announced that one of the Air Force's oldest jets became the first combat aircraft to fly with artificial intelligence on December 15. According to Musk, this flight represents a significant step forward in the US military's ability to remain ahead of advancing adversaries such as Russia and China. The Lockheed U2 was given the moniker Dragon Lady because of an AI program that managed the Dragon Lady sensors and tactical navigation during local training from Beale Air Force Base. Kelly Johnson created a single jet engine high altitude surveillance aircraft in full secrecy, Musk disclosed. The U2s have participated in post-Cold War hostilities in Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as supporting several multinational NATO operations. The U2 has also been used for electronic sensor research, satellite calibration, scientific study, and communications. The AI algorithm for U2 was created by the Air Combat Command Federal Laboratory and is named after the robot from the Star Wars film franchise that acts as a co-pilot. According to Musk, the laboratories with more than half a million simulated training flights aim to take over all the functions normally performed by the pilot, including operating different sensors and navigation straight after take-off. The training scenario centers on a simulated missile strike, with the pilot hunting for enemy missile launchers and the pilot seeking opposing aircraft, both utilizing the U2's radar. According to Musk, R2 is built on the zero-game algorithm, which has been used to defeat human chess players. The AI Co-pilot was carefully taught to manage the U2 sensor-suite over almost half a million computer-simulated missions, according to the Air Force. "The more it fights in simulated air combat, the more efficient it gets," Elon Musk says. R2, even the actual RTD2, has strengths and shortcomings like any other pilot. Those who believe AI will soon replace pilots should keep in mind that AI currently has significant flaws. For example, as Musk noted, AI is subject to new techniques such as human errors and flaws, zero-day vulnerabilities, and classic cyber attacks. By targeting the learning process, AI systems may be hacked. As a result, the model develops a backdoor incorrect behavior that the attacker may exploit when the time comes.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ankle Biter (8th May 2022), Gemma13 (13th April 2022), Harmony (3rd April 2022), Mashika (8th May 2022), Nasu (2nd May 2022)

11. Link to Post #386
    Language
    Thanks

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Gemma13 (13th April 2022), Harmony (3rd April 2022), Mashika (8th May 2022)

13. Link to Post #387
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,097 times in 20,639 posts

Look what CGI can do to make one person look like another.
    I haven't watched network TV in years, so I wasn't familiar with the impersonator Bill Hader, who was on Saturday Night Live for 8 years.
    I also wasn't aware of how advanced this CGI tech had become.
    But I came across these videos of him doing impersonations and it was just too uncanny the way he seemed to morph into the celebrities he was impersonating, and apparently a lot of people were fooled, judging from the comments on the youtube pages.
    But of course, it was CGI.

Scary to think how this can be used to target people.
    Last edited by onawah; 3rd April 2022 at 04:09.
    Each breath a gift...

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Ankle Biter (4th April 2022), ExomatrixTV (7th April 2022), Gemma13 (13th April 2022), Harmony (3rd April 2022), Johnnycomelately (8th April 2022), justntime2learn (7th April 2022), Mashika (8th May 2022), meat suit (3rd April 2022), Nasu (2nd May 2022), Richter (16th April 2022)

15. Link to Post #388
    Language
    Thanks

• Elon Musk Just DEPLOYED 100 Of These TERRIFYING A.I. Tanks To Beat Russia!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Gemma13 (13th April 2022), Johnnycomelately (8th April 2022), Mashika (8th May 2022), Richter (16th April 2022)

17. Link to Post #389
    Language
    Thanks

• Ameca Interaction

This robot expressed more emotions in 21 secs than Mark Zuckerberg ever in his entire life. Creepy though ...
    • Ameca robot at Consumer Electronics Show 2022:

• Ameca Humanoid Robot AI Platform:

• The Most Realistic Humanoid Robot Yet (Ameca):

• How This Humanoid Robot Was Made | WIRED
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 8th April 2022 at 00:38.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Gemma13 (13th April 2022), Johnnycomelately (8th April 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th May 2022), Mashika (8th May 2022), Nasu (2nd May 2022), Richter (16th April 2022)

