+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: Man tests if Google is listening to his iPhone mic in live video... Watch what he finds

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

Default Re: Man tests if Google is listening to his iPhone mic in live video... Watch what he finds

My post was not appreciated by the gate keepers. So I will just drop it.

By the way, Avalon is getting more and more difficult to get to. And once here, this site often is far slower and freezes regularly. Avalon has also been removed from my favorites list a few times. Same for infowars. But Avalon is much worse.

I often have to retype my texts because the site froze in the middle of texting - just like this time.

The gist of what I had written was that we do not own our electronics we only rent them. They are not our property. And the rental cost is far too high! The prices are geared toward ownership, but in fact, since we do not control our tech, it is merely a rental - with all rights reserved by the manufacturer.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th April 2018), Basho (14th April 2018), Bill Ryan (14th April 2018), ceetee9 (23rd April 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th April 2018), KiwiElf (16th April 2018), Magnus (13th August 2018), meeradas (14th April 2018), Michelle Marie (15th April 2018), raregem (14th April 2018), RunningDeer (14th April 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    Finland Avalon Member muxfolder's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,851 times in 668 posts

Default Re: Man tests if Google is listening to his iPhone mic in live video... Watch what he finds

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    To turn off the microphone on a Mac, go to system preferences: click “keyboard”, then “dictation” & “off”.
    Am I supposed to believe that the mic is really off? Seems it still reacts to sounds even when it's set to off.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to muxfolder For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th April 2018), Basho (14th April 2018), Bill Ryan (14th April 2018), ceetee9 (23rd April 2018), Daozen (14th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th April 2018), KiwiElf (16th April 2018), Michelle Marie (15th April 2018), RunningDeer (14th April 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

I don't believe that setting a mic to off genuinely stops it picking up sound. And I wonder if the JS audio/visual API is overridable. Deep in the Terms and Conditions of most big tech sites there will most likely be a clause where they can continue monitoring if they wish. The only real options is to do a Zuckerberg and tape up cameras and mics, or take out the USB cable.

Using getUserrMedia to tell users if their mic or camera is on would be a massive step towards transparency, for any site that wanted to be more honest.

This codepen will bring up a popup that will tell you the status of a mic and cam.

https://codepen.io/naicuoctavian/pen/EbZwMy

Your Mic is ON, your webcam is ON!

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th April 2018), Basho (14th April 2018), Bill Ryan (14th April 2018), ceetee9 (23rd April 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th April 2018), Joe Akulis (16th April 2018), KiwiElf (16th April 2018), Lettherebelight (14th April 2018), Magnus (13th August 2018), Michelle Marie (15th April 2018), RunningDeer (14th April 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by muxfolder (here)
    To turn off the microphone on a Mac, go to system preferences: click “keyboard”, then “dictation” & “off”.
    Am I supposed to believe that the mic is really off? Seems it still reacts to sounds even when it's set to off.
    With the exception of YouTube vids and a bit of downtime with Netflix, I live my day in silence. No music, there's no TV, the home phone is unplugged and I store the 15+ year old cell phone in a mylar bag.
    If 'they' are listening at my place, all they get are singing birds and an occasional toilet flush.

Quote Posted by Daozen (here)
    I have a double layer of masking tape over my built-in webcam.

NOTE: This lifestyle comes from a place of empowerment not the actions of a paranoid victim.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 17th April 2018 at 16:11.

8. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th April 2018), Antagenet (7th September 2019), Basho (14th April 2018), Bill Ryan (14th April 2018), ceetee9 (23rd April 2018), Debra (16th April 2018), Flyswim (15th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th April 2018), Holly Lindin (23rd May 2018), KiwiElf (16th April 2018), Lettherebelight (14th April 2018), Michelle Marie (15th April 2018), Olam (14th April 2018), raregem (14th April 2018), Reinhard (16th April 2018), Spellbound (15th November 2018), Tintin (16th April 2018), Valerie Villars (14th April 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Silence is Golden......agree, Paula!

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th April 2018), Basho (14th April 2018), Bill Ryan (14th April 2018), ceetee9 (23rd April 2018), KiwiElf (16th April 2018), Lettherebelight (14th April 2018), Michelle Marie (15th April 2018), O Donna (14th April 2018), RunningDeer (14th April 2018), Spellbound (15th November 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,560 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I often have to retype my texts because the site froze in the middle of texting - just like this time.
    Ernie, do read this FAQ. It'll solve your problems.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th April 2018), Ernie Nemeth (15th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th April 2018), KiwiElf (16th April 2018), Magnus (13th August 2018), Michelle Marie (15th April 2018), Spellbound (15th November 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

With the exception of YouTube vids and a bit of downtime with Netflix, I live my day in silence. No music, there's no TV, the home phone is unplugged and I store the 15+ year old cell phone in a mylar bag.
    If 'they' are listening at my place, all they get are singing birds and an occasional toilet flush.

NOTE: This lifestyle comes from a place of empowerment, not the actions of a paranoid victim.
    Yes, exactly. And exactly the same here, on every count. Anyone listening in would find it all very boring. (But what I sometimes write, maybe not so...)
    * Except that I share the silence with Mara the , who I occasionally talk to if she seems to want something. Usually food! She has NO dog toys, and wouldn't be interested...

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th April 2018), ceetee9 (23rd April 2018), Flyswim (15th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th April 2018), KiwiElf (16th April 2018), Magnus (13th August 2018), Michelle Marie (15th April 2018), O Donna (16th April 2018), RunningDeer (14th April 2018), Spellbound (15th November 2018), starlight (15th April 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Yes, exactly. And exactly the same here, on every count. Anyone listening in would find it all very boring. (But what I sometimes write, maybe not so...)

* Except that I share the silence with Mara the , who I occasionally talk to if she seems to want something. Usually food! She has NO dog toys, and wouldn't be interested...
    Wolfie (RIP) helped me hone in on my thought-to-thought communications that I had mostly lost from my younger years. It’s a matter of paying attention and practice for the skill to come back on line. It’s always been there. Turn down the dial on the inside and outside chatter.

I continue to practice with babies and little kids when I’m out and about. They’re still linked up to what’s a natural part of us. They reciprocate with smiles, giggles, and stares as I walk by. The little, little ones wave their hands and feet with glee. Sometimes I catch them reading the auric field. I appreciate and thank them for their feedback.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 14th April 2018 at 19:21.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th April 2018), Basho (16th April 2018), Bill Ryan (14th April 2018), ceetee9 (23rd April 2018), Constance (14th November 2020), Flyswim (15th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th April 2018), KiwiElf (16th April 2018), Michelle Marie (15th April 2018), Spellbound (15th November 2018), Valerie Villars (14th April 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Quote Posted by muxfolder (here)

Quote Posted by Daozen (here)

NOTE: This lifestyle comes from a place of empowerment, not the actions of a paranoid victim.
    That's funny Running Deer. I have a piece of lined paper that is split from age, with tape, over mine. What's even more bizarre is my 13 year old niece, who knows nothing of conspiracy realities, saw the tape and asked me to do the same to her computer because she said she always got a weird feeling someone was watching her.

Apparently, intuition runs in families.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (15th April 2018), Bill Ryan (14th April 2018), ceetee9 (23rd April 2018), Daozen (14th April 2018), Debra (16th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th April 2018), KiwiElf (16th April 2018), meeradas (14th April 2018), Michelle Marie (15th April 2018), O Donna (14th April 2018), Reinhard (16th April 2018), RunningDeer (14th April 2018), Spellbound (15th November 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    That to me is a sure sign that it is A.I doing the watching, and not some actual person?
    Exactly, because there isn't enough manpower in these companies to constantly monitor the microphones of every appliance that everyone is using all the time, and plus, if it was a human, they'd obviously know it was a test and likely not go along with it.

They have AI algorithms trying to decipher what is being said in real time, and from what Bill noticed, it seems like the algorithms aren't much more sophisticated than speech-to-text software, which is still really buggy. Google may have access to better technology than the speech-to-text than is publicly available, but it's still not perfect based on the above.

It won't be long though until they have better and better stuff listening in. Google is basically a private NSA now, that can be used by anyone with access worldwide. That alone is terrifying.

20. Link to Post #31
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7639206.html

FACEBOOK'S SECRET MIND READING DEVICE TO BE UNVEILED NEXT MONTH.

Hmmm So how many public "experiments/trials" have been conducted to prove out this tech I wonder.

I'm not a scientist but thinking about experimental processes I can see explanations for benign "mac cheese" trials.  Send coded "mac cheese" signal package that has embedded telepathic coding package coupled to coding connected to web and ability to transfer to human neural networks in close proximity.  If "mac cheese data" is successfully received it is then fluid between human and artificial network - but it would have to have some form of powerful driver to make data significantly prominent.

Anyway, makes sense to me and is of course all in line with transhumanism and cloud augmentation.

What a masterful creation for control freaks to control herd populations -  Godlike Puppet Masters.

What I would like to know is the coding for the firewall that they no doubt have to be immune to their own control coding.  And of course we can individually develop our own firewalls but how is general populace gonna work that out (sigh).
    Last edited by Gemma13; 16th April 2018 at 02:42.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (16th April 2018), Michelle Marie (16th April 2018)

22. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,315 times in 184 posts

For a period of time I had two computers: an old one that was breaking down and a new one that wasn't fully set up. The old one was using Firefox, with StartPage "the world's most private search engine", "enhanced by Google". I had an ad blocker, so I never had to deal with ads. The second compute also had Firefox but Google was the default search engine, and I hadn't gotten around to changing it. The two computers were on the same LAN network. One day I did a search on the first computer for "black seed oil". When I used the second computer, I got the shock of my life. I went to a blog that I often go to, and there was an ad superimposed on it for black seed oil. Apparently Firefox can transfer information from one computer to another unless you change its default settings. Needless to say, I changed the Firefox settings, put the ad block back on and use DuckDuckGo as my search engine.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sunny For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (16th April 2018), ceetee9 (23rd April 2018), KiwiElf (16th April 2018), Michelle Marie (16th April 2018), O Donna (16th April 2018), Olam (16th April 2018), Reinhard (16th April 2018)

24. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sunny (here)
    The two computers were on the same LAN network. One day I did a search on the first computer for "black seed oil". When I used the second computer, I got the shock of my life. I went to a blog that I often go to, and there was an ad superimposed on it for black seed oil.
    Weird. You don't think some association was made based on the IP address of the LAN? That's the first thing I'd guess but maybe they can do other stuff too.

You know, having big, loud office parties is another way to drown out listening devices. Coincidentally I noticed that Trump had a disco party at the "Southern White House" a few weeks back. Mara Lago is undoubtedly less surveilled than Washington DC. I walked around outside the White House at the end of December and I had the creepiest feeling that every single square inch of that whole block was under intense scrutiny. You can feel the tension in the air up there. Everybody seems very alert. Police stationed all around on the streets too of course. Just a weird place to be.

25. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

Quote Posted by Gemma13 (here)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7639206.html

FACEBOOK'S SECRET MIND READING DEVICE TO BE UNVEILED NEXT MONTH.

Hmmm So how many public "experiments/trials" have been conducted to prove out this tech I wonder.

I'm not a scientist but thinking about experimental processes I can see explanations for benign "mac cheese" trials.  Send coded "mac cheese" signal package that has embedded telepathic coding package coupled to coding connected to web and ability to transfer to human neural networks in close proximity.  If "mac cheese data" is successfully received it is then fluid between human and artificial network - but it would have to have some form of powerful driver to make data significantly prominent.

Anyway, makes sense to me and is of course all in line with transhumanism and cloud augmentation.

What a masterful creation for control freaks to control herd populations -  Godlike Puppet Masters.

What I would like to know is the coding for the firewall that they no doubt have to be immune to their own control coding.  And of course we can individually develop our own firewalls but how is general populace gonna work that out (sigh).
    Here are a few more gems from FaceBook:

Facebook -- Building 8 ~~~ DARPA's Regina Dugin

March 2017. "Secretive Hardware Division"
    http://www.businessinsider.com/faceb...n-april-2017-3

Drones, satellites, lasers, VR-Virtual Reality
    https://datacenterfrontier.com/faceb...enter-traffic/

MM
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 16th April 2018 at 05:14.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (16th April 2018), KiwiElf (16th April 2018), O Donna (16th April 2018), Sunny (17th April 2018), Tintin (16th April 2018)

27. Link to Post #35
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

It certainly wouldn't surprise me as something they would like to do, however I do have some questions...

Mainly that a microphone that is always on and always broadcasting to some Google database, would no doubt consume vast amounts of battery and data which does not seem to be the case...

It's possible this guy had previously searched for or been on websites relevant to the buzz words he used.

As I say it wouldn't surprise me but I'm still not convinced that they could constantly listen and broadcast that data from so many billions of phones without there being obvious energy and data trails.

Maybe not, I don't know...
    Last edited by MorningFox; 16th April 2018 at 08:04.

28. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sunny (here)
    Apparently Firefox can transfer information from one computer to another unless you change its default settings.
    Yes, Firefox can sync settings (history, bookmarks, saved passwords, add-ons, etc) between two computers on the same network. It can be useful, but I never knew it was a default setting. (Is it??) This page says you have to set up a sync account to do that.
    See also

Quote Posted by MorningFox (here)
    It's possible this guy had previously searched for or been on websites relevant to the buzz words he used.
    Well, he stated clearly he hadn't, and that he doesn't have a dog. "I don't own one of these," he said, pointing at the word DOG on the paper.

He also did a before-and-after check on the sites with advertising, showing that dog toys only showed up after he'd talked about them for a couple of minutes out loud. And they showed up immediately.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (16th April 2018), ceetee9 (23rd April 2018), KiwiElf (17th April 2018), O Donna (17th April 2018), Sunny (17th April 2018), Valerie Villars (17th April 2018)

30. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,315 times in 184 posts

Dear Bill, you may be right that it is not a default for Firefox. I did have Firefox saving my passwords and they transferred to the new computer. I did not consciously set up a sync account between the two computers -- my bookmarks did not go from one computer to the other -- my add-ons did not go over either -- but maybe when I was setting things up, sharing data was somewhere in my settings.

The way I became aware of it is that I got a message from Avast asking, "do you want Firefox to be transferring data to other computers?" and I turned it off.
    Last edited by Sunny; 17th April 2018 at 06:41.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (17th April 2018), KiwiElf (17th April 2018), O Donna (17th April 2018)

32. Link to Post #38
    Language
    Mancunian
    Thanks

I just tried to experiment using the same technique as the guy in the presentation,
    it didn't work for me,
    but I now have Fark bookmarked,
    funny lol.

Did anyone else use his method, and with any replicable success?

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to snoman For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (17th April 2018), Ewan (18th April 2018), KiwiElf (17th April 2018), O Donna (17th April 2018)

34. Link to Post #39
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 times in 278 posts

For what it's worth, I was online on my cellphone yesterday, just browsing on facebook. I was hungry so I repeatedly said to my gf who was sitting near me that I wanted a burger. Minutes after using the word "burger" multiple times, I got a sponsored ad in my newsfeed about a "burger house" joint. Now this is weird not only because of its synchronicity, but because I never google about food, especially junk food (I'm vegan). Today, I find this thread and everything makes more sense.

PS. Lol, posted at 11.11 am, local time. More sync.

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ZenBaller For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (17th April 2018), Antagenet (7th September 2019), ceetee9 (23rd April 2018), KiwiElf (17th April 2018), O Donna (17th April 2018), Spellbound (15th November 2018), Sunny (18th April 2018), sunwings (17th April 2018), Valerie Villars (17th April 2018)

36. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Quote Posted by snoman (here)
    I just tried to experiment using the same technique as the guy in the presentation,
    it didn't work for me
    From some of the comments others have made here, it might depend on which browser you are using (he's using Google Chrome in the video), what the settings are, and maybe some other variables we are missing. He's also logged into his Google account.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast