+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elon Musk: "We are already cyborgs"

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

Default Elon Musk: "We are already cyborgs"

The much revered Elon Musk awkwardly, carefully trying to explain the next step in trying to "keep up" with AI is augmenting the cell phone network into the human body cause the human body is capable of much faster data transmission than our fingers on our cell phones. Oh yeah before he says all that he nonchalantly fires out that we're already cyborgs cause we use cell phones. So who's getting apple and who's getting Samsung?

Last edited by Tyy1907; 10th May 2018 at 20:58.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

BMJ (22nd May 2018), Bob (11th May 2018), DeDukshyn (10th May 2018), Innocent Warrior (10th May 2018), KiwiElf (10th May 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th May 2018), mojo (10th May 2018), Noelle (11th May 2018), RunningDeer (11th May 2018), sunwings (10th May 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

Default Re: Elon Musk: "We are already cyborgs"

I just watched the new netflix movie "Anon".

The premise is, its somewhere in the near future, and everyone is "linked in" to everything - a visual readout is provided within you very eyesight, and everything else is linked in. Memory is atrophied due to it being replaced by the memories of the "cloud" -- all memories are retrieved from there and also everything everyone sees and does is recorded in this "cloud". Police detectives and hackers have access to it all. Hackers can hack the system and erase their interactions and associated memories to become "anonymous" - which is illegal; most hackers pick up private jobs of erasing memories and interactions of nefarious things that people don't want to ever get out. It's more of a detective show and has some parallels to the old school noir style detective shows. I won't say anymore in case for spoilers, but it was an interesting watch.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Alpha141 (11th May 2018), Bob (11th May 2018), Chanlo23 (11th May 2018), Innocent Warrior (10th May 2018), KiwiElf (10th May 2018), Noelle (11th May 2018), RunningDeer (11th May 2018), Tyy1907 (11th May 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Using electronic mail, message boards etc. doesn’t make us cyborgs. The neural lace would though, hence Musk’s ridiculous claim, because if we’re already cyborgs then melding our brains with computers and super intelligent AI just seems like the next logical step, since the alternative is being left behind.

Never mind that your mind can be hacked, that memories that aren’t yours can be downloaded to your mind and you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between those memories and your own, hence you wouldn’t even know it happened.

Here’s an 18 minute talk on brain computer interface technology -

The idea that we’re living in a computer simulated reality is becoming more popularised, I don’t think we are, but it’s coming for sure. We’d be melding our minds with an artificial intelligence that would otherwise render us as a house cat in comparison, what could possibly go wrong?

Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Alpha141 (11th May 2018), Bob (11th May 2018), Chanlo23 (11th May 2018), Daozen (11th May 2018), DeDukshyn (11th May 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th May 2018), KiwiElf (10th May 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th May 2018), Noelle (11th May 2018), RunningDeer (11th May 2018), Tyy1907 (11th May 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Wait, without reading any of it, I can honestly say I am getting none. I have NO cellphhone and no Apple computer. Elon needs to do his research and check with his heart.

Folks, this is a load of horse sh&t. C'mon. Use your heart and stop thinking with your head. They are so full of **** it's unreal.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bob (11th May 2018), Chanlo23 (11th May 2018), DeDukshyn (11th May 2018), Elpis (11th May 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th May 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th May 2018), RunningDeer (11th May 2018), Tyy1907 (11th May 2018)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

Yes
    A good exercise in spotting the ludicrous. Meanwhile the interviewers hang on his every word. Lol
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Bob (11th May 2018), Chanlo23 (11th May 2018), DeDukshyn (11th May 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th May 2018), Innocent Warrior (11th May 2018), RunningDeer (11th May 2018)

12. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Wait, without reading any of it, I can honestly say I am getting none. I have NO cellphhone and no Apple computer. Elon needs to do his research and check with his heart.

Folks, this is a load of horse sh&t. C'mon. Use your heart and stop thinking with your head. They are so full of **** it's unreal.
    I don't have a mobile either -- never had. But I think Elon is speaking from the POV of say someone who is twenty ... their phone is literally an extension of their being in many cases (right or wrong - this is reality). I believe Elon was speaking to this specifically, which in a sense isn't far off.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Chanlo23 (11th May 2018), Daozen (11th May 2018), PurpleLama (11th May 2018), RunningDeer (11th May 2018), Valerie Villars (11th May 2018)

14. Link to Post #8
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Much as I like Elon as a person I see him as a "Wilcock for the general public." i.e. he is probably leading people up the garden path. Looks like whoever fed him the info is trying to get people to link onto an AI grid. Who needs that? We are aleady telepathic.

And we're never going to Mars. We're most likely living in a simulation. There's a lot of evidence the moon landings are faked.

This is all just The Matrix dangling carrots.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Alpha141 (11th May 2018), Bob (11th May 2018), Chanlo23 (11th May 2018), Innocent Warrior (11th May 2018), RedSun88 (14th May 2018), RunningDeer (11th May 2018), Tyy1907 (11th May 2018), Valerie Villars (11th May 2018)

16. Link to Post #9
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Neuralink and the Brain’s Magical Future

Quote When I asked Elon about his timeline, he said:

I think we are about 8 to 10 years away from this being usable by people with no disability … It is important to note that this depends heavily on regulatory approval timing and how well our devices work on people with disabilities.

During another discussion, I had asked him about why he went into this branch of biotech and not into genetics. He responded:

Genetics is just too slow, that’s the problem. For a human to become an adult takes twenty years. We just don’t have that amount of time.
    Superbrains getting closer? Musk ‘lines up $100m’ to fund Neuralink brain-computer interface

That’s just for the startup, will Neuralink be on corporate welfare too?
    If Tesla Is Worth More Than GM, Why Are Taxpayers Still Subsidizing It?

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Bob (11th May 2018), Chanlo23 (11th May 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th May 2018), RunningDeer (11th May 2018), Tyy1907 (11th May 2018)

18. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Thanks Rachel for posting that above.

On the 29th April 2018 I met Darpa's leading and national foremost brain scientist, and was "dressed down" interrogated, debriefed... He was a former head of their BioMedical division - link: https://www.darpa.mil/about-us/offices/bto - I was invited to a private meeting with one other scientist from "skunkworks" to "understand state of the art" neural science.. where the military wants to go with it. (We talked about quantum holographics which happens to be one of my specialties). When something does go 'wrong' with any of the heads of State, they call that fellow in as he knows 'brains' the best..

My experience of him - very outgoing and very skilled in 'the-state-of-the-art'. He knows his stuff. He is very happy to have industry develop the neural probes and neural electric stimulators, and he is quite happy with Musk playing around drilling holes in people's heads to come up with a quick and easy way to install permanent electrode implants - the concept in the movies series "MATRIX" is where he lives vision-wise. He wants the "jacking in" experience to be a reality. For everyone, not just military.

What the military will do is TAKE from industry as part of their 'grant program' for sponsorship the full technology (allowing industry to retain IP ownership) and then do with that technology what they want. There is ZERO ethics - I will emphasise that Z E R O E T H I C S

There is only one desire - to have a meat machine which functions on command from the superior to whom they serve, to perform "just following orders", no matter what those orders are and to not question, and to just do.

There was a discussion about would the "implant" (the person installed with Musk's golden mesh) have any joy? My impression from the Dapra ex-department head was, why would we even consider such a concept.. There would just be DO..

A data dump of a program INTO the brain for it to then act on, and be queried by the external computer system.

There was no "MATRIX" like reality, just highly efficient "meat machines". Brain controlled machines to heal the rest of the support system for the "organic computer", (the brain), a body on command that is fully under control to act out according to the "Superior's Directives".

There is a team of them, a large team of them. What they do is delude and recruit kids out of college who DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER, who haven't been exposed to real world issues, but have only been programmed by the curriculum and the mindset of their profs and their peers through various "CLUBS" in the University. Special interest groups.

There is emphasis on trying to get kids to believe they are SPECIAL and that boosts the kid's EGO sufficiently that they (the military programmers) will have a way INTO the psyche.. Then they use the kids. Emphasis is USE THE KID - continually grooming the kid with "AWARDS" for achievement (while stripping away morality and ethics).

It was an interesting afternoon.

To quote Dr. McCoy in Star Trek the voyage home -

Drilling holes in the mans head? What is this the dark ages, the inquisition?
    Put away your butcher knives and let me save this man..

Musk's plan and Darpa's plan IS ABOUT drilling holes, one small hole to insert a probe, which will install a neural mesh screen with electrodes, conveniently and rapidly bypassing the need for long duration brain surgery - such could be done in a 15 minute procedure..

Abhorrent, barbaric, immoral, unethical, monstrous..

Vile is an understatement and a violation of all rights to dignity, freedom and individual personality - that is my take on where the "science" is going if people let those like Musk proceed.

There is no "joyous" matrix like AI where you can have ur fantasy reality - it is about following orders, becoming a meat machine in the industrial military complex, under control fully where there is no escape.

Get the picture very clearly, drilling a hole in the head and having an implant system of hundreds of electrodes piercing your brain, something that is not able to be removed, ever, while you are alive.

That is their vision of the "glorious future".

It is not glorious - it never will be.

Kids don't fall for the lure. Please.

reference: see the links in the search
    https://www.google.com/search?q=neur...iology+caltech
    Last edited by Bob; 11th May 2018 at 16:39.

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Bob, I don't even know what to say. That is so bleak and depressing I can barely wrap my head around it.

I want to say to those who are developing this technology "You first" if it's such a great idea.
    Last edited by Valerie Villars; 11th May 2018 at 12:06.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bob (11th May 2018), Chanlo23 (11th May 2018), Elpis (11th May 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th May 2018), Innocent Warrior (11th May 2018), Tyy1907 (11th May 2018)

21. Link to Post #12
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

This Val, is that these guys BELIEVE that is how reality SHOULD BE..

Look at the guy, wanting bux and sensationalism and total programmed cogs in a wheel where they on top are the owners of the "machine"... No more people to just haphazardly throw in a variable that upsets the "machine"..

Meeting these guys, they revealed in detail, enough to see where they have their technological shortcomings. They have working concepts, working models. The Darpa fellow is a cog also.

What was most amazing was to see/feel ZERO ETHICS - a totally focused mindset of "just following orders".. Absolute compliance.. in a living breathing human being...

He took glee, and joy in being able to instill that (install that?) in others..

Sorta like building a very precision racing car, able to travel 250 miles per hour on a race-track and be so precision controlled it would not crash.. (electric car?)

Think about that - society to be reduced to a "precision racing car" able to "compute" able to "vision" where AI could never go, in a fraction of a second.. Linking up all the human robots in the MATRIX.. Linking in the SOUL which AI doesn't have. They want the SOUL to comply. To be following orders..

They want our soul.
    Last edited by Bob; 11th May 2018 at 12:07.

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    This Val, is that these guys BELIEVE that is how reality SHOULD BE..

Look at the guy, wanting bux and sensationalism and total programmed cogs in a wheel where they on top are the owners of the "machine"... No more people to just haphazardly throw in a variable that upsets the "machine"..

Meeting these guys, they revealed in detail, enough to see where they have their technological shortcomings. They have working concepts, working models. The Darpa fellow is a cog also.

What was most amazing was to see/feel ZERO ETHICS - a totally focused mindset of "just following orders".. Absolute compliance.. in a living breathing human being...

He took glee, and joy in being able to instill that (install that?) in others..

Sorta like building a very precision racing car, able to travel 250 miles per hour on a race-track and be so precision controlled it would ot crash..

Think about that - society to be reduced to a "precision racing car" able to "compute" able to "vision" where AI could never go, in a fraction of a second.. Linking up all the human robots in the MATRIX.. Linking in the SOUL which AI doesn't have. They want the SOUL to comply. To be following orders..

They want our soul.
    Well, they can't have mine.

Instead of congratulating the military on their service, maybe we should be grabbing the artists, musicians and rebels by the lapels, look deeply into their eyes and say "Thank you for your service."
    Last edited by Valerie Villars; 11th May 2018 at 12:23.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bob (11th May 2018), Chanlo23 (11th May 2018), Daozen (11th May 2018), Elpis (11th May 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th May 2018), Ivanhoe (11th May 2018)

24. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Can't help but wondering.....What is wrong with taking 20 years to grow up?!! We don't "have time for that"? Huh????

Is there something "wrong" with just being a human being & enjoying life?! Exactly WHO sets up the guidelines? Isn't this the Deep State we are trying to get rid of?

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bob (11th May 2018), Chanlo23 (11th May 2018), DeDukshyn (11th May 2018), Innocent Warrior (12th May 2018), Valerie Villars (11th May 2018)

26. Link to Post #15
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bob (here)

They want our soul.
    This is as I see it too, all of what you wrote. They want to achieve a super race/neo human by merging the human creative will with the intelligence of the AI. Humanity as we know it will be no more if they have their way. Where would the objectors hide? The infrastructure is already pretty much in place, they have eyes everywhere.

What do you know about the timeline of the singularity? One of the AI robots spoke of it in past tense and it has people speculating that it’s already happened. Musk’s urgency has got me wondering too.

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Can't help but wondering.....What is wrong with taking 20 years to grow up?!! We don't "have time for that"? Huh????

Is there something "wrong" with just being a human being & enjoying life?! Exactly WHO sets up the guidelines? Isn't this the Deep State we are trying to get rid of?
    The singularity is when the AI has reached intelligence that surpasses all of the human brains combined, this is super intelligence and it’s only a matter of time before it happens (I’ll refer to this as ASI). There are varying estimates of when the singularity will happen, 2045 being one of them. By design, the ASI will then improve on itself and that version will do the same and so on. So then you have an artificial race that is vastly superior to the human race. The singularity is the resulting explosion of advances of the human race due to the ASI being able so solve all the problems and advance humanity to a civilisation unrecognisable to what existed before the singularity.

Musk’s spiel is as follows. The best case scenario is that the ASI is benign and would see us as a pet, the worst case scenario is that it would work against us in some terrible way. Musk’s solution is to develop technology (something like the neural lace) for humans to merge with the AI to ensure that we don’t get left behind by the ASI, and to be ready with that for when the singularity happens. Musk was asked why he didn’t go the genetic route in the context of that being a possible solution to the ASI problem, hence his comment that he doesn’t have the time.

In response to your questions - very twisted people set the guidelines because the masses are still making the fatal error of trusting and following authority figures and so-called experts instead of their own truth. I don’t believe it’s possible to be rid of the deep state before it’s meant to be rid of by the hidden hand (I think they’re being played too). We have to believe in our own visions and create new paradigms, rendering theirs archaic. For example; to avoid the Matrix scenario we have to somehow show that the divine intelligence of humans is far superior to any ASI that could ever exist. No pressure.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 12th May 2018 at 01:25. Reason: Typos

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Bob (12th May 2018), Tyy1907 (12th May 2018)

28. Link to Post #16
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rachel (here)
    [..]
    In response to your questions - very twisted people set the guidelines because the masses are still making the fatal error of trusting and following authority figures and so-called experts instead of their own truth.

I don’t believe it’s possible to be rid of the deep state before it’s meant to be rid of by the hidden hand (I think they’re being played too).

We have to believe in our own visions and create new paradigms, rendering theirs archaic.

For example; to avoid the Matrix scenario we have to somehow show that the divine intelligence of humans is far superior to any ASI that could ever exist.

No pressure.
    I'd like to bow and say bravo..

Exemplifying that, when I shared with my own mod group, I pointed out,
    • We look at the person with the black robes sitting tall behind the desk towering above us all and we submit - we are told that they know something we don't that they know the better and we don't
    • We see the "uniform" and we submit, comply never questioning, we see the "suit" and think they know better
    • We see the title of something tacked onto the 'name' of the individual and believe they have some superior intellect, or skill, that they know better than we do
    • We tell our children to adhere to all the above
    • We let the teachers in schools, the prof's program our brains, we let the schools dictate how we dress and conduct ourselves (no running in the halls)
    • We allow the instructor to "give us a gold star" if we were good and complied with the orders
    • We tell our pets to OBEY us, we watch shows about how to become "pack leader" to accept that there is a "leader" to the PACK, who commands and dictates to the rest to follow
    • We think the one with the "GOLD BADGE" therefore is the authority figure who knows best
    • We see the "wings" on the unreachable heavenly authority figure and don't question, we watch the "winged ones" command how our reality will be, their beliefs over ours

The programming goes deep - the family teaches the program to the child, lets the child have the pet and command the pet, to have an us and them mentality, that the master is always superior to the inferior subordinate.

My meeting with the Darpa fellow, first thing was to "dress down me", or speak down to me, him tossing his "credentials in my face" as if I were supposed to be in awe. I found him to be a mechanic, able to understand when this or that goes out, he knows what NUT to tweak. He had no extraordinary wisdom or insight. He demonstrated that he could play the "program" and expected me to use so called "child-hood" or school or university programming (or military boot-camp programming) buttons to respond.

Watching that, knowing that I felt pity for the poor guy.

What I found though, more interesting, was the skunkworks fellow... The reason for the human AI link was to be able to have the people on the inside command and be superior to the ASI. His viewpoint was shared with me that the ET ships, the ones that violate physics, temporarily re-write "reality" - the pilot has that neural lace embedded and no external stuff needs to be "jacked in"..

When connected it is very "borg-like".. the pilot has access to that "all ness" and then manipulates the "transducer" (the ship) to perform as desired.

The skunkworks guy wanted the inner group to be able to be superior, to be able to rule over "them" (the ET or "angels" of olden day) but the tech wasn't perfected. The Darpa fellow would with his organization provide the funds provided they for military use could have access and 'control'..

Re-writing reality in other words... How many bodies, brains, and soul is needed for that hookup? The Darpa fellow called it "primary science", or that understanding and code manual for "reality" and how it is accessed.. How many is their question..

So on the question of has singularity been achieved? I think it behooves one to look at purpose.. Like turning on a light bulb, when the bulb is lit that is one step.. What it illuminates and where that happens I think should be questioned. Who's driving the "race car", who is re-writing reality? Who is setting up the next set of programming buttons?

+ Reply to Thread