+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst 1 8 18 48 LastLast

Thread: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

1. Link to Post #141
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,906 times in 20,684 posts

Exclamation Re: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

Machine Learning: Living in the Age of AI | A WIRED Film

“Machine Learning: Living in the Age of AI,” examines the extraordinary ways in which people are interacting with AI today. Hobbyists and teenagers are now developing tech powered by machine learning and WIRED shows the impacts of AI on schoolchildren and farmers and senior citizens, as well as looking at the implications that rapidly accelerating technology can have. The film was directed by filmmaker Chris Cannucciari, produced by WIRED, and supported by McCann Worldgroup.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Artificial intelligence & algorithms: pros & cons | DW Documentary (AI documentary)

Algorithms can already detect Parkinson's disease and cancer, and control both cars and aircraft. How will AI change our society in the future?

This documentary journeys to the hot spots of AI research in Europe, the USA and China, and looks at the revolutionary developments which are currently taking place. The rapid growth of AI offers many opportunities, but also many dangers. AI can be used to create sound and video recordings which will make it more and more difficult to distinguish between fact and fiction. It will make the world of work more efficient and many professions superfluous. Algorithms can decide whether to grant loans, who is an insurance risk, and how good employees are. But there is a huge problem: humans can no longer comprehend how algorithms arrive at their decisions. And another big problem is AI’s capacity for widespread surveillance. The Chinese city of Rongcheng is already using an AI-supported 'social credit system' to monitor and assess its citizens. Does AI pose a danger to our personal freedoms or democracy? Which decisions can we leave to the algorithms - and which do we want to? And what are AI’s social implications?
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

AutumnW (6th December 2019), Gemma13 (12th December 2019), Reinhard (18th December 2019)

3. Link to Post #142
    Language
    Thanks

Default Re: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

Is The New 2019 Google Quantum Computer Sign Of End Times?

Googles New Computer Does 10,000 Years Of Calculations In Three Minutes. Is Googles New Quantum Computer Causing The Mandela Effect?

Welcome to Open Your Reality. I’m Chad, your host. Folks, we’re coming into interesting times. I came across a news article today on CNN and the NY Times stating quantum supremacy has finally been achieved – and by none other than google. If you didn’t know, quantum supremacy was a term coined in 2012 by physicist Jim Preskill, which means that the supremacy of quantum computers is now becoming a reality. Certainly, many companies, and even world governments, most notably China, have been hard at work over the last two decades trying to perfect the quantum computer.

The new space race or arms race is actually the race to build the perfect quantum computer? Why? Because artificial intelligence powered by computer technology will become the most powerful weapon in the 21st century, and quantum computers are the key to it all. But there’s other stuff they can do too, which I’ll get into later in the video.

So now Google has a new quantum computer that can far outpace any ordinary computing technology that exists today. Apparently, Google claims their new quantum computer can perform 10,000 years of calculations in a mere – get this - 200 seconds. This type of computing power is the quantum supremacy the elite were seeking and now they have it.
    This is all very interesting because over the last couple of days I was researching Geordie Rose and the D-Wave computers his company makes. D-Wave computers are also quantum computers, but they may not be at the level of sophistication of Google’s new quantum monster.

However, all quantum computers rely on a new form of technology which harnesses the power of subatomic particles. Unlike classical computers, which process data as individual bit, each a 1 or 0, a quantum computer uses a different foundation.

Furthermore, multiple qubits can be grouped together through another quantum process called “entanglement”. All this allows a quantum computer to explore an extremely vast number of possible solutions to a problem at the same time. Did you get that? I said the same time. And the difference is like comparing the speed of a bullet train to a snail. There’s no comparison. What used to take years to calculate with a classical computer now takes a mere few seconds with googles new quantum computer.

Now if you don’t exactly understand the way this technology works or can’t visualize it, don’t worry. I really don’t grasp it fully either. The main point is to understand that this technology is orders of magnitude higher than classical computers. We’ve known about quantum computers for more than a decade, but now it seems like the big money players are starting to perfect them, which will create even more of a gap between them and us.