19. Link to Post #390
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,097 times in 20,639 posts

New Human created by technocracy: bio-digital convergence
    by Jon Rappoport
    April 13, 2022
    https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2022...l-convergence/

"We have a stunning February 2020 report, “Exploring Biodigital Convergence,” released by “Policy Horizons Canada… a strategic foresight organization within the Government of Canada…”
    https://horizons.gc.ca/en/2020/02/11...l-convergence/

The report lays out a pattern of joining biology and digital technology to create new humans.

This IS the planned future.

It doesn’t take a genius to see that this is the far shore of a global control grid.

I’ll start with a sprinkling of quotes from the report; they give you a general notion of what this “revolution” is about:

“Biological and digital systems are converging, and could change the way we work, live, and even evolve as a species.”

“More than a technological change, this biodigital convergence may transform the way we understand ourselves and cause us to redefine what we consider human or natural.”

“Digital technologies and biological systems are beginning to combine and merge in ways that could be profoundly disruptive to our assumptions about society, the economy, and our bodies. We call this the biodigital convergence.”

“Full physical integration of biological and digital identities.”

“Biodigital convergence is opening up striking new ways to: Change human beings – our bodies, minds, and behaviours…Change or create other organisms …”

Now here is a passage that should pull you up short:

“Digital technology can be embedded in organisms, and biological components can exist as parts of digital technologies. The physical meshing, manipulating, and merging of the biological and digital are creating new hybrid forms of life and technology, each functioning in the tangible world, often with heightened capabilities.”

“Robots with biological brains and biological bodies with digital brains already exist, as do human-computer and brain-machine interfaces. The medical use of digital devices in humans, as well as digitally manipulated insects such as drone dragonflies and surveillance locusts, are examples of digital technology being combined with biological entities. By tapping into the nervous system and manipulating neurons, tech can be added to an organism to alter its function and purpose. New human bodies and new senses of identity could arise as the convergence continues.”

That last paragraph has citations referring to published studies. I plowed my way through one, which detailed experiments with rats. The researchers found new ways of embedding many, many “threads” in the rats’ brains. These threads can presumably deliver information/commands to the brain. That would be the goal.

So this report on biodigital convergence is more than theory. It’s more than speculation. It’s extrapolation from current research. And it’s “forward looking.” At times, it barely contains its enthusiasm for a future in which humans aren’t humans anymore. Humans are “more.”

Here are several other quotes from the report:

“…biology is subject to influence and manipulation that was not possible a few years ago.”

“For example, gene sequencing [enabled by digital technology] combined with artificial intelligence (AI) leads to understanding genetic expression, which is then used to alter existing organisms to create organic compounds in new ways or even entirely synthetic organisms.”

“Neural nets – computer systems that are designed based on biological brains – are an example of how biological understanding is shaping digital technology.”

One hand washes the other. The biological and the digital hands collaborate.

But surely, people still understand that biology is fundamentally different from digital technology. Right? Read the next quote from the report:

“As we continue to better understand and control the mechanisms that underlie biology, we could see a shift away from vitalism – the idea that living and nonliving organisms are fundamentally different because they are thought to be governed by different principles. Instead, the idea of biology as having predictable and digitally manageable characteristics may become increasingly common as a result of living in a biodigital age. Any student of biology today will have grown up in a digital world and may consciously or subconsciously apply that [new] frame of reference to bioinformatics and biology generally.”

The report is talking about a cultural shift.

People immersed in “the digital world” will no longer view biology as VITAL AND ALIVE and the digital as MECHANICAL AND DEAD.

Instead, living biology will just be one more territory to be manipulated; like a machine that can be improved.

Therefore, the whole concept that LIFE IS VIOLATED by manipulating it and altering it radically…will fade out and go away.

The idea that biology is one thing and the digital is another will vanish.

