+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: Man tests if Google is listening to his iPhone mic in live video... Watch what he finds

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Default Re: Man tests if Google is listening to his iPhone mic in live video... Watch what he finds

I always manually turn the data ability for the phone, on and off. 'On swipe' when I need to use the net, 'off swipe' immediately after using it. Sometimes I'll power down the phone completely. and then put it away where the microphone is at least muffled.

I don't live on my phone, no one should, IMO.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (23rd October 2018), Alecs (11th November 2020), Bill Ryan (28th October 2018), Franny (4th September 2019), JRS (24th October 2018), Sophocles (23rd October 2018), Spellbound (15th November 2018), Swan (16th December 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd October 2018)

3. Link to Post #62
    Ireland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Man tests if Google is listening to his iPhone mic in live video... Watch what he finds

If you watch the `experiment` once more; you will conclude that its not valid in a conclusion that Google used his voice: It does however show his bias towards expecting an end result and getting one:

The Op in said video opens the `random` tabs [by no means are they random] sees an ad related to what he wrote/spoke of and then effectively influences the other tabs by directly clicking on the ad instead of merely noting its presence and not clicking it:

What I mean is; by the Op clicking the animal toy ad; he may have instructed other participating `white spaces` of smaller sub codes available to become potential openers for ad placements; which seems to be the case as the animal toy ads are identical:

A web-page in todays brower actually fill their purposes where ads are auto generated; but only appear once the user observes them or opens the full page for a second or more: Even while scrolling; ads are auto generated; sort of `on the fly` if you will:

Out of many variables; this process lowers the need for high bandwidth and the computational process itself: The early web was so slow due to such variables where most web pages were static due to their content being pre-programmed: The result was a lot of unnecessary lag and `buffering`:

The same principles are also applied in the gaming industry to enhance the overall experience with a lower need for computation; bandwidth and storage; where a frame or set of frames [in this case - GFX or Graphics] are resolved when required; and this is done only when the user self generates them by observational instructions:

NOTE: I am not rubbishing the claims herein of voice to text ads; but merely saying this `experiment` is not a good conclusion: However it does express itself as an example on how the next one can be improved upon; because despite how things seem; coincidence does not appear to limit itself to current human understanding: Just my thoughts on this:

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anti Democide For This Post:

Antagenet (7th September 2019), Bill Ryan (28th October 2018), Journeyman (12th November 2020), Tintin (6th September 2019)

5. Link to Post #63
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 times in 218 posts

I went into stores and I just found out that they secretly keep the location on my phone. I have now turned off absolutely anything I can find. I booked a holiday and now all they do is showcase flights to my destination on my phone.
    But I for Put stickers over my microphones and I got a bug detector and trialed it out. I found that my radiators are apparently bugged by something too.

Thirdly, I wonder that even when you leave things at home on the laptop for example why would it update your computer when it's possible they are updating your private usage for others at head quarters xyz to see what you been up to on it.

6. Link to Post #64
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 times in 218 posts

I had my mobile/cell phone left at home and I went shopping right. As soon as I got home, there was comments popup stating what shops I had been too and asking if I had a good time aka how would you rate it. No kidding. I was like You are kidding me. I only brought my debit card with me and used that. I was like OMG. I went as some of you know to YVR and when I came back the phone was providing me advertisements for yvr flights and comments reviews about your visit to YVR airport.

I want to get a basic phone next contract and I don't even put the tv on no more. I prefer the silence in a way. BUT I'm still fighting with voices in the head and I need to wake up more. Peace.

Oh I also went on twitter putting CIA stuff about Targeted individuals etc and now they trashed my inbox never in over ten years has it happened to me. I'm not mithered I'll continue.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Angels1981 For This Post:

petra (6th September 2019)

8. Link to Post #65
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,481 times in 1,693 posts

Quote Posted by Daozen (here)
    I noticed that mic appear a while back. I'm not suprised at all they are live tracking audio. This is mainly about entrainment. Getting us to shrug, say meh, and eventually accept a soft surveillance state.

