Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Cistus Incanus - a most interesting Tea

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default Re: Cistus Incanus - a most interesting Tea

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    Here is a link to an EBay source for the Cistus Incanus - (loose) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cistus-Inca...g/252377535835

That's the one I got, exactly, but in bags.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bob (26th April 2018)

3. Link to Post #42
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Update on Cistus Incanus use -

It's been over a month of daily use of the tea. I like it a lot.

Benefits observed
    • Improvements in skin appearance, skin tone, and issues like warts and moles, or scars or abrasion thickenings reducing and getting smooth.
    • A reduction in desire to consume "junk" or sweets.
    • A much healthier feeling digestive system.
    • Teeth and gums much healthier.
    • Body odor very much reduced (assumption is skin bacteria are reduced substantially, which matches reported claims about the Cistus Incanus acting like a biocide)
    • A general "less stressed" feeling overall.
    • Improvements to visualization and memory. Assume this is due to reduction of oxidative stress.

A side effect with the ability to have improved visualization and memory... where there are "issues" unresolved, there is less of a tendency to 'let it slide'.. So it seems to be one is able to recognize issues clearer, and then having the 'mindset' to 'deal with' instead of just ignoring.

An issue with large amounts consumed - probiotics really need to be used, with a set of strains that one is comfortable with. The Cistus Incanus does a great job of clearing out a lot of fungi, molds, bacteria, viruses.. Reports are it doesn't work on clearing out E. Coli.. That being the case, E. Coli requires Probiotics to deal with it.

I've also tried testing out making high concentration "extractions".. Such as for when one is dealing with a strong virus onslaught, to use a higher almost immediately absorbed carrier substance for the active constituents. At an ingestion level of 1 tsp per hour while the nastiest symptoms are present. I'll get into that in another post.

4. Link to Post #43
    Thanks

I've been using the tea for over a month, too. I do believe it has helped some healing on my skin and overall glow. Aside from that, I just really like it and I drink about three to four cups a day.

I wasn't a tea drinker before, but I am now. Thanks.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bob (31st May 2018), onawah (31st May 2018)

6. Link to Post #44
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Thanks, Bob. I've ordered it too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to toppy For This Post:

Bob (2nd June 2018)

8. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

I have a large bag of Cistus, nettles and other good herbs as well. But I can't/won't let go of my coffee habit!! urghhhhhh....

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Bob (2nd June 2018), Valerie Villars (2nd June 2018)

10. Link to Post #46
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)
    I have a large bag of Cistus, nettles and other good herbs as well. But I can't/won't let go of my coffee habit!! urghhhhhh....
    Love it ! I have at least two pints of some really nice Kona blend a day, and 1-2 pints of Cistus Incanus.

I actually tried adding in some Cistus Incanus concentrate brew to the koffee - wowzas.. now that was flavorful ! (Best of all worlds?)

11. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

That's a great idea Bob. I still drink my coffee every day. I'll try mixing the two just to see how it goes down.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bob (3rd June 2018)

13. Link to Post #48
    Indonesia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 times in 274 posts

Very nice tea - for some reason it is strangely familiar to normal tea and rooibos... but very light and drinkable. Beautiful tea! Hope to help a friend get off his smoking habit

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spade For This Post:

Bob (21st June 2018), kanishk (21st June 2018), Valerie Villars (20th June 2018)

15. Link to Post #49
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I had a chance to test the natural "bug repellent" side feature which happens from drinking the Cistus Incanus tea for over a month..

Was outside during dusk and there were swarms of some very small mosquitoes buzzing around. As I exhaled I noticed the swarm move over towards me. When they got close tho, none landed, did not get bit. I had no other repellent on.

I'm not eager to see if this works on ticks tho.. Possibly those who live in tick prone areas who are consuming (for at least a month) the Cistus Incanus tea could report on some feedback for if they have noticed reduced tick bites.

I don't know the effectiveness against chiggers, but it may be useful for that. If so hundreds of thousands of kids in chigger prone areas may be able to benefit..

16. Link to Post #50
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,533 times in 2,553 posts

Here is an article about how cistus was tested against Covid, with rather amazing results:

Cistus × Incanus L. Pandalis Is Highly Effective Against Delta Variant of SARS-CoV-2 in Vitro
    Published: Sep. 8, 2021
    Author
    Jens-Martin Traeder, Institute of General Medicine, University of Luebeck, Lubeck, Germany

Abstract
    Background: Recent studies have shown that a special extract from Cistus x incanus L. Pandalis (Cystus Pandalis® extract) has proven to be effective against SARS-CoV-2 in vitro and it is likely that the extract shows to be effective against other new variants of SARS-CoV-2 like the “Indian” Delta-Variety as well. Methods: In order to verify our claim, we examined how the extract Cystus Pandalis® inhibits the cytopathic action (CPE) of the Coronavirus in a cell model with human intestinal cells (Caco-2). We incubated viruses with the extract and mixed them with the cell cultures. Result: Cystus Pandalis® extract has almost completely inhibited virus growth at concentrations greater than 100 μg/ml. The calculated IC50 (mean inhibitory concentration) for the "Indian" Delta variant was 101 µg/ml. Conclusion: Cistus x incanus L. Pandalis extract (Cystus Pandalis® extract) is capable of preventing cell cultures from being infected by SARS-CoV-2 in-vitro. Because of its high in-vitro potency against the new variants of SARS-CoV-2, it is more than ever reasonable to use Cystus Pandalis® prophylactically in order to decrease the virus load. The development of resistance to the extract is not likely. People tolerate the extract very well. No significant side effects have been detected. Phytopharmaceuticals extraxted from Cistus x incanus L. Pandalis are able to combat viral infections and can help contain future pandamics by being handed in advance profilactically.

http://www.sciencepg.com/journal/pap...mp.20210703.13
    (the full study pdf is available at the link)

I also found some research that cistus is effective against ebola and hiv. This is an herb that is still widely available, fairly cheap, and tastes nice too, so it may be something to have on hand.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st October 2021), Brigantia (30th September 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (4th February 2022), Kryztian (2nd October 2021)

18. Link to Post #51
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,978 times in 1,342 posts

Thanks for bumping this thread Sue, it's a very interesting report - as is the thread. I've seen cistus incanus all over the Mediterranean in the past, it always looks gorgeous.

I found this brand on a search, it's a Polish brand so anyone in the UK who is near a Polish shop may find some there, in my experience the Poles always are very knowledgeable about natural health and diet. I'll be near a Polish shop at the weekend so with any luck I'll find some! If not, there are plenty of UK sellers that you can find from an internet search.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-30 at 22.14.49.png
Views:	7
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	47553  

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st October 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (4th February 2022), Kryztian (2nd October 2021), Sue (Ayt) (30th September 2021)

20. Link to Post #52
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,978 times in 1,342 posts

Success! I found some. Just look for Cyzstek amongst the herbal teas in a Polish store, the one I was in had 3 different brands. I got 3 boxes of 20 tea bags of this one, £1.17 each.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1BDB2D8B-3634-45A0-9202-D6D1E64A17D1_1_201_a.jpeg
Views:	9
Size:	435.3 KB
ID:	47574  

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Johan (Keyholder) (4th February 2022), Kryztian (2nd October 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3