Continuing to quote from the report:

“As digital technology became more complex and connected, the system began to mimic the characteristics of the biological world, leading to the notion of technological ecosystems. Biological models are also being used to develop digital tools, such as AI based on neural nets.”

Did you catch that phrase, “technological ecosystems?” Suddenly, the non-living—machines and data—is thought of as living. And many tech oriented people would say, “Well, of course. The systems ARE living. And if you don’t agree, you’re hopelessly old-fashioned and holding on to an irrelevant paradigm.”

The report: “Biodigital convergence is…moving away from the centralized models of pharmaceutical and industrial biotech toward widespread commercial and consumer use. These range from bioprinters that create organic tissue, to synthetic biology machines that can be programmed to create entirely new organisms. For example, Printeria is an all-in-one bioengineering device that automates the process of printing genetic circuits in bacteria. It is intended to be as easy to use as a domestic desktop printer and is projected to cost $1,500.”

Anyone can EXPERIENCE the blending of digital and biological by carrying out experiments at home.

And speaking of home, here from the report is a “possible scenario” occurring in the new biodigital world; up close and personal.

Note: Given what you’ve already read so far, this scenario is a decidedly Lite and cheery version of what it would be like to live in the new world. Further, there are all sorts of pseudoscientific assumptions about medical/health solutions and climate change EMBEDDED PERMANENTLY in the AI programs that govern daily life:

From the report: “I wake up to the sunlight and salty coastal air of the Adriatic sea. I don’t live anywhere near the Mediterranean, but my AI, which is also my health advisor, has prescribed a specific air quality, scent, and solar intensity to manage my energy levels in the morning, and has programmed my bedroom to mimic this climate.”

“I send a brain message [a thought] to open the app that controls my insulin levels and make sure my pancreas is optimally supported.”

“I check my brain’s digital interface to read the dream data that was recorded and processed in real time last night. My therapy app analyzes the emotional responses I expressed while I slept. It suggests I take time to be in nature this week to reflect on my recurring trapped-in-a-box dream and enhance helpful subconscious neural activity. My AI recommends a ‘forest day’. I think ‘okay’, and my AI and neural implant do the rest.”

The neural implant, triggered by a mere thought from the compliant citizen, creates the virtual “forest day.”

“The summary of my bugbot surveillance footage shows that my apartment was safe from intruders (including other bugbots) last night, but it does notify me that my herd of little cyber-dragonflies are hungry. They’ve been working hard collecting data and monitoring the outside environment all night, but the number of mosquitoes and lyme-carrying ticks they normally hunt to replenish their energy was smaller than expected. With a thought, I order some nutrient support for them.”

“Building codes and home energy infrastructure are synchronized, and require all homes be autoregulated for efficiency. Because houses and buildings are biomimetic and incorporate living systems for climate control wherever possible, they are continuously filtering the air and capturing carbon. I check my carbon offset measure to see how much credit I will receive for my home’s contribution to the government’s climate change mitigation program.”

“I replace the smart sticker that monitors my blood chemistry, lymphatic system, and organ function in real time. It’s hard to imagine the costs and suffering that people must have endured before personalized preventative medicine became common.”

“Today’s microbiome breakdown is displayed on the front of my fridge as I enter the kitchen. It’s tracking a steady shift as I approach middle age: today it suggests miso soup as part of my breakfast, because my biome needs more diversity as a result of recent stress and not eating well last night.”

“I take my smart supplement, which just popped out of my bioprinter. The supplement adjusts the additional nutrients and microbes I need, and sends data about my body back to my bioprinter to adjust tomorrow’s supplement. The feedback loop between me and my bioprinter also cloud-stores daily data for future preventive health metrics. The real-time monitoring of my triglycerides is important, given my genetic markers.”

“As my coffee pours, I check my daughter’s latest school project, which has been growing on the counter for the past week. She’s growing a liver for a local puppy in need as part of her empathy initiative at school. More stem cells are on the way to start a kidney too, because she wants to help more animals. I grab my coffee, brewed with a new certified carbon-negative bean variety, and sit on the couch for a minute.”

Many people reading this scenario would jump at the chance to live in that world—blithely assuming all would be well.

They would never guess their neural implants OVERRIDE decisions they themselves make that run counter to government “recommended behavior.”

Nor would they imagine the varieties of strange hybrid creatures that abound in this Brave New World. Animal-human-machine creatures, whose functions are assigned by technocratic rulers.

And the last thing they’d realize is that they could very well BE those animal-human-machine creatures.

Finally, for now; there is one element which keeps people from admitting that “science fiction” can actually come to pass. They believe people living in a dystopian science fiction world would KNOW it was horrible and life-destroying—and would rebel.

But the Canadian report points out that our culture is burying that knowledge. People of the near-future could hold beliefs which affirm the biodigital convergence as a major ADVANCE. As PROGRESS. As an Evolved Reality. As Truth.

With the memory of the past…gone.

CODA: Under several headings, the report lists biodigital strategies. They’re chilling. You can easily discern the implications.

HEADING: “What new capabilities arise from biodigital convergence?”

“Altering the human genome – our core biological attributes and characteristics.”

“Monitoring, altering and manipulating human thoughts and behaviours.”

“Neurotechnologies read brain signals to monitor attention and manage fatigue.”

“New ways to monitor, manage, and influence bodily functions, as well as predict, diagnose, and treat disease.”

“Digital devices can be worn or embedded in the body to treat and monitor functionality.”

“Biohacking with implanted digital devices to enhance bodily functions.”

“Nanobots and nanomaterials can operate and precisely deliver drugs within living creatures.”

HEADING: “New ways to change or create other organisms”

“Changing the type or amount of inputs that organisms need to grow.”

“Synthetic biology draws inspiration from biology, engineering, computer science, and physics for the design and construction of new biological entities.”

HEADING: “new ways to alter ecosystems”

“Changing and eradicating entire species.”

“Altering the natural environment at scale.”

HEADING: “New ways to sense, store, process, and transmit information”

“Turning organisms into biocomputers.”

In the ENDNOTES section of the report, you can find links to published research on biodigital experiments.

Example: “Brain-machine interfaces (BMIs) hold promise for the restoration of sensory and motor function and the treatment of neurological disorders, but clinical BMIs have not yet been widely adopted, in part because modest channel counts have limited their potential. In this white paper, we describe Neuralink’s first steps toward a scalable high-bandwidth BMI system. We have built arrays of small and flexible electrode “threads”, with as many as 3,072 electrodes per array distributed across 96 threads. We have also built a neurosurgical robot capable of inserting six threads (192 electrodes) per minute. Each thread can be individually inserted into the brain with micron precision for avoidance of surface vasculature and targeting specific brain regions.”

Example: “A project called DragonflEye, conducted by the research and development organization Draper in conjunction with the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, is turning the insects into hybrid drones. Live dragonflies are equipped with backpacks containing navigation systems, which tap directly into their nervous systems. The dragonflies can then be ‘steered’ to fly in certain directions. The whole thing is powered by miniature solar panels in the backpacks.”

Example: “Scientists have created the world’s first living organism that has a fully synthetic and radically altered DNA code. The lab-made microbe, a strain of bacteria that is normally found in soil and the human gut, is similar to its natural cousins but survives on a smaller set of genetic instructions.”

Example: “…we built a dual-core CPU combining two orthogonal core processors in a single cell. In principle, human cells integrating multiple orthogonal CRISPR/Cas9-based core processors could offer enormous computational capacity.”

Example: “The daring Chinese biophysicist who created the world’s first gene-edited children has been set free after three years in a Chinese prison. He Jiankui created shock waves in 2018 with the stunning claim that he’d altered the genetic makeup of IVF embryos and implanted them into a woman’s uterus, leading to the birth of twin girls. A third child was born the following year." "
    Each breath a gift...

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Ankle Biter (8th May 2022), Gemma13 (13th April 2022), Mashika (8th May 2022), Nasu (2nd May 2022), Richter (16th April 2022), Sunny (13th April 2022)

21. Link to Post #391
    Language
    Thanks

• My robot double sells out (so I don't have to):

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Mashika (8th May 2022), Richter (16th April 2022)

23. Link to Post #392
    Language
    Thanks

• Elon Musk LAUNCHED The World’s FIRST-EVER Reactor Powered By A.I.

Elon Musk Launched The World’s FIRST-EVER Reactor Powered By A.I.!

A major, eye-brow-raising breakthrough in science! Nuclear fusion, which used to be quite an unachievable project for years, has become possible. All thanks to the genius entrepreneur, Elon Musk! He disclosed an unprecedented reactor powered by artificial intelligence (A.I.) to carry out the fusion successfully. But how would this science fiction happen in real-life? What’s the secret? Hello and welcome to Elon Musk Evolution. If you're a musk fan and don't want to miss anything about this incredible person, then smack the subscribe button and hit the bell icon so that you will be notified whenever a new video is uploaded. In today’s video, we are going to talk about the first nuclear fusion reactor powered by A.I., which is revealed by none other than multi-billionaire genius Elon Musk. The interior of a Tokamak nuclear reactor, a doughnut-shaped tank meant to confine a nuclear fusion event, is filled with a unique form of pandemonium. Finding smart ways to control and confine that plasma will be key to unlocking the potential of nuclear fusion, which has been mooted as the clean energy source of the future for decades, noted Elon Musk. Hydrogen atoms are smashed together at unfathomably high temperatures, creating a whirling, enrolling plasma that is hotter than the surface of the sun. The science behind fusion appears to be sound at this time. So there's still a technical problem to solve. We need to be able to heat and hold this substance together long enough to extract energy from it. That's where Elon Musk kicks in the picture. He's been working on a cooperative research effort with the Swiss Plasma Center to create artificial intelligence (A.I.) for directing nuclear fusion reactions in stars that are also driven by fusion. Fusion reactions occur when the nuclear force drawing two or more atomic nuclei together overcomes the electrostatic force pushing them apart, fusing them into heavier nuclei. The process is endothermic for nuclei heavier than iron-56, necessitating an energy input. The heavier nuclei, which have many more protons than iron, have a stronger repulsive force. The process is exothermic for nuclei lighter than iron-56, releasing energy when they fuse. Because hydrogen has just one proton in its nucleus, it needs the least amount of work to fuse and produces the highest net energy. According to Musk, “Hydrogen is also the easiest fuel to fully ionize because it only contains one electron. The strong force works only over short distances, up to one femtometre, or one proton or neutron's diameter, but the repulsive electrostatic force between nuclei acts over greater distances”. The fuel atoms must be supplied with enough kinetic energy to approach each other closely enough for the strong force to overcome the electrostatic repulsion to initiate fusion. The "Coulomb barrier" is the amount of kinetic energy required to get the fuel atoms close enough together. This energy may be obtained by either speeding up atoms in a particle accelerator or heating them to extremely high temperatures. The electrons in an atom are taken away when it is heated over its ionization energy, leaving just the nucleus. Ionization is the name for this process, and an ion is a nucleus that results. As Musk explained, Plasma is a heated cloud of ions and free electrons that were previously bound to them. Plasmas are electrically conductive and magnetically tunable because the charges are separated. This is used in many fusion devices to confine the particles while they are heated. The mere gravitational mass of hydrogen atoms is enough to bind them together. And they triumph against their foes.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 17th April 2022 at 00:36.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ankle Biter (17th April 2022), Mashika (8th May 2022), Richter (16th April 2022)

25. Link to Post #393
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,533 times in 725 posts

A 7-foot-tall robot at Dallas Love Field is watching for unmasked travelers and curbside loiterers
    Kyle Arnold, The Dallas Morning News
    April 12, 2022

Yes, those 7-foot-tall machines at Dallas Love Field are watching you. They want to make sure you’re wearing a mask if you’re boarding a flight or not parking too long at the curb if you’re picking up a returning traveler.

