+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Can your dog or cat that has passed away make contact with you from the hereafter?

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks

Default Re: Can your dog or cat that has passed away make contact with you from the hereafter?

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    I must say, Rhah, your post was a little "unfeeling".
    Thank you for your comment Foxie Loxie My apologies to you and all if my post came across as "unfeeling", I can assure you that it certainly wasn't intended as such. Perhaps due to the lack of intonation and facial expressions, which unfortunately is unavoidable with this digital way of communicating, my comment was interpreted differently than it was intented. And I do apologize. Apart from stating a truism (that we humans aren't part of the animal kingdom), I was merely asking for clarification on the comments of each respective commenter that I quoted.

If, indeed, everything in this universe is just a fractal of The Whole....your "truth" might be entirely different from someone else's "truth".
    I think the distinction should be made here between "objective truth" and one's "perception" of said "truth". Truth in itself - objective truth - cannot vary from person to person, it merely is, always has been and always will be. Only our perception of what truth is can vary from person to person. That I totally agree with. But that doesn't make it so. Because your perception of something can still be false. Sure, one might have made something part of their "reality" and has adjusted their life and personal philosophy to it accordingly, but that doesn't have any effect on whether it is actually true or not. They could still be believing in lies and falsehoods.

Actually, the more one learns, the more one realizes just how much one does NOT know!
    I 100% agree. In the words of Socrates: "The only thing I know is that I know nothing." And that is exactly why I think it should be our lifelong quest to get to know, and live in accordance with, real, objective truth. And that we should therefore always be ready and willing to utter the three magic words, "I was wrong". For how else can we come to know truth?

We cannot superimpose upon others what our own conclusions are as each person has had totally different life experiences.
    Oh no we certainly cannot. And I do hope that you didn't think I was intending to do just that with my previous post? I know I shared some information on the topic of this discussion earlier by quoting Manly P. Hall, but I was in no way insinuating that this was absolutely 100% true and that everyone should believe it to be so. My sole intention was to offer my personal perspective on the matter in the hopes of providing a piece of information that Pyrangello might resonate with and which would subsequently offer her some solace in her time of grief. Apart from that I consider my second post to be wholly seperate from the first. Also please note that throughout both my previous posts and this one I have been saying "I think", not "I think you should think", and I'm, naturally, perfectly ok with anyone disagreeing with anything that I say.

I think the "truth" is....we each construct our own "reality" & live within it.
    While I totally respect your opinion, this, I'm afraid, is something that I wholeheartedly disagree with. Because what you're essentially saying is that there are no rules that we are all bound by when it comes to the truth. That one could effectively make one's own perception reality. That one could freely decide what is and isn't true. And that, I think, is very dangerous. Because if we were really capable of consciously "constructing" truth and reality, then that could mean that one could, for instance, create a reality for his or herself in which pedophilia in government is nonsense, a falsehood. Or, to put it differently, that for one who has never heard of it, the practice of pedophilia amongst government officials isn't actually happening (for how could they have constructed it to be real if they have never received this information?) Sure, one is always free to do that, but that doesn't change the fact that that, as we unfortunately all know, is reality. And when truth has become something relative, then that could very easily lead to morality also becoming relative. Because if we truly are the creators, or "constructors", of our reality, than who is to say that one couldn't make it so that the use of violence isn't a bad thing? If this person creates a reality for himself in which the use of violence is beneficial, then that could be that person's perception, but does that really make a difference to what the act of using violence really is? No, it doesn't. It is, always has been, and always will be, a negative act. That's the truth. So while we do, indeed, have all created our own perceptions of reality, we aren't actually each living inside these seperate perceptions - we are all living, together, in the very same true, objective reality. So no, I do not think we create our own truth. Truth just is, and all we can do is discover it.

At least, that is what life has taught me up to this point!!
    My I kindly ask you how you have come to know that? And that is a genuine question.

All in all I would like to reiterate that the intentions behind my previous post weren't at all bad, but purely goodhearted. I merely wanted to warn against believing in things based on how we feel about them, rather than on logic and reasoning. Because, for example, (and I truly don't mean any offense to the original poster) believing in something as ludicrous as the idea that you can command the soul of your recently deceased pet to inhabit the body of another already born and living animal, something that clearly defies all logic and has no basis in reality, won't do you, or any one else, any good - for reasons I have explained above. You might like the idea of that being possible, it might make you feel good, but that doesn't make it so. It still is, and always will be, untrue. And addhering to falsehoods simply is in all cases unhealthy.

Now, my apologies for treading off-topic a little, but I felt I owed you, Foxie Loxie, a detailed explanation.
    Last edited by Rhah; 11th May 2018 at 12:54.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rhah For This Post:

Bluegreen (16th June 2018), Elen (11th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th May 2018), Michelle Marie (11th May 2018), pyrangello (11th May 2018), RunningDeer (11th May 2018), Wind (11th May 2018), XelNaga (22nd October 2022)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,735 times in 2,089 posts

Default Re: Can your dog or cat that has passed away make contact with you from the hereafter?

Do Dogs Have Souls?
    Image for Do Dogs Have Souls?

by Victoria A. Gardner

Do dogs have souls? A good question! Let me offer an answer from my perspective as a former professional dog breeder as well as a Spiritual Psychologist.

Of all the animals on this planet, dogs are the closest to human beings in their emotional responses and expression. Brain studies reveal that although apes, whales and dolphins have a cerebral cortex (the part of the brain where reason, judgment and other higher level thinking processes occur) similar to humans, dogs have a midbrain (the section where emotions occur) very similar, both structurally and functionally, to that of humans.

Studies show, and dog lovers know, that canines have the intellectual level of a child between one and four. They experience and exhibit attachment and bonding (or lack of), joy, contentment, security, fear, anxiety, jealousy, loneliness, depression, abandonment (separation anxiety) and learned helplessness. The psychological research on learned helplessness originally conducted on dogs was finally discontinued because it was so traumatic for the animals . . . and the researchers.

Most dogs, especially once they bond with a human, radiate energy from a perfectly developed and balanced solar plexus chakra. The perfection of the solar plexus chakra expresses itself through the dog’s unconditional love, devotion and loyalty. Dogs will sacrifice their lives for their beloved masters, and often die from grief if the human dies first.

The solar plexus chakra also expresses itself in the dog’s ability to balance the mood of the human being. For example, when people are sad or depressed, the dog helps them become happier; when people are anxious, agitated or angry, the dog calms them down.

Another example of an open and balanced solar plexus is the socio-emotional stability and validation people receive when the dog wags its tail and leaps with joy to see them. How many people greet you without criticism or condemnation, no pettiness, fussiness, opinions or judgments, and with complete forgiveness of past mistakes? Demonstrating unconditional love, dogs always start fresh and new, and see the best in you in the shining light of the moment.

It’s been said, “Animals have a way of filling spaces inside us we never knew were empty.” I know my dogs and cats have brought me unlimited emotional comfort and peace during my darkest moments. When the people in my life tired of all my misery and pain and complaining, my pets continued to listen, love me unconditionally, and give me the support and freedom to get through it. I believe the words of an anonymous writer, “Until one has loved an animal, one has not awakened to one’s soul.”

So back to the question, “Do dogs have souls?” There are some people who make me wonder if all humans have souls! Numerous studies in Spiritual Psychology show that dogs do indeed have souls, and once a dog bonds to a human, its soul attaches to the human’s soul and upon death, goes where the human soul goes. Indeed, thousands of people who have had a Near Death Experience (NDE) report being greeted in the Next Life by their beloved pets who have already crossed.

Dr. David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D., an expert on Consciousness and Spirituality and author of Orthomolecular Psychiatry, Power vs. Force: The Hidden Determinants of Human Behavior, Truth vs. Falsehood and many other books, started out researching and measuring human consciousness and spirituality, and then expanded into animals and even plants. Believe it or not, his research shows that many pets have higher levels of consciousness and spirituality than some humans!

I’ll go one step further. I don’t know who wrote, “Dogs are angels with fur,” but it’s not an exaggeration. I have researched, studied, written about and worked with angels (beings which every religion in the world acknowledges), and found that it’s not unusual for guardian angels to manifest as a companion animal. I could cite more evidence that dogs have souls, but it would be redundant. Anyone who has ever loved a dog already knows that!

Dr. Victoria A. Gardner, aka Dr. Vickie, has a B.A. in Education with majors in Psychology, Sociology and Music; a Masters in Counseling; and a Doctorate in Spiritual Psychology and Wholistic Healing. A former professional dog breeder, she also has 40+ years’ experience in Psychology, Special Education, Grief/Trauma/PTSD Counseling, and Wholistic Healing.

I found this article last night wile I was at home, by the way while I was reading this that light that has been turning on every morning between 330 and 5 am for my hydroponic plants turned off while I was reading this and yes for the 7th day in a row it turned back on by itself again this morning .

There's a standing old joke out there , this is not intended to get any of the wife's angry at me so don't take it like that,

" If you put your dog in the trunk of your car and your wife and came back 2 hours later and opened the trunk, who do you think would be the most happiest to see you when you opened the trunk? "

The reality of that joke may truly be a learning lesson in that consciousness has nothing to do with how you feel when you opened the trunk door, but unconditional love has everything to do with how your dog felt when you opened the trunk, because that dog loves you, trusts you and believes in you. I would say your wife does to but maybe not at that point of opening the trunk, it may be grounds for a physical attack . lol. Just something to think about

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Elen (11th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th May 2018), onevoice (11th May 2018), Valerie Villars (11th May 2018), Wind (11th May 2018), XelNaga (22nd October 2022)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Rhah....Thanks for the good discussion! I can tell it would be interesting to sit & have a visit with you!

I, too, have muddled about in my mind about the pedo's. They seem to have created a "reality" which the rest of us cannot accept. If we start from the concept that we are all a fractal of The One, I think it follows that it would be natural not to WANT to hurt another human being; sort of an unwritten "truth".

Since we have Free Will, we CAN make choices. IMO, Ronald Bernard is a good example of doing just that. He was operating within the "top elite", living in their "reality". Apparently, what brought him to his senses was the point at which they asked him to sacrifice a child....that he could not do! He has now created a new "reality" for himself centered around helping others.

Another example....I have a very dear friend who has dedicated his entire life to traveling the world as a Creationist, staying within the "reality" of a 6,000 year old earth & never questioning the fact that The Bible might NOT be The Word of God. I spent 70 years within that framework; so I understand it.

So, I guess each person's "truth" is different....but at the same time there seems to be an overriding Universal Truth available to us if we seek it out. You'll have to forgive me, as I've only been at this for about 3 years! I was SO thankful to have been "led" to Avalon so I could explore a much wider way of thinking!

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Elen (11th June 2018), Icare (13th May 2018), Michelle Marie (11th May 2018), pyrangello (11th May 2018), Rhah (11th May 2018), Valerie Villars (11th May 2018), Wind (11th May 2018), XelNaga (22nd October 2022)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

Rhah....Thanks for the good discussion! I can tell it would be interesting to sit & have a visit with you!

I, too, have muddled about in my mind about the pedo's. They seem to have created a "reality" which the rest of us cannot accept. If we start from the concept that we are all a fractal of The One, I think it follows that it would be natural not to WANT to hurt another human being; sort of an unwritten "truth".

Since we have Free Will, we CAN make choices. IMO, Ronald Bernard is a good example of doing just that. He was operating within the "top elite", living in their "reality". Apparently, what brought him to his senses was the point at which they asked him to sacrifice a child....that he could not do! He has now created a new "reality" for himself centered around helping others.

Another example....I have a very dear friend who has dedicated his entire life to traveling the world as a Creationist, staying within the "reality" of a 6,000 year old earth & never questioning the fact that The Bible might NOT be The Word of God. I spent 70 years within that framework; so I understand it.

So, I guess each person's "truth" is different....but at the same time there seems to be an overriding Universal Truth available to us if we seek it out. You'll have to forgive me, as I've only been at this for about 3 years! I was SO thankful to have been "led" to Avalon so I could explore a much wider way of thinking!
    Haha it would indeed!

Thank you for bringing up Ronald Bernard, I think that's a wonderful example. In my eyes he arrived at a critical point in his life where he discovered a piece of truth that drastically changed his perception of the reality that he previously thought he lived in and that made him a different, better person. But I think that goes for many of us here. It does for me, at least.

And yes, those three magic words that I mentioned earlier can, for many, be the most difficult three words to ever utter to oneself. Luckily I'm still relatively young so it wasn't (and isn't, because I'm still forced to say them regularly) as difficult for me as I can imagine it is for those who have been living in this "matrix" for a much longer period of time. At a certain point it just become nearly impossible, and will take an incredible amount of willpower and courage to take that step. That you managed to do just that at the age of 70 is truly remarkable and I can honestly say that I have immense respect for that.

I also very much appreciate the term "universal truth", I like that. Very accurate.

I would thank you twice if I could!
    Last edited by Rhah; 11th May 2018 at 13:35.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rhah For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (11th May 2018), Michelle Marie (11th May 2018), Valerie Villars (11th May 2018), Wind (11th May 2018), XelNaga (22nd October 2022)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by applepie (here)
    Bill
    According to Meher Baba in God Speaks, reincarnation begins at the human level. Animals do not reincarnate.
    Well, he's incorrect.
    I vaguely remember a quote from Buddha, but cannot remember the context. To paraphrase, "...just be thankful you reincarnated as a human". The intimation certainly that not just humans reincarnate. The great Oneness likely seeks to experience itself in many different forms, over and over again.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (11th May 2018), Michelle Marie (11th May 2018), XelNaga (22nd October 2022)

11. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

I think we become what we give our care and attention to as we assimilate the characteristics of what we are drawn to and that all things and concepts originate from our original creator/source. We are free to ponder, play and embody whatever off shoots of original concepts as conceived in the beginning.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Elen (10th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th May 2018), Icare (13th May 2018), Michelle Marie (11th May 2018), XelNaga (22nd October 2022)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

conk (14th May 2018), Elen (10th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th May 2018), Michelle Marie (11th May 2018), pyrangello (11th May 2018), Valerie Villars (11th May 2018)

15. Link to Post #48
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

My kitty, Saki-Beauty disappeared one year ago this month. I had her and her brother, Miso-Cutie, since they were kittens.

This week she was in my dreams! I'm taking that as a visit. I was so happy to see her!

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Bluegreen (16th June 2018), conk (14th May 2018), Elen (10th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th May 2018), pyrangello (11th May 2018), Ravenlocke (22nd October 2022), Valerie Villars (11th May 2018), XelNaga (22nd October 2022)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pyrangello (here)
    I really wanted to ask this, last week I had to make the decision to put my 15 yr,6 mo. old lab to sleep. She only had one good leg left, her bones were cracking when she moved and she wasn't getting up on her own anymore. Tough tough day taking her in and saying goodbye. Her AKC name was Rylee Rylee O'Rylee, and was she smart and did she push your buttons if you didn't pay attention to her. And I mean daily. Since her passing we have had a small bottle go off the shelf and now every night a light is being turned on by itself while I am up reading or getting something to drink. It has been consistent for 5 days now every night. May I ask can this be her ? and will I see her again when its my time? Thank You
    I would say yes. My former golden retriever, Max, has made his presence known to me before.

Once when I was thinking of him, a big truck went by with a huge picture of a golden retriever on it. My heart told me this was confirmation. The feeling is love...an inner knowing I trust.

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Elen (10th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th May 2018), Matthew (31st May 2018), pyrangello (11th May 2018), Ravenlocke (22nd October 2022), Valerie Villars (11th May 2018), XelNaga (22nd October 2022)

19. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Here is the little hydroponic tomato planter I have on the window sill, It has an LED lighting system to it that is plugged in with an on/off switch . This is what has been coming on by itself every morning between 330 and 500 since Rylee passed. Knowing Rylee and how much she always tried to get your attention daily I have very little doubt its not her. I took this photo this morning with and without the flash , it was not on at 3 am.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7508.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	37741   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7509.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	37742  
    Last edited by pyrangello; 11th May 2018 at 16:58.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Elen (10th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th May 2018), Icare (13th May 2018), Michelle Marie (11th May 2018), Ravenlocke (22nd October 2022), Valerie Villars (11th May 2018), XelNaga (22nd October 2022)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Here is the little hydroponic tomato planter I have on the window sill, It has an LED lighting system to it that is plugged in with an on/off switch . This is what has been coming on by itself every morning between 330 and 500 since Rylee passed. Knowing Rylee and how much she always tried to get your attention daily I have very little doubt its not her. I took this photo this morning with and without the flash , it was not on at 3 am.
    Heartwarming...
    MM

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Elen (10th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th May 2018), pyrangello (12th May 2018)

23. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Amazing, pyrangello!! How comforting for you!! These things our "unseen helpers" do astound us at times!

Rhah....Thank you for your kind words; it does a Grandma's heart good! I didn't realize you are so young! Wow! Your whole life ahead of you already possessing such knowledge as is available here on Avalon!

Hug returned to you & one for phrangello as well!!

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Elen (10th June 2018), pyrangello (12th May 2018), Rhah (12th May 2018), XelNaga (22nd October 2022)

25. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

So I took my other dog to the vet yesterday and her kidneys are on borrowed time, she lost 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks and her blood tests came back like the vet couldn't believe she was alive . So here we go again. This dogs name is Kappy, even in her condition she wagged her tail the entire time in the vets and even when they were drawing blood from her. Kindest, most gentle girl. Pushing 16. I've been carrying her outside everyday to go to the bathroom, she can walk back but that's about all. She is the black pup in the picture with rylee way back in this thread. Seems like everything happening in the world just doesn't seem important. I think your dogs , cats or other companions' are the closest thing to pure love an innocence besides only beating that is a newborn baby. Your companions don't know time, dates, or what a bill is, they don't care , all they want to do is spend time with you. Kind of a nice place to be isn't it.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Elen (10th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st June 2018), onevoice (9th June 2018), Valerie Villars (1st June 2018), XelNaga (22nd October 2022)

27. Link to Post #54
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,192 times in 4,071 posts

I feel for you pyrangello and love what you said about companions.

Growing up we always had dogs and cats. One was a golden retriever. A few days before mum passed away I was at her house (not the house we grew up in, and not a house the golden retriever ever knew) and I got the distinct sense and memory of this beloved pet and a sort of an idea of where they were, but it didn't linger. I'm not excited to admit it but I can't shake the feeling it was possibly our family dog from the hereafter.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bluegreen (16th June 2018), Elen (10th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st June 2018), pyrangello (1st June 2018), Valerie Villars (1st June 2018), XelNaga (22nd October 2022)

29. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,541 times in 32,788 posts

Here's an interesting 2017 film: A Dog's Purpose. The hero is a dog that reincarnates through a number of different doggie lifetimes, until (you can see this coming!) he eventually reconnects with his beloved master of old.

It left a few critics rather bemused, but it's lovely to see if one's a dog lover — or has ever lost a pet.

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Elen (10th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st June 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (2nd June 2018), Matthew (10th June 2018), naochan (5th June 2018), onevoice (9th June 2018), pyrangello (1st June 2018), Ravenlocke (22nd October 2022), Rosco1 (21st October 2022), Valerie Villars (1st June 2018), XelNaga (22nd October 2022), Zampano (2nd June 2018)

31. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Well yesterday at the end of the day we had to put are other lab/setter down, her name was Kappy. She was all of 16 years old and just down right the sweetest dog period. Her kidneys were failing and I have been carrying her outside to go to the bathroom at midnight, 5 am , ect ect. She could make it back to the house on her own with sometimes a little help , Kappy didn't eat any dog food for the last 2 weeks, she actually got catered to with chicken, beef and cookies, and some water with electrolytes. I think she was actually starting to enjoy the service she was getting but she was still dropping weight and the last thing I wanted her to go into was total kidney failure and all the repercussion's from that. So yesterday outside the vet we had her sitting on the grass in the sun, tail wagging and just happy. But when I sat her up her entire back end was curling under her as now she was loosing muscle mass. So I prepped myself for this journey and decision. Brought her into the vet and we spoke and you could sense a slight smell the septic on her from her kidneys failing. I decided to have her put to sleep. As the doc was putting the needle in her hind leg to shoot the sedative in , there she was wagging her tail just like always during the entire time he was administering the sedative. And Kappy kept wagging her tail until her very last breathe. What a tough decision this was? was it the right time? how much more discomfort until it takes a turn for the very worst and god forbid if it happens on a weekend when the vets are closed. And on and on. The vet said he had his own dog go thru this 20 years ago, said he waited too long and wish he never had. I guess realistically and practically it was the right thing to do but emotionally and with so much love you like to think that you want to give her as much time as possible right to the end. She had been having such a hard time walking with her hind legs but yesterday with her back end curling over told me things were getting worse and yes she was still loosing weight. Tough, tough , tough decision, and more tough was the goodbye as she was wagging her tail the entire time.............................................................

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Anchor (10th June 2018), Bluegreen (9th June 2018), Elen (10th June 2018), onevoice (9th June 2018), Orph (9th June 2018), Ravenlocke (22nd October 2022), Valerie Villars (10th June 2018), XelNaga (22nd October 2022)

33. Link to Post #57
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

pyrangello, I know what you are going through. I hope that time will heal your emotional wounds.

Initially in mid December of 2017, our beloved cat Fluke couldn't eat and started to lose weight. We spent countless trips to a very 24-hours clinic with veterinarian specialist doctors on staff through 2 biopsies and initially could not determine the cause of Fluke's deteriorating condition. Little over a week into the ordeal, the specialist clinic installed a esophageal feeding tube through which we could inject pureed food into Fluke. Months later we took him to another general veterinarian who after reviewing his medical history told us Fluke had terminal oral cancer, so only thing we could to was to feed him through the tube and give him pain killer jelly into his mouth. The ulceration under his tongue spread throughout his entire mouth, deformed his front teeth and even caused his right eye to go blind.

Throughout all this time, I researched and fed him all kinds of natural supplements to help Fluke, but nothing worked. Doctors didn't have any medicine to prescribe for him, other than pain management medicines. Despite feeding him maximum amount of food Fluke's doctor recommended through the tube 4-5 time daily, he continued to lose weight until he was skin and bones at the end.

In the last weeks of his life, Fluke was bleeding continuously from his mouth, so we had to wrap paper towel around his mouth to catch the blood. The blood would also run through the back of his throat as well. On the night of 4/13/18, we had the feeling that he might pass that night as he was really struggling to breathe. Around 1:45 am of 4/14/18 Fluke threw up his dinner and choked on it and eventually couldn't breathe anymore.

You may ask that toward the end why didn't we put him to sleep. Well we considered it, but my wife consulted her sister, who is an ordained Buddhist master. My wife's Buddhist master advised us that it was Fluke's karma to be in the condition he got into, and we needed to let nature take its course and not interfere. It was very painful emotionally for both of us to watch Fluke suffer so much until the end. As a Buddhist, we believe that all sentient beings reincarnate. And we believe that animals such as bugs, birds, reptiles and mammals are sentient beings. Our beliefs are not blind beliefs, they are based on enlightened masters who acquired firsthand knowledge to affirm our beliefs through over 2500 years of history and written down in many Buddhist scriptures passed down through the ages, starting with the original Shakyamuni Buddha.

It has been almost two months since our Fluke has passed away, and we still miss him very much.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Anchor (10th June 2018), Bluegreen (16th June 2018), Elen (10th June 2018), Orph (9th June 2018), pyrangello (10th June 2018), Valerie Villars (10th June 2018), XelNaga (22nd October 2022)

35. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

One voice, I'm going to have to digest the Buddhist path that was taken , as I have not fully researched the budda , is there ever a time where growth of a species along with evolution and knowledge would play a role in decision making ? I'm sorry about your cat fluke ,I truly am. But my good friend who works for a crematory for deceased animals mainly cats and dogs stated to me it is the trust and unconditional love that these species put in us to make decisions for them as they cannot verbally talk to you about how they feel and what's going on with them and having access to advanced medical knowledge of their condition reinforces the decisions we make for them. Such as if you have a headache, you can just get in your car if you choose and drive and get some aspirins to relieve that pain where as your dog or cat cannot make that choice.

I'm certainly not beating my chest thinking how manly of a decision I made making the call of having kappy put to sleep. Far from it, for me personally it was a choice of emotional vs realistic. And the delicate balance of keeping her alive for my selfish reasons of me not wanting to deal with this vs. What is in her best interest for her not to suffer, not to go thru all the list of grueling issues of kidney failure like blindness, seizures, toxic septic poisoning internally. And when this could all be starting , almost as simple as when kappy could not stay up to go pee and just sat there and became soaked in urine. I gave her a bath afterwards and yes put a blanket on her for the shakes to get her warm. By doing so she thanked me with her eyes and tail wagging. If I had followed the Buddha if I am hearing you I would have not been allowed to bath her or put a blanket on her and just let karma happen ,let her get infected more and so what if she's cold,it's karma. May I ask you ,if your cat was bleeding according to Buddha and karma why would you wipe any blood away as are you not to interfere with the path of your cat or even take her to the vet? Seems to me with your cat you struggled with your own selfish beliefs vs the best choice for your fluke. One voice I do not say that in a mean and harsh way to you,please do not take it that way.

I am only presenting the question which is almost along the same lines as do we make the call to have your best friend put to sleep for their best interest or your own selfish interest which could entail your own belief system,you not wanting to grieve at this moment,or you want them around as long as you can possibly make that happen no matter what the cost. It's a very tough gauntlet to move thru personally. Even now as much as I knew of kappys condition and my decision I am still struggling with the selfish side of me wanting her here now and deflecting the grieving process vs her not suffering anymore. I am still struggling with this as i write this but i stand by my decision on behalf of kappy because she trusted me for 16 years to make decisions for her on what she ate, where she slept, and what quality of life she had during our journey together. With that she gave me unconditional love the entire 16 years.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Anchor (10th June 2018), Elen (10th June 2018), onevoice (10th June 2018), XelNaga (22nd October 2022)

37. Link to Post #59
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

Tough, tough , tough decision, and more tough was the goodbye as she was wagging her tail the entire time.............................................................
    Been there, I know your pain.

I am so sorry, you had to go through this again so soon.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Bluegreen (16th June 2018), Elen (11th June 2018), XelNaga (22nd October 2022)

39. Link to Post #60
    Hungary Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Here's an interesting 2017 film: A Dog's Purpose. The hero is a dog that reincarnates through a number of different doggie lifetimes, until (you can see this coming!) he eventually reconnects with his beloved master of old.

It left a few critics rather bemused, but it's lovely to see if one's a dog lover — or has ever lost a pet.

Saw it, that was an absolutely lovely and uplifting film. Too few of those nowadays. I think it is generally accurate too, pets do have a special purpose in our lives, everybody who ever had a pet knows what I'm talking about.

I remember reading in the Law of One material that pets in effect get individuated when they get attached to human owners. This gives them an opportunity to move to a higher level of consciousness and they often transmigrate from animal to human souls in their next incarnation as a result.

David Wilcock claims that his cat contacted him in a dream a few years after it died to thank him and was now living in the body of a beautiful young girl. I have heard such stories from others as well, so it must be fairly common.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast