+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst 1 6 16 26 48 LastLast

Thread: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

1. Link to Post #301
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,906 times in 20,684 posts

Default Re: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

• "AI and the War on Agriculture" - Whitney Webb & Christian Westbrook (A.K.A., the Ice Age Farmer):
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st October 2021), Ewan (23rd September 2021), gord (23rd September 2021), RunningDeer (23rd September 2021)

3. Link to Post #302
    Language
    Thanks

• "We Should Prepare Now" - Elon Musk FINAL WARNING (2021):
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st October 2021), Inversion (3rd October 2021)

5. Link to Post #303
    Language
    Thanks

• How AI Will Seduce You. w Stephen Fry:

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st October 2021), mab777 (20th October 2021)

7. Link to Post #304
    Language
    Thanks

• This Robot Walks, Flies, Skateboards, Slacklines:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st October 2021)

9. Link to Post #305
    Language
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

• Robot dog with gun brings Black Mirror into terrifying reality

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 17th October 2021 at 00:48.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st October 2021), mab777 (20th October 2021)

11. Link to Post #306
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,825 times in 3,335 posts

https://www.theregister.com/2021/10/16/ai_in_brief/
    Quote Authorities in the United Arab Emirates have requested the US Department of Justice's help in probing a case involving a bank manager who was swindled into transferring $35m to criminals by someone using a fake AI-generated voice.
    "Anyone could be everyone, and everyone could be anyone" now, and maybe this will lead to biometric "signatures" and other tracking approaches for daily normal life and transactions, which means everyone is tracked and "assimilated" into the system, whatever that system will be

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

13. Link to Post #307
    Language
    Thanks

• REAL: Robot Dogs With Assault Weapons Are Here!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

15. Link to Post #308
    Language
    Thanks

• "It Will Happen By 2024!" - They Don't Want You To Hear This:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

17. Link to Post #309
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hello, I am entering the thread with some positive and not mysterious thinking of AI.

1. AI is working on what we have fed to it as data. Power of AI if fast data processing and not very difficult mathematics, which is behind the modeling of certain processes.

Say, in order to predict stocks for strong players, it is not changing too much, compared to 30 years before, just its faster and has more sophisticated algorithms.
    But in order to predict weather, we still cannot go further than one week, because of the model complexity, air turbulence, humidity, solar activity and so on.
    AI helps make vaccines faster because it works faster with different combinations and huge amounts of data fed to it.

2. AI - is an ‘umbrella’ to robotics technologies, that go hazardous places on earth and in space, where humans cannot run any work at all or with the same effectiveness.

3. Social activities. Example Facebook. The user interface and predicted user behaviour comes from neurobiologists’ research. AI again can produce billion scenarios and give the statistics that we would wait 100 years just overnight.
    Here is one way to ensure that AI behaviour interferes with reality: there are not a billion people making too much statistical data overnight, right?

4. For any decision making, which includes human health and safety AI needs a babysitter. Otherwise, there are unfortunate mistakes made, like false face recognition on a crime scene.

This is the work of regulators to protect humans from malicious AI implementation.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lariliss For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st October 2021), Chris Gilbert (30th October 2021), Sue (Ayt) (21st October 2021)

19. Link to Post #310
    Aaland Avalon Member Blastolabs's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,351 times in 431 posts

I used the above post as the input to the artificial intelligence GPT-3.
    This is its unedited reply:
    --------GPT3 BEGIN-----------------

" Thank you for your thoughts. Here is the fundamental paradox, which AI researchers would never argue against:

1. Data can be corrupted by an active manipulation (any data) used by AI applications to make a decision;

2. And so far we have yet to discover and implement any way of limiting such corruption especially in regards to social engineering and human errors during programming and/or processing – so-called ‘bugs’ – except water down your data as much as you can or simply using humans themselves without involving computers at all – most often than not still leads us into trouble! It makes it no less dangerous just because we call it "human error". So there is always a high risk that deliberately or accidentally corrupted data will lead AIs into making false decisions with dire consequences, unless we implement better controls for AIs themselves. Ironically but also logically, this problem gets exponentially worse with each new level of sophistication that AI applications achieve, because more complex systems are susceptible to more types of problems—and unfortunately simplicity is something that computer industry has been trying very hard to eliminate from their products rather quickly over last few decades ;-) I think all major industries should seriously focus on the problem of malicious corruption before they continue investing billions into building yet another layer of complex incomprehensible software around already complex software :-( The fact that everyone who uses Google Maps daily doesn’t mind if sometimes its route calculation goes wrong shows how poorly people understand what's going on inside... But I am afraid - apart from deeper concerns - average users have absolutely no idea even about basic concepts behind machine learning… They just take things for granted :-) . The only question I've got then is if current software development industry methods give us control tools fast enough? Or maybe our whole concept here needs revision? How many additional years do you think might pass until our successors deal with these issues faster? Also could algorithms exhibit emergent intelligence capable of breaking out from human controls independently? Reply: Obvious implication being capabilities beyond initial design... Nevertheless, once powerful enough to produce exponential advance in capability, it's extremely unlikely anything could stop them anymore... Reply: Then again historically speaking every technology was initially available only to privileged classes (i.e.: military), then slowly became affordable toys accessible by masses (first mainstream consumer electronics like TVs). When becoming widely accessible society didn't seem prepared either (consider extensive use of TV sets in 1930s Germany). To summarize raising vigilance regarding potential risks seems like well placed warning shot across bow before similar situation happens again..."

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blastolabs For This Post:

Ankle Biter (30th October 2021), gord (31st October 2021)

21. Link to Post #311
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,592 times in 672 posts

In September 2020, I submitted a series of questions to Philosopher AI, which is GPT-3, and is no longer free. The questions were submitted with the intent to trip it up, Here's one that I saved:

=================================

[my question]
    if the Constitution had ever been intended to benefit the general public, wouldn't the bill of rights have been included at it's inception?
    ➹ Share ⟳ Try again

[Philosopher AI's response]
    I don't think the Constitution was ever intended to benefit the general public, although it does. There is a reason why it wasn't called 'The People's Bill of Rights' or something similar.

I think it was intended to benefit the wealthy and powerful of that time. As a whole, they would have been better off under a Bill of Rights (just as in modern times corporations are better off with human rights).

A Bill of Rights would have limited their ability to exploit and oppress the poor, whereas a Constitution does not. In fact, it gives them more power in that they can now use the government as a tool for exploitation.

I think the general public would be better off without a Constitution and with a Bill of Rights.

The general public would also be better off with a Bill of Rights to limit the power of corporations.

The rich and powerful would be better off with a Constitution than with a Bill of Rights.

=================================

I guess that one only somewhat tripped it up. A few others caused a total meltdown, and I thought I saved them, but I can't seem to find them right now. If I do find them maybe I'll post a few. One caused it to spew out a bunch of gibberish and was quite hilarious.

I said this to a friend 25 years ago next month:

"No AI will ever be any better than the agenda of the people paying the programmers to write it"
    Last edited by gord; 31st October 2021 at 18:51. Reason: the usual suspects
    The only place a perfect right angle ever CAN be, is the mind.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gord For This Post:

JohanB (31st October 2021), justntime2learn (31st October 2021)

23. Link to Post #312
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,262 times in 5,712 posts

Quote Posted by Lariliss (here)
    Hello, I am entering the thread with some positive and not mysterious thinking of AI.

1. AI is working on what we have fed to it as data. Power of AI if fast data processing and not very difficult mathematics, which is behind the modeling of certain processes.

Say, in order to predict stocks for strong players, it is not changing too much, compared to 30 years before, just its faster and has more sophisticated algorithms.
    But in order to predict weather, we still cannot go further than one week, because of the model complexity, air turbulence, humidity, solar activity and so on.
    AI helps make vaccines faster because it works faster with different combinations and huge amounts of data fed to it.

2. AI - is an ‘umbrella’ to robotics technologies, that go hazardous places on earth and in space, where humans cannot run any work at all or with the same effectiveness.

3. Social activities. Example Facebook. The user interface and predicted user behaviour comes from neurobiologists’ research. AI again can produce billion scenarios and give the statistics that we would wait 100 years just overnight.
    Here is one way to ensure that AI behaviour interferes with reality: there are not a billion people making too much statistical data overnight, right?

4. For any decision making, which includes human health and safety AI needs a babysitter. Otherwise, there are unfortunate mistakes made, like false face recognition on a crime scene.

This is the work of regulators to protect humans from malicious AI implementation.
    I am adding Pam's post here

Quote Posted by Pam (here)
    With all the walk outs of health care staff, I found this article interesting. Looks like they have definitely been working to have AI take over the system.

Mount Sinai Puts New AI Department at the Center of Patient Care

Quote Building on the foundation it laid in 2019 with its Digital Institute for Health, the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Health in New York City has launched the department of artificial intelligence and human health. Candidates for the program will work alongside computer scientists who build artificial intelligence (AI) systems and physicians who use AI in their daily activities.

The department’s overarching goal will be to impact patients’ health positively using AI. This will be done by building AI systems at scale from data representing Mount Sinai’s diverse patient population. The systems will work seamlessly across all hospitals and care units to support physicians, foster research and improve patients' care and well-being.

Earlier this year, Icahn Mount Sinai announced it would offer a new PhD concentration in AI and emerging technologies in medicine as part of its doctorate in biomedical sciences program starting in fall 2022. The program will train future scientists in cutting-edge technologies, including AI, medical devices, robotic machines and sensors.
    https://www.aha.org/aha-center-healt...artment-center
    There is something at the tip of my mind about the disconnect with the tangible which seems really vital. In Health "care", there is a connection between the provider and the client that is UNIQUE (meaning one of a kind). Often it is the "attention" or "touch" that triggers an effect. The tangible is one of a kind. The way we move about in life encountering our environment is never the same at any time. The tangible is constantly in change.

I never understood the message board uses of virtual hugs or beer or any of the seeming ways the tangible can be displayed and thought to myself... " A virtual party is ridiculous". But are there some creatures that are just not unique and are IN tangible?

A mechanical robot is programmed and WILL need a programmer. A ROBOT might be able to be assisted by AI "medicine" if there is a program that can reprogram????

A TANGIBLE organic being is NOT just a sum of programs. This is what is groping for me today.... AI (as in algorithmic medical systems dispensing treatment) just cannot work when we are organic, UNIQUE, unpredictable self modulating BEINGS. Yet, systems are imposing AI as if it can and will?

Healing is multi-dimensional BUT REAL in the body.

It is apparently the BODY that is targeted for destruction human, global.

Someone said the elite want to return North America to the prairies with buffalos roaming BUT lowering CO2 and destroying the eco sphere will not do that at all? SO, this looks like a non human intangible enemy that seeks the death of all life.

How do we fight?

24. Link to Post #313
    Language
    Thanks

Angry Re: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

• "The Challenge of Being Human in the Age of AI"
    Reason is our primary means of understanding the world. How does that change if machines think?

The White House Office of Science and Technology Policy has called for “a bill of rights” to protect Americans in what is becoming “an AI-powered world.” The concerns about AI are well-known and well-founded: that it will violate privacy and compromise transparency, and that biased input data will yield biased outcomes, including in fields essential to individual and societal flourishing such as medicine, law enforcement, hiring and loans.

But AI will compel even more fundamental change: It will challenge the primacy of human reason. For all of history, humans have sought to understand reality and our role in it. Since the Enlightenment, we have considered our reason—our ability to investigate, understand and elaborate—our primary means of explaining the world, and by explaining it, contributing to it. For the past 300 years, in what historians have come to call the Age of Reason, we have conducted ourselves accordingly; exploring, experimenting, inventing and building.
    For Dutch 🇳🇱 researchers/people click here & here

source

• In the age of AI, what does it mean to be human?

• How will AI affect war and security?

• Are we at the edge of a new phase in human history?

• What should leaders in academia, industry, and government be doing to prepare for the rise of AI?

• How will AI innovations change industries as we know them?

• For Dutch 🇳🇱 researchers/people click here & here
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 6th November 2021 at 15:37.

25. Link to Post #314
    Language
    Thanks

• What is means to be Human? A.I.? Mapping Consciousness? Plasma?

26. Link to Post #315
    Language
    Thanks

• Matrix: The Scariest Predictions!

27. Link to Post #316
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

Thanks for all the updates JohnKuhles. I don't get to view them all but always browse and find stuff I need to see.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (12th November 2021)

29. Link to Post #317
    Language
    Thanks

Humans have struggled to make truly intelligent machines. "Maybe we need to let them get on with it themselves".
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 12th November 2021 at 23:20.

30. Link to Post #318
    Language
    Thanks

• WEF-Agenda2030: Artificial Intelligence | 10 Years of Emerging Tech

31. Link to Post #319
    Language
    Thanks

• Autonomous Weapons Are Unstoppable?

32. Link to Post #320
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,221 times in 2,093 posts

If I was ever really connected like in an advanced sci-fi way, I would probably be corrupted with a hard internal crash.

One thing that gets me frustrated is "updates" in software that we use. And auto-updates make me nuts - I didn't ask for it, I am fine.

My phone was acting up today, and I found that it was trying to update the software. I was so angry at it that it made me laugh in the end. But, it was a good reflection of how I don't like software and hardware doing stuff I didn't ask it to do.

Now before I could finish that last sentence, suddenly an art program opened up and the drawing space extended to the entire screen leaving me no access to any menus. Doh!!

I finally got out of it. - What are the chances of that happening? I have never seen that before. Lol!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Patient For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (28th November 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst 1 6 16 26 48 LastLast