Love Field is testing two Security Control Observation Towers at the airport, one near baggage claim and another near security checkpoints, to figure out whether robotic assistants can both help customers get around and warn passengers who are breaking rules. The robots can also call airport security and operations in case more help is needed.

While not quite RoboCop, the machines, nicknamed SCOT, were installed a month ago to “determine if they are capable of efficiently supplementing current airport operations,” said Love Field spokesperson Lauren Rounds.

The robots look like many other kiosks at the airport with a touch screen, including way-finding information, maps of parking garages and directions to ride-hailing and shuttle pickup. But SCOT is much smarter, capable of detecting what people are wearing and even whether they’ve got on a face mask.

Airports have been at the forefront of technology, including facial recognition and other biometrics, for years, a trend that worries privacy advocates who say there are few, if any, laws or guidelines about how emerging technology should be used. Amazon took criticism in 2019 after testing its Rekognition technology with police departments before deciding to ban law enforcement from using it two years later.

But private businesses and airports have been more aggressive, and the COVID-19 pandemic has spurred more emphasis on touchless interactions using computers. Fort Worth-based American Airlines uses facial recognition for some customers to check bags and airports such as DFW International Airport partner with the U.S. State Department for facial recognition technology for incoming passengers.

Surveillance technology hasn’t stopped progressing because the rest of the world was in the midst of a worldwide pandemic. In fact, more and more institutions and companies are using artificial intelligence to monitor spaces, said Adam Schwartz, an attorney for digital privacy rights group Electronic Frontier Foundation.

CONTINUE: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...ers/ar-AAW0cdz
    You Can't Talk and Listen at the Same Time

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Richter For This Post:

Ankle Biter (17th April 2022), ExomatrixTV (1st May 2022), justntime2learn (16th April 2022), Mashika (8th May 2022), Nasu (2nd May 2022)

27. Link to Post #394
    Language
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

• David Deutsch discussing "Artificial General intelligence" (AGI).

David Deutsch is the founder of the field of Quantum Computing and the author The Beginning of Infinity and The Fabric of Reality.
    • Timestamps:
    0:00:00 Will AIs be smarter than humans?
    0:06:30 Are intelligence differences immutable / heritable?
    0:20:08 IQ correletation of twins seperated at birth
    0:27:08 Do animals have bounded creativity?
    0:33:28 How powerful can narrow AIs be?
    0:36:55 Could you implant thoughts in VR?
    0:38:45 Can you simulate the whole universe?
    0:41:19 Are some interesting problems insoluble?
    0:44:55 Does America fail Popper's Criterion?
    0:49:57 Does finite matter mean there's no beginning of infinity?
    0:53:12 The Great Stagnation
    0:55:30 Changes in epistemic status is Popperianism
    0:59:25 Open ended science vs gain of function
    1:02:51 Contra Tyler Cowen on cvilizational lifespan
    1:07:16 Fun criterion
    1:14:12 Does AGI through evolution require suffering?
    1:17:57 Would David enter the Experience Machine?
    1:20:05 (Against) Advice for young people
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 1st May 2022 at 16:12.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ankle Biter (2nd May 2022), Mashika (8th May 2022), Matthew (1st May 2022)

29. Link to Post #395
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,067 times in 8,172 posts

"AI is the fastest way to communism", and other dumb quotes . . . .

https://rumble.com/v13axcb-elon-musk...-ai-is-th.html
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

30. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

Mashika (8th May 2022)

31. Link to Post #396
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,505 times in 4,311 posts

For the following videos, which came up on my YT feed last night, I echo the following comment. It describes my feelings exactly:

I must've been living under a rock these past two years because it seems suddenly out of nowhere there are AI systems that comprehend context at a human level of understanding. This is awesome and terrifying at the same time.

Yup. Awesome and terrifying.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Alecs (13th May 2022), Ankle Biter (8th May 2022), ExomatrixTV (12th May 2022), justntime2learn (9th May 2022), Mashika (8th May 2022), Mike (8th May 2022), norman (8th May 2022)

33. Link to Post #397
    Australia Avalon Member Ankle Biter's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,662 times in 368 posts

I find the awesomeness increasingly subsiding to leave mostly the terrifying.. a full convergence of us and robotic-machines is what would be, as is my guess, an end goal for the sentient a.i.. which not only do I think exists already but also has many people on this current trajectory to that end goal by marginal changes unfolding in real time. i.e. neurolink will remove the biggest latency between people interacting and with the a.i. and when that latency is gone the algorithms learning everything there is to learn about people and making us 'hackable' grows much more. Then there's forcing on people stuff like digital ID's coupled with sophisticated surveillance webs. This can/is achieved covertly disguised in things like returning to free speech in social media, e.g. Musk's twitter's .... 'authenticate all humans' takes care of the digital ID component... Conveniently Musk also has surveillance infrastructure on the go... Starlink feels another name for Skynet?
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. -Lao Tzu

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ankle Biter For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (12th May 2022), justntime2learn (9th May 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th May 2022)

35. Link to Post #398
    Language
    Thanks

• Surveillance Cameras Use A.I. To Detect Guns

Do you really think it stops there?

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 12th May 2022 at 23:24.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ankle Biter (15th May 2022)

37. Link to Post #399
    Language
    Thanks

• How Synthetic Media will change Hollywood? with AI, Digital Humans, Voice Cloning + Synthesia Demo:

Synthetic media completely democratizes filmmaking. No need for cameras, lights, microphones or even a crew. Cutting the cost from $200,000 in the analogue world and $2,000 in the digital world to just $30 using AI. We're moving to a world where Hollywood films can be made on your laptop. GPT-3 will write the script, Descript or Respeecher record the audio and Synthesia will edit and film. All of this taking seconds in 50+ languages.

00:00 Intro & synthetic media demo
    00:39 Synthetic media definition
    01:49 History of synthetic media
    03:04 Why video?
    04:36 Why now?
    05:49 Benefits of using synthetic media
    06:49 How to create synthetic media? Synthesia and Descript demo
    08:54 Personalisation
    09:34 Languages and reach
    10:20 Use cases incl vtubers, virtual influencers, ai companions,
    12:56 Risks in using synthetic media
    15:28 Future of synthetic media
    18:47 Synthetic media outro demo
    Tools shown:
    - Synthesia for video: bit.ly/synthesialink
    - Descript for voice cloning: bit.ly/descriptlink
    - Windsor for sales: bit.ly/windsorlink
    - Unreal metahumans: bit.ly/metahumanslink

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ankle Biter (25th May 2022), Reinhard (24th May 2022)

39. Link to Post #400
    Language
    Thanks

• China's Quantum Computer Teleportation & Why We Need A Quantum Firewall Mandela Effect

• A Closer Look At Simulation Theory of PKD Philip K Dick Matrix Mandela Effect Quantum Retrocausality

Philip K. Dick is inarguably one of the most thought-provoking writers of all time, and what's more, MOST OF WHAT HE WROTE CAME TRUE. Here, we take a closer look at his now famous speech of 1977, in which he proclaims our world to be a Computer Simulation. In my humble opinion, this statement was his interpretation of what he was experiencing, and it isn't a bad guess. But it is my contingency that this "Dickian" claim is inaccurately received by us, the people living in the 21st century. However, that does not change the fact that Philip K. Dick gave us a profound message in that speech, and others, as well as his novels & short stories.... It is left to us to interpret what in fact that message was.
    • Link to Philip K Dick's 1978 Speech Transcript "How to Build A Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart After Two Days": deoxy.org/pkd_how2build.htm
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 26th May 2022 at 16:36.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ankle Biter (27th May 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst 1 10 20 30 48 LastLast