Can you use Javascript to disable the internal browser mic + cam? I'm building a site now and am interested in browser security, specifically what surveillance cameras you can switch off using JS:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/.../Web_Audio_API

The really paranoid part of me thinks they might be able to override any settings set by Javascript in the browser. But remember... ***we agreed to the Google Terms and Conditions.*** None of this was forced on anyone. I speak as someone who has a gmail account. They have to respect our free will, and get our consent. Using Chrome or gmail is consenting to their plan.

Downloading chromium might help. I wonder if live audio tracking still works if you're using chromium.
    The mic in the macbook is in the sound settings in systm preferences.. Not the keyboard area.. Go to input. If you cannot find it, try your bluetooth connections tab as those also attach to sound for bluetooth speaker systems and such and you can change your settings from there. You never know what ha an actual mic in it, so always look to bluetooth as well.. It may be pairing something that has both a speaker AND a micrphone.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

justntime2learn (11th November 2020), Tintin (6th September 2019)

10. Link to Post #66
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Angels1981 (here)
    I had my mobile/cell phone left at home and I went shopping right. As soon as I got home, there was comments popup stating what shops I had been too and asking if I had a good time aka how would you rate it. No kidding. I was like You are kidding me. I only brought my debit card with me and used that. I was like OMG. I went as some of you know to YVR and when I came back the phone was providing me advertisements for yvr flights and comments reviews about your visit to YVR airport.

I want to get a basic phone next contract and I don't even put the tv on no more. I prefer the silence in a way. BUT I'm still fighting with voices in the head and I need to wake up more. Peace.

Oh I also went on twitter putting CIA stuff about Targeted individuals etc and now they trashed my inbox never in over ten years has it happened to me. I'm not mithered I'll continue.
    Holy cow! I'd call that a "WTF moment" alright.

Well for what it's worth, I see this as a good sign. I'm glad you're "not mithered", and thanks for teaching me a new word When I experience this kind of thing, I say to myself: "Don't mind that", and laugh about it. I mean, it's really quite ridiculous and hard not to laugh.

Personally, I don't mind "being watched", but I do mind being recorded! It's getting to the point now though, I cannot avoid being recorded - there's cameras everywhere. Even the TV is listening to us, my friend exclaimed at his TV "How the F do I get out of this?" and it brought up a help menu for him immediately. He didn't even realize the TV was reacting to him at first!

The TV's that can recognize you are creepy too. Like it knows who's watching by your face. Creepy.

11. Link to Post #67
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

My daughter and three of her friends tested this idea several times. Same result. As strange as it seems, they all seemed to notice that ads and links popped up for things they were only THINKING about. My girl told me that when they were doing this little trial she thought to herself that she needed to stop on the way home and buy floss. Within 4 hours she got an Amazon ad for floss on sale. She mentioned that to her friends days later and they all screamed that they'd had the same experience. Dear God, is this really possible?
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Antagenet (7th September 2019), Bill Ryan (10th September 2019), justntime2learn (18th September 2019), petra (6th September 2019)

13. Link to Post #68
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,386 times in 1,223 posts

Could you tell, please, was the phone on when she thought about buying floss, off, in her pocket, in the same room? I had similar experiences but haven‘t dared to take them seriously by now.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iloveyou For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th September 2019), justntime2learn (11th November 2020), petra (6th September 2019)

15. Link to Post #69
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    My daughter and three of her friends tested this idea several times. Same result. As strange as it seems, they all seemed to notice that ads and links popped up for things they were only THINKING about. My girl told me that when they were doing this little trial she thought to herself that she needed to stop on the way home and buy floss. Within 4 hours she got an Amazon ad for floss on sale. She mentioned that to her friends days later and they all screamed that they'd had the same experience. Dear God, is this really possible?
    Sounds like what people call "reality creation", and I think it is possible - but that also implies that we're living in some kind of weird hologram... (at least to me, and maybe only some of us)

My friend had me try an experiment thinking of an "unlikely object" and I chose a white cat, because I'm sick of seeing black ones. Within a few days, I saw two white cats - one on TV show "Modern Family", and another one belonged to an old friend who I hadn't seen in a while. I've mentioned it before and someone on PA tried this, and then messaged me to tell me it worked for them also. Personally I found it kind of creepy, especially with not one white cat, but two!

If anyone's going to try this experiment, try not to be alarmed if it works

The "real" white cat belonged to a person I betrayed once (edit: they forgave me), so I felt it was a "good sign"

The TV white cat which I saw first happened extremely fast and was incredibly creepy.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to petra For This Post:

conk (10th September 2019)

17. Link to Post #70
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by Iloveyou (here)
    Could you tell, please, was the phone on when she thought about buying floss, off, in her pocket, in the same room? I had similar experiences but haven‘t dared to take them seriously by now.
    On, in her hand. ALWAYS in her hand.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th September 2019), Harmony (12th November 2020), Iloveyou (12th September 2019), justntime2learn (11th November 2020)

19. Link to Post #71
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,520 times in 32,788 posts

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Anka (11th November 2020), Harmony (12th November 2020), justntime2learn (11th November 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (11th November 2020), Mike (11th November 2020), wondering (11th November 2020), Yoda (11th November 2020)

21. Link to Post #72
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,244 times in 2,174 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    We are receiving you loud and clear!
    Last edited by pueblo; 11th November 2020 at 19:02.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Anka (11th November 2020), Bill Ryan (11th November 2020), Harmony (12th November 2020), justntime2learn (11th November 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (11th November 2020), Mike (11th November 2020), wondering (11th November 2020)

23. Link to Post #73
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,530 times in 2,552 posts

When I first started noticing hints of this phenom, it sure reminded me of this series from 2011, executive producers including , J.J. Abrams.
    Maybe I'll watch it again, with new eyes.

Person of Interest
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Anka (11th November 2020), Bill Ryan (11th November 2020), gnostic9 (16th November 2020), Harmony (12th November 2020), justntime2learn (11th November 2020), Mike (11th November 2020), pueblo (11th November 2020), wondering (11th November 2020)

25. Link to Post #74
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

The internet not only listens to what you say and then provides you with the appropriate ad, but it can read your mind, as well as place thoughts in your mind. It is too late at night for me to go into the logic trail on the technology of doing this, but in the 1950's, they published in Popular Mechanics a small ad about a scientific experiment related to thought reading. From this tiny ad, there was enough information for me to extrapolate the possibility of reading thoughts as well as putting thoughts in your brain using the television or computer screen. I believe the trick was that no matter what language you spoke, the same electrical register was associated with the same picture. From this collation of pictures and signals, they established thought communication.

I have had my thoughts read by a television 12 ft. away from me, ads sent to me quickly by computer screen, and most insidious have been aware of thoughts (which were not my own) placed in my head when I was very close to the screen. On more than one occasion, recently, I have been aware of the printed word crossing my consciousness and field of vision, in my head and actually SEEING the typeface, while working on other things on the computer. This machine was invented to MIND CONTROL. Selling products was just an afterthought by DARPA.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th November 2020), gnostic9 (16th November 2020), justntime2learn (15th November 2020)

27. Link to Post #75
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I realize that many of my dreams at night are of reading screens. The information from them usually fleets rapidly when I wake up, although sometimes it feels like it was quite important info.

I used to read books in my dreams, sometimes feeling like I was flipping through pages and pages all night long, but now it is generally screens.

Does anybody else read at night in their sleep?

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Anka (14th November 2020), Bill Ryan (14th November 2020), Ernie Nemeth (14th November 2020), gnostic9 (16th November 2020), Harmony (14th November 2020), justntime2learn (15th November 2020)

29. Link to Post #76
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,950 times in 2,388 posts

Sue, check correlations with your own thread Songs-that-POP-in-Our-Heads

Have they worked out how to hijack synchronicities?

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th November 2020), gnostic9 (16th November 2020), justntime2learn (15th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (14th November 2020)

31. Link to Post #77
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    Sue, check correlations with your own thread Songs-that-POP-in-Our-Heads

Have they worked out how to hijack synchronicities?
    haha
    Good question, Ewan.
    Guess it comes back to the infamous "they" and how we perceive "them".

Personally, it helps me to always examine and follow the ensuing results, as I think this song epitomizes.

No fear

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th November 2020), Ewan (15th November 2020), gnostic9 (16th November 2020), justntime2learn (15th November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4