If think you’ll even the score by purchasing your own quantum computer, forget about it - you won’t be able to buy a quantum computer any time soon. That’s because they are extremely precarious devices that need to be cooled to near absolute zero and look more like giant freezers than computers. Currently, the cost of creating a quantum computer and maintaining it runs in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.

As a matter of fact, this kind of technology is so powerful, I don’t know if it will ever be made available to the public. And if a quantum computer fell into the wrong hands, the repercussions could be so great, there’d be no way of fixing the damage. It would be like releasing demons into the world or opening pandora’s box.
    I had told you earlier, I was just researching D-Wave computers and Geordie Rose. I came across some interesting quotes from him and a few other physicists on how quantum computers really work.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

AutumnW (6th December 2019), Gemma13 (12th December 2019), onevoice (19th December 2019), Reinhard (18th December 2019)

5. Link to Post #143
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Glenn Beck and Jeff Brown, futurist and tech expert discuss the potential of quantum computing along with the many obvious drawbacks. Brown isn't completely negative about the future and is blown away by the creation of quantum computer. Even the most forward thinking techno-utopians figured the creation of a quantum computer would take at least another decade.

What astonishes me, is, in order to get a fix on this subject, you can't do it adequately by watching or reading anything much before the last couple of months. That's how fast things are moving.

I wonder if our alien overlords are seeding the minds of the top researchers, so they build out the infrastructure in THEIR image. They could be silicone based, rather than carbon based and the crash at Roswell could have provided a kick start or at least shown what was possible after the tech revolution was well underway.

Don't think we are alone in all of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAGeN5lrxws

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Gemma13 (12th December 2019)

7. Link to Post #144
    Language
    Thanks

"They Could Take Over The World.." | Elon Musk Urgent Warning on Artificial Intelligence:
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 12th December 2019 at 15:11.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Gemma13 (12th December 2019), Reinhard (18th December 2019)

9. Link to Post #145
    Language
    Thanks

Why Robots Need to be Able to Say "No" | Matthias Scheutz

Should robots always follow human orders? Or should they be allowed to reject them in some cases, e.g., when they are not safe? The answer is that robots must be able to disobey in order to obey.

Matthias Scheutz is a Professor in Cognitive and Computer Science in the Department of Computer Science, Director of the Human-Robot Interaction Laboratory and Bernard M. Gordon Senior Faculty Fellow in the School of Engineering at Tufts University. He has over 300 peer-reviewed publications in artificial intelligence, natural language processing, cognitive modeling, robotics, and human-robot interaction. His current research focuses on complex autonomous robots with moral competence that can be tasked in natural language. Matthias Scheutz is a professor of cognitive and computer science, and director of the Human-Robot Interaction Laboratory at Tufts University. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community.

10. Link to Post #146
    Language
    Thanks

Elon Musk - The A.I. Frontman - David Icke

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Reinhard (18th December 2019)

12. Link to Post #147
    Language
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

Google Being Sued for "Weaponizing Artificial Intelligence"?
    I see that 5G is also mentioned in this Humans vs Weaponized A.I. Lawsuit! Good
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 22nd December 2019 at 16:47.

13. Link to Post #148
    Language
    Thanks

Elon Musk on Artificial Intelligence as Future "Immortal Dictator"

It is not the first time Musk has made frightening predictions about the potential of artificial intelligence — he has, for example, called AI vastly more dangerous than North Korea — and he has previously called for regulatory oversight.

14. Link to Post #149
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,973 times in 20,621 posts

Technocracy: evolution told as a fairy tale
    by Jon Rappoport
    December 25, 2019

https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2019...as-fairy-tale/

“Technocratic human beings are spiritually dead. They are capable of anything, no matter how heinous, because they do not reflect upon or question the ultimate goal.” —Chris Hedges

“River and ocean turbines for electricity; hydrogen power; urban farms; massive water desalination—these are just a few of the means for making an abundant non-technocratic future. By any rational standard, technocratic idiocy is already obsolete.” —The Underground, Jon Rappoport

—Thanks to Patrick Wood and his book, Technocracy Rising, for expanding my insight into these areas.

"Consider the term “scientific humanism.” The Oxford Dictionary offers this definition: 'A form of humanist theory and practice that is based on the principles and methods of science; specifically the doctrine that human beings should employ scientific methods in studying human life and behaviour, in order to direct the welfare and future of mankind in a rational and beneficial manner…Origin mid-19th century.'

That definition gives you a good general meaning for “technocracy.”

Understanding the mindset of technocrats is necessary; they believe that since they can plan the shape of society, they should plan the shape of society.

Politicians are outmoded along this new evolutionary path. They will fade into extinction. Instead, engineers will take their place.

Human beings (all eight billion) will be accounted for. They will receive energy quotas. Because a master map exists for the amount of global energy available at any moment, every human will be permitted to consume just so much energy during a defined time period.

This is the technocratic “big picture.”

Wherever you see the Surveillance State, you see technocracy. The claim that surveillance is being utilized to prevent terror attacks is a cover story. In fact, there can be no all-embracing technocracy without real-time tracking of every citizen’s energy consumption.

But technocracy goes much farther than this. Humans are viewed as mis-programmed biological machines in need of basic corrections. Their tendency to engage in conflict needs to be curbed. Whatever they do, say, or think that runs counter to the tight organizing of “peaceful and harmonious” society from above is, a priori, irrational and must be eradicated at the level of Mind.

The necessary reprogramming would be achieved through genetic, electronic, and chemical means. Though never admitting it publicly, dyed in the wool technocrats see no reason to maintain the human population at its current level. Elimination of large numbers of “biological machines” would make their job easier.

Heraldic fairy tales about “transhuman” transformation are used to put a wondrous face on technocracy. For example, we’re told that soon it will be possible to connect a human brain with a super-computer and download “spiritual wisdom, knowledge, and talents” directly to the human.

Technocratic premise: society itself is a game board, and someone has to be in charge; who better than engineers with an overall plan?

So-called “advances” in human life will begin by stating the basic “rights” people are entitled to. For example, “an optimum state of social existence.” What this really means is “pegs in holes.” People will be fitted into slots that yield up the “largest amount of possible collective happiness.”

It’s all about The Plan.

Freedom? Freedom to choose? Never heard of it.

Instead, what the individual is given from above is satisfactory to him because the individual has been engineered to believe it is.

Smart-grid, sustainable development, green economy, land use, community planning, climate change, education in values, and other campaigns are signals and steps toward the far shore of technocracy. They all point to putting “pegs in holes.” They all ultimately involve quotas for energy consumption.

They all involve the assumption that, since there is only so much to go around, a higher authority must decide who gets what. Food, water, shelter, jobs, luxuries, energy…

Clue: scientists and engineers can arbitrarily say what science is, and therefore they can say The Plan is “scientific.”

If you say, “Well, look, there are genuine ways to vastly increase the amount of available water and energy and clean food,” you would be running against the technocratic blueprint. Opting for abundance is not welcomed. Abundance cuts the chords of The Plan. Scarcity must rule and it must be promoted. The lack of all essentials must be cited as the reason for imposing technocratic answers. There is no way around it.

The irony is, when you talk to really hard-core environmentalists about the means for achieving abundance through alternative technologies, they balk and grow angry. They don’t want technological solutions—and yet, the powers behind them, where the big money is, are, in fact, all about technology—technology of a certain kind, which is based on planning out a society in which permanent and growing scarcity is MAINTAINED AND PROMOTED as the immutable reality.

It’s quite mad, quite insane. But when has that ever stopped the men who are quite sure they should sit on thrones?

Vast abundance is more than a vision. It is a reachable possibility. The history of actual science and technology confirms that both essential materials and available human innovation were always downplayed as shortages—until some individual came along and demonstrated that a new way of doing things would break through the shortage.

Corporations, governments, think-thanks, and universities try to limit, curb, and bury inventions that open up the future to abundance. Technocrats are in a race to “plan society” before those inventions leak out into the public and make them, the technocrats, obsolete.

But they are obsolete. They just haven’t figured it out yet.

But we can figure it out. "
    Each breath a gift...

15. Link to Post #150
    Language
    Thanks

How A.I. China Tracks Everyone | VICE on HBO
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 25th December 2019 at 23:40.

16. Link to Post #151
    Language
    Thanks

A.I. Is Making it Easier to Kill (You). Here’s How.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 25th December 2019 at 23:39.

17. Link to Post #152
    Language
    Thanks

18. Link to Post #153
    Language
    Thanks

Linda Moulton Howe Artificial Intelligence Extraterrestrials Are Likely SOMEONE Else's Machines:

Linda Moulton Howe starts off with Elon Musk's comments to American governors at a meeting in Rhode Island: “Artificial Intelligence is a fundamental risk to the existence of human civilization and I don’t think people really appreciate that.” With video and images, Linda will lay out the emerging problems of applying A. I. to robots, especially those under development for military applications with weapons, and those problems include the potential for robots to lethally turn on their human makers. As humanity is rapidly moving to depend on A. I. robot support, people in the UFO/E.T. abduction syndrome have been saying for decades that some of the beings they have dealt with were clearly Someone else’s programmed androids and robots.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 27th December 2019 at 23:24.

19. Link to Post #154
    Language
    Thanks

What's Your Social Credit Score?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Mashika (30th December 2019)

21. Link to Post #155
    Language
    Thanks

Artificial intelligence and intelligent robots | DW Documentary:

Artificial intelligence and intelligent robots already exist. But what decisions can technology make on our behalf? How far can it go? AI is still in its infancy. Charlie is supposed to explore the Moon for us sometime. But no human lives will be at risk during his mission, because Charlie's a machine. The simian-like robot is currently still earthbound: he can currently be seen trying somewhat helplessly to navigate a papier mâché mock-up of the lunar surface at the German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence in Kaiserlsautern. Professor Wolfgang Wahlster, co-founder of the institution and, until recently, its boss, believes Charlie can be of great not only in space, but also here on Earth. He says intelligent robots could carry out dangerous jobs, search for victims buried in earthquakes or seal off a radioactive nuclear power plant after a meltdown. But what are AI’s limits? Can an autonomous car decide for itself whether it run over a child in the road or swerve into groups of people on the sidewalk instead? Our professional lives will also change. AI will make many jobs obsolete too - although it will also create new ones. The renowned Professor Wolfgang Wahlster believes that it will be down to politicians and society to define ethical boundaries. Meanwhile, he himself has become more humble. Forty years of research in the field of AI has given him a huge respect for human intelligence, which he says we are still light years away from being able to reproduce.

DW Documentary gives you knowledge beyond the headlines. Watch high-class documentaries from German broadcasters and international production companies. Meet intriguing people, travel to distant lands, get a look behind the complexities of daily life and build a deeper understanding of current affairs and global events. Subscribe and explore the world around you with DW Documentary.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

justntime2learn (30th December 2019), Mashika (30th December 2019)

23. Link to Post #156
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,825 times in 3,335 posts

Generative Adversarial Network (GAN) A.I. Algorithm can produce faces that look completely real, these are samples but there are way better trained engines that leave no doubt the person is "real" for people's eyes, a second algorithm that analyses the image is required to identify if the image was created by a GAN or not

Version 1 sample:

Version 2 samples:

Here's a very much improved engine, you can click on the bottom right corner "Another" link once the popup shows up after a couple seconds and you'll see more samples
    https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/

Here's a link to the paper explaining how it works

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1912.04958.pdf

More info here
    https://www.lyrn.ai/2018/12/26/a-sty...rial-networks/

Last edited by Mashika; 30th December 2019 at 04:25.
    Tired

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

bennycog (30th December 2019), ExomatrixTV (30th December 2019), justntime2learn (30th December 2019)

25. Link to Post #157
    Language
    Thanks

Googles New Quantum Computer - Is It The Sign of End Times? | Google Quantum Computer News:

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 2nd January 2020 at 00:52.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

justntime2learn (31st December 2019), Mashika (31st December 2019)

27. Link to Post #158
    Language
    Thanks

The Race to Harness Quantum Computing and A.I [The Singularity]

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

justntime2learn (31st December 2019), Mashika (7th January 2020)

29. Link to Post #159
    Language
    Thanks

The Scariest Predictions That May Come True In The Next Decade:

30. Link to Post #160
    Language
    Thanks

The Image of the BEAST of Revelation - Sophia Awakens:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst 1 8 18 48 